Free Minecraft for 360

[quote name='Andami']Noon? Most people will be in school or at work then :/[/QUOTE]

"Before noon" on May 10 could be any time from 12AM to 12PM.

[quote name='o2012o']So this is happening at midnight pst?[/QUOTE]

"Keep your eyes on your Rewards Dashboard May 10 before noon (PDT) to catch the reward when it goes live. "

This makes me think it might go out in waves, like some people might get it before others. Either way, I'm going to see the avengers at noon so I'm probably going to miss out :/

If anyone gets a spare code for free, pm me and we could maybe work out a trade of some sort.

[quote name='xenozfan2']I'm mad at raptor. I plated skyrm and it still hasn't updated. How long does it usually take? I did it 3 days ago.[/QUOTE]

Were you connected to the internet on what ever console you were playing?

It usually takes about an hour, it will rarely if ever take a day.

Minecraft, eh?

Not my type o game but the woman that i loves may like it. If it is anything like the Kefling games, time for me to get a 2nd 360.

Happy Minecraft Hunting

I was wondering if it would go live at midnight PST too, but apparently not. I don't even think I have any tracked stats for Minecraft or Terraria or any like games, which sucks. The only recent one I have is Sine Mora...

from the raptor facebook page:

New Minecraft Reward 5/10 Folks,

Tomorrow, there will be a new reward on the Raptr website; we'll be giving away 2500 copies of Minecraft (XBLA). Ever since this was announced, we've been inundated with requests for more information. We wanted to put up a quick post explaining the reward, and what we can reveal about the qualifications you'll need to earn it.

First of all, we want to be extremely honest. We have over 12 million current users, and more are signing up by the hour. With only 2500 copies of Minecraft to give away as rewards, these will go incredibly fast. Our rewards system is truly a 'first come, first served' type of system, and even if you earned a reward, if we run out of Minecraft codes before you have a chance to claim it on our site, you will have missed your opportunity. This is one of the main reasons we're encouraging users who are truly interested in this reward to keep a close eye on the rewards page. Once these codes are exhausted, there are no more. In the future we will of course strive to get larger pools of rewards, but given what this reward is, we were excited to be able to give away any, much less 2500 copies!

For those of you who already do check the rewards page, you'll notice a shiny new orange button at the top right of the 'eligible' tab that says 'Check My Rewards'. Pressing this button will process your account and enable any new rewards you've earned. When new rewards are released, if you think you are qualified, but don't see a claim button, you can click the 'Check My Rewards' button to re-validate your account and check for new rewards.

The things that you will need to do to earn this reward and claim it:

*You will need a Raptr account

*You will need a valid active Facebook account connected to your Raptr account, you can set this up here: http://raptr.com/account/sharing
(though you don't need this to 'earn' the reward, you will need this on your account before you can claim the reward).

*You will need to be someone who loves games like Minecraft. What does this mean? While we don't want to spoil every qualifier, this reward is geared towards the dedicated gamer who's attained a certain rank in either Minecraft for PC (tracked via the Raptr PC desktop app), recent XBLA games, or Minecraft-like games. (More details on this qualification will be released when the reward goes live tomorrow morning).

*You will need to be from a country or region which has Xbox Live Service and have an XB Live account to redeem the Minecraft code. (complete list here: http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/live/countries)

You should be checking our rewards page at: http://raptr.com/dashboard/rewards during the morning (before noon) Pacific Daylight Time (PDT is GMT-7:00) tomorrow, 5/10. If you rely on emails to alert you, you could miss your opportunity for this reward.

Our goal with this rewards program is to reward people for playing games. We don't want you to play massively long sessions or play a certain way, we just want you to play
smile.gif
Our focus is to reward the gamers who constantly play, and maintain their rank and reputation in our community. If your goal is to quickly sign up and get a certain reward, it might be a bit tougher than you think. If you build up your account, add your gamertags, social media accounts and play the games you normally would, you'll soon be getting rewards alert emails and site notifications regularly.

Any questions you might have about this reward can be posted to this thread, posted in our help forum (Community>Forums), in our Get Satisfaction site (Community>Support) or by sending an email to [email protected] . We'll do our best to answer them as quickly as possible.

[quote name='Xuang']I don't like the look of that third[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty high requirement to weed out people. I'm pissed off Raptr never has tracked my Minecraft PC until today.

Looks like I'm out. I have Terraria, but don't think I am at the rank they are going to want. I also don't want my Facebook connected either.

Oh well :(

Okay, so from that I take it you will need "Dedicated" rank in either Minecraft (PC), games like Minecraft, or recent XBLA games. Now just what do they classify as "recent XBLA games"? I have "Dedicated" in Fez so hopefully that is enough to be eligible for the reward. Since Microsoft is sponsoring this, they want you to have played one of their new Arcade releases. But maybe that would only include the three titles from their recent event; Trials Evolution, Bloodforge, and Fable Heroes.

People who played Terraria and reached the "dedicated" level should be fine. He alluded to this in one of his later posts on the raptr forum....
Regarding some of the other questions up here, I would agree that Terraria is quite Minecraft-like ;-) And as far as the question about rank, re-read my first post more closely, I really though the wording was way too obvious a hint. Regardless, this will all be clearly spelled out on the rewards page once it goes live later this morning.

[quote name='enemyofusall']People who played Terraria and reached the "dedicated" level should be fine. He alluded to this in one of his later posts on the raptr forum....[/QUOTE]

Very cool as it's the only other Minecraft-like game I have. And I did play tons of it. Fired it up tonight in honor of the contest heh

[quote name='enemyofusall']People who played Terraria and reached the "dedicated" level should be fine. He alluded to this in one of his later posts on the raptr forum....[/QUOTE]

Good. I've had it running all day.

So let me get this straight. In order to qualify to get a free game, you have to play a bunch of hours of the EXACT SAME GAME, but on another system? I...don't get the reasoning for that. That's like rewarding me with a PS3 copy of a game for beating the game on 360. Why give me what is pretty much the exact same game, but on another system with some minor new features?

At least there's some other qualifications, though I wonder what "recent" XBLA games are.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I go to "Check my rewards" it says "Checking your rewards, come back in an hour, new rewards will be listed on your Eligible tab on the Rewards page." Is anybody else getting that or does it always say that when you click on it?

if i get it from best buy can i redeem it without xbox live? I don't have xbox live and i dont want to get it just for this game

[quote name='jasterblaster']When I go to "Check my rewards" it says "Checking your rewards, come back in an hour, new rewards will be listed on your Eligible tab on the Rewards page." Is anybody else getting that or does it always say that when you click on it?[/QUOTE]

It always says that.

[quote name='xLIHC631x']if i get it from best buy can i redeem it without xbox live? I don't have xbox live and i dont want to get it just for this game[/QUOTE]
Do you mean you don't have internet on your xbox at all? or you just have silver?

If you don't have internet at all it won't let you, you need internet to redeem a code.

If you have silver I'm not 100% sure but I would say you can still redeem it. Someone should confirm that for me though.

[quote name='tankyroo']Do you mean you don't have internet on your xbox at all? or you just have silver?

If you have silver I'm not 100% sure but I would say you can still redeem it. Someone should confirm that for me though.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you can redeem codes with a silver account.

I wish CAG had an user submitted alert thing so you could get a text/email/PM when this goes live. Refreshing, refreshing, refreshing...

[quote name='r3dreck']I wish CAG had an user submitted alert thing so you could get a text/email/PM when this goes live. Refreshing, refreshing, refreshing...[/QUOTE]
Raptr e-mails you when you qualify for a new reward, but the thing with that is its a little slow so by the time you get the e-mail this would be out of stock.

[quote name='tankyroo']Raptr e-mails you when you qualify for a new reward, but the thing with that is its a little slow so by the time you get the e-mail this would be out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Ya what I was thinking too, by the time I get the email I'm sure they will all be gone.

I have 147 hours tracked on Terraria so I'm assuming I qualify. I just want this to go live before I leave so I'm not thinking about it the whole time I'm at the avengers.

[quote name='Pirateogta']Only four and a half hours to go until 12:00 PM PDT![/QUOTE]
But that isn't necessarily when they release the codes, they said any where before then. So it could be 5 minutes, it could be 4 hours and 29 minutes.

[quote name='Pirateogta']Only four and a half hours to go until 12:00 PM PDT![/QUOTE]

"Keep your eyes on your Rewards Dashboard May 10 before noon (PDT) to catch the reward when it goes live."

Before noon... so anytime between now and noon.

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']Ugh prob wont qualify but might as well keep a lookout.[/QUOTE]

I won't qualify either, but I'm gonna keep my eye on it.
The 'Wanna experience Minecraft?! Have a high ranking in Minecraft PC!!!' puzzles me, but there is also the option to have played a recent XBLA game and I haven't bought any recently, so whatever.

I would have gone to Best Buy and bought it for $15, if Best Buy wasn't an hour drive away.

[quote name='Pirateogta']Once it is up, I wonder how long they will last... Hours? Minutes? Seconds?[/QUOTE]
I think it will depend on how strict the qualifications are.

I'm guessing it will last around 1-5 minutes, because not everyone will know they are out at the same time.

I still don't get exactly what that yellow "Check My Rewards" button does. Do we need to click it when this comes out to be able to claim it?

[quote name='Pirateogta']I still don't get exactly what that yellow "Check My Rewards" button does. Do we need to click it when this comes out to be able to claim it?[/QUOTE]
I honestly have no idea, I'm just refreshing the page periodically, I hope it works :p

[quote name='Zonic505']From Raptr forums:[/QUOTE]
A few? I'm going to be gone in an hour :L
I guess I'll find another way to get Minecraft XBLA.

bread's done
Back