Free 2000 Wii Points Card

I got this email last wednesday and I haven't received my card yet:
Thanks for participating in the LetsPlayWii.com Wii Points Card
promotion.
We have recieved confirmation that you have signed up for true.com and
your
product will be shipped within 5 business days. You will also receive
another
email from us when the shipping takes place.

Any help? Should I be receiving another mail or something?

[quote name='Gator']I'm married. Does that mean I can't participate in this? :([/QUOTE]

You can participate in it. I had my girlfriend help me with my ad (made in humorous tone).

I'm kind of proud of the fact that I had five winks from profiles with "BBW" in the description. Gimme them cheetah panties! (Road Trip reference).

It says no married people or felons, but that probably doesn't matter unless you actually plan to use the service. If you're married to a felon, don't bother.

I still haven't got an e-mail saying they're sending me the card, and I think my trial is going to expire tomorrow. Should I be worried?

[quote name='newtype06']I got this email last wednesday and I haven't received my card yet:
Thanks for participating in the LetsPlayWii.com Wii Points Card
promotion.
We have recieved confirmation that you have signed up for true.com and
your
product will be shipped within 5 business days. You will also receive
another
email from us when the shipping takes place.

Any help? Should I be receiving another mail or something?[/quote]

You can cancel now. They (letsplaywii.com) will email you as soon as they ship your card out. Damn I really hate these things but I might have to bite on this like I did with the 360 one (which I can't believe is still going on).

got my card yesterday. like many others, i now have a game and some wii points, yet no wii. thanks again to the OP for posting this.

I signed up Sunday, and was getting worried about no confirmation from LetsPlayWii. So yesterday I replied to their original e-mail about "thanks for registering", the e-mail you get between filling out info on the Wii site and actually signing up on True. I didn't get any response so I just went to their website and tried the contact form from there. Within half an hour, I received a response saying "Based off of your IP address I was able to see that you went to the site twice, about an hour apart each visit. The first time you didn't enter an email address and that was the record that got credited. I'll merge the two records together and you'll be receiving your Wii Points." What had happened was, originally, I just clicked the "submit" button on the Wii site without filling anything out, then I did it a second time filling in the form followed by signing up at True.

So basically, it seems the best way to contact the LetsPlayWii people is through the form on their website, and they seem to reply very quickly once you do so.

Yeah, I emailed them yesterday. I've yet to get a reply back.

And I noticed True.com charged a dollar on my account, I hope that is only for verification purposes, and that it'll be refunded?

Edit: I signed up on the 12th, and will cancel it tomorrow (15th). I consider that more than enough time for it to process. Hopefully they don't dick me around, and just give me the card.

Signed up on 12/12 and just got the confirmation email from letsplaywii.com that they will be shipping my card in 7 days. Canceled my true account. Quick and painless.

Signed up 12/12 and got the confirmation from Wii points tonight. True.com only gave me a 3 day membership though, so it was pretty close.

Oh, fuck you True.com! :bomb:

Just checked my credit card statement, and I was charged $49.99 for a month of their service. This "transaction" took place on 12/12/06.

I called them and cancelled on 12/06/06!

They're getting a call when they open today, and if they don't straighten it out on the phone, True.com is gonna get a chargeback filed on their fucking asses!

[quote name='Rig']Oh, fuck you True.com! :bomb:

Just checked my credit card statement, and I was charged $49.99 for a month of their service. This "transaction" took place on 12/12/06.

I called them and cancelled on 12/06/06!

They're getting a call when they open today, and if they don't straighten it out on the phone, True.com is gonna get a chargeback filed on their fucking asses![/quote]Nothing here, though I still have to cancel this second offer. I do have a pending $1 charge, but that's probably just for verification.

That sucks, Rig. I hope you got an email confirmation of the cancellation. Good luck for a speedy reversal of charges.

LetsPlayWii.com sent me a confirmation e-mail tonight as well, so I'll be canceling that True.com account in the morning.

I'm tempted to use a different CC# and having a second Wii Points Card shipped to the same address.

Well, I just called True to cancel. It WAS very quick, and they tried to offer the extra month and what not, but I just asked to have it cancel. I kept asking to make sure I wouldn't be billed, and the guy confirmed like three times that I wouldn't.

Oh, and a note to everyone: Make sure you call during the middle of the day. The phone line is not open 24 hours a day, and is closed on Sunday, so make sure you give yourself time to cancel.

And I hope everything works out for you, Rig.

LOL. The guy I had was pretty funny. It took me 4 minutes total to cancel, as he saying I could get another 30 days free. This was after trying to say "n-d-o-l-g-e-r" ten times, but he kept interpretting it, "m-b-u-l", etc. Apparently I can't speak very well. But, then after I sternly said, "nope, I'd like to just cancel now please" three times. He says, "did you get your points yet?". :applause:

Nice.

I am a bit scared over one thing. After clicking on My Account -> Change My Subscription it says, "On 12/20/2006, you cancelled your subscription. Continuing will reactivate your subscription". Just wondering because uhh I cancelled on 12/15/06 and the "free trial" ends on 12/19/06. Is this normal, or did this guy try to bone me?

Edit: I just got a cancellation email, so if they try and pull some $50 shit on me, I've got an email to back me up. Yay.

Mine says I cancelled on 12/18 and that my free trial ends on 1/16/2007

I don't think you have to worry, but if you have any doubts, it wouldn't hurt to call them again.

[quote name='chakan']That sucks, Rig. I hope you got an email confirmation of the cancellation. Good luck for a speedy reversal of charges.[/quote]

I didn't get email confirmation. Though, I wasn't expecting it, as I didn't get email confirmation the other two times I signed up for the 360 cards.

But, I called this morning, and the rep was extremely pleasant. Took her about five minutes to get everything fixed up, but she said she clearly saw in the records when I called and cancelled. Her reason for me being charged was that my rep apparantly didn't know how to go through the entire process correctly, and my account wasn't cancelled.

So, they quickly issued me a refund. Still watching my online statement close until the refund gets there, but now I'm in a better mood this morning!

Just e-mailed LetsPlayWii about why I haven't received a conformation email yet, with it being nine days and all since signing up.

Canceled the account on Wednesday, but my True account says nothing about it, nor did I get an e-mail from True saying so. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if I'm fucked out of the points or not.

[quote name='vashknives114']Just e-mailed LetsPlayWii about why I haven't received a conformation email yet, with it being nine days and all since signing up.

Canceled the account on Wednesday, but my True account says nothing about it, nor did I get an e-mail from True saying so. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if I'm fucked out of the points or not.[/quote]
Yeah, you should of definitely received an e-mail by now.

On the LetsPlayWii.com site, it says that sometimes they won't get e-mailed about your sign-up or some other nonsense. It said to keep your confirmation email from True.com, and then they'll try to verify if you signed up or not.

Anyway, I canceled a minute ago... it took like 2 minutes to cancel, and I expect my Wii Points Card to be shipping very soon.

Thanks OP!

I canceled my account today, the 15th and it says I canceled on the 17th, the day after my free period ends, I was wondering will I be charged? If so, I am fighting them till the end on this one.

[quote name='Scrubsy']I canceled my account today, the 15th and it says I canceled on the 17th, the day after my free period ends, I was wondering will I be charged? If so, I am fighting them till the end on this one.[/quote]
Sounds like the system puts the day of cancellation on the day the trial ends, which is technically the day after the last of a full week.

I haven't gotten my confirmation email yet but I've got all the way up until the 21st to cancel.

As for anyone who has gotten their card but doesn't have a Wii, want to sell it?

Got my email saying it's going to be shipped. Cancelled today and it says the period ends the day after the last on the free trial. My cell even dropped the call right after I told them why I wanted to cancel and she cancelled it anyway.

Best customer service I've ever dealt with. MS' XBox staff isn't too far behind but they're far more detail oriented and constantly want to confirm things.

i tried it out. used an old mall gift Visa debit card that had like $3 on it. i got a confirmation email that they would send me my card so ill wait and see. the dating service was really contempt on keeping me as a member though. the woman kept propposing different ways for me to stay a member. i finally got her to cancel it though. my fingers are crossed.

I cancelled my account today -- "freewiiforme"

The guy was all like "You didn't even fill anything out! You didn't do the Compatibility Test!"

Yeah... well, nah.

I haven't received my card yet, hopefully I get it soon since I scored a Wii yesterday! :D

I signed up to True.com with the name "WiiSpam."

Can someone post a photo of what a Wii point card looks like?
I'm guessing white with blue writing.

[quote name='thwjustin']Can someone post a photo of what a Wii point card looks like?
I'm guessing white with blue writing.[/quote]

790008b.jpg

True finally got my money back to me.

Guess there was a bit of hassle, but all (eventually) went well.

Hope that second card gets here soon.

Good news, Rig.

Still waiting for the card in the mail

*EDIT

Thanks for the timeline, Hurley. I should see mine any day!

I got my wii card in the mail yesterday, bought mario 64 with it, and still have the extra 1000 points left over

i believe i first signed up for the even on december 4th, so takes about 2 weeks for the whole process

bread's done
Back