Free Metroid Prime 2 demo disc ...

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Not sure if this is the correct forum but you can get the Metroid Prime 2 demo disc if you subscribe to Nintendo Power, or register 5 games plus your Nintendo Gamecube. Alternatively, you can get the demo disc by buying the Nintendo Gamecube Metroid Prime package for $99.99, which includes Metroid Prime plus the bonus disc that contains the MP2 demo, two trailers, gallery and a history of the Metroid series.

http://www.nintendopower.com/metroidprime2/

Anyone want to share a couple of registration codes?

That's a sadly expensive way of getting a demo methinks. And Nintendo Power is just trash these days.. I got the sub. to get the Zelda disc and have yet to enjoy a page of a single issue.

Nintendo Power just sucks Nintendo's dick throughout the whole mag. They don't give any really bad scores, even when the games are shitty. The whole mag is an advertisement for
Nintendo.

[quote name='kaji7p56']Nintendo Power just sucks Nintendo's dick throughout the whole mag. They don't give any really bad scores, even when the games are shitty. The whole mag is an advertisement for
Nintendo.[/quote]

It's a magazine from Nintendo, what did you expect, really? You want them to lose customers and spend money and time covering other consoles?

These are all the games on Nintendos site that u can register. I have 3 already. If its any of these 5 games I can prob get codes from friends. I dont see it as being that bad.

Editted
Pokémon Colosseum
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Mario Party 5
Classic NES Series: Bomberman
Classic NES Series: Excitebike
Classic NES Series: Ice Climber
Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros.
Classic NES Series: The Legend of Zelda
Classic NES Series: Xevious
Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong
Classic NES Series: Pac-Man
Custom Robo
Legend of Zelda, The: Four Swords Adventures
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Metroid: Zero Mission
GBA Video: Pokémon - For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll!
GBA Video: Pokémon - Johto Photo Finish
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games
1080 Avalanche
Mario and Luigi
Mario Kart

sorry for the double post. And yeah, I know Nintendo owns it, but I hate how they try tp pass themselves off as independent.

5 games does seem like a lot. Especially when Sony is always sending out demos for free to it's Playstation Underground members.

Nice to see Nintendo is offering playable demos though.

[quote name='kaji7p56']Nintendo Power just sucks Nintendo's dick throughout the whole mag. They don't give any really bad scores, even when the games are shitty. The whole mag is an advertisement for
Nintendo.[/quote]

they have given alot of games bad scores, just not nintendo developed ones.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']These are all the games on Nintendos site that u can register. I have 3 already. If its any of these 5 games I can prob get codes from friends. I dont see it as being that bad.

Pokémon Colosseum
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Mario Party 5
Classic NES Series: Bomberman
Classic NES Series: Excitebike
Classic NES Series: Ice Climber
Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros.
Classic NES Series: The Legend of Zelda
Classic NES Series: Xevious
Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong
Classic NES Series: Pac-Man
Custom Robo
Legend of Zelda, The: Four Swords Adventures
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
Metroid: Zero Mission
GBA Video: Pokémon - For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll!
GBA Video: Pokémon - Johto Photo Finish
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games[/quote]

I was able to register my 1080 Avalanche on Nintendo website so add it to the list.

w00t, i JUST got mine.... i had 1080 avalanche, wario ware, and mario golf were all sitting on my desk and they can all be registered, plus my GC and the 2 games i had already put in for the promo disk for zelda!

[quote name='Wario64']Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi should have codes too...as well as Avalanche 1080[/quote]

Beat me to the punch...doh !!

Although it says I have 14 games registered, I actually have another 6 games to register there. Damn, I wish I could get 5 of these out of this--I even have 2 Gamecubes (1 isn't reegistered) :/

If you guys want to read a great history on Nintendo Power you should read David Sheff's Game Over. In his book, Sheff documents that Nintendo Power was originally used as way of making or breaking a game since the mag was the most read gaming mag for a long time when it debuted. Nintendo used put threaten developers with bad review scores if they didn't comply with Nintendo's unnofficial rules, like only releasing games on Nintendo's platform and not any competitors. Now that the mag is nowhere near its original popularity (think Michael Jackson) its amazing to see how pathetic they still are. kaji7p56 hit the nail on the head - they don't care about making a good magazine. Nintendo Power is just a catalogue for Nintendo games, even if they suck total ass.

damn i need one more, i already registered 1080, mario dd, ff cc, and mario party 5. I had the gba game legend of zelda classics, but traded it and never registered it. I wish i could register my tales of symphonia. That is going to be the game of the year sheesh.

I ordered mine too. Had 5 games and my GC already registered. Was a simple process of logging in and requesting one.

Finally, a reason to register my stuff on Nintendo's site

[quote name='Wario64']Querjek, mind giving me a couple registration codes if you already have enough games? :p[/quote]

if you have any left over, could i get one too plz?

I already qualified

From Nintendo...

"Welcome back!

You have qualified for the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc offer, and we have already reserved your copy.

Shipping will begin on or after August 20, 2004. Please allow up to two weeks for delivery.

You will receive an email when your disc has shipped. To help ensure delivery, make sure your address information is current in your My Nintendo profile."

Sorry, guys, but I'm a greedy bastard when it comes to codes, and I don't want to give any of my own out. If I get any, I tend to give them away in the trading forum. I actually don't own all of the games, either, but a friend here on CAG has gotten me extra codes (And I've sent him actual stuff for them).

[quote name='Querjek']Sorry, guys, but I'm a greedy bastard when it comes to codes, and I don't want to give any of my own out. If I get any, I tend to give them away in the trading forum. I actually don't own all of the games, either, but a friend here on CAG has gotten me extra codes (And I've sent him actualy games for them).[/quote]

You're not the only greedy bastard.. :wink:

i have an extra code for maio kart dd, the first person to PM asking for it will get it, i need one that is NOT mario party 5, ffcc, mario kart dd, or 1080 avalanche.

[quote name='dracula']i have an extra code for maio kart dd, the first person to PM asking for it will get it, i need one that is NOT mario party 5, ffcc, mario kart dd, or 1080 avalanche.[/quote]

Sent.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']do u think u could register the same game twice if u have a dif copy with a different code[/quote]

nope that doesnt work, that is why the mario kart dd code is no use to me. I need one code that is NOT one of these: mario kart dd, ff cc, mario party 5, or 1080 avalanche. any of those would turn the trick.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']do u think u could register the same game twice if u have a dif copy with a different code[/quote]
Nope, it won't work.

I have an extra 1080 back at home, I have MK:DD, Mario And Luigi, and a dif 1080 registered. I would be willin to trade codes with someone who needs 1080 and has any of the games besides the 3 of mine already registered

I already qualified for this deal. I signed up to get the Zelda Collectors disc a while back. Now I get a Metroid Prime disc for just logging in with all the games I registered already. Finally Nintendo is starting to release some demos. Here is hope for a new Zelda Demo!

Tales of Symphonia is the Goods too!
If you didn't know, now you know!
Pick it up!

Question:

Do they have a no double-dipping policy with this kind of thing? Meaning, for the next promotion, you'd have to have codes registered from games different from the codes already used to get a promotion?

yeah tales symphonia is my current fave game. BTW, that mario kart code is GONE. i may pick up more later today when i go to gamerush and clean out the new gamerush stores. :lol:

If you need codes couldn't you just visit your local video stores and copy them from a game on the shelf they usally have the paperwork in them

[quote name='dutch72']If you need codes couldn't you just visit your local video stores and copy them from a game on the shelf they usally have the paperwork in them[/quote]

my stores usually just throw those codes out actually. The codes can only be used once of course, so if someone already rented the game and registered the code, you are out of luck.

[quote name='snipegod']Question:

Do they have a no double-dipping policy with this kind of thing? Meaning, for the next promotion, you'd have to have codes registered from games different from the codes already used to get a promotion?[/quote]

You can still use this toward the next promotion because my codes from the zelda promotional are still valid toward this promotion. They did however require 5 games registered rather than 3.

[quote name='dutch72']If you need codes couldn't you just visit your local video stores and copy them from a game on the shelf they usally have the paperwork in them[/quote]

That's my plan, my video store only ever takes out the instruction manual, so they will still have the codes on the shelf.

[quote name='dutch72']Just got mine ships after August 20.. Thanks for the heads up[/quote]

I have 7 games and my GameCube registered. How do I go about getting the MP preview disk?

I ordered my disc. I had 6 games registered.

Anyways, I like Nintendo Power. I don't go to them for News or reviews, I go to EGM for that. But what other gaming mags dont have is what I buy NP for: Strategy. Its like mini-excerpts from some of their games. I know I could could just go to GameFAQs, but having a map right there is so much better. That's why I like Nintendo Power.

bread's done
Back