Free MAG PS3 Beta

I didn't get a code. I wish there was some kind of customer loyalty program. I have over 12,000 posts on the us.playstation.com forums and I don't even get beta invites.

[quote name='polishpride212']I didn't get a code. I wish there was some kind of customer loyalty program. I have over 12,000 posts on the us.playstation.com forums and I don't even get beta invites.[/QUOTE]

Again, get to the mag beta blog. In about 45 minutes they'll be releasing a new batch of codes. GO!

[quote name='Watchman']Again, get to the mag beta blog. In about 45 minutes they'll be releasing a new batch of codes. GO![/QUOTE]
Can you point me in that direction? (aka. link please)

NVM, I found it. I just noticed a douche bag thing on the blog.

On the side, it has a picture:
Mag_PS.com-240x145_ALL.jpg

I thought, "Nice, let me sign up". But where does it lead me to? The gamestop preorder page.

[quote name='polishpride212']NVM, I found it. I just noticed a douche bag thing on the blog.

On the side, it has a picture:
Mag_PS.com-240x145_ALL.jpg

I thought, "Nice, let me sign up". But where does it lead me to? The gamestop preorder page.[/QUOTE]

Actually they've had this offer for quite some time. The non-GS beta code offers are more of a spur-of-the-moment thing, so really it's not a bait-and-switch, but the truth.

actually, it's not 24 hrs. look VVVVVV

Welcome to the MAG Private Beta!

Zipper Interactive and SCEA would like to thank you for joining us to give MAG a thorough shake down. Please remember, this is a Beta and not representative of the final game. Visuals, gameplay, audio and product features are all a work in progress and will change/improve for the final product. Your feedback is vital to this process.

Hours of Operation:
The MAG Beta is only available during limited hours. Please log in during the times listed below to participate.

Monday through Friday
10:00am - 1:00pm PDT, 5:00pm - 8:00pm PDT

Please check the news section for further MAG information and details.

Sincerely,
The MAG team

i got this message when i downloaded the beta

[quote name='sjcarlo408']actually, it's not 24 hrs. look VVVVVV

Welcome to the MAG Private Beta!

Zipper Interactive and SCEA would like to thank you for joining us to give MAG a thorough shake down. Please remember, this is a Beta and not representative of the final game. Visuals, gameplay, audio and product features are all a work in progress and will change/improve for the final product. Your feedback is vital to this process.

Hours of Operation:
The MAG Beta is only available during limited hours. Please log in during the times listed below to participate.

Monday through Friday
10:00am - 1:00pm PDT, 5:00pm - 8:00pm PDT

Please check the news section for further MAG information and details.

Sincerely,
The MAG team

i got this message when i downloaded the beta[/QUOTE]

Wow Mines didnt say that.? Mines said the beta was up 24/7 now, but to expect random down time due to maintenance.....weird

NA its 24/7 ..... I got mine downloaded and played a couple rounds at like 4am last night.

Ill be honest, I was soo looking forward to MAG alot....but graphic wise it was kinda a big let down and it just really seemed last gen-ish. Hopefully the gameplay will mak eup for that

[quote name='bruticus']NA its 24/7 ..... I got mine downloaded and played a couple rounds at like 4am last night.

Ill be honest, I was soo looking forward to MAG alot....but graphic wise it was kinda a big let down and it just really seemed last gen-ish. Hopefully the gameplay will mak eup for that[/QUOTE]

This.... quite frankly it looks terrible... hopefully it makes up for it in the gameplay but even that so far is a toss up.. but hey I played one round so it could get better.

I had MAG (because I work for GameStop) since day 1 and the game just plain sucks. The gameplay is quite boring, not much action, people just want to kill one another without trying to accomplish the objectives... blah.

I bought a beta code way back when it was really limited play times and such and I really didn't like the game that much. Hopefully it'll be better by the time it releases or i'll skip it all together. I need to check it out again and see what all these updates did.

I must be a CoD whore now because I tried BF:BC2 beta on PS3 and it's not that great either. I LOVED BF Modern Combat and the 1943 arcade game and yea was disappointed hugely with the beta. Oh well at least I have CoD but I'd like to have a shooter involving vehicles as well...

[quote name='chuckywang']What the hell kind of game has a 250mb download followed by a 1.8gb update?[/QUOTE]

It's beta code...

The final game will ship on a disc. The files you'll need (aside from patches) will be on the disc.

This game is awful. If you didn't get a code, don't be sad about it. Just a few things right off the bat:

- Graphics suck
- Gameplay is boring and too convoluted
- You have to go in a Queue to get in a game and wait like 5+ minutes sometimes. This is ridiculous and will turn off the casual crowd immediately. I just wanna jump in and play.
- To throw a grenade, you have to switch to it first...so two buttons just to throw a nade.
- When going into ironsight/zoom, there is no animation of the gun going into that view. It just pops right into it...looks really cheap and last-gen.
- Gunplay is average, run-of-the-mill stuff.
- Sound effects are poorly done. The guns, especially, sound really weak. They also have no weight to them.

Mediocre game in every way. Stick with MW2 and the upcoming BFBC2 for your shooter fix.

Yeah....I expected more from Zipper. I will give it a try again to give it a fair shot but it is very mediocre. I think Zipper was assuming the large number of people in a single battle would sell the game and didnt really worry about making the game good. The queue thing is absurd. I literally said "SERIOUSLY?" out loud. The graphics are very sub par and the gameplay mechanics are anything but polished.

I'm getting a "This content cannot currently be used on this system. This content will be available for use after 24hours have passed from the time it was used on another PS3 System." error.

Did they give out the same codes multiple times?

[quote name='cRodz']dont care if the demo sucks or not..is a demo

after all..
a demo always represents the word..fr.fre..fre..freee.[/QUOTE]

Well, technically, it is a beta. Second, the beta/"demo" is supposed to convince you to buy the full game. MAG fails at doing that. Now, I don't know if you played PS2 back in Socom 2/3 days, but the betas were always very close to the final product.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Well, technically, it is a beta. Second, the beta/"demo" is supposed to convince you to buy the full game. MAG fails at doing that. Now, I don't know if you played PS2 back in Socom 2/3 days, but the betas were always very close to the final product.[/QUOTE]

Betas aren't meant to convince you to buy the game. It's mean to get feedback from gamers, see how well the servers handle the traffic, and so forth, and make improvements wherever possible. Demos are usually meant to try out a game, not betas. And no, they're not the same thing. We don't even know what build we're playing right now. It could be an early one for all we know.

I played this a few times and blah, It's not even close to being the game I hoped for. I can see this game being $20 right after release LOL. It doesn't matter if you can get a 1000 players in a room without lag if the core game around it is terrible. This should have came out 2 years ago and even then it would have been a so-so game:roll:

[quote name='ssjmichael']Betas aren't meant to convince you to buy the game. It's mean to get feedback from gamers, see how well the servers handle the traffic, and so forth, and make improvements wherever possible. Demos are usually meant to try out a game, not betas. And no, they're not the same thing. We don't even know what build we're playing right now. It could be an early one for all we know.[/QUOTE]

Precisely. A demo is part of a retail game, given to whet the appetite. A beta is a focused concept (an alpha just being a rough concept) in which user feedback can alter how the final product will look.

Yeah, its a beta, but name a recent console beta that differed much if at all from the final product. I played betas for COD4:MW, Halo 3, Uncharted 2, SOCOM and a few others and the final product was almost identical.

i love the BF:BC2 beta. they said it was very early build so LOTS of things could be changed in 4 months. this is like a month & a half from release? zipper doesnt seem 2 have that same opportunity. havent played yet, but very disappointing 2 see so many ppl dislike it. im a graphics whore so i prob wont think any better of it (cuz CoD isnt my thing. i like kz2 & more deliberate FPS, not twitchy, so well see). just disappointing that socom fans couldve had something in that series instead of a new IP w terrible graphics(which is prob the only way 2 keep framerate decent w that many players).

[quote name='COOKIE_MONSTA']This game is awful. If you didn't get a code, don't be sad about it. Just a few things right off the bat:

- Graphics suck
- Gameplay is boring and too convoluted
- You have to go in a Queue to get in a game and wait like 5+ minutes sometimes. This is ridiculous and will turn off the casual crowd immediately. I just wanna jump in and play.
- To throw a grenade, you have to switch to it first...so two buttons just to throw a nade.
- When going into ironsight/zoom, there is no animation of the gun going into that view. It just pops right into it...looks really cheap and last-gen.
- Gunplay is average, run-of-the-mill stuff.
- Sound effects are poorly done. The guns, especially, sound really weak. They also have no weight to them.

Mediocre game in every way. Stick with MW2 and the upcoming BFBC2 for your shooter fix.[/QUOTE]

Took me over 2+ hours to download this game, I can honestly say it looks like something from Last gen. After playing MW2 and Bad Company 2 this game is horrible.

Gave me a headache, I would not buy it for $1, heck they could give it to me for free and I wouldn't even take it. By far the ugliest and worst playing fps EVER. Horrible horrible game

Sweet, there still giving out beta codes.. I just got one. Now for the 2+ hours of downloading updates! Can't wait to see what all the fuss (negative ofcourse) is about lol... Thanks OP!

It took me an hour to download the beta and 5-10 minutes of play time on it. Then I went straight back to BFBC2 beta.

I really hope this beta does not represent the final product for their own sake.

The game is in beta, but I don't find it fun. Was in the beta since mid September I think. Its ok, but I see nothing special. They boast 256 players on one map. But you are all spread out fighting on different parts of the map. You are only fighting against the enemy squads in your area. Zipper should of stuck with Socom instead of having Slant Six make the last one.

This game is ass. The graphics are so bad you can't even see the enemies if they're not right on you and the shooting is inaccurate and just not fun. It wouldn't be so bad if this was a Christmas '10 or even a 2011 game, but if it's no further along than this it won't be on my list. Thanks for the code tip though, OP.

Everybody is shooting it down but thanks for the code OP. I've been looking forward to this game and now I've got a chance to check it out... though the outlook is scaring me right about now.

But still, thanks!

Big ups to OP, grabbed my code a couple days ago.

As for the game all I can say is wow. As in what were they thinking with this game. Maybe it's because I've been a predominate console gamer for most of my life and enjoy a tight, controlled multiplayer experience. I felt like I was shooting an airsoft gun and the bullets would sometimes hit my opponent or not. It seemed like the game was also very unbalance toward the attacking team. Obviously it is a beta but the game is coming out in January so I'd think that a lot of this is just how the game is.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Big ups to OP, grabbed my code a couple days ago.

As for the game all I can say is wow. As in what were they thinking with this game. Maybe it's because I've been a predominate console gamer for most of my life and enjoy a tight, controlled multiplayer experience. I felt like I was shooting an airsoft gun and the bullets would sometimes hit my opponent or not. It seemed like the game was also very unbalance toward the attacking team. Obviously it is a beta but the game is coming out in January so I'd think that a lot of this is just how the game is.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. You really need a foregrip and upgraded scope. It makes a huge difference.

bread's done
Back