(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, guess we'll see tomorrow if it's only once per day. That would be a very stupid solution to the problem since you can still generate codes over and over.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']I love all these paying members whining like bitches, but they already saved 5x what they paid for the membership. Most of the people doing this free thing are hardly using any codes. There was some hoarders and that'll be done if not already done, since they can't sell on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']for all of you using multiple codes on multiple purchases in 1 day, LEARN TO fuckING READ! Use 1 code on all your purchases in that day, put it in 1 order.[/QUOTE]

JohnDoeHoe, you continue to be a dumb asshole.

Learn to read this, dipshit:

Sometimes you can't wait all day to fill up your cart and put your items in. Sometimes, especially if it's a great deal, you better add it to your cart and check out asap. Tales of Vesperia at $15 sold out in like 30 mins.

And if you buy ANOTHER game later in the day, you have to use ... wait for it... wait for it.... another code.

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

[quote name='Oceaniax']Also, I'm no longer seeing the "NOTE: Coupon Codes expire 9/30" warning in the eca members home area. How are people drawing the conclusion that these are still expiring at the end of the month?[/QUOTE]

Because this morning, it did still say that. They've removed it since, it seems.

I just got my FREE membership. Thanks TC. I love FREE things.

I was holding off on getting this until I got my refund check from my university, but why wait when I can get it for free. I actually held off all summer on this because I knew I was going to buy the membership with my refund check.

Lol, good ole Khanh (Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanh!) got back to me this morning to let me know there was a technical issue with the codes and that they're back up and running. These guys seriously have the best CSR ever.

[quote name='Oceaniax'] Also, I'm no longer seeing the "NOTE: Coupon Codes expire 9/30" warning in the eca members home area. How are people drawing the conclusion that these are still expiring at the end of the month?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Oceaniax']No, that's not simple, that's simply stupid. If they took the time to remove all the notices that state that the codes expire on 9/30 a reasonable conclusion to draw would be that the expiration date has removed/delayed/extended.[/QUOTE]

Because earlier this morning it did still have the notice up that said that they expire on 9/30. They've removed it since, it seems. Why would you assume that what you're seeing on the page now is the same as what was there earlier when others looked at it?

Ugh. I noticed Borderlands had slipped through my eca discounted preorders. I cancelled it, reordered and applied my eca discount without a hitch. Then I got MGS Rising in my goldbox. Went to grab it and now the codes aren't working. I hope they don't have the same problem they had last month with this crap happening again. They really need to get this stuff working right or let people know if something has changed or a daily limit has been put in place.

I was reading in an earlier post that you can only apply one code a day now, for I tried to apply it to three separate games in my gb but could only apply it to my first game. So I cancelled my first game and put all of them in one order and was able to apply the discount to all three games. I'm just wondering now, how will I be charged? Well they charge me the full total when the first title arrives or each time one ships?

[quote name='saiyajinsc']I was reading in an earlier post that you can only apply one code a day now, for I tried to apply it to three separate games in my gb but could only apply it to my first game. So I cancelled my first game and put all of them in one order and was able to apply the discount to all three games. I'm just wondering now, how will I be charged? Well they charge me the full total when the first title arrives or each time one ships?[/QUOTE]

So I can cancel the pre-order I made today and then make a new order?

I want to add a Dual Shock 3 and then do the pre-order again. Will it let me or will it say I've already used my 1 order for the day?

So now there is a new batch of codes, but restricted to one order per member per day, and applies to all items in the order? They are getting closer to true multi-use unlimited?

[quote name='Dahk']So I can cancel the pre-order I made today and then make a new order?

I want to add a Dual Shock 3 and then do the pre-order again. Will it let me or will it say I've already used my 1 order for the day?[/QUOTE]

Yea that's how I did it

ECA are aware of the problems with the codes, they are "one and done" right now because they were a backup batch to keep things going.

They're waiting for final codes (which will work the normal way), I didn't get an ETA for those, though.

I thought I'd chime in with my experience.

I received a single new code today, which worked. Generating a second code, resulting in an error message:

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

Not even the error message is correct. Hopefully this will be remedied very soon.

[quote name='Killrig']I thought I'd chime in with my experience.

I received a single new code today, which worked. Generating a second code, resulting in an error message:

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

Not even the error message is correct. Hopefully this will be remedied very soon.[/QUOTE]

Because the codes are one per DAY, not one per order. Your new code will work... TOMORROW.

[quote name='arcane93']Because earlier this morning it did still have the notice up that said that they expire on 9/30. They've removed it since, it seems. Why would you assume that what you're seeing on the page now is the same as what was there earlier when others looked at it?[/QUOTE]
lol, yea it's pretty simple Ocean. Not very smart, are you?

So I'm trying to use a code to preorder Mod Racer Nation, but I get an error message saying I can't use the code for this item. Any ideas as to why, despite successfully using one to pre-order Uncharted 2?

Well if you have been following the thread the code only works once per day but you can do mulitple items in that order. Kind of sucks since I will have to go back and order the other games I want tomorrow.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Because the codes are one per DAY, not one per order. Your new code will work... TOMORROW.[/QUOTE]

um what I'm saying is not confirmed in anyway... but last time this happened with the one code working and others giving errors... we thought it was one per day... but it was just one code per ever...

they eventually got new codes to fix that... but what I'm saying is I wouldn't get to excited if the current codes don't work tomorrow if you used 'em today...

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Because the codes are one per DAY, not one per order. Your new code will work... TOMORROW.[/QUOTE]

That's can't be right... I generated two codes today, one I used earlier in the morning to buy two XBox 360 games, and then the other just a few minutes ago to do a PSP pre-order.

Both times, the ECA 10% was successfully applied. And I signed up with the free membership offer over the weekend.

[quote name='estofan']That's can't be right... I generated two codes today, one I used earlier in the morning to buy two XBox 360 games, and then the other just a few minutes ago to do a PSP pre-order.

Both times, the ECA 10% was successfully applied. And I signed up with the free membership offer over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

This can't be right. The ECA coupons DO NOT work on Consoles. If you got a discount on the PSP then there is some sort of promotion you got without the ECA discount.

[quote name='Afflicted']um what I'm saying is not confirmed in anyway... but last time this happened with the one code working and others giving errors... we thought it was one per day... but it was just one code per ever...

they eventually got new codes to fix that... but what I'm saying is I wouldn't get to excited if the current codes don't work tomorrow if you used 'em today...[/QUOTE]

I know it's not confirmed but there's been several variations of the code out there. Single use, Single Item. Single Use, Multi Item. One per account, etc... I'm hoping it's not Once per account. I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

I have seen on SD that some users are getting their discounts to stack, so their getting 20% off. Maybe Old/New combo stack?

I'm going to try tomorrow hopefully. I had to place a "Fake" pre-order so my GB goes back to normal. (I'm sick of seeing Will Creator when all my recommendations are Games.) I'll try to stack tomorrow if I get decent shit in my GB.

Hoo boy, this codes thing is all over the place. :p

I'd be curious to know if the new codes stack w/the old ones, but I don't want to see the promo get taken away due to abuse, either. :p

old codes and the new codes stack.. even the $30 promo will go with this combo.

I bought a 4000 point card
-5 (10% old Eca)
-5 (10% new Eca)
-30 promo

Weird, everyone's saying it works once per day?

I just went to ECA, went into the members area, grabbed a code and tried to place an order and amazon wouldn't accept it. Tried to generate another one and no dice with that either. So now I have an order I want to place but I'll hold off until I can get my 10% off working again.

tbh if the people who legitamitely paid their $15 or $20 for ECA lose their 10% deal because of the thousands of people who jumped on the free ECA sub, it'll be a little frustrating.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']What's the $30 promo?[/QUOTE]

He probably means the $30 back when you sign up for an amazon visa. At least that's the only $30 promo I know of.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']What's the $30 promo?[/QUOTE]

it was a trade in promo..
trade in $60 worth of games and get $30 towards any videogame purchase.

http://forums.theeca.com/showthread.php?t=6461&page=24

The most relevant paragraph being:
There’s typically a four to five (business) day gap between when we run low and then out, and when partners can replenish, we’ve asked for smaller back-up quantities – so we can put them out a little faster when they do run out. The new Amazon codes that were uploaded at 9AM EST this morning are some of that example. Unlike normal, they appear to be one-time codes that can only be downloaded one time (rather than multiple one-time codes per day). The rate at which they’re being downloaded and redeemed is staggering, so I’d imagine that our back-up list won’t last more than a couple of days – leaving a few day gap again later this week, theoretically.

[quote name='Vortextk']If there's a fact or evidence in there, point me to it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I have no clue how I've suddenly used 5 codes and hoarded the rest, I've used 3 total and never hoarded any...this is a discussion, any "whining like bitches" present is in regards to the discussion that's present in the first place, as nobody else seems to have issues with this thread.

I can see why someone would like to grab one or two coupons and keep them on reserve when they seem to seem to become unavailable at the worst possible times.

I signed up yesterday, and wanted to make a purchase today, but no coupons. :(

I do understand the point behind ordering all of your games at once. However, Amazon is notorious for dropping prices at random times and then raising them again a few hours later. I can see someone making a purchase, only to find an item drop later in the day and making another order..

There's a lot of gray area between hoarding and just trying to be prepared for deals..

[quote name='mitemouse']old codes and the new codes stack.. even the $30 promo will go with this combo.

I bought a 4000 point card
-5 (10% old Eca)
-5 (10% new Eca)
-30 promo[/QUOTE]

Please don't abuse the ECA codes by doubling them like that, even if you can -- that's the sort of thing that could easily cause Amazon to stop allowing stacking and/or cut off the ECA codes if they notice it happening.

Man this shit is lame! Apparently they started giving out free memberships which resulted in all their codes running out? Great way to reward the paying members.
I have no interest in the work the ECA does and I'm sure 99% of their other members feel the same way. Give me the codes you promised me.

[quote name='butaneko']Give me the codes you promised me.[/QUOTE]

LOL, the Terms you agreed to when you signed up state that rewards can be changed or canceled at anytime without notice.

[quote name='butaneko']
I have no interest in the work the ECA does and I'm sure 99% of their other members feel the same way.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself. There are lots of people in government who are trying to legislate our hobby. I don't want videogames in America to be like videogames in Germany or Venezuela.

fack! I preordered persona and added the item to my cart after clicking the item so I got the regular price instead of the quick pick price. I did not notice during checkout. hopefully amazon can fix this issue. anyone else had this problem?

[quote name='Vegan']Speak for yourself. There are lots of people in government who are trying to legislate our hobby. I don't want videogames in America to be like videogames in Germany or Venezuela.[/QUOTE]

The President and Congress can't get their shit together to fix the economy or health care, you really think they give a shit enough about legislating video games right now? If you do, I suggest you stock up on your Bibles, guns, and V8 engines because I hear Obama is going to take those away as well.

The only important issue which the ECA seems to have involved itself with is net neutrality - but that goes way beyond video gaming.

updates:
got the email from amazon rep and she insists that my promotion from ECA was the gold box discount *thud* i told her QP items would show "gold box discount" at checkout

so i cancelled the previous order and reordered lo and behold, my new total is now cheaper.

Amazon codes are down. I signed up a few months ago. Codes were down then. Are they up most of the time? I never get to use them.

[quote name='rogXue']will the coupons work on systems? (yeah it's probably been asked a million times but I couldn't find it)[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it's strictly games and most accessories sold directly by Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back