FREE Snuggie - look like a total tool, but for FREE

I saw "Free Snuggie" and thought you were talking about Snuggles that little fabric softner bear. I have no clue what a Snuggie is, but it was free so I signed up for one.

ack1.jpg

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I was hoping the brown Snuggie would've been there so that I could dress up like a Jedi while playing Force Unleashed or Lightsaber Duels. And it totally would've made my Halloween costume! But free is free, sage green will totally do the trick as far as tool warmth is concerned.

I'm not getting my hopes up on this one either. I got burned on the free swedish fish T-shirt thing last year around this time. (Buy burned I mean I didn't get anything)

I just want my friend to come to work telling me how a snuggie ended up on his doorstep. It will be classic.

[quote name='tacotown']Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I was hoping the brown Snuggie would've been there so that I could dress up like a Jedi while playing Force Unleashed or Lightsaber Duels. And it totally would've made my Halloween costume! But free is free, sage green will totally do the trick as far as tool warmth is concerned.[/QUOTE]

You could always use clothing dye and make it brown forever.

[quote name='hx214']I'm not getting my hopes up on this one either. I got burned on the free swedish fish T-shirt thing last year around this time. (Buy burned I mean I didn't get anything)

I just want my friend to come to work telling me how a snuggie ended up on his doorstep. It will be classic.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I never got my swedish fish shirt either. I haven't gotten any of the free clothing type promos I've signed up for yet.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']You could always use clothing dye and make it brown forever.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure my dog could help with that too.

[quote name='guinaevere']I saw "Free Snuggie" and thought you were talking about Snuggles that little fabric softner bear. I have no clue what a Snuggie is, but it was free so I signed up for one.[/QUOTE]

When I see Snuggles, it reminds me of the Cuddles skit from Robot Chicken.:lol: If you don't know what it is, don't ask. :D

I may try and grab one of these myself, just for shits and giggles.

from something awful

No way this comes. Their WhoIS info is hidden, which is the #1 sign of a spam site when it comes to freebies.

The signup page is an iframe which is pulling from a second domain, SuzzlyPromo.com. Not only is their Whois info private as well, but it was registered on Oct. 19, 2009. If hidden Whois info is the #1 sign of freebie spam, a site registered a week ago is #2. And then check out the footer links on the confirmation page. They all go to a third domain, Spooluff.com. That domain doesn't even have a main site and two of the links are dead. The owner of Spooluff isn't a company, but some some random guy whose e-mail is at gaweb.com, which is a spamish directory.

Furthermore, if you call the number from their site / confirmation e-mail, you'll get a recorded message and then can hit # for more options. This is followed by "to enter your K7 security code press 4" which means they're using K7.net, a free voicemail and fax system. I can't think of any legit business that uses a free telephone service for business calls.

All of that was a long way of saying I doubt this is legit and not to hold your breath or count on using it as a Christmas gift. But heck, at the very least, if you sign up for this, use a throw-away e-mail and Google Voice account.

[quote name='Snapps']from something awful[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up! now I'm definitely not going to sign up for this. I also never gotten any of the free shirts I signed up for, that includes the I love bacteria shirt.

In for one! If I get it I'm so going out and buying some Head-on to really maximize my selling out to cheaply marketed TV products. :p

As with most offers of such, used throwaway email. Totally ruining the incentive for them to continue with these offers. Hurrah internets!
smile

Make sure you use a real email. They will send you an email and you have to click a confirmation link in it before your officially signed up to receive the free snuggie.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Make sure you use a real email. They will send you an email and you have to click a confirmation link in it before your officially signed up to receive the free snuggie.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. What's the e-mail address it comes from? I can't seem to find mine.

[quote name='Icehearted']In for one! If I get it I'm so going out and buying some Head-on to really maximize my selling out to cheaply marketed TV products. :p[/QUOTE]

Head-On! Apply directly to the forehead!

well, its been over 2 months since I signed up for this offer and still no snuggie. I guess this offer wasn't legit then?

[quote name='javeryh']Same here. The 80s says hello. I'm in for one.[/QUOTE]

This is the only good that came out of this "giveaway"

bread's done
Back