FREE CAG "PLAY CHEAP" Rubber Bracelets - Send your SASEs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Caliburn']It could've been torn somewhere along the automated mail sorter and then just automatically placed for delivery? There could be a bracelet on the floor of some post office along your postal route, not that it'd do you any good...[/quote]
QFT
Turns out the SASEs wind up being too thick and lumpy to go throught the PO machines without risk of damage. That's why I've been putting on extra postage to pay for hand cancelling but I'm thinkiing Milky's wound up in a machine anyway. :cry:

[quote name='CheapyMom']QFT
Turns out the SASE's wind up being too thick and lumpy to go throught the PO machines without risk of damage. That's way I've been putting on extra postage to pay for hand cancelling but I'm thinkiing Milky's wound up in a machine anyway. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, this reminds me of a time I tried sending an ipod skin but it was returned to me because it was too thick. I ended up flattening it and rubber banding it before I resent it.

Im not sure how these are being sent, but you could probably also flatten them and tape it together or band it somehow. I hope you're not paying too much for that extra postage.

[quote name='CheapyMom']QFT
Turns out the SASE's wind up being too thick and lumpy to go throught the PO machines without risk of damage. That's way I've been putting on extra postage to pay for hand cancelling but I'm thinkiing Milky's wound up in a machine anyway. :cry:[/quote]

Wow, that sucks.

Do you have a PayPal you could setup so we can pay the extra postage back?

[quote name='MORT A POTTY']I wonder what the weirdest place you've gotten envelopes from is, cheapymom?[/quote]

I would guess from me..Finland :applause:

[quote name='MORT A POTTY']I wonder what the weirdest place you've gotten envelopes from is, cheapymom?[/quote]
I'd have to say Australia- that was unexpected and the farthest I've sent a bracelet so far. Several went to the UK, one to Finland and a bunch to Canada.

And although closer to home, it's fun to see all the envelopes arrive from so many states and from big cities and what I guess are little towns. I had no idea CAGs were so well dispersed across the country and I think that's just great.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You're here too Mort, I see. ;)[/QUOTE]
well sure, have been for several years, well before I registered even.

AUS and Finland... nice. :cool:

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!...

[quote name='LiK']CheapyMom, didn't i warn ya about an avalanche of envelopes? hehe. i hope mine comes soon. i wrote a little note on the envelope to you. i hope you read it.[/quote]

You were too right about the avalanche. I was thinking a gentle but steady stream not hundreds all in a few days. I should have realized that was the more likely scenario.

As far as your note, rest assured I absolutely read and enjoy all the notes- whether on the backs of envelopes, stickies, whatever. They were a fun surprise. Initially I was scribbling brief replies back- most times right on the very note I received. Now I've stopped responding- it was just slowing down the process too much. But I still get a big kick out of each one and I show them all to CheapyDad. I keep thinking of Forest Gump- Opening a CAG's envelope is like opening a box of chocolate.

[quote name='CheapyMom']I'd have to say Australia- that was unexpected and the farthest I've sent a bracelet so far. Several went to the UK, one to Finland and a bunch to Canada.

[/quote]

Yes i get the brag rights being only 1 from finland :lol:
CAG`s are now all over the world! International!! :applause::applause:

Got mine yesterday! It rocks.

I put .41 cents postage, but CM put another .17 cents not sure why.

Thanks I love it!

[quote name='decon']Got mine yesterday! It rocks.

I put .41 cents postage, but CM put another .17 cents not sure why.
Thanks I love it![/quote]

We have been adding the additional postage to pay for hand cancelling because there were problems with envelopes tearing when placed in the PO sorting/cancelling machines. Glad your band arrived safely.

[quote name='CheapyMom']We have been adding the additional postage to pay for hand cancelling because there were problems with envelopes tearing when placed in the PO sorting/cancelling machines. Glad your band arrived safely.[/quote]Oh. Sorry, I sent in the short envelopes, it was all I had on hand. Hopefully, that's not a reason for the tearing. Should've waited 'till I picked up the regular sized ones.

Got mine today! Envelope looked like it had been through a war but the bracelet was fine. Thanks Cheapy and CheapyMom!

Got mine today. I'd sent it the day the podcast came out. Looks cool, and I'll be sporting it tonight in the Halo3 line! Don't worry Cheapy, I'll plug the site!

Thanks Cheapy and Cheapymom!

Thanks cheapy and cheapysmom for the bracelet and throwing in the extra 17cents postage to send it to me. i realized after i sealed my sase that it would probably require a little extra. something about it not fitting in the usps sorting machines. fyi, they usually still deliver those envelopes to the addressee along with a little note/bill requesting the extra postage in coins.

[quote name='ALLoGISTIC1']Thanks cheapy and cheapysmom for the bracelet and throwing in the extra 17cents postage to send it to me. i realized after i sealed my sase that it would probably require a little extra. something about it not fitting in the usps sorting machines. fyi, they usually still deliver those envelopes to the addressee along with a little note/bill requesting the extra postage in coins.[/quote]
Problem was the machines tore open some envelopes which were then delivered empty.

Thanks to the Cheapys for this giveaway, there must be some way to reimburse you for the additional postage that was added to the envelopes.

also isn't anyone going to do an unsealing video?

[quote name='youruglyclone']Thanks to the Cheapys for this giveaway, there must be some way to reimburse you for the additional postage that was added to the envelopes.

also isn't anyone going to do an unsealing video?[/quote]
great idea! ill do one if i remember

[quote name='jeremywoods']i sent my SASE first day...

how long should i wait for it to come back? o__o[/quote]

ignore my last message. just got home and it was there!

thanks cheapyd and cheapymom for putting that extra 17cents

>__

You are all very welcome but I have to say CheapyDad deserves some love too!. He's been really helping out a lot and thanks to the extra pair of hands we are pretty much caught up now.

Thank you CheapyD, CheapyMom, and CheapyDad, I got the wrist band today and it is just as awesome as I expected it to be.

I really appreciate the added postage and how quickly I received it in the mail.

You all rock thanks!

I got it in the mail today. Wow! they are great quality, you did a great job! Thanks Cheapy's Mom and CheapyD for paying for it and supporting the community. You really go way beyond what a normal admin would do!

recieved my bracelet today, thanks cheapy!

also, it appears i forgot an extra stamp.

i will paypal you the extra 17 cents if you send me a PM :)

Yeah! i got mine.
i was gonna do video but i cant make my recording program work!
so heres pictures:[sorry for bad quatility]

Big thanks to CheapyMom and CheapyD.
Thanks!!

I forgot all about this, does it look like there will still be some left for those that send out our SASE's this week still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back