Free copy of Joe Danger 2 for XBLA from Raptr

[quote name='DurbanBrown']Yea looks like most of my games show nothing. Says i need to play them and run the desktop app. Im at work so this sucks. Ohh well.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, so I DLed the app and ran it, then Raptr updated all of my games properly. You don't actually have to play the games to have them update, just run the app.

[quote name='eldergias']Same thing happened to me, so I DLed the app and ran it, then Raptr updated all of my games properly. You don't actually have to play the games to have them update, just run the app.[/QUOTE]

cool, ill try and run it from work

[quote name='sassylaurie']Yeah, no. Doesn't change. Said I needed 1 more hour or achievement to reach experienced, and I did both, but still no change on Ratpr. I know it takes about 12 hours before it shows up on Facebook. Hopefully it doesn't take that long or I will certainly miss out.[/QUOTE]

Where does it show your eligibility? I am eligible but it doesn't state that I am anywhere.

ok well i went to d/l the app and it looks like alot of my games are good now. not all but most. maybe it just takes time for it all to load since i just signed up? well see... either way limbo is now experienced. so it looks like im clear for the reward if it ever goes live.

[quote name='grantly']Where does it show your eligibility? I am eligible but it doesn't state that I am anywhere.[/QUOTE]

i just looked at my games and looked to see if im "experienced" or not

Guys, I just realized that I might need some help with this one. I'm currently on vacation in Thailand (long story) and it's not listed as an eligible country, of course. I've tried finding a US proxy but it seems the Raptr website requires Javascript, which proxies suck at. I can't find one that works, with Raptr, anyways.

Could someone help me out if I PM'd them my account info? Or does anyone have a better suggestion for getting around the country requirement? (I am a US citizen, just not there currently).

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Guys, I just realized that I might need some help with this one. I'm currently on vacation in Thailand (long story) and it's not listed as an eligible country, of course. I've tried finding a US proxy but it seems the Raptr website requires Javascript, which proxies suck at. I can't find one that works, with Raptr, anyways.

Could someone help me out if I PM'd them my account info? Or does anyone have a better suggestion for getting around the country requirement? (I am a US citizen, just not there currently).[/QUOTE]

I'll do it if still needed.

They can tell what country I'm in by my IP address. I just need someone to log in my account from the US and redeem the reward for me. :/

[quote name='ooga']You're vacationing in Thailand and you're worried about missing out on a free $15 game? Seriously man![/QUOTE]

This man should receive the CAG Medal of Honor.

Lol, I actually had the same thought, but yeah. I'm kinda nuts I guess. And also broke after spending most of my money on these plane tickets! XD

I'll send you a PM, sleepydumbdude, thanks man.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're sketchy about downloading the app but you're missing time or cheevos, you can head to the Account dropdown on the top-right, go to "Account" (funny enough), and then "Identities & Achievements" next to your gamertag there's a blurb with a link that says,

"Update non-secret Xbox achievements now
Presence, hours, some achievements tracked."

This takes a little while sometimes, but I've used it in the past when games weren't current with reality.

This is the first Raptr promo I've been interested in since creating an account.

@ Sanges99, I love your avatar. One of my all-time favorite arcade games. Just played it 2 weeks ago!

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Will it just show up in the rewards section without having to do anything? I linked Facebook to raptr account[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just go to "Rewards" in your profile, then click on the Joe Danger reward. Once it's live, they'll be a button to click and it's pretty self-explanatory from there.

[quote name='crunchewy']This promo makes me want to punch somebody in the face… and I'm a pacifist. But if I get a copy I'll change my tune. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't get the anger about this. They're giving away the game for FREE. They can do it however they want.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, just go to "Rewards" in your profile, then click on the Joe Danger reward. Once it's live, they'll be a button to click and it's pretty self-explanatory from there.

I don't get the anger about this. They're giving away the game for FREE. They can do it however they want.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tyler, you rock buddy

Raptr must not want me to get any work done today.. I keep stopping in the middle of stuff to refresh the page. The funny thing is I know they will probably have codes available for a few hours, I just want to get it out of the way and forget about it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, just go to "Rewards" in your profile, then click on the Joe Danger reward. Once it's live, they'll be a button to click and it's pretty self-explanatory from there.[/QUOTE]

So, my stats updated and I meet the qualifications, but I don't see this under my rewards at all, only under the "Coming Soon" drop down. Does anyone have it actually showing up on their rewards page yet?

[quote name='mpaullin']Raptr must not want me to get any work done today.. I keep stopping in the middle of stuff to refresh the page. The funny thing is I know they will probably have codes available for a few hours, I just want to get it out of the way and forget about it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. THe way this has been posted around. I'm not thinking it's going to be around for more than 15 minutes.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, just go to "Rewards" in your profile, then click on the Joe Danger reward. Once it's live, they'll be a button to click and it's pretty self-explanatory from there.

I don't get the anger about this. They're giving away the game for FREE. They can do it however they want.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the Minecraft one, there will be technical issues that screw a lot of people out of it even if they meet the qualifications and are there on time.

[quote name='Felder71']I don't know. THe way this has been posted around. I'm not thinking it's going to be around for more than 15 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking 5-10 minutes at this point...a ton of sites and such have been posting it since yesterday.

[quote name='sassylaurie']So, my stats updated and I meet the qualifications, but I don't see this under my rewards at all, only under the "Coming Soon" drop down. Does anyone have it actually showing up on their rewards page yet?[/QUOTE]
No because it's not live yet. When it's available it should show up under rewards.

How long did the Minecraft codes last in that giveaway? I googled and saw that they had 2500.

In the meanwhile, I just d/l the Joe Danger: The Movie demo -- now I want the game that much more.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']How long did the Minecraft codes last in that giveaway? I googled and saw that they had 2500.

In the meanwhile, I just d/l the Joe Danger: The Movie demo -- now I want the game that much more.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I think it only lasted a couple minutes at most.

[quote name='Felder71']I don't know. THe way this has been posted around. I'm not thinking it's going to be around for more than 15 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember Minecraft lasting for a few hours even though it was pretty well circulated, but I could be wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if it went fast, I was just thinking it would be my luck to have been obsessively clicking all day when I could have easily waited till later on and got one no problem.

[quote name='drawingboard']Communicating with Facebook..............................................................................................[/QUOTE]

Stuck there forever.... dammit! I just want to claim my prize and then unlike Facebook, because I'm secretive and DON'T want people to know what I'm doing. And the last thing I'd want them to know is what video games I'm playing. That's what my Live/PSN friends lists are for.

Hate Facebook, have it because everyone else does.

I still think this has been better circulated. Major tweeted about it and so did PlayXBLA. I think it will go faster. But time will tell.

[quote name='sassylaurie']So, my stats updated and I meet the qualifications, but I don't see this under my rewards at all, only under the "Coming Soon" drop down. Does anyone have it actually showing up on their rewards page yet?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. I will only show up when it's available, until then it will be "coming soon" for everyone, until it goes live.

[quote name='SteveGo']I doubt it. I will only show up when it's available, until then it will be "coming soon" for everyone, until it goes live.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Just wasn't sure since I have not yet been able to claim a reward that wasn't active yet. Thanks.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Stuck there forever.... dammit! I just want to claim my prize and then unlike Facebook, because I'm secretive and DON'T want people to know what I'm doing. And the last thing I'd want them to know is what video games I'm playing. That's what my Live/PSN friends lists are for.

Hate Facebook, have it because everyone else does.[/QUOTE]

Try signing out of facebook.com and then try again. that happened to me and this fixed it.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Stuck there forever.... dammit! I just want to claim my prize and then unlike Facebook, because I'm secretive and DON'T want people to know what I'm doing. And the last thing I'd want them to know is what video games I'm playing. That's what my Live/PSN friends lists are for.

It's probably your pop-up blocker settings. I had the same thing and just Allowed pop-ups for Raptr in Firefox.

No.

[quote name='garrett007']I could be wrong but I think it only lasted a couple minutes at most.[/QUOTE]

I think it was at least 30 mins.

This is why you create a dummy account that has zero friends. To thwart lame marketing efforts.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Hopefully "soon" doesn't mean 3 days from now. My F5 key is starting to take some damage[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that this is precisely what's going to happen. "Soon" seems to me like a place holder for TBD.

[quote name='hufferstl']This is why you create a dummy account that has zero friends. To thwart lame marketing efforts.[/QUOTE]

Haha that dummy account with no friends is my MAIN account :D

Maybe they just wanted to see how many people they could get to sign up for their product. Then they'll release 10 copies of the game at some obscure time and call it done. I'm such a pessimist

Looking at the thread for the free Minecraft, that went live around this time. So hopefully in a few minutes they will get it done and over with already.

Nooooo! I really want this :( Hopefully they'll get more codes.

They seemed to have plenty of the Maw and R-Type during the previous promo.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Nooooo! I really want this :( Hopefully they'll get more codes.

They seemed to have plenty of the Maw and R-Type during the previous promo.[/QUOTE]

They won't get more, they didn't magically get more for Minecraft so it's 2,500 codes and that's it.

bread's done
Back