Free Blue Lightning McQueen Die Cast Car with Cars on Blu-ray ($3.50 S+H)

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
I don't know if this is news or not, and it's not really that huge a deal, but it might be nice to know if you have it or are thinking about buying Cars for blu-ray. If you register at disneymovierewards.com and enter the code that comes with the movie, you get an offer for a free collectible blue lightning mcqueen die cast car. However, the downside is you do have to pay $3.50 shipping.

cars_banner.gif

Hi I'm new here....first post Yay! :bouncy::wave:

Anyways yeah I saw that on the outside of the BD Cars in-stores. It might not be a big deal but there's some crazy Cars diecast collectors that have to have them all. I'm kind of a huge diecast Cars fan. Trust me 3.50 for it its an awesome deal.

I would suggest to get it and sell it on ebay and see how much do you get. I should be receiving mine sometime next week (BD Cars). Can't wait to get that!

I got an e-mail today from Disney saying that all the McQueen diecast cars are out. They are offering me either a Blu-Ray or DVD (my choice) free movie from the following list + $3.50 for shipping:

• Eight Below

• Chicken Little

• Bridge to Terabithia

• Sky High

• Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

• Remember the Titans

• The Wild

• Dinosaur

• Glory Road

• The Haunted Mansion

• Meet the Robinsons

• Underdog

• Invincible

I placed my order for the car a few days before the end of the promotion but have not received a car or this e-mail. Does anyone have the phone number to call and check on my order?

I also got this e-mail and was pretty annoyed, thinking they'd only be offered on DVD, but then at the bottom it said you can indicate your preference for Blu-ray, which is awesome. Much rather have a new movie than a toy car.

For those that didn't already get into the promotion, it ended 01/31, so getting a code now won't get you anywhere.

I got the email, I just can't decide what movie to get

any suggestions? I own BTT and POTC

I'm leaning towards Remember the Titans or perhaps Underdog

Wish I could get Gameplan, lol

[quote name='MrDubbs']I got the email, I just can't decide what movie to get

any suggestions? I own BTT and POTC

I'm leaning towards Remember the Titans or perhaps Underdog

Wish I could get Gameplan, lol[/QUOTE]

I own:
• Chicken Little
• Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
• Meet the Robinsons

and I chose Bridge To Terabithia.

If I were you I would get Chicken Little. I love movies that fill up my entire HDTV screen!!

[quote name='TubeRacer']I also got this e-mail and was pretty annoyed, thinking they'd only be offered on DVD, but then at the bottom it said you can indicate your preference for Blu-ray, which is awesome. Much rather have a new movie than a toy car.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have the toy car...mainly because they fetch a good price on eBay, and Disney somehow sent me like 8 of them.

[quote name='MrDubbs']I thought about Chicken Little, but wasn't sure if it was my type[/quote]

I got it free from the Summer of Blu with my PS3 purchase. I like it. It is worth $3.50. I found it to be funny and entertaining. I don't think you would be disappointed for getting it at that low price. I chose Bridge to Terabithialalalelulilalo. I don't know if I would like The Wild or Dinosaur. Those were the only other movies on the list that I didn't own and had a slight interest in. BtT looks like it should be fun for me.

[quote name='bluetoast']I'd rather have the toy car...mainly because they fetch a good price on eBay, and Disney somehow sent me like 8 of them.[/QUOTE]

I got 10 cars total and after all the shipping, e-bay, and paypal fees I think I made $310.00 profit overall.

So if you got the 8 or 10 cars, are you getting 10 free blu-ray movies?

What sucks is that I entered my Cars blu-ray code about a week before this offer went up... so I'm not getting the car OR the free dvd

Well, I received the email about the car not showing up today, so I'm going through that mess to get the replacement BluRay as "compensation".

It ticks me off a tad that I'm getting shafted on getting one, and other people, CAGs included, are getting far more than one. Glad to hear you're making some decent profit on the extras, though I would have liked to get the one I was looking forward to. :roll:

Check your SPAM box for the DVD replacement because my e-mail doesn't have a subject title (it says "[None]"), but it's from Disney Movie Rewards.

[quote name='dyeknom']Shrike, did it not show up when you put in the code? Or not show up after you ordered it?[/quote]Oh, it was there and I was offered to purchase it. So, I would have assumed that I should have received it.

However, my order # was beyond 15,000, which was the supposed limit of the promotion, from a couple places on the 'Net that talked about the promotion. If they weren't supposed to take orders for more than 15,000, then they shouldn't have offered it to me.

According to the rep I spoke with, they said that the offer "was exhausted after the first few days it was offered". :roll:

I think they had enough to go around if they were sending some people 8 or 10 of them. :roll:

I just wanted one for myself, not to resell.

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh, it was there and I was offered to purchase it. So, I would have assumed that I should have received it.

However, my order # was beyond 15,000, which was the supposed limit of the promotion, from a couple places on the 'Net that talked about the promotion. If they weren't supposed to take orders for more than 15,000, then they shouldn't have offered it to me.

According to the rep I spoke with, they said that the offer "was exhausted after the first few days it was offered". :roll:

I think they had enough to go around if they were sending some people 8 or 10 of them. :roll:

I just wanted one for myself, not to resell.[/quote]

x2... im kinda disappointed i couldnt get one

Same here, I wanted one for me or my son. Although I did apply for the car kinda late. But still, the list for the freebie blu-ray/dvd is pretty weak. Anything I care for I already have.

Same here Shrike. Not too happy with people receiving multiples when I just wanted one.

I wanted one for my younger cousin, who is a Cars fan. She heard about limited Blu Lightning, and I wanted to give it to her as a birthday gift.

NM... seems I only ready the last page and this is old news. Heh. Now to decide which one since I already have most from the B1G1s a few months back.

I replied back to them with my choice of Blu movie... they have not charged me shipping yet and have no confirmation of the order.

I just got the automated response. Did anyone else establish contact with them and ETA on the movie?

Just got the Blu-ray offer email yesterday.

Letting my girlfriend decide on which Blu-Ray to get, since I own most of the ones on the list.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Has anyone been replied to yet after you respond with your movie and the format?[/quote]

No replied yet from them.

It seems that Disney has habit of NOT responding to their customers yet they are happy to blast them with emails of offers and other things.

I've checked my CC and they've not charge it yet either.

I suspect they will again come up with excuses of not be able to fulfill the order.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Has anyone been replied to yet after you respond with your movie and the format?[/quote]I've called them a couple of times, as the credit card I used to place my order for the car was stolen, so I have to talk to a live person to add in my credit card info when the order is ready to be processed.

They said it might take as much as 4-6 weeks to get to that point, so I wouldn't assume you'll see any activity on your credit card until the end of March.

Damn... thanks shrike.

I guess no one has gotten charged yet. This is pretty ridiculous, this whole Blu Lightning debacle.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've called them a couple of times, as the credit card I used to place my order for the car was stolen, so I have to talk to a live person to add in my credit card info when the order is ready to be processed.

They said it might take as much as 4-6 weeks to get to that point, so I wouldn't assume you'll see any activity on your credit card until the end of March.[/quote]

So basically don't empty your account or get close to your limit, other wise you'd be screwed

i missed the deadline to input the code so am i out of luck in getting anything? if i remember correctly when i tried to type it in the other day it said the code was invalid.

Question for people who actually got their die cast cars...how long did it take to arrive after you got the ship confirmation email and credit card charge? disney emailed me over a month ago to say my car was shipping and charged my credit card for s&h, but i still haven't received the car. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks!

Item Qty Unit Price Extended Price
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BD-BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA 1 $.00 $.00
SHIPPING & PROCESSING 1 $3.50 $3.50
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sale Amount: $3.50
Tax: $.00
Total: $3.50

Just got an e-mail confirmation saying that my Blu-ray has been shipped

I requested for Bridge to Terabithia as well, but I didn't receive this email confirmation. You guys just replied to the first email with all the Blu-Ray titles on it right?

Yes. However, they got my shipping address wrong. I didn't want them to send it to my billing address.

Hope they fix that.

hey if u guys still want a Blue Lightning McQueen Die Cast Car, i have 3 left. Ill trade a car for 4 Disney Movie Reward codes that I don't have.

I have these below:

I already have the following:

DVD

101 Dalmations: Platinum Edition
Air Buddies
Aristocats
Bridge to Terabithia
Cars
Cinderella II: Dreams Come True
Cinderella III: A Twist in Time
Hannah Montana: Life's What You Make It
Hannah Montana: One in A Million
Hannah Montana: Pop Star Profile - Volume 2
High School Musical 2
Invincible
Meet The Robinsons
Peter Pan Platinum Edition
Peter Pan In Return to Never Land: Pixie-Powered Edition
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 1
Ratatouille
Robin Hood
Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
Snow Buddies
That's So Suite Life Of Hannah Montana: Mixed Up, Mashed Up Edition
The Fox And The Hound 2
The Game Plan
The Jungle Book 40th Anniversary Platinum Edition
The Little Mermaid Special Edition
The Suite Life of Zack & Cody; Sweet Suite Victory (Volume 2)
Twitches Too
Underdog

Blu-Ray

Bridge to Terabithia: Blu-ray Disc Edition
Cars: Blu-ray Disc Edition
Chicken Little: Blu-ray Disc Edition
Invincible: Blu-ray Disc Edition
Meet The Robinsons: Blu-ray Disc Edition
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End: Blu-ray™ Hi-Def Edition
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Ratatouille: Blu-ray Disc Edition

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']ive sold enough already on ebay =p i had a total of 12[/quote]And we wonder why we didn't get the one wanted. :whistle2:s

[quote name='shrike4242']And we wonder why we didn't get the one wanted. :whistle2:s[/quote]

20,000 monkeys. 15,000 footballs.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Damn it, I still haven't received that email.[/quote]
me either, is there anyone who can post a link to order site?

[quote name='chwang0129']Just got an e-mail confirmation saying that my Blu-ray has been shipped[/quote]

Did you get the movie yet?

bread's done
Back