Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LINK

Just saw this on Club Nintendo's site and didn't see a post on here.

Register a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity between 3/21-4/30 and you get to choose one of the following games as a free digital download...

Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Super Mario 3D Land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Star Fox 64

3 cheers for nintendo..they said they would able to find my info even without the pin so they were able to get the system to do it (they had to do it on THEIR end ) so they sent me the code......

now to either use it or dump it.

[quote name='slidecage']3 cheers for nintendo..they said they would able to find my info even without the pin so they were able to get the system to do it (they had to do it on THEIR end ) so they sent me the code......

now to either use it or dump it.[/QUOTE]

I would use it if I were you but if you decide you don't want it I would The Art Academy code for $13. PM if your interested.

[quote name='slidecage']3 cheers for nintendo..they said they would able to find my info even without the pin so they were able to get the system to do it (they had to do it on THEIR end ) so they sent me the code......

now to either use it or dump it.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo should do whatever they can to keep their customers happy. Let them register 5 XLs if they want to, you're getting $160-200 per console. During the previous DS line my household could have registered 1 DS Phat, 4 DS Lites and 3 DSis and I also had multiple copies of a lot of games. As long as I am throwing my money at Nintendo they should have no problem throwing Club Nintendo coins at me. Sorry to the last poster but I'll give you $15 for Layton.

I am willing to pay someone $25 for a Starfox code. That is the same price as Starfox is on Amazon, but I have a 32gb card that I am trying to make use of. PM me if interested.

Wow. So awesome of Nintendo. I actually contacted them about not having the PIN code and they made a one-time exception and not only gave me the Free Game code as part of the Luigi's Mansion promotion but they also added the 160 points for the 3DS XL too!!

[quote name='eliter1']Nintendo should do whatever they can to keep their customers happy. Let them register 5 XLs if they want to, you're getting $160-200 per console. During the previous DS line my household could have registered 1 DS Phat, 4 DS Lites and 3 DSis and I also had multiple copies of a lot of games. As long as I am throwing my money at Nintendo they should have no problem throwing Club Nintendo coins at me. Sorry to the last poster but I'll give you $15 for Layton.[/QUOTE]

I think i will Keep my asking price at 21 (get around 20 after paypal fees ) for now.. might just dump it over to VGames and pick up 2 or 3 cheap games over there...

So i have a LAYTON code in hand for 21 bucks

WILL ALSO TRADE IT FOR FIRE EMBLEM AND TOSS IN A FEW BUCKS

Going to sleep so i wont be checking mail till 9am est tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='godsquare']I have one Luigi Mansion code and looking for $12. Please PM me if anyone interested.[/QUOTE]

might want to add a little to that...

Do you have a CODE for one of the free games

or

do you have the CODE (Pin number) for the luigi game (meaning your still going to need a 3ds pin to get the free game)

before tons of people flood your box thinking its the other

EDIT NEVERMIND need sleep i get it now... going to bed being up 23 hours drives you crazy LOL

I got my 3ds xl a while back from Amazon warehouse deals and the pin code had already been registered.

I contacted Nintendo and they told me to register the serial number and when I bought LM register the pin code and I would get the free game download.

So I did this and didnt get anything. Contacted them again and now they are telling me that I have to have the pin code for the 3ds xl to get the free game. :( kinda sucks that I got 2 different answers but i guess I wont get the free game thru my club nintendo account

[quote name='neonon19s']I got my 3ds xl a while back from Amazon warehouse deals and the pin code had already been registered.

I contacted Nintendo and they told me to register the serial number and when I bought LM register the pin code and I would get the free game download.

So I did this and didnt get anything. Contacted them again and now they are telling me that I have to have the pin code for the 3ds xl to get the free game. :( kinda sucks that I got 2 different answers but i guess I wont get the free game thru my club nintendo account[/QUOTE]

i would say ask to speak to a higher up about it BUT since the system was used i doubt the higher ups will do anything about it cause when i called in about it I had to tell them when the system was purchased and where from before they hooked me up with the code

[quote name='slidecage']i would say ask to speak to a higher up about it BUT since the system was used i doubt the higher ups will do anything about it cause when i called in about it I had to tell them when the system was purchased and where from before they hooked me up with the code[/QUOTE]

I might call and try to talk to someone about that Tuesday or Wednesday.
I called in the first time but the second time I was just emailed.

I will trade an Xbox 360 code for the Halo Reach Legendary Edition DLC, which is the Flaming Helmet and Behind The Scenes Video, and also includes the Limited Edition DLC, which is the Elite Officer Multiplayer Skin, and a Falcon Avatar Prop, for Starfox 64 3D or Professor Layton

[quote name='sublime90']im really tempted to buy a 3DS XL now. Luigis mansion looks amazing plus id get 3D land for free.[/QUOTE]

This promo made me buy one. I picked up the Mario Kart bundle. Mario 3D Land looks great and getting it free sold this promo for me.

ok, to make sure I don't fuck this up.

I added my g/f as a family member on my main account, so 2 questions.

1) If I register the 3ds XL and luigi's Mansion n her account, I should get the free game right?

2) How do I register it to her account? lol

[quote name='Deader2818']ok, to make sure I don't fuck this up.

I added my g/f as a family member on my main account, so 2 questions.

1) If I register the 3ds XL and luigi's Mansion n her account, I should get the free game right?

2) How do I register it to her account? lol[/QUOTE]

Yes

Enter the pin numbers on CN.

Really wish OP would add a FAQ at the beginning...

Do I have to click the offer for it to apply, or will it apply automatically after I register my system/game?

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Do you still get the free game if you buy the digital version of Luigis Mansion?[/QUOTE]

yes. it just says to be sure your 3dsxl is linked to your club nintendo prior to the digital purchase.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Really wish OP would add a FAQ at the beginning...

Do I have to click the offer for it to apply, or will it apply automatically after I register my system/game?[/QUOTE]

I believe it will show as a reward once you complete the survey for luigi/pokemon. you can then select the free game from the list.

[quote name='paz9x']I believe it will show as a reward once you complete the survey for luigi/pokemon. you can then select the free game from the list.[/QUOTE]

Ya, it did. Thanks!

I got Star Fox since I own SML and I suck at puzzles games like Professor Layton

[quote name='stewie75']there is.[/QUOTE]

Where is it? I looked through the trading forum and didn't see any, nor in the 3ds section under Nintendo. Was hoping to get a Starfox or Super Mario 3D code for $15.

[quote name='durden26']Where is it? I looked through the trading forum and didn't see any, nor in the 3ds section under Nintendo. Was hoping to get a Starfox or Super Mario 3D code for $15.[/QUOTE]

Depending on how you view amazon credit, buy either Dark moon or pokemon mystery dungeon and lock in a trade for either game on amazon.....Dark moon gets $27 in amazon credit ($40 cost nets a post trade $13 price for a code) and Pokemon mystery dungeon gets $20.25 in credit ($35 cost nets a $14.75 price of a code) and you can play either game for a few days before you have to mail it in.

[quote name='K_G']Depending on how you view amazon credit, buy either Dark moon or pokemon mystery dungeon and lock in a trade for either game on amazon.....Dark moon gets $27 in amazon credit ($40 cost nets a post trade $13 price for a code) and Pokemon mystery dungeon gets $20.25 in credit ($35 cost nets a $14.75 price of a code) and you can play either game for a few days before you have to mail it in.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound very fun, though?

[quote name='sublime90']im really tempted to buy a 3DS XL now. Luigis mansion looks amazing plus id get 3D land for free.[/QUOTE]

Buy it and because I'm like 30 mins into dark moon and loving it and mario 3d land is outstanding.

I have a few questions that I need some answers (more opinions actually). First off, I got a 3DS XL this weekend so would most of you guys recommend I pick up Luigis Mansion which is essentially 2 games for $40 with the free DL? And if I do pick up Luigis Mansion what free game should I take between Starfox and Super Mario 3D Land? Regardless I want to pick up both eventually but If I do pick one I think I would prefer to pick the one that is least likely to get a sale.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I have a few questions that I need some answers (more opinions actually). First off, I got a 3DS XL this weekend so would most of you guys recommend I pick up Luigis Mansion which is essentially 2 games for $40 with the free DL? And if I do pick up Luigis Mansion what free game should I take between Starfox and Super Mario 3D Land? Regardless I want to pick up both eventually but If I do pick one I think I would prefer to pick the one that is least likely to get a sale.[/QUOTE]
Mario 3D

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I have a few questions that I need some answers (more opinions actually). First off, I got a 3DS XL this weekend so would most of you guys recommend I pick up Luigis Mansion which is essentially 2 games for $40 with the free DL? And if I do pick up Luigis Mansion what free game should I take between Starfox and Super Mario 3D Land? Regardless I want to pick up both eventually but If I do pick one I think I would prefer to pick the one that is least likely to get a sale.[/QUOTE]

Luigi's Mansion 2 is a very good game, so yes pick it up. As for which game to get, I would suggest Super Mario 3D Land, since Starfox has been on sale many more times.

I'd go with 3D Land. Star Fox has gone under $20 before whereas 3D Land typically stays around $30-$40.

Thanks guys. I will go ahead and pick up Luigis Mansion and choose 3D Land today using GS credit! :D

Hopefully Starfox goes on sell soon because out of the 3 that is the one I want to play so bad cause I played it for hours and hours as a kid! I love that game and cant wait to have it but I could wait.

Edit: Actually I have one more question since I am new to Nintendo handhelds since the Gameboy SP. Do I need to buy a memory card for the 3ds or does it have some internal storage space? Wondering since I dont know if I need a memory card for the DL of 3D Land.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']
Edit: Actually I have one more question since I am new to Nintendo handhelds since the Gameboy SP. Do I need to buy a memory card for the 3ds or does it have some internal storage space? Wondering since I dont know if I need a memory card for the DL of 3D Land.[/QUOTE]
Comes with an SD card
2gig in the small 3DS, 4gig in the XL

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Thanks guys. I will go ahead and pick up Luigis Mansion and choose 3D Land today using GS credit! :D

Hopefully Starfox goes on sell soon because out of the 3 that is the one I want to play so bad cause I played it for hours and hours as a kid! I love that game and cant wait to have it but I could wait.

Edit: Actually I have one more question since I am new to Nintendo handhelds since the Gameboy SP. Do I need to buy a memory card for the 3ds or does it have some internal storage space? Wondering since I dont know if I need a memory card for the DL of 3D Land.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with what everyone mentioned above with SM3DL being a superior game and value, I think you might be better served getting Starfox with this deal. You've got obvious affection for it, and I think it lends itself well to the DL format since it's so pick-up-and-play.

3D Land is a fantastic game though. You really can't go wrong.

3DS uses SD memory cards. It might have some internal storage, but not much. Assuming you bought it new, because of the thread, you should be all set.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Thanks guys. I will go ahead and pick up Luigis Mansion and choose 3D Land today using GS credit! :D

It comes with a memory card. I was surprised how little space Mario took up!

Amazon has Star Fox 3DS for $25.50. You could try that GS credit into Amazon card thing at GS if you want it sooner. But yeah, Mario holds his price well. Star Fox is the good choice to buy.

Ooo...the nostalgia!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TF5evojYA

[quote name='theflicker']While I agree with what everyone mentioned above with SM3DL being a superior game and value, I think you might be better served getting Starfox with this deal. You've got obvious affection for it, and I think it lends itself well to the DL format since it's so pick-up-and-play.

3D Land is a fantastic game though. You really can't go wrong.

3DS uses SD memory cards. It might have some internal storage, but not much. Assuming you bought it new, because of the thread, you should be all set.[/QUOTE]

I agree... super mario 3d land is a lot of fun, would be new to you, and has many cool level designs. But if you have a burning desire to play Starfox again, that may be the better immediate choice :)

The SD card with the 3DS XL is 4gb (around 30,000 blocks if i remember correctly) and enough to fit quite a few downloaded titles

I was very shocked when Mario 3D Land took up so little space! The 3D on that is insane!!!!!!!

I thought I'd be changing the card it came with quick. Nope. 4GB holds a lot on this device.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Really wish OP would add a FAQ at the beginning...

Do I have to click the offer for it to apply, or will it apply automatically after I register my system/game?[/QUOTE]

The offer came up immediately. I registered my XL then Luigi's Mansion and then the offer for a free download came up immediately.

Do you need to do the 3DS-> 3DS XL transfer of the Ambassador status and previously purchased games before you do the registration and DL of the free game? And do you have to DL all the free Ambassador games before transfer, or will they show as available for download on the new system after transferring Ambassador status?

Sorry for all the questions, but I figure you only get one shot at doing this right and I wanted to make sure I was all set before I tried it.

XL's come with 4gb sd card, which is more than enough space if all you're downloading is VC and digital only games. If you're downloading retail games too I'd imagine you'd need to upgrade eventually. Fortunately Nintendo didn't use proprietary cards so upgrading doesn't feel like rape like it does with the Vita.

I agree with others, you should get Star Fox if it's one of your favorite games. To me, the ideal digital download should be a game that you don't have any intention on selling, and are going to come back to over and over again. For me Animal Crossing is that kind of game. Maybe Pokemon as well.

[quote name='Thrinn']I'd go with 3D Land. Star Fox has gone under $20 before whereas 3D Land typically stays around $30-$40.[/QUOTE]

Plus you can find tons of people giving out star fox on cart hell i got 1 i been trying to sell brand new cart one for a year and cant cause cant get what i want for it...:p:

Enjoying the heck out of my new 3ds xl... basically picked up and played NSMB2 whenever I had a free moment, but didnt take too long to get through the game... luckily I found the bundle with MK7 with it and have played that as well as Tetris Axis, Rayman Origins, Luigi, Kid Icarus (original game 3d DL)... and have the Paper Mario game on order from gamestop... fun times ahead

[quote name='zman73']Enjoying the heck out of my new 3ds xl... basically picked up and played NSMB2 whenever I had a free moment, but didnt take too long to get through the game... luckily I found the bundle with MK7 with it and have played that as well as Tetris Axis, Rayman Origins, Luigi, Kid Icarus (original game 3d DL)... and have the Paper Mario game on order from gamestop... fun times ahead[/QUOTE]

tell you right now without the guide your going to hate paper mario... even with the guide your going to go nuts playing it

bread's done
Back