Free Carcassonne for Xbox Live's 5th Birthday (Nov. 15-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FxhoundADAM']Hey everyone don't forget about the free themes for "5ive". Some are pretty cool as well as a few old school xbox titles have themese now.

You can see them here:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/liveis5ive/li5freestuff.htmhttp://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/...5freestuff.htm

It's funny they actually put up previews of the free themes 2 days before you could get them but most paid themes never get a preview on xbox.com.[/QUOTE]
I was hoping for a bit more from the GR2 theme. That was my favorite XBL title for so long. I really need to go pick it up again.

In other news: Hexic 2 is actually pretty tight. I was totally addicted to Hexic HD for so long, I'm glad they changed things around and made the game more interesting instead of just going for the marginal update.

Hexic 2 is definitely a lot more fun than I thought it would be, and the menu music rocks with a good soundsystem and sub lol.

So...how come when I'm signing into XBL.. it's saying the Marketplace is currently unavailable. Am I the only one who is experiencing this?????

[quote name='mykevermin']Where the hell are my 500 points? I've been on XBL since before day one and haven't changed my gamertag. I bet they pull some sneaky shit.[/quote]
Yea, I haven't gotten anything yet either. But I'll give them another day or 2 before I start worrying.

PS. I was a beta tester, never changed gamertag either, never cancelled subscription, so I should get this.

[quote name='gameboykid14']How do I save Hexic 2 to my profile, so that it shows up like I bought it on my US profile?[/quote]

I had both my accounts signed up. I had both controllers on, I signed out from my regular acct. Recovered my Korean acct from controller two, once it was fully recovered, I signed on with my regular account on controller one, downloaded Hexic 2 with my Korean account, logged off Korean account, It was there for use with my regular account.

Not sure if it matters what controller you're signed on to, but that's what I did.

8brozmu.jpg

HUH???

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I had both my accounts signed up. I had both controllers on, I signed out from my regular acct. Recovered my Korean acct from controller two, once it was fully recovered, I signed on with my regular account on controller one, downloaded Hexic 2 with my Korean account, logged off Korean account, It was there for use with my regular account.

Not sure if it matters what controller you're signed on to, but that's what I did.[/QUOTE]
You don't need to do that.

Just sign in with your Korean account, download what you want, then sign out.

Hexic 2 will be unlocked for all accounts on the console your downloaded it on, regardless of their region.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']My response to that?

Yaris.[/QUOTE]
Premium games being given away for free are always good.

Also: Aegis Wing.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']WTF?! I would have registered...Damn![/QUOTE]
It's open again now, I registered.

Don't know what happened. Also I don't understand why the fuck you can't just register on your console :whistle2:|

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Any CAGs up for some Carcassonne tonight?

Leave/PM me your gamertag.[/QUOTE]
Count me in.

[quote name='PyroGamer']It's open again now, I registered.

Don't know what happened. Also I don't understand why the fuck you can't just register on your console :whistle2:|

Count me in.[/quote]

What's the link for the contest? I can't find it.

[quote name='gamcreator']How do you create a Korean account? On xbox.com or the actual console?[/QUOTE]
"Sign Up for Xbox Live" button on the dashboard is used for making accounts.

[quote name='RudyPants']Use Google.[/quote]

Is this supposed to be a joke post because it does not help at all and neither does google.

How do I make a Korean account? I don't know where to start.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks.

Weird: It told me its closed but then I got confirmation that I'm entered.[/quote]

Yea I got the same thing when I hit ok it said thanks for registering. I wonder if I'm registered. Oh well game on anyways.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea I got the same thing when I hit ok it said thanks for registering. I wonder if I'm registered. Oh well game on anyways.[/quote]

Yea, I got the closed, said WTF and reloaded. It asked me to confirm some things about my account and I hit submit and was registered.

Just created the Korean account. Gonna try that out when I get home!

Carcassonne is a great game. Played it this morning before work and im hooked. I just got Hexic 2 as well. Thanks for the info everyone.

[quote name='PyroGamer']You don't need to do that.

Just sign in with your Korean account, download what you want, then sign out.

Hexic 2 will be unlocked for all accounts on the console your downloaded it on, regardless of their region.
[/quote]

I thought all the XBL games were tied to the console and the profile?

Weird: It told me its closed but then I got confirmation that I'm entered.[/QUOTE]

Same here , Thanks Pyro .

Can someone who downloaded Hexic 2 with a Korean account try to play it with their US account? I just tried and it immediately kicks me back out to the dashboard. It prompted me for an update before it did that though!

Weird: It told me its closed but then I got confirmation that I'm entered.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it doesn't mean anything but I accidently did the same thing when I wasn't logged on to xbox.com at all and it still said I was entered. wtf?

Just a heads up

I just got my email for the 500 points.

You have to register, and then it says they'll send you a code before December 21st. Lame, I want my points now.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I thought all the XBL games were tied to the console and the profile?[/quote]
It's a combination of both the console + profile, once you change consoles (if your 360 breaks) you'll have to log into the profile that "bought" the game to be able to play it.

But until then you can delete the profile you created and play it on your main profile.

[quote name='gamcreator']Can someone who downloaded Hexic 2 with a Korean account try to play it with their US account? I just tried and it immediately kicks me back out to the dashboard. It prompted me for an update before it did that though![/quote]

I got kicked back to the dash, but then I started it up again and it worked fine. Hexic HD is a better game though. Also, colors are too watered down in Hexic 2.

Ok, here's a question. My brother will be getting a 360 for Christmas, but doesn't have it now. I already own Carcossonne on my 360. If my brother sets up his Live account on my 360 now (creates a new Silver account), will he be able to download the game again, even though it's on my hard drive already? I mean, I doubt he'd physically download it, but just so it was credited to his Live account, so that when he gets his own 360, he'll be able to download the game free because he already owns it.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']Ok, here's a question. My brother will be getting a 360 for Christmas, but doesn't have it now. I already own Carcossonne on my 360. If my brother sets up his Live account on my 360 now (creates a new Silver account), will he be able to download the game again, even though it's on my hard drive already? I mean, I doubt he'd physically download it, but just so it was credited to his Live account, so that when he gets his own 360, he'll be able to download the game free because he already owns it.[/quote]Yes that should work. Xbox maintains records of everything your profile downloads so if he already downloaded it he should be able to get it on his new xbox again at no cost.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']Ok, here's a question. My brother will be getting a 360 for Christmas, but doesn't have it now. I already own Carcossonne on my 360. If my brother sets up his Live account on my 360 now (creates a new Silver account), will he be able to download the game again, even though it's on my hard drive already? I mean, I doubt he'd physically download it, but just so it was credited to his Live account, so that when he gets his own 360, he'll be able to download the game free because he already owns it.[/QUOTE]
Yes. The only downside is that it will be registered to his gamertag but your console. He will only be able to play it on his console when he's logged in with his gamertag.

Thanks for the link. Just signed up!

Anybody down for some Carassonne late? Hit me up

XBL= Zurezo

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back