Free copy of Joe Danger 2 for XBLA from Raptr

[quote name='GinsuVictim']Congrats to everyone who did it right and got their codes.[/QUOTE]

thanks man! i registered today and it took like 30min-1hr for my games and achievements to show up. but i got it!

[quote name='KyleGamgee']I was too late setting this up today. I missed out.

And now I'm on Raptr, and my Facebook is too. Joy.[/QUOTE]

I see what they did there. ;-)

[quote name='Brother Daz']If you have a code you plan on giving away here, please dont just post it in the open for ungrateful lurkers. Give it to the first reply to your post or something and them pm it to that person. That way you'd at least get a thank you.[/QUOTE]

Better a lurker gets it than a dirty filthy flipper. Id rather someone gets my code who will play it than someone who just wants to stick it on eBay to make a few bucks.

This was the first time I used raptr for anything. I signed up ages ago but never did anything with it. Then I saw this thread and decided to see if I was eligible since I really wanted the game. Five more minutes on Trials HD and I was. So I set everything up and was good to go. Got the code today, was pretty easy with no issues. Thanks for the heads-up OP!

Damn it, missed this Raptr promo too, sleeping in till noon.

And a big "F*** Y**!!" to all the hoarders & flippers, robbing us regular folks of these Raptr rewards. If someone has this game already, and don't need promo code from Raptr, please PM, Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn timezones!

It dropped at like 4AM for me, so little chance I was ever going to get one. Hopefully some people selling it in the Marketplace sell it at a decent price.

Is there a reason why Raptr won't email me when I am eligible for an award? On my email notification settings, the only thing I have checked is for when "you earn an award", but I still never got one for this. It did show up in the game activity part on the website, but that doesn't help me on things like this.

Luckily I saw this thread yesterday, but the no email screwed me on the Minecraft one.

For some reason raptr has never registered my playing of Splosion man, I even played it some more last night and still no record.

as expected and as I posted on ..page 1 or 2? I ended up missing out on this, sadly because I wasn't home. does anyone have a code they *don't* want and wouldn't mind parting ways with it for free? I'd really appreciate it

[quote name='MRGx']guess I won't be getting this since won't be around the rest of the day

hate life[/QUOTE]

heres the post in question if anyone doesn't believe that I wasn't going to be around. as I said in my previous post, it'd be appreciated

[quote name='MRGx']heres the post in question if anyone doesn't believe that I wasn't going to be around. as I said in my previous post, it'd be appreciated[/QUOTE]

this matters because? want a cookie?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']this matters because? want a cookie?[/QUOTE]

you don't have to be a douche for no reason, was simply pointing it out.

[quote name='musha666']Better a lurker gets it than a dirty filthy flipper. Id rather someone gets my code who will play it than someone who just wants to stick it on eBay to make a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

In the past I've given out a couple of codes to the first response with the stipulation that it would be publicly posted a short time later. That way they couldn't resell it.

That's not me telling others what they should do. When people are kind enough to give away a code it's not my place to tell them how much time and effort to put in to do it the "right" way. It's just the way that I avoid that problem.

[quote name='Briar36']Is there a reason why Raptr won't email me when I am eligible for an award? On my email notification settings, the only thing I have checked is for when "you earn an award", but I still never got one for this. It did show up in the game activity part on the website, but that doesn't help me on things like this.

Luckily I saw this thread yesterday, but the no email screwed me on the Minecraft one.[/QUOTE]the e-mail alerts don't really help I cog the alert this afternoon clicked to claim it and they had it paused because of tech isues and when I refresed the site they were all gone

[quote name='emwearz']Damn timezones!

It dropped at like 4AM for me, so little chance I was ever going to get one. Hopefully some people selling it in the Marketplace sell it at a decent price.[/QUOTE]

yeah same here for me, it dropped about the same. i went to bed about 3am as i was really tired. i am in australia too
if they would have put an estimate timeframe that would have been better.
they said it was worldwide but with no start time or estimate it was basically just an american giveaway.

I got my copy right after lunch today. I had my account set up from a while back and it recognized that I had played Limbo, Trials HD, Trials Evo and Joe Danger SE. so i just loggged in and claimed it. Thank you OP

[quote name='LoveLost']I got my copy right after lunch today. [/QUOTE]

so the time it went live in america was about 12 noon.

if raptr was not thinking of just america they could have made it live later in the afternoon say about 4 pm or 5 pm (still reasonable time).
then in other countries could of had a better chance to enter, in a time when is good to be awake also, not 4 am in morning.

[quote name='xbox_man']so the time it went live in america was about 12 noon.

if raptr was not thinking of just america they could have made it live later in the afternoon say about 4 pm or 5 pm (still reasonable time).
then in other countries could of had a better chance to enter, in a time when is good to be awake also, not 4 am in morning.[/QUOTE]

No matter what it would have been 4 in the morning for someone.

[quote name='emwearz']No matter what it would have been 4 in the morning for someone.[/QUOTE]

yeah but they could have looked at all the timezones and picked a time when it is not stupid hours like 3 or 4 in morning.
it looks like they just went with what was best for where they are and stuff anybody else in different timezone

[quote name='xbox_man']yeah but they could have looked at all the timezones and picked a time when it is not stupid hours like 3 or 4 in morning.
it looks like they just went with what was best for where they are and stuff anybody else in different timezone[/QUOTE]

Can't tell if trolling or just really stupid.

all i am saying is since it was 12 noon there is room to move the time around so other countries have a better time instead of 4 am in morning.

[quote name='xbox_man']all i am saying is since it was 12 noon there is room to move the time around so other countries have a better time instead of 4 am in morning.[/QUOTE]

Be grateful that at least you had a chance of claiming a code whether or not you were awake. You'd be complaining just as much if they excluded all countries except for USA so there is nothing that will make you happy.

[quote name='d3adliner']There's a new message on the site... "Due to interanal technical difficulties, Joe Danger 2 has been paused. Please stay tuned.".[/QUOTE]

What technical difficulties? Oh you mean the one that they ran through all 2500 in about 45 minutes? Oh Raptr you so crazy:roll:

Games not too bad, lots like Joe Danger 1. I really think Hello Games need some practice with menus. This one is better than JD1, but the menus are still pretty bad.

[quote name='chapnis']I don't know what people are complaining about. I'm in New Zealand and I managed to get one.[/QUOTE]
The net for you..

I was 28th on the overall leaderboard last night when I went to bed. I'm having so much more fun with this one that the first game. For those that didnt get a code, I'd recommend it at the full price. I wouldnt have been happy paying full price for it.

That Damn Raptr app. Didn't realize that when I connected it to my Facebook account that it would basically spam everyone. It tracks every move including Games played, achievements unlocked, time, played, blah, blah, blah. Didn't even notice it until somebody commented on one the updates. It's quite annoying so remember to disconnect the account until the next reward.

[quote name='Kidd Mischief']That Damn Raptr app. Didn't realize that when I connected it to my Facebook account that it would basically spam everyone. It tracks every move including Games played, achievements unlocked, time, played, blah, blah, blah. Didn't even notice it until somebody commented on one the updates. It's quite annoying so remember to disconnect the account until the next reward.[/QUOTE]

You can also just go into your Account Settings for Raptr. There is a Sharing & Privacy link on the left. Click and from there (near the top) you can adjust your Facebook settings. Uncheck/check boxes accordingly.

Anyone got a spare code they'd be willing to give away to a poor guy who missed the promotion by just a few minutes? They were all gone by the time I got there. :( :(

[quote name='Brother Daz'] I'm having so much more fun with this one that the first game. For those that didnt get a code, I'd recommend it at the full price. I wouldnt have been happy paying full price for it.[/QUOTE]

look at the highlighted bit. which is it?
you say others should get it at full price but then you say you wouldn't.

[quote name='TommyC']Anyone got a spare code they'd be willing to give away to a poor guy who missed the promotion by just a few minutes? They were all gone by the time I got there. :( :([/QUOTE]

join the club, at least you were there to see them go. I wasn't here as of 2 hours prior to it starting

bread's done
Back