Free Best Buy $10 RZ Holiday Certificate YMMV

Just called, lady csr looked at my account and didn't see anything about the holiday $10 (500 points) applied yet so she went on ahead and credited my account and told me it'll take up to 24 hours to show up on my account. Thanks!

finally called since ONLY certain people will get them but since i just blew 400 bucks on my best buy credit card they would give me 10 bucks

I called and they added the 500 points to my account, and under purchase history I can see the 500 points there, but I can't redeem the $10 certificate. Any help on this?

thanks!

[quote name='kylerg']What are people saying to the reps? "Can I have one?"[/QUOTE]

this what happened on the phone today

me: i heard other people are getting this 10 buck gift cert and was wondering if it was just for certain people or does everyone get one, cause i never got one..

best buy: the gift cert only went out to certain people but because you just spent 400 bucks on your best buy credit card i will add the 500 pts on your account

me: thank you . bye

thats how my phone call went

I had points pending, and actually got a $10 reward certificate on Saturday for hitting the 500pt mark. Since I'm picking up Saints Row 3 tomorrow as part of the Pre-Order 5 Get $100 GiftCard deal, I was disappointed I didn't also get the $10 Happy Holiday promotion.

I just called and told them 2 of my friend received the $10 happy holidays giftcard promotion, and I did not. I told the woman I was curious why I didn't, and/or what I had to do to become eligible so I could get the reward too. She was very nice and looked up my information, she asked me what the name of the promotion was and I said "it just said Happy Holidays and gave them 500pts", she then looked it up and found it. She said she was unsure at first since there are a lot of promotions going on, and then she said my Best Buy Reward account has to be linked to my BestBuy.com account, which she then double checked and saw I already was. She told me within 24hours I should receive the credit. I did have to hold for a couple minutes a couple of times, but not a bad experience at all.

My 2 $10 giftcards, stacked with the 10% off coupon...looks like I'm gonna get $26 off Saints Row 3 ;)

btw, I wonder what would happen if you registered a bunch of dummy accounts with Best Buy, so every year you could get the $10 reward across 10 accounts and stack them.

[quote name='nintendokingdom']btw, I wonder what would happen if you registered a bunch of dummy accounts with Best Buy, so every year you could get the $10 reward across 10 accounts and stack them.[/QUOTE]

They would stop running promotions like this since people who would do something like that are stealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nintendokingdom']
btw, I wonder what would happen if you registered a bunch of dummy accounts with Best Buy, so every year you could get the $10 reward across 10 accounts and stack them.[/QUOTE]

I had no problem calling and getting the certificate as I didn't lie about anything and they freely offered to give me it after talking to them. But to do this is obviously wrong and would jeopardize them doing said promotions in the future.

In other words there is nothing stopping you from doing this, but I sure wouldn't.

[quote name='Chuckles21']I had no problem calling and getting the certificate as I didn't lie about anything and they freely offered to give me it after talking to them. But to do this is obviously wrong and would jeopardize them doing said promotions in the future.

In other words there is nothing stopping you from doing this, but I sure wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna do it, I'm just wondering what/if someone does it. I think you might even have to sign up in the store for Reward Zone, which really makes it difficult to have multiple accounts.

[quote name='nintendokingdom']I'm not gonna do it, I'm just wondering what/if someone does it. I think you might even have to sign up in the store for Reward Zone, which really makes it difficult to have multiple accounts.[/QUOTE]
Bring along a friend, sibling, parent, or another sibling who never goes to BB and have them sign up. Just use their account. Wouldn't be wrong then. :lol:

I can confirm that emailing BBY works when trying to get the points added to your account. I sent an email about the promotion about 5 days ago, and I received an email today that stated the points would be added to my account within 24 hours.

Just called, told them I had a few friends who received it, and asked what I had to do to become eligible so I could get the points next year. They asked if I make purchases using my rewards account, and if I had linked my account to bestbuy.com, and I said yes. *wait for it...wait for it...*

"I will go ahead and provide you with the $10 certificate. It will post in 24-48 hours"

What a nice rep :)

Just called saying I heard about $10 holiday bonuses going out, and asked how to get one. I was asked for my name and address and told I should get it in the next 24 hours.
No joke, less than a minute from hanging up I got an email saying my certificate is ready. Nice!

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Just called saying I heard about $10 holiday bonuses going out, and asked how to get one. I was asked for my name and address and told I should get it in the next 24 hours.
No joke, less than a minute from hanging up I got an email saying my certificate is ready. Nice![/QUOTE]

I wish I was that lucky.

I had called the other day, but the rep had only given me a $5 certificate and something like 223 rz points so I called back last night to see if maybe he had done something wrong. Sure enough, the new rep I talked to issued me a $10 certificate so overall I got $15 but he noticed I buy alot of gaming items. w00t

I definitely felt like a bitch after calling twice. I couldn't understand the CS rep for the life of me but I just pretended he was issuing me a certificate so I just kept saying thank you until he asked for my email. Thanks a lot, OP!

I got shot down fast. I mentioned the 10$ holiday promotion and was instantly told before that if I didn't receive one, the marketing team didn't choose me. And that there was no way to receive one.

No go for me. Last year I got a $10 certificate which was used for Lost Planet 2 and ended up being free (it was on sale for $10). Never played the game and traded it to amazon for $8.50.

I just called, and at first the rep said it was a random selection and that I wasn't picked. So I told him that two of my friends received them at random and another friend had called earlier asking for one and they had credited his account. After hearing this story about my non-existent friends, the rep paused for a moment then said "Okay sir, I've credited your account with the $10".

Thanks CAG, and good luck getting one yourself. I'm off to tell some of my real friends about this.

I just tried and nothing. She said some crap that it was done by a third party and they have nothing to do with who is chosen. I said there is no way I can get this holiday $10, she said nope.

[quote name='Zachbeast']I can confirm that emailing BBY works when trying to get the points added to your account. I sent an email about the promotion about 5 days ago, and I received an email today that stated the points would be added to my account within 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this! I emailed them yesterday, and I received a $10 certificate this morning. Quick turnaround.

Anyone not having luck from calling them might want to try email.

received an email today saying thanks for emailing us...all of the holiday certificates have been issued but we see you are a loyal and frequent shopper so we are giving you 500 bonus points equal to a $10 certificate. :)

I never get anything..Last year i wasted at least around $700 with bestbuy and i didn't receive anything..and people that didn't waste anything got a reward..So decided i wasn't going to buy anything from BB this year and still didn't receive anything..LoL wow BB sucks...

Well last year both my brother and I received one. He got one for 20, and I got one for 10. We both did not use our accounts much that year. This year we shopped there even less and did not get one. So yesterday we both emailed them with the link above asking the same question, "Hello, I was wondering about a special rewards zone certificate that people were receiving as part of a holiday promotion and what I would need to do to qualify for one."

So this morning his account was credited immediately with a 10 certificate and this response. "Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your Reward Zone account. I will be more than happy to assist you. Holiday certificates are sent out randomly by Best Buy Corporate. Not everyone received one. However, as a one time courtesy I will issue you a $10.00 certificate which will be available for your use immediately. I hope this helps with your issue. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but appreciate your patience. I hope you have a wonderful day. "

Now later on in the day they agreed to credit my account also but with a different response, "We appreciate your interest in the Reward Zone Holiday Certificate promotion, the number of Reward Zone members that received the Holiday Certificate was limited and all certificates have been issued. Has a token of our apreciation since you are a frequent shopper and in order for you to continue taking advantage of our program benefits, I am honoring you with 500 points that equals to a $10.00 certificate which will be available online in 48 hours. "

So just by asking you might get it too. It does not hurt to ask, but it sucks that everybody did not get one including people who shop more often than us. Thanks to whoever provided the link.;)

Just sent them an e-mail.

I really should have done this earlier, because I've spent about $20 on their website in Black Friday deals. Could have gotten an even better deal, damnit!

[quote name='bfett9']30 mins on the phone a little whining and I got myself a $25 Cert Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Are you serious? I sent an E-mail saying exactly what that guy with the brother said..and i haven't even received an Email yet ...BB is disappointing me right now:cry:

meh, I called last week and got nothing. Tried the email, not holding my breath. I never qualify for these or the Microsoft email points. Doesn't matter how much or how little I spend, makes no sense to me. Random stuff like this is just so...well random. Give me a set bar to hit or something...

I used the email link toldawg128 posted and got a reply back this morning saying they are giving me a $10 certificate for the holiday promotion. Thanks!

[quote name='LoganDX']meh, I called last week and got nothing. Tried the email, not holding my breath. I never qualify for these or the Microsoft email points. Doesn't matter how much or how little I spend, makes no sense to me. Random stuff like this is just so...well random. Give me a set bar to hit or something...[/QUOTE]

I know right me neither.. I don't understand it..Then i E-mail them and they say that they have passed them all out and there not giving any away..That's all they said =(

If you tell them this is your second time calling and you know that others have been getting it they should atleast give you the $10. you will most likely be put on hold for a while but if your willing to wait through it should work. I just watched tv shows on hulu while i waited.

emailed last night after reading this thread got an extra $10 along with the $30 I have stacking that will go towards buying a vita now all I have to do is get my $100 certificate first of next month and I'll be set

bread's done
Back