(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I just tried applying one of my codes to the NBA 2K10 anniversary edition and I got this message:

We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions.

Anyone know why this is the case? I'm pretty sure it should work.

[quote name='J7.']How do you get stuff in #1 spot on recommendation list? I don't see any numbered order to them.[/QUOTE]
You click your heels and chant 'there's no place like Amazon. . .'

[quote name='guyver2077']so what is the deal? Is this ending tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I would assume its already over since I tried doing it and the checkout/cart page didnt show any coup code insert for me to be able to insert the code.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I would assume its already over since I tried doing it and the checkout/cart page didnt show any coup code insert for me to be able to insert the code.[/QUOTE]

well i did successfully put in a order today. Should still be working.

[quote name='PEN-15']Just spent almost $600 to take advantage of the ECA codes... too bad they don't apply to the MW2 360.[/QUOTE]

Never have worked on a console, that would be hacked.

argh Metroid Other M, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, Raiden IV and Dead Space Extraction... No way in hell I am ordering all 4 of these but it sounds like a good idea right now.

I got two extra codes up for grabs from the batch that expires tomorrow. Can't find any more pre-orders I want so here it is :

LAB2-A886JT-6QJ6L4
LAGJ-SWHTX7-U5ZL8Y

I just noticed I got the double ECA code glitch to work but no games I want too badly. I hope games show up on my Gold Box tomorrow.

So got the code to work(figured out the problem was with a blocker I had running for possibly malicious programs). So I am now an ECA member, however my wife accidently restarted the PC and lost my web page. Anyone know how I can find out what my ECA code is to insert at Amazon or other places?

Did you already enter the code in? If you didn't order anything after you put the code in, it should just automatically apply to your next order.

[quote name='davidpiano1']If I have uncharted 2 at the #1 spot in my recommendation list, should I expect it to go into my quick picks soon? Or do I actually have to preorder real games in order to get it in there.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. It's not certain.

I have Uncharted 2 in my Goldbox today but its not in my recommendations list.

You don't have to actually buy stuff to get it in your goldbox.

Uncharted? No because it's been easy to get. But a lot of games I would encourage fake pre-orders to get them in your goldbox. And being #1 in the list doesn't really mean anything so I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='cupcakex1']Did you already enter the code in? If you didn't order anything after you put the code in, it should just automatically apply to your next order.[/QUOTE]

I entered GIMAG into theeca.com site and joined but I have not seen nor used any other codes.

[quote name='Vortextk']Uncharted? No because it's been easy to get. But a lot of games I would encourage fake pre-orders to get them in your goldbox. And being #1 in the list doesn't really mean anything so I wouldn't worry about it.[/QUOTE]

Help me out here then - I followed the quick picks thread and I went the games that most people bought after looking at uncharted - and I gave them 5 stars and said I own them.

Then for everything else I bought on amazon I said don't use for recommendations - is there anything else I can do to get Uncharted 2 in the GB?

No code here.. I joined last week..

the members area is fine and a lot of codes show but amazon reads to click the link below and there is no link its blank?

Anyone know?

I recall many saying they had success getting Amazon codes to work after the expiration date when they canceled an order made before the expiration date that had used the code.. the code would be back in their cart and usable despite now being expired.

I wonder if this will be the case with the double stacked ECA codes (as the "L" ones were said to expire on 9/30). If this has already been discussed, my apologies.

I seem to permanently have an "L" code in my cart so I've been able to make unlimited 2xECA purchases. Perhaps I should make more pre-orders just to cancel to have access to again after 9/30.

[quote name='Moravagine']I recall many saying they had success getting Amazon codes to work after the expiration date when they canceled an order made before the expiration date that had used the code.. the code would be back in their cart and usable despite now being expired.

I wonder if this will be the case with the double stacked ECA codes (as the "L" ones were said to expire on 9/30. If this has already been discussed, my apologies.

I seem to permanently have an "L" code in my cart so I've been able to make unlimited 2xECA purchases. Perhaps I should make more pre-orders just to cancel to have access to again after 9/30.[/QUOTE]

wow thats sick man. Get the really good 2010 games preordered like that.

In other news, anyone have an old code willing to give me? Old as in the ones expiring on 9/30.

[quote name='Snake2715']No code here.. I joined last week..

the members area is fine and a lot of codes show but amazon reads to click the link below and there is no link its blank?

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem it says click link below but there's no link to click

[quote name='davidpiano1']Help me out here then - I followed the quick picks thread and I went the games that most people bought after looking at uncharted - and I gave them 5 stars and said I own them.

Then for everything else I bought on amazon I said don't use for recommendations - is there anything else I can do to get Uncharted 2 in the GB?[/QUOTE]

Do a bunch of pre-orders for the games related to uncharted. I'd do ratchet and clank, gow collection, ACII(ps3 version obviously) and heavy rain. So do 4 seperate pre-orders, wait 5-10 minutes until they show as purchases in your recommendations pages, rate them(or delete and rerate if you have before) and then watch your gold box for the next day or two.

[quote name='darknight88']wow thats sick man. Get the really good 2010 games preordered like that.

In other news, anyone have an old code willing to give me? Old as in the ones expiring on 9/30.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I've already got nearly 15 pre-orders in, some for games that don't even have release dates yet (like Max Payne 3).

[quote name='MSI Magus']I entered GIMAG into theeca.com site and joined but I have not seen nor used any other codes.[/QUOTE]

Same here

[quote name='MSI Magus']I entered GIMAG into theeca.com site and joined but I have not seen nor used any other codes.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought you were talking about using the ECA codes at Amazon . So you already put in your credit card info and GIMAG right? So I'm guessing you're trying to find the codes to use now.

http://www.theeca.com/member_home

That's the link to it. Its on the left side of the page under 'Section Links', 'Member Home' is what you're looking for. Hoped that helped :lol:

[quote name='Moravagine']Yep, I've already got nearly 15 pre-orders in, some for games that don't even have release dates yet (like Max Payne 3).[/QUOTE]

Is there anyway of searching for games that have no dates or are pretty far from release? I've tried looking at their future releases in the video game section but not a lot came up.

[quote name='cupcakex1']Oh, I thought you were talking about using the ECA codes at Amazon . So you put in your credit card info and GIMAG right? So I'm guessing you're trying to find the codes to use.

That's the link to it. Its on the left side of the page 'Member Home'. Hoped that helped :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've gotten to that page, it says "New codes, as available, can be downloaded by clicking on the link below."

But there is no link, just a line break, followed by "The codes are good for one use per member per code per 24 hour period"

Thanks for trying though

[quote name='Suikosword']I've gotten to that page, it says "New codes, as available, can be downloaded by clicking on the link below."

But there is no link, just a line break, followed by "The codes are good for one use per member per code per 24 hour period"

Thanks for trying though[/QUOTE]

America's Largest Online Retailer
America's largest online retailer is exclusively offering ECA members 10% off all computer and video game purchases at Amazon.com (software and some accessories/peripherals). If you buy 3+ games per year, this benefit alone rationalizes your membership dues. Depending on the type of code provided, it may be a one-time use per transaction, per item, or per timeframe. Check out our forums for more details: http://forums.theeca.com. New codes, as available, can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.

The codes are good for one use per member per code per 24 hour period

Code: JTYS-HBKVZ4-ASCS87
Click here to get another offer code

So you're saying after 'The codes are good for one use per member per code per 24 hour period' there is nothing below it? I don't know, maybe you could try it on a different browser or something? I'm not too sure what you mean by line break. But since it's not working for you atm, here's a code to use ;)

[quote name='Suikosword']I've gotten to that page, it says "New codes, as available, can be downloaded by clicking on the link below."

Thanks for trying though[/QUOTE]
Same Thing is hapening to me^

I don't see the code. However, I just registered 20 minutes ago, would it not come up until after 24 hours of registration?

[quote name='cupcakex1'] So you're saying after 'The codes are good for one use per member per code per 24 hour period' there is nothing below it? I don't know, maybe you could try it on a different browser or something? I'm not too sure what you mean by line break. But since it's not working for you, here's a code to use ;)[/QUOTE]

Correct,
I've tried it with IE8 and Firefox 3.5.
Thanks for the code, but it was already redeemed (I figured there would be ninjas here, hehe)

I'll see if they sort it out tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

Damn I thought I was getting Demon's Souls DE for sure but didnt. This is so hard. What games do you guys recommed for it to appear in GB? I got Dragon Age and Renasonce or something. Its in my recommended page(on top 6) but never get it!!! Got around a week to get it.

[quote name='darknight88']Damn I thought I was getting Demon's Souls DE for sure but didnt. This is so hard. What games do you guys recommed for it to appear in GB? I got Dragon Age and Renasonce or something. Its in my recommended page(on top 6) but never get it!!! Got around a week to get it.[/QUOTE]

You won't - no one has gotten it for several months.

I'm actually susprised you got Dragon's Age as that has been on my recommended list but never in my quick picks. I did get (and preordered) Resonance of Fate though.

I gave up and just did all my orders today to get the ECA stuff in for sure.

What's weird is that I'm not getting a new code when I click on the link and it's been over 24 hours since I generated the one I have now (which hasn't been used yet but that's never stopped it from generating before).

[quote name='io']You won't - no one has gotten it for several months.

I'm actually susprised you got Dragon's Age as that has been on my recommended list but never in my quick picks. I did get (and preordered) Resonance of Fate though.

I gave up and just did all my orders today to get the ECA stuff in for sure.[/QUOTE]

Oh man that sucks. Shouldnt of kept my hopes up. Also I didnt get Dragon Age on GB. I meant I put that and Resonace as fake PO and managed to get Demon's Souls DE on recommended list but never get it in GB although the other crap has managed to get in there(from recommeded list)...thats why I was a little excited It was gonna happen.

Anyone having any problems with the ECA codes? I got Uncharted 2 in my quick picks but eca isn't applying to it. I got a -$5 and a -$10 from halo odst and a "0.00" but that is probably the $5 credit I'll get after it ships. I should be getting one more -$6.00 promo for ECA but it's not happening.

This just in from the ECA forums-- from Daniela Lao-ECA Chapter Manager:

Looks like the current batch was exhausted tonight. Lasted a lot longer this time though. Most likely they'll let me know when we'll be getting a new batch sometime tomorrow and I'll update then.

http://forums.theeca.com/showthread.php?p=109309#post109309
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm having problems too. I couldn't apply my code to NBA 2K10 Anniversary Edition for Xbox 360.

[quote name='djblaze805']This just in from the ECA forums-- from Daniela Lao-ECA Chapter Manager:

Looks like the current batch was exhausted tonight. Lasted a lot longer this time though. Most likely they'll let me know when we'll be getting a new batch sometime tomorrow and I'll update then.

http://forums.theeca.com/showthread.php?p=109309#post109309
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm having problems too. I couldn't apply my code to NBA 2K10 Anniversary Edition for Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information.

This is only tangentially related, but I imagine that some other people here would like to know: If I have something nifty in my Gold Box right now, can I keep the window open in order to combine that discount with tomorrow's new batch of ECA codes?

I apologize empahtically if this has been covered before, but I could not find it anywhere.

Edit: Having read the linked post more carefully, I see that the codes will not necessarily be available tomorrow--that tomorrow is simply the day on which we'ill find out when the posting will take place. I still think that my question is one worth asking, though, if anyone knows the answer. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I think gold box prices only last for an hour. Then you need add it back in again to your cart if it is still available. So yeah, no waiting for new codes most likely.

If you just meant keeping the gold box window open I doubt that would work since you don't get the gold box discount until checkout anyway. It will just not apply.

I'm definitely glad I took care of all my orders yesterday (though I mostly did that with previous cancelled orders so I didn't need many new codes anyway).

Here's what is in my gold box quick picks for today. I should get a new batch tomorrow before the deadline but it doesn't look hopeful:

1) Contech Electronics Scarecrow
2) Back to Basics 5-Piece Home Canning Kit
3) Midwest Quality Glove 45TA Lawn Claws Leaf Scoops
4) Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper
5) Dethalbum II Deluxe Version (CD + DVD)

Yeah, a virtual bonanza there :roll:.

[quote name='io']I'm definitely glad I took care of all my orders yesterday (though I mostly did that with previous cancelled orders so I didn't need many new codes anyway).

Here's what is in my gold box quick picks for today. I should get a new batch tomorrow before the deadline but it doesn't look hopeful:

1) Contech Electronics Scarecrow
2) Back to Basics 5-Piece Home Canning Kit
3) Midwest Quality Glove 45TA Lawn Claws Leaf Scoops
4) Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper
5) Dethalbum II Deluxe Version (CD + DVD)

Yeah, a virtual bonanza there :roll:.[/QUOTE]

A SCARECROW!? That right there is an instant buy. Everyone needs one to keep the crows away from their corn! The only question is: does it qualify for ECA?

I haven't tried to influence my picks at all and I got 3 PS3 games.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
God of War: Collection
Heavy Rain

Unfortunately, the only ones I'm wanting are Fallout 3: GOTY and Borderlands.

[quote name='sabanoo']A SCARECROW!? That right there is an instant buy. Everyone needs one to keep the crows away from their corn! The only question is: does it qualify for ECA?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this:
http://www.amazon.com/Contech-Elect..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0B5HV23W0KQ6H2P4DVB2

Only $48.17 with the gold box quick pick discount. I didn't try ECA ;).
Interesting - it is a motion-activated sprinkler to scare critters away from your yard.

The best gold box selection was a few months back when I first started looking at it every day. My wife got a fancy grill, some grill accessories, and... wait for it... a raccoon trap! :rofl:

[quote name='dino88']I haven't tried to influence my picks at all and I got 3 PS3 games.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
God of War: Collection
Heavy Rain

Unfortunately, the only ones I'm wanting are Fallout 3: GOTY and Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten those three repeatedly and finally gave in and ordered R&C and God of War Collection. I think I may have seen Borderlands once but I never saw Fallout 3 GotY. And I was getting lots and lots of PS3 stuff for several weeks. I think it is one of those that just doesn't show up as a quick pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back