Free MAG PS3 Beta

[quote name='kirkblitz']nor is it suppose to be like the 2 above games.[/QUOTE]

Really?.... military people with guns shooting each other while capturing objectives... :applause:

Sounds the same to me.

[quote name='Kenrik']Really?.... military people with guns shooting each other while capturing objectives... :applause:

Sounds the same to me.[/QUOTE]

So if I said there's two racing games with competitive career modes, multiple race tracks and so forth, would you conclude from those general similarities that Burnout Paradise and Gran Turismo are the same? Zipper games have always been more hardcore compared to games like Call of Duty. I'm not saying MAG is a sim, but it's look a lot more tactical and less arcadey than Modern Warfare.

Love this game. I played MW2 multiplayer and immediately quit because of the unfair nukes and how fragile your char seems. I didnt play in BF2 beta because the beta wouldnt connect and i never even heard of battlefield bad company before so it wasn't worth it. MAG beta may not be as good as killzone 2, but this is still beta. I'll purchase mag on the first day. Hell, I may go out of my way to get it early.

I honestly thought I was gonna hate MAG, but it's really good. And the "bad" graphics are because it hosts 256 player games. MW2 can have awesome graphics with its 18 player matches. You program a game with MW2 graphics and 256 player online and then show me. kthnxbai

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']Love this game. I played MW2 multiplayer and immediately quit because of the unfair nukes and how fragile your char seems. I didnt play in BF2 beta because the beta wouldnt connect and i never even heard of battlefield bad company before so it wasn't worth it. MAG beta may not be as good as killzone 2, but this is still beta. I'll purchase mag on the first day. Hell, I may go out of my way to get it early.

I honestly thought I was gonna hate MAG, but it's really good. And the "bad" graphics are because it hosts 256 player games. MW2 can have awesome graphics with its 18 player matches. You program a game with MW2 graphics and 256 player online and then show me. kthnxbai[/QUOTE]

I would rather be able to see the enemy 10 feet in front of me rather than have 100+ of them that I will never fight anyways.

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']Love this game. I played MW2 multiplayer and immediately quit because of the unfair nukes and how fragile your char seems. I didnt play in BF2 beta because the beta wouldnt connect and i never even heard of battlefield bad company before so it wasn't worth it. MAG beta may not be as good as killzone 2, but this is still beta. I'll purchase mag on the first day. Hell, I may go out of my way to get it early.

I honestly thought I was gonna hate MAG, but it's really good. And the "bad" graphics are because it hosts 256 player games. MW2 can have awesome graphics with its 18 player matches. You program a game with MW2 graphics and 256 player online and then show me. kthnxbai[/QUOTE]

:roll:

How much are the Devs paying you for this post. The masses have spoken this game will fail.

[quote name='tears2040']:roll:

How much are the Devs paying you for this post. The masses have spoken this game will fail.[/QUOTE]
I was kind of wondering the same thing... first positive thing I've seen written on the game to be honest.

Cag isn't the masses. And I'm just voicing my honest opinion. And honestly the graphics arguments are so stupid considering what the game does.

It could be I latched onto the first thing I played after MW2 MP let me down.

I really enjoy this game, Idk why people are bitching so much about it. I've been in it since the first beta, and each update the graphics keep getting better along with everything else. After playing all the other shooters, I keep coming back to MAG. I also like that it doesn't have so much aim assist that CoD is known for.

Maybe the CAG community doesn't enjoy it, but there is a pretty good MAG following already just to be in beta. Always were at least 1,500 on in the Qore edition of the beta and it was only on certain hours of the day.

...and yes I have MW2, I have Killzone 2, I have the BF:BC2 beta. none of them hold my interest like MAG. I like the large scale, I like the objectives, I like being a commander. This game is more about working together and communicating with your teammates, and that's what I truly enjoy...oh yea SVER owns all.

You dont lose anything by entering the free MAG beta. In fact im saving money by not buying this horrible game :) Bad Company 2 is just so much betten than mw2 and MAG combined.

I've been addicted ever since getting the key (thanks to this thread). Absolutely love the game, thank you again OP.

I actually am really into this game. I can see how the graphics may deter you, but really they aren't as bad as most people say they are. 256 player Domination matches are a sight to behold, especially if your squad is actually talking to each other. I don't see any other game that does this type of scale with such finesse.

I'll tell you guys one thing, the game is taking a loooooong time to do the "receiving updates" thing. I expect to be waiting until X-Mas for it to finish, I assume its because of the mass of the game.

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']Cag isn't the masses. And I'm just voicing my honest opinion. And honestly the graphics arguments are so stupid considering what the game does.

It could be I latched onto the first thing I played after MW2 MP let me down.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you there.

fuck!! :bomb: Just bought a ps3 bundle on black Friday.

So I just signed up on PlayStation.com today and got this message: "if you're a newly registered PSN users, it takes 48 hours for your information to be updated in our systems. Please try again later."

If anyone could help out a fellow cag and pm me a beta code it would be very much appreciated. They probably give out one code per account so if anyone doesn't want one and is feeling especially generous today pm me.

Sweet! I've had my friends bugging me about this one for a while but couldn't get it before. THANKS!

Until sony ships headsets with systems..........I dont see the point. A couple hundred players and only 20 with a mic. I keep shouting to my teammate only to realize I have my xbox mic on.

[quote name='SmartassConsumer']fuck!! :bomb: Just bought a ps3 bundle on black Friday.

So I just signed up on PlayStation.com today and got this message: "if you're a newly registered PSN users, it takes 48 hours for your information to be updated in our systems. Please try again later."

If anyone could help out a fellow cag and pm me a beta code it would be very much appreciated. They probably give out one code per account so if anyone doesn't want one and is feeling especially generous today pm me.[/QUOTE]

no one can give u a beta becuase you can only download the beta if you redeem if from your PSN account.

BTW guys, the beta ends in the beginning of December. I heard its Dec. 5.

Anyway, like the game. The graphics are indeed bad, but I kinda got used to them. Don't like Raven though, as their weapons are horrible. Takes 40 flush rounds to kill a Sevr soldier. Oh, and one last thing, sniping is hard! :lol: Takes 3 shots to kill somebody? Going to be switching to Sevr here on my next turn-on, seeing how that is.

It is free though, and I do think this has a lot of potential. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back