FREE Bluetooth Headset Deal at Buy.com After GCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaChinPin

CAG Veteran
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=204549812&adid=1765
3&dcaid=17653

All you have to do is sign up for Google Checkout which is ALSO FREE. The headset is $10 but signing up for Google Checkout gives you a $10 discount on anything in the site. I did it a few minutes ago and I'm glad I did. I hope you guys jump on this before the price goes up and they notice they're getting screwed by us :)

EDIT: Oh yeh before people ask where the Google Checkout thing is, I'll put it here. Click add to cart option, then the next page click to checkout. If you have no account there, it'll take you to a page offering you a Buy.com Visa card. Look to the right just under the price listing of the item and you'll see the icon to sign up for Google Checkout.

THIS IS NO SCAM. IT'S DONE BY GOOGLE.

[quote name='joe6555']Ah, what the hell! I'll just go ahead and pay the 0.78.:roll:[/quote]

Sorry it was free for me since I live in Florida...But hey would you rather pay $0.78 or $20 something in a store?

I'm not sure why, but google charged me 2 different transactions, now that I'm checking my online bank account.

It charged me .70 cents, which was the final cost of the Bluetooth in Cali, and then they also charged me $1.00.

Might just be a temp charge, but just warning people.
No big deal to me, I'm just a bit confused.

[quote name='super_ultra']Haha since when does Google = scam free :lol:
Still a good deal though, sent it to my mom since I know she wants one.[/quote]

Hey Google hasn't ever tried to scam anyone. So there's no way they'd back this website up if it was a scam.

[quote name='McNutsack']I'm not sure why, but google charged me 2 different transactions, now that I'm checking my online bank account.

It charged me .70 cents, which was the final cost of the Bluetooth in Cali, and then they also charged me $1.00.

No big deal to me, I'm just a bit confused.[/quote]

Huh...I don't know anything about that...My bank acount still says the same thing before I ordered it.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Do you need a credit card to do this since the total is $0?[/quote]

Yeh a credit/debit/ or gift card works too. For the gift cards you should try a Visa one since I'm sure that would work. Also don't worry because even if you pay tax, it'll only cost you$0.70-$0.80.

[quote name='McNutsack']I'm not sure why, but google charged me 2 different transactions, now that I'm checking my online bank account.

No big deal to me, I'm just a bit confused.[/quote]

Same happened to me. Oh well. Where else are you going to find a bluetooth headset for less than $2?:bouncy:

In for 1. Free is Free after all. Made a new google account just for it though. I cant remember how many of these I have now.

[quote name='NJMane']In for 1. Free is Free after all. Made a new google account just for it though. I cant remember how many of these I have now.[/quote]

Don't you need a new unique CC each time you make one, though?

[quote name='McNutsack']Don't you need a new unique CC each time you make one, though?[/quote]

Yup,either a different CC or a debit card that be used for signature purchases like a CC can (The paypal debit card comes to mind)

yea saw this over at the playstation forums, not bad for people who still dont have a headset for the PS3, not bad at all.

Man this deal should be used by everyone. I mean it'sfree and even if you got a headset, that will fail on you one day sooner or later. Might as well have a back-up :D

I would probably change the topic title to "$10 bluetooth headset" since most of us have stopped seeing GCO as a legit deal (mainly because we've all used it and abused it).

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Yup,either a different CC or a debit card that be used for signature purchases like a CC can (The paypal debit card comes to mind)[/quote]
Do you have to create a brand new account every time or can you just use a "unique" credit card number each time and use the same account?

I think my discover card has a random number generator program.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Yup,either a different CC or a debit card that be used for signature purchases like a CC can (The paypal debit card comes to mind)[/quote]

I've used GCO on my only credit card a few times before and it still worked for this one.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']someone already posted this, and I and a lot of other people ordered one...[/quote]

Oh really? Huh...I guess the 20 something people here didn't have one still then. I'm sorry for trying to help people. Next time I'll remember that people don't appreciate kindness in this place.

[quote name='DaChinPin']Oh really? Huh...I guess the 20 something people here didn't have one still then. I'm sorry for trying to help people. Next time I'll remember that people don't appreciate kindness in this place.[/quote]

heres another forum 101 i'll teach you.
Thread merging.
You see another person repost the same deal after you (altoidjunkie), so the forum moderators merged (took that new thread and all of its post) into the original first deal poster's thread (which was yours).
So that comment was for altoidjunkie not you.

Ps: this is the Internetz, try not to get too offended/offensive so easily. It'll just get you flamed even more.

[quote name='supraazn']heres another forum 101 i'll teach you.
Thread merging.
You see another person repost the same deal after you (altoidjunkie), so the forum moderators merged (took that new thread and all of its post) into the original first deal poster's thread (which was yours).
So that comment was for altoidjunkie not you.

Ps: this is the Internetz, try not to get too offended/offensive so easily. It'll just get you flamed even more.[/quote]

Oh well. I'm not afraid of anyone in the Internet and if I think anyone is trying to be an ass towards me, I'll answer back. But whatever, I don't even see why that kid made a new thread anyways.

in for one.. I read some reviews, seems decent, been using my GF's moto H700 which I like, but I don't even use a headset much anyway..

I assume to charge is the same mini B usb charger like the DS3 etc?

[quote name='ohhyeahkinkos']Um why did I get charged $10.72?[/quote]

Is it showing a charge thru buy.com or google checkout?

When you use the google checkout discount if you check the status of your order via buy.com it's going to show that you paid full price. If you check the same order via google checkout it will show the discounted price.

Also did you make sure and change the shipping when you placed your order. On mine I think the default option was like $10. I changed it to free standard shipping and the price dropped to zero.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']my order has shipped as well.[/quote]

Nice to know...Mine will be here Frday-Sunday this/next week :D

got it in.. looks pretty phat.. I'll hook it up and see how good it is =)

sweet came w/ a wall charger.. but I would've preferred if the BT headset itself was just a mini USB jack...

i got mine. It works nothing to complain here.
First BT headset i have ever tried so i can't really compare it.
Charges fine, connects to my RAZR fine.
Sound quality is a little low and distorted but passable.
The person on the other end can hear me very well so the transmitter part works great.
Ear clip is a little irritating on the ear.
Overall not too bad, but im glad i only paid 72 cents for it.

Just got mine in today. The sound quality is alot better than I expected. It also seems to transmit voice commands very accurately and people can understand me clearly. It doesn't feel as comfortable as it should, but for something that's free, I have no complaints XD

Got mine yesterday, works fine. Actually I don't know but I actually hear better with it than without it...I don't know maybe it was quieter but sometimes I hear a lot of the background noise from other phones.

With this it doesn't really seem that way. The only thing that I do feel it uncomfortable...but it was free after all.

Just got mine, works great with my motorola slvr.:applause: I'll try it with my PS3 once I get it back from repair.:cry:

This only connected to one out of our 3 cells.
I had it on, my mom could hardly hear me (i was one room away lol)
And when she talked it was nothing but pure static.
Not even worth it for me to give it to her, like I planned; I'd just feel embarrassed.

A POS to some, acceptable to others. I think some of us just get...unlucky ones?

Got mine today and its charging as we speak. Will be ready for tomorrows opening of the MGO Beta. I did however get charged $1 by Google. No complaints though. $1 for a pritty nice Bluetooth Headset is great.

EDIT: Just checked my account again and the dollar was taken off. So it was now officially Free. :)

[quote name='joe6555']:bs::^o[/quote]

Photo4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back