Free 2000 Wii Points Card

I havent cancelled my trial, but my WiiPoints card just shipped today

Hello Marc,

Your Wii Points Card has been shipped Today, you can
expect to recieve it in the mail in just a few days.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Cheers,
~The LetsPlayWii.com Staff

Im cancelling it right now hehe..

I canceled about 5 hours ago over the phone, and the only emails I've gotten are match type ones, but none that confirm I canceled and won't get charged. Is that normal?

Fair warning to everyone: you might get the love doctor when you call to cancel. I should mention that the first thing this guy said when he picked up was "You know, the past two guys just hung up when I picked up the phone, whats up with that?" This should have been a sign that I too should have hung up.

After confirming that my Wii points card will be shipping soon, I called and sat on the line for about 2 minutes before the love doctor picked up and wanted to know where I live, and how it is where I live. (Warning, heavy paraphrasing ahead, this actually went alot longer) I say it's pretty cold right now, not a fun day, and the good doctor told me that maybe I should take a trip down to Miami, where the ladies are nice and the weather is right. I say "sounds great, but about my account... I dont think this stuff is for me, so I'd like to cancel." "You see man, why would you go on and do a thing like that? Here's what you should do... keep on with it, and you don't have to do this as a dating thing. Sometimes you just need to take it as a step-by-step thing and maybe start out making friends. You don't have to take it to that level right away, just make friends and see how it goes from there. Go to bars, if you're into that sort of thing, meet some friends, and say "Hey, let's just have some fun". You know, you just gotta give it the ol' college try, and I remember back in the day, I tried alot when I was in college. Go to bars every night, man, it was fun. So how about it? I'll send you a confirmation e-mail right now, extending your trial to January 8, and you know man, give it a shot. Post your picture up, cause that makes things happen. Go into the chats, those ladies know what they're doing, know what they want. And just have fun, man. So what do you say?"

I should have just said that I signed up just for the Wii card.

[quote name='Dezuria']I canceled about 5 hours ago over the phone, and the only emails I've gotten are match type ones, but none that confirm I canceled and won't get charged. Is that normal?[/QUOTE]

Go to the Contact page at the Wii site. I had to do it too... they'll contact true.com and make sure you signed up.

Just got a e-mail confirming my card shipped... I hope to get it next week, as I need me some Alien Crush/Super Mario 64 action....

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']What'd you say over the phone to get rid of them so fast?[/QUOTE]

Nothing actually. They guy started on his "we'll extend you for 30 days for free" stuff and I just told him No and I wanted to cancel today.

Has anyone gotten an email from true.com that confirms they're account is closed? I haven't, and I wanna be sure that it's really canceled.

[quote name='Dezuria']Has anyone gotten an email from true.com that confirms they're account is closed? I haven't, and I wanna be sure that it's really canceled.[/quote]

They didn't send me an email the last two times I signed up. (The 360 points thread.) I don't think they send out a cancellation email. Just sign in to True, look for a 'My Account' button in the bottom left of the screen, and look around for your membership. It should say it runs until the last day of the free trial, after which it should be cancelled.

If you signed up already (and cancelled) for the 360 points deal, can you do it for the Wii points deal?

I'd really like to know.

[quote name='Ub3rChief']If you signed up already (and cancelled) for the 360 points deal, can you do it for the Wii points deal?

I'd really like to know.[/quote]

I got my 360 points just fine, and they have sent my Wii points out. (I used the same credit card on both.)

So yes, you can do both.

[quote name='Rig']I got my 360 points just fine, and they have sent my Wii points out. (I used the same credit card on both.)

So yes, you can do both.[/quote]

Sweet, thanks. I'll sign up tomorrow or so.

[quote name='Shmitty']stab in the dark, but the first post is generally a good place to start.[/quote]
Oh, Shmitty, that would be just too obvious... don't you think?

Typically with things like this, I tend not to believe a fucking thing they post on their websites. You know, people like to scam on these here Internets.

I got the card shipped e-mail today right when i canceled my true account. It was fairly painless, I was straight up and just said I signed up to get free stuff and the guy paused and canceled it immediately.

Got my confirimation. The guy I called to cancel with was a crafty bastard. He said, "I see your account qualifies for the holiday special, which extends your trial 30 days. You'll receive an email about it. Was there anything else I can do for you today?"
Yes! Cancel my account... he cancelled it the second time I asked, asking my why. I told him there was no people around me locally. He asked where I lived. I said a city east of Phoenix that's half an hour away. He said he only asked because he knows that True.com has 5000 Phoenix members.
Whatever, he cancelled for me though. Awesome. Free Wii points.
EDIT: I checked my account and it says I cancelled the day after my free trial ends. Should I be concerned? Also... 49.99 for one month of service?!

Nice, I signed up for this a bit earlier and also had a friend and my sister do so for me as well. 6000 Wii points for free is a pretty sweet deal! Thanks a ton!

[quote name='enixidfrag']hey someone wanna tell me if they actualy closed my account or not im gonna be pissed if they charge me

http://www.true.com/profile/view_profile.htm?uid=12788328[/QUOTE]
Go to My Profile, then My Tools on the left sidebar, then My Account. Then go to "Change Subscription" and it'll say something along the lines of you cancelling.
Also check your email inbox/spam box. They sent me an email stating I cancelled.

[quote name='FlipSide']Got my Wii Points card in the mail today. Came in a white envelop, they just mailed the card and discarded the packaging.[/quote]

Spiffy; now I'll jump on it. I was very cautious even though people have gotten their marketplace points, but now someone actually got a card, I'm in.

My card came today. I already used all the points up too! :lol:

I'm going to be using another credit card, as I did with the 360 cards.

ok i still havent recieved my e-mail that they sent it yet :(

last e-mail i reciecved was on 12/06/06

[quote name='[email protected]']
Hello (INSERT YOU NAME HERE),

Thanks for participating in the LetsPlayWii.com Wii Points Card promotion.
We have recieved confirmation that you have signed up for true.com and your
product will be shipped within 5 business days. You will also receive another
email from us when the shipping takes place.

The address we will ship to is:
(INSERT YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS HERE)

If you need to make any corrections to this address or have any questions,
please reply to this email.

Thanks,
The LetsPlayWii.com Staff[/quote]

i signed up on 12/04/06 anynonne else with these types of numbers not get there shipping confirmation e-mail yet? just wondering if i should e-mail them you know

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']AGAIN

Did anyone use the same card as they had used for the 360 deal?[/quote]
Yes, you can use the same credit card that you used when signing up for the 360 deal.

Got the e-mail and cancelled soon after. Surprised the guy didn't say anything when I told him my screenname was FreeWiiPoints. ;) So to do this deal again, I just need a different credit card number?

I cancelled pretty easily (took about 5 minutes overall), but I got one of those guys who saw that I didn't use anything and tried to force a full free month on me. No thanks.

LOL I just found my old girlfriend on True.com, and it seems like she's actually using it to try to find people. Damn glad I broke up with her.

[quote name='BIG5']What are you guys using the points for? I'm going to get F-Zero and then probably wait for Kid Icarus and Punchout.[/QUOTE]

Got Gunstar Heroes today, im thinking of getting Star Soldier and Bomberman with the 1200 left over.

[quote name='Rig']My card came today. I already used all the points up too! :lol:

I'm going to be using another credit card, as I did with the 360 cards.[/QUOTE]
Really? This intrigues me. I still have my debit card I can use. They don't notice/care you double dip?
I'd also love to get my relatives involved and build up a stash of about 20,000 points, which is a wonderful pipe dream that won't come to fruition.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Really? This intrigues me. I still have my debit card I can use. They don't notice/care you double dip?
I'd also love to get my relatives involved and build up a stash of about 20,000 points, which is a wonderful pipe dream that won't come to fruition.[/quote]

With Xbox360Achiever, my first card came very quickly. Then, they began to get backed up, and my second card was taking a while to show. So I emailed them asking the status of it. They said they saw I was getting a second one, and that they didn't mind, as long as True didn't. And since both went through, apparantly True doesn't care either.

Oh, I should mention I had both cards sent to my house, but the second credit card was my mom's. Good luck!

In for one. I really hate these "trials" and cancelling over the phone, but for $20 bucks, yes please!

So now I've got WiiPoints, two games, two SD mem cards....and no Wii. :lol:

Sill have yet to receive the "Thanks for participating" e-mail, and signed up last Thursday night/Friday morning. :/

Guess I'll cancel either tonight or tomorrow. Was looking forward to picking up Rinstar and Bonk from the VC Channel.

bread's done
Back