Free Mass Effect 3 DLC with book purchase at Barnes & Noble.com

markarubin

CAG Veteran
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/container/stores.asp?PID=41929

"From 1/23/12 - 2/20/12, when you pre-order a copy of The Art of Mass Effect Universe, you will receive a code to download extra game content for Mass Effect 3. This will include the collector's rifle, among other cool content to beat out your opponents."

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/nav.asp?PID=42257

The Art of Mass Effect Universe Preorder Offer Details::

When you pre-order The Art of Mass Effect Universe (ISBN: 1595827684), you will get a unique code to download game extras from Bioware.com to use in the game Mass Effect 3. Offer is valid from January 23, 2012 and ends February 20, 2012 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time, while supplies last.

This offer is only valid on pre-order purchases of the following item:

The Art of Mass Effect Universe (ISBN: 1595827684).

After you have placed your pre-order purchase of The Art of Mass Effect Universe, you will receive via email one (1) unique code for use to download extra game content no later than March 8th, 2012. Your code will be emailed to the email address associated with your Barnes & Noble account. Instructions for how to redeem extra game content on Bioware.com will be included in a follow-up email sent no later than March 8th, 2012. Shipping and handling charges may apply to your pre-order purchase of The Art of Mass Effect Universe.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for pre-order purchases of any other product other than the above The Art of Mass Effect Universe; (iv) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotion or with the Educator program discount ; (v) not valid on applicable sales tax, or shipping or handling expenses, (vi) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.)and (vii) not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. BN.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. Void where prohibited by law.

UPDATE: The DLC from this offer is ONLY available on PC and 360, NOT on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Well that pretty much tells me everything I need to know...

Also the Collector's Rifle (the DLC provided) was they go to rifle in ME2. It was far better than even the unique one you could get via upgrade 'mid game' if your character was already skilled with Assault Rifles.[/QUOTE]It was the go-to rifle until the Mattock rifle showed up in the Firepower pack, which again, was DLC.

[quote name='Slermy']Just FYI, the GameStop DLC was never released as a later DLC.[/QUOTE]
But was easily gotten here or Amazon forums. I got mine for free from someone on Amazon after passing up MANY offers to trade/buy it here.

The Inferno armor was dlc (Amazon), though. Ps3 ME2 got Collector's armor/weapon, The Dr Pepper visors and the GS preorder (Terminus weapon & armor) stuff free for a bit.

Really people were giving/trading it away? I never knew. That black hole generator looked like so much fun. :(

I just got the package from Barnes and Noble today. It's a decent sized book. Well made and the content looks good too. I've never purchase any of the previous "art of" books, so I was really looking forward to this one. The extra in game content was just a bonus. Now it's just a matter of time to receive the DLC code. Although they said it could arrive by March 8th at the latest. It might be awhile.

I actually just discovered that i had both the gamestop and the collectors edition items for ME2...they still worked for redeeming too! sweet.

[quote name='shrike4242']It was the go-to rifle until the Mattock rifle showed up in the Firepower pack, which again, was DLC.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to take your word for it... I never got any of the post release DLC weapons but if those weapons do carry over (in any capacity) to ME3 I could be tempted to pick them up after all.

Anyhow, just got around to 'preordering' this... Glad to hear its shipping already but I'll likely be avoiding it till I finish ME3. (I'm pretty much in no spoiler mode now.)

Just got my book in the mail today. Unfortunately (for me), it duplicates a lot of the content from the first Mass Effect art book but I'm still glad I purchased it.

Anyone get their DLC code yet?

[quote name='jamezuva']Just got my book in the mail today. Unfortunately (for me), it duplicates a lot of the content from the first Mass Effect art book but I'm still glad I purchased it.

Anyone get their DLC code yet?[/QUOTE]

Lame! I have the first art book as well and was hoping it wouldn't have any duplicate content. Oh well, mine should be here tomorrow and I am sure I will still love it.

And to actually answer your question, no I have not received the code yet.

I ordered the book and got an email saying it shipped but no where in my order or the email confirmation did it mention the DLC. Should I be worried or did I overlook it? How exactly am I going to get the DLC? Once the book arrives?

[quote name='Setherial']I ordered the book and got an email saying it shipped but no where in my order or the email confirmation did it mention the DLC. Should I be worried or did I overlook it? How exactly am I going to get the DLC? Once the book arrives?[/QUOTE]

Same, offer says you get a email before March 8th so it will get their they will probably have a "Mass" email... lol

Anyways I just wanted to let everyone know that didn't already Barnes and Nobles is part of the same company as GameStop... So they get special Pre-Order stuff...

BTW, just be careful if you get this book and start thumbing through the ME3 section. There is a potential final boss spoiler in there. I didn't mind when I came across it but just giving out a heads up to people who do.

[quote name='RawrrSlayer']Used U7K4X3B on the last page before checkout and saved 20%.[/QUOTE]
Had a b!tch of a time finding something for $4'ish to bring the shopping cart back over $25 for free shipping (after applying that coupon code above), but then noticed "kids" movies are 50% off this President's Day weekend (in the USA). This included the "Shrek - The Whole Story" blu-ray set @ $38.49 ($9 cheaper than Amazon), and Rawrr's coupon code above trimmed off another $7.70 that item, so I'm pretty happy even though I spent WAYYY than I intended for an art book. ;)

BTW, I've also found coupon code "A8N7K7X" which will supposedly take 15% off another order, since the 20% code is "limit one" per BN.com account or billing address.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Lame! I have the first art book as well and was hoping it wouldn't have any duplicate content. Oh well, mine should be here tomorrow and I am sure I will still love it. And to actually answer your question, no I have not received the code yet.[/QUOTE]
Check "used" prices for that 1st art-book ... you might be surprised how much you can get for it. :D

[quote name='WebScud']It also looks like you get the same DLC with Mass Effect Razer products: http://www.razerzone.com/me3[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many people are gonna be happy they get the collector armor with this book, or all pissed off it wasnt something else better instead?

I go my copy the other day and its pretty much going back first thing on Monday.

It seriously looks like someone threw the book corner first into a brick wall... Just horrible packing.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I go my copy the other day and its pretty much going back first thing on Monday.

It seriously looks like someone threw the book corner first into a brick wall... Just horrible packing.[/QUOTE]

Although my book arrived in new condition (amazingly), the box that they shipped it in was torn to pieces like someone took a knife to it. I've also never seen a poorer excuse of a "tape" job either. Last I checked, you aren't supposed to have a half a foot of empty space with no bubble wrap between the product and the outside of the box!

[quote name='Hoffy']Although my book arrived in new condition (amazingly), the box that they shipped it in was torn to pieces like someone took a knife to it. I've also never seen a poorer excuse of a "tape" job either. Last I checked, you aren't supposed to have a half a foot of empty space with no bubble wrap between the product and the outside of the box![/QUOTE]
Mine had large "air bags". It didn't wiggle or anything despite the size of the box. And the box it came it didn't have a scratch. Mine was shipped UPS.

[quote name='Hoffy']Although my book arrived in new condition (amazingly), the box that they shipped it in was torn to pieces like someone took a knife to it. I've also never seen a poorer excuse of a "tape" job either. Last I checked, you aren't supposed to have a half a foot of empty space with no bubble wrap between the product and the outside of the box![/QUOTE]

Yup... I think I learned my lesson and will just order from Amazon from hear on out. (Hell, I might just return it (instead of trying for an exchange) and tell them “I'll just order it from Amazon this time.”

Did anyone get the DLC that was supposed to be in this? I didn't, and I had it pre-ordered since June of last year.

email i got from barnes and nobles
"Please be advised that you will receive one (1) unique code for use to
download extra game content no later than 03/08/2012. Your code will be
emailed to the email address associated with your Barnes & Noble
account. Download codes are only valid for PC and Xbox 360 platforms."

well i got my book today and its not sealed at all on top it looks like someone smashed the top half with a freaking hammer. not happy one bit at all.

[quote name='mowmow']email i got from barnes and nobles
"Please be advised that you will receive one (1) unique code for use to
download extra game content no later than 03/08/2012. Your code will be
emailed to the email address associated with your Barnes & Noble
account. Download codes are only valid for PC and Xbox 360 platforms."[/QUOTE]

Yikes!! I got no such email!!

@voltan its because i emailed them asking when my book would be shipped. Apparently they thought I was talking about the dlc code

[quote name='mowmow']@voltan its because i emailed them asking when my book would be shipped. Apparently they thought I was talking about the dlc code[/QUOTE]

Ahh, ok. I feel a little better now. Thanks for the reply!

[quote name='VOLTAN']Did anyone get the DLC that was supposed to be in this? I didn't, and I had it pre-ordered since June of last year.[/QUOTE]

If you read the fine print, the dlc was only being giving out to those that pre-ordered from 1/23 through 2/20. It said nothing about being applied to orders placed before that time.

The Art of Mass Effect Universe Offer Details::

When you order The Art of Mass Effect Universe (ISBN: 1595827684), you will get a unique code to download game extras from Bioware.com to use in the game Mass Effect 3. Offer is valid from January 23, 2012 and ends February 20, 2012 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time, while supplies last.

I ordered and recieved my book in that window of time, no email from B&N yet. Book arrived USPS and packaged well...

Edit: the corners a bit smashed but not to the point where I would send it back since I use art books for inspiration often. Still no email or reply from CS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Youngnoble']If you read the fine print, the dlc was only being giving out to those that pre-ordered from 1/23 through 2/20. It said nothing about being applied to orders placed before that time.

The Art of Mass Effect Universe Offer Details::

When you order The Art of Mass Effect Universe (ISBN: 1595827684), you will get a unique code to download game extras from Bioware.com to use in the game Mass Effect 3. Offer is valid from January 23, 2012 and ends February 20, 2012 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time, while supplies last.[/QUOTE]

I did actually read that, but I still think those that ordered BEFORE that window should be included in the DLC deal. Pain in the rear to cancel my order from 6 months+ ago and re-pre-order. At least that's what I'll be telling customer service on the 6th. Wish me luck.

Yeah I don't like redeeming a code that gives Unknown Item, and it isn't listed in my promo content. Hoping things are messed up and will work itself out come launch.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just got my code in the mail but I have no idea what it's for. Hopefully it shows up when I get the game[/QUOTE]

Same

[quote name='dogmae']No code yet for me. What was the subject of the email with it?[/QUOTE]

'Thanks for Ordering The Art of The Mass Effect Universe - Exclusive Code Inside'

It is pretty descriptive, haha I doubt you will miss it.

Got mine at 12:45p PST on Friday, March 2nd. When you try to redeem, you get "Code succesfully redeemed. Your unlocked content: unrecognized item."

Tons of whining in the BioWare forums about what they actually got (note, it's the Collector's Edition Assault Rifle good ONLY in multiplayer), but here's the best info there so far, indicating that the code will show up correctly in your BioWare persona's "registered game content" sometime over the weekend ... http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/344/index/9584474#9586517

I haven't gotten mine yet. I am getting the sinking feeling bn.com is gonna screw me on this one.

Make sure to check your spam folder for the code if you haven't got it yet, for some reason it was marked as spam for me.

[quote name='Jon7']Make sure to check your spam folder for the code if you haven't got it yet, for some reason it was marked as spam for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here.

Nope, not is spam either. I contacted customer service and they told me there was nothing they could do. When pressed they asked I wait 24 hours. Ugh.

Heard back from "Elmo" from B&N customer service, basically said that they have until 3/8 to deliver the code, so don't bother complaining again until then.

i thought it was a collector's rifle for single player...I'm actually glad it's for MP only.

though I'm hoping it's not something anyone can unlock through veteran packs since that would just take a lot of the cool/exlusive out of it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Heard back from "Elmo" from B&N customer service, basically said that they have until 3/8 to deliver the code, so don't bother complaining again until then.[/QUOTE]
Not sure if it matters much but I haven't gotten my code either.... Though at this point I'm not sure if I'll be getting it since their packing job was so horrible that it went back to the local store as damaged.

(And I only got two options, order a new copy and have it delivered to their store or a refund I just chose the refund.)

bread's done
Back