(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys quick question: Will the number codes expire tomorrow as well? I have a J code as well so should I order something w/ the J code and cancel it so it will just go back into my account for my next purchase? I guess I'm basically wondering if both of the # code and the J code will go into my account if I cancel a pre order after using them and will be available for use later on.

[quote name='shrike4242']You'd have to email customer service about it, and from what I've seen previously, it's 50-50 on them being able to do it.

Can't you just cancel and reorder the items in question after you picked up your Prime trial?[/QUOTE]

Yep you are right. So I just canceled my old order and did it again with the 2 day prime. Now when I cancel my prime after the 30 days will all the other future pre-orders still ship free 2 day or will I have to change that?
It looks like I have all my gaming for the rest of this year and next done. LOL.

Item(s) Subtotal:$1,067.82Shipping & Handling:$0.00Gold Box Discount:whistle2:$5.70Promotion Applied:whistle2:$106.78Promotion Applied:whistle2:$106.78 -----Total Before Tax:$848.56Estimated Tax:$0.00 -----Grand Total:$848.56

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Hey guys quick question: Will the number codes expire tomorrow as well? I have a J code as well so should I order something w/ the J code and cancel it so it will just go back into my account for my next purchase? I guess I'm basically wondering if both of the # code and the J code will go into my account if I cancel a pre order after using them and will be available for use later on.[/QUOTE]

Well I doubt it. The "J" codes did say would expire on 9/30 but then a few days later, that was removed and the new "One code per day/24H" came about so who really knows whats gonna happen to the "J" codes. I doubt it since the "L" codes are older then those and still work along side newer codes. Now the "#" codes seems like the new batch for the month or till they are depleted. I doubt those will become void any time soon.

[quote name='darknight88']Well I doubt it. The "J" codes did say would expire on 9/30 but then a few days later, that was removed and the new "One code per day/24H" came about so who really knows whats gonna happen to the "J" codes. I doubt it since the "L" codes are older then those and still work along side newer codes. Now the "#" codes seems like the new batch for the month or till they are depleted. I doubt those will become void any time soon.[/QUOTE]

So there's no way to preserve the J code by pre ordering w/ the code and cancelling the order so the code is in my account to be used for the next purchase?

Cancelled my pre orders with only 10% and placed a new one for a double ECA:

Delivery estimate: April 6, 2010 1 "God of War III"
Video Game; $56.99

Delivery estimate: November 6, 2009 1 "Dragon Age: Origins"
Video Game; $56.99

Delivery estimate: November 18, 2009 1 "New Super Mario Bros."
Video Game; $46.99

"The Last Guardian"
Video Game; $56.99

Delivery estimate: November 16, 2009 1 "God of War: Collection"
Video Game; $36.99

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves"
Video Game; $56.99

Delivery estimate: November 17, 2009 1 "Left4Dead 2"
Video Game; $54.99

Delivery estimate: October 6, 2009 1 "Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition w/ Artbook & Soundtrack CD"
Video Game; $66.99

Shipping Method: Two-Day Shipping
Shipping Preference: I want my items faster. Ship them as they become available.
Subtotal of Items: $254.95
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Gold Box Discount: -$2.85
Promotion Applied: -$14.64
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$25.39
Promotion Applied: -$4.89
Promotion Applied: -$25.38
Promotion Applied: -$5.85
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$25.39
------
Total for this Order: $150.56

Shipping Method: Release-Date Delivery
Shipping Preference: I want my items faster. Ship them as they become available.
Subtotal of Items: $178.97
Promotion Applied: -$10.36
Promotion Applied: -$18.00
Promotion Applied: -$3.46
Promotion Applied: -$18.01
Promotion Applied: -$4.15
Promotion Applied: -$18.00
------
Total for this Order: $106.99

It busted my order into 2 seperate orders but not bad at all. Wish I had a record of my first batch ECA codes.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']So there's no way to preserve the J code by pre ordering w/ the code and cancelling the order so the code is in my account to be used for the next purchase?[/QUOTE]

yes you can do that. I was just saying that the newer code and J codes might not entirely expire so its best to input them into your account by fake preordering.

Did not realize it's possible to triple stack now...

I have an extra L coupon to give away, so please post when this is used:

LAAY-PCQWHU-PCW9NU

I may have another later tonight. Working on a massive Amazon order right now.

Nvm, I was going to use the code, but I forgot I already have a 'L' code I didn't use. Damn, I want to know how people are triple stacking :(

Edit -

Nevermind, I went couple pages back and found out how people are trip stackin. I shouldn't of gave away my # code yesterday -__-

I am very surprised someone working at Amazon has not caught wind of this (or if they have, why they haven't fixed it). There must be a good number of gamers working there, and therefore must be at least a *few* CAGs who know about this. By raising or fixing the issue, it would look great on a yearly review since you'd be saving the company a good amount of money (though not huge amount with respect to Amazon's overall profits obviously).

[quote name='cupcakex1']Anyone have a '#' code they might be giving out? :D[/QUOTE]

PM'ed. I'm still surprised no one seems to care about the stacking yet (at ECA/Amazon at least)...

EDIT: I'd also like to say that this ECA membership has been the best $15 I've ever spent...It's addicting even with only 10%.

[quote name='lobitoh']i was wondering if a cancel an order will the promotional code or the eca code will i get the code back? in other word re-use it?[/QUOTE]

Yes... I did it a couple times already... even on a different day. I haven't tested to see how long they last.

I pre-ordered Uncharted back in August, and Buzz! a few weeks ago. I just canceled those and consolidated them under a new order with some other stuff. Amazon stored my old codes and accepted a new one.

Does anyone know how to get the Release Date delivery to work on big orders?

Item(s) Subtotal: $314.94
Shipping & Handling: $9.44
Super Saver Discount: -$9.44
Promotion Applied: -$31.49
Total Before Tax: $220.47
Estimated Tax: $0.00 -----

Grand Total:
$220.47

[quote name='lobitoh']i was wondering if a cancel an order will the promotional code or the eca code will i get the code back? in other word re-use it?[/QUOTE]

That was painful to read. Are you asking: "If I cancel an order with ECA codes applied, do I get those codes back?"

If yes, then kind of. The codes are applied to your account and never expire

[quote name='Smidget']I'll also beg for a # code, I can't seem to generate any new ones... unless I'm missing something heh[/QUOTE]

PM sent but that's all I've got left.

[quote name='bobright']all this cancelling order talk, do you mean when u preorder your cards not charged?[/QUOTE]

I've seen 1$ verification checks , but that's about it until the order ships.
They just check to see if you have a valid account by holding one dollar.

[quote name='bobright']all this cancelling order talk, do you mean when u preorder your cards not charged?[/QUOTE]

Pre-order and a regular order... you have to cancel before the order goes through... usually within 24-48hrs (for regular available games). The promo credit goes back into your account for the next video game order.

[quote name='Spinshag']Pre-order and a regular order... you have to cancel before the order goes through... usually within 24-48hrs (for regular available games). The promo credit goes back into your account for the next video game order.

Also, for those asking for codes. I have logged onto ECA using a different PC on the same day and received more codes... to help those to help themselves.[/QUOTE]

Discussing how to get more than one code per day under the 24 hour limit they've imposed is a big no-no here.

[quote name='starshipvelcro']I have a number code if anyone has any extra letter codes[/QUOTE]
ive got extra J letter code, what does your number code start with?

anyway, so if i cancel a preorder that isnt getting here till the 8th i can reorder with new codes??

Question for anyone who canceled a pre-order...did you just have the pre-order in your order or more games as well? I pre-ordered new super mario brothers and bought 2 other games that have already been shipped. Has anyone tried canceling just the pre-order and received the eca code back into their account?

[quote name='mitemouse']I have L codes, willing to trade for J codes?[/QUOTE]
Sure, PM it to me ive got 3 J codes all of which work. As long as the L code goes through I will give you one. Promise.

[quote name='DefeatUForever']Question for anyone who canceled a pre-order...did you just have the pre-order in your order or more games as well? I pre-ordered new super mario brothers and bought 2 other games that have already been shipped. Has anyone tried canceling just the pre-order and received the eca code back into their account?[/QUOTE]

You probably won't get the code back. I've had orders with two pre-order items, canceled one, and I did not get a code back. That's just my experience but from that I'd say you won't get the code back in your case.

[quote name='nbballard']I pre-ordered Uncharted back in August, and Buzz! a few weeks ago. I just canceled those and consolidated them under a new order with some other stuff. Amazon stored my old codes and accepted a new one.

Does anyone know how to get the Release Date delivery to work on big orders?

Item(s) Subtotal: $314.94
Shipping & Handling: $9.44
Super Saver Discount: -$9.44
Total Before Tax: $220.47
Estimated Tax: $0.00 -----

Grand Total:
$220.47[/QUOTE]

So you can stack more than 2 codes? If I have bunch of preorders placed using the old code, and cancel all of them to get like 60% off my next order, wouldn't Amazon try to retaliate? Wonder why they haven't fixed this flaw yet.

Item(s) Subtotal: $56.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Gold Box Discount: -$2.85
Super Saver Discount:whistle2:$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$5.70

Grand Total: $37.04

Uncharted 2 hope it goes through..

If I have a $10 promo GC (from Kingdom Hearts) and preorder a bunch of games with these codes will they apply the $10 promo GC to the first game that ships or spread it out?

Sorry to repeat myself- but does anyone know how to activate the release date delivery on these multi-item orders?

I don't want to contact amazon about it if it can be avoided.

Subtotal of Items: $149.99
Promotion Applied: -$75.00
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
------
Total: $29.99
Gift Cards: -$29.99

that's 80% off the tekken 6 bundle...at this point i think if another stackable code appears i would have to turn it down just to have a shred of dignity left..

Guys quick question: if I pre-order something on a credit card is it charged instantly or not till the order is shipped?

[quote name='bobright']Guys quick question: if I pre-order something on a credit card is it charged instantly or not till the order is shipped?[/QUOTE]

wont be charged till the order is shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back