Free super mario for WIi U with 40 dollars spent at old navy (Black Friday)

Most people who score their "free" NSMBU will likely go home later that day and try putting it into their Wii systems.

[quote name='fortunado']I'm not falling for this trick again. They had Dance Central giveaway a few years back and there were like 100 people in line and they only had like 5 copies of the game to give away. There are better deals out there on BF.[/QUOTE]

It was 20 copies per store, I believe. My girlfriend, her sister, and I showed up at 10 PM, were the 2nd-4th people in line, and each of u had no trouble getting Dance Central. So getting there early seems like a smart move if you're actually interested.

[quote name='Tiako']Cliffs?[/QUOTE]

Old Navy has run this type of promotion for the past few years. The first year they offered Lego Rock Band as their giveaway. Giving them the benefit of doubt, they seriously underestimated the interest in a free game by customers lining up at a clothing store and only supplied each location with a handful of games.

[quote name='Kitoro']Most people who score their "free" NSMBU will likely go home later that day and try putting it into their Wii systems.[/QUOTE]

You're giving the average clueless parent too much credit.
They'll probably save it for a Christmas present for their child to use on a Leapster.

41-5c4FnRML.jpg

This would be a good deal to send your significant other to do (if they're willing to).

$20 is nice but...

1. I won't be getting a Wii U at launch.
2. Standing in line for hours with obnoxious people? Nah.
3. Old Navy's clothes are poorly made.
4. There's the possibility of other stores putting this on sale.

[quote name='sbaker44']My wife and I did this deal a couple of years ago with Dance Central. Dropped her off around 10 and then went to Walmart. I'm pretty sure they handed out wristbands and she was able to get her copy without problem.[/QUOTE]

Dance Central, no matter how awesome, will not draw out the parents like NSMBU will. They'll go out and be fighting in the aisles over wristbands. There will be reports that evening of violence in Old Navy. Suddenly, there'll be a story that takes precedence over the yearly announcement of how many hapless zombies were trampled at Wal-mart on Friday morning.

People certainly have high expectations on how many copies of a free game they should be giving out. If you want it and are out anyway, stop by and check out the line. If you won't be the first 20 (at max), then move along to a different store/deal. Not any different than a doorbuster @ BBY really.

I never realized they gave away Dance Central one year. I must've been super-broke... I think I skipped the last two Black Fridays entirely. I'll probably have to skip this one too, but the deal is tempting! I waited in line for Lego Rock Band (and pants!) and had a pretty easy time scoring a copy; I wanna say they had at least 30 in all. Definitely NOT three or four.

Doors open at midnight... I probably don't have enough time to get there early to be in line.

I did the Lego Rock Band a couple years ago w/ a friend; we were first in line at 10pm. I think they opened at 3am. Yea, there was a LOT of pissed off people who didn't realize it was just the first few people in line w/ wristbands that got the game.

Could someone who's done this before clarify something for me? You get a wristband when you go in saying you get the game, not whoever gets to the register with $40 first? So if you get there early, you could spend a half hour browsing around before checking out and you'd be good?

[quote name='kitsunisan']Could someone who's done this before clarify something for me? You get a wristband when you go in saying you get the game, not whoever gets to the register with $40 first? So if you get there early, you could spend a half hour browsing around before checking out and you'd be good?[/QUOTE]

That is correct.

I was the first person in line, they put a wrist band on me about an hour or so before they opened. When the doors opened, I casually went in w/ everyone, and when I finally got to the counter and paid, they took my wrist band and gave me the game.

(Just as a general tip; if you don't get your stuff quick, you're going to be waiting in the checkout line a LOOONNGGGG time. I had to wait in the checkout line for an hour and a half that night. Take a 3DS or something!)

[quote name='emperordahc']That is correct.

I was the first person in line, they put a wrist band on me about an hour or so before they opened. When the doors opened, I casually went in w/ everyone, and when I finally got to the counter and paid, they took my wrist band and gave me the game.

(Just as a general tip; if you don't get your stuff quick, you're going to be waiting in the checkout line a LOOONNGGGG time. I had to wait in the checkout line for an hour and a half that night. Take a 3DS or something!)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll stop in on Monday and scout it out, make sure I know what I want before I go in.

Last time I went to get lego rock band. Long line, sold out copies and someone got shot in the calve. First BF and the last.

I've done both the Dance Central and the Lego Rock Band Black Friday for Old Navy. You definitely have to get their early to be able to secure your wristband. I can also vouch that if you take time to shop you will definitely be in line for a long time. I would recommend going with a group of people and having someone hold your spot at the check out counter like when the line begins to form. That way you don't have to go all the way to the back.

I don't think I am going to stand in line for this BUT you might want to run straight to the coats and grab any size/color. That way, you quickly meet your $40 limit and you will be near the front of the line at checkout.

[quote name='jr8rulz']I could consider a divide and conquer with ya. Im in cincinnati area too. PM me with more info...maybe we can make this work out or other BF deals. Im skipping the Wii U for now... but a free game for $40 i might be able to convince myself to buy some shirts or pants...:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

CAGs clothes-shopping for each other...What the fuck has this website become!?

[quote name='slppedyoursster']I don't think I am going to stand in line for this BUT you might want to run straight to the coats and grab any size/color. That way, you quickly meet your $40 limit and you will be near the front of the line at checkout.[/QUOTE]

exactly what i am going to do. get there around 10 pm get the wristband and sit in my car till 12 then go grab a coat over $40. return in a few days and get a free copy of NSMB rehash # 5.

It would be funnier if it were a free $60 game with a $60 clothing purchase that nobody wanted.

I would suggest going to the store Thanksgiving Day, and scoping out EXACTLY what you want. No changing your mind then while you're in line...just get those items when they re-open. Rush to your items (don't run, you look like jack-ass then), and pay promptly. As someone mentioned, the line gets massive really quick.

Hey guys i can provide some insight i work at old navy my stores probably going to get like 15-30 copies the way it was handled last year and the year before is people line up last year the earliest people lined up around 8:30-9pm crazy i know. around 11:30-11:45 a supervisor will go outside with the wristbands for people, and yes lines fill up very quickly we had people waiting in line at the beginning of the store with a line wrapping 1 and a half times around the store. Good Luck guys!

[quote name='Bullitt24']wii 2.0[quote name='JaylisJayP']:roll:[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]Hey now, if the Wii U is to the Wii what the PlayStation 2 was to the PlayStation, then I don't think anyone is going to be unhappy.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Hey now, if the Wii U is to the Wii what the PlayStation 2 was to the PlayStation, then I don't think anyone is going to be unhappy.[/QUOTE]

you make it sound like the original playstation was garbage.

thats messed up. playstation was awesome, madcatz controllers on the other hand.....

[quote name='madcatz1999']Hey now, if the Wii U is to the Wii what the PlayStation 2 was to the PlayStation, then I don't think anyone is going to be unhappy.[/QUOTE]

Old Navy employee here. The vast majority of the stores are receiving 48 copies of the game. A few dozen will receive 36, few dozen will receive 60, and a handful of store will receive larger amounts. It doesn't seem like much but company wide its over 46,000 copies.

[quote name='OldNavyBF']Old Navy employee here. The vast majority of the stores are receiving 48 copies of the game. A few dozen will receive 36, few dozen will receive 60, and a handful of store will receive larger amounts. It doesn't seem like much but company wide its over 46,000 copies.[/QUOTE]
That's good to know. I need clothes or a coat anyways and this might turn out in my flavor. What time should I line up?

[quote name='Linkgx1']That's good to know. I need clothes or a coat anyways and this might turn out in my flavor. What time should I line up?[/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to line up at 10:00, bring a chair and play my vita until the midnight opening.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I think the area is called Columbus? Planning on moving out there sometime soon too, so I guess I'll have to re-learn my CAG scavenging skills as well.[/QUOTE]

Not TOO many scavengers over here. But there are a couple El Hoardos that like to especially come out on the old BlockBuster deals (RIP as 80%+ blockbusters closed doors over the last year in C-bus)

Good news is that if you're a midnight release swag person, most BBYs have maybe 10-20 people go to midnight release. Only game that drives came out was MW3 where Tuttle had 100+ come. Also CEs don't sell out fast here.

Oh and be prepared to be plastered with OSU everywhere you go. It's the one sports tradition we hold here and it is BIG. If you're even a remote sports fan I would suggest going to an OSU game. The Horseshoe full of 100,000+ fans is really a sight to behold.

PS1 was awesome, but the PS2 was even more awesome.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Not TOO many scavengers over here. But there are a couple El Hoardos that like to especially come out on the old BlockBuster deals (RIP as 80%+ blockbusters closed doors over the last year in C-bus)

Good news is that if you're a midnight release swag person, most BBYs have maybe 10-20 people go to midnight release. Only game that drives came out was MW3 where Tuttle had 100+ come. Also CEs don't sell out fast here.

Oh and be prepared to be plastered with OSU everywhere you go. It's the one sports tradition we hold here and it is BIG. If you're even a remote sports fan I would suggest going to an OSU game. The Horseshoe full of 100,000+ fans is really a sight to behold.[/QUOTE]

Ah well sweet, I love doing midnight releases, sounds nice compared to having to wait out in the freezing cold in a line of 30+ people at almost every release here.

And yeah, I can see you Ohioans are big sports fans. I'm not the biggest one myself, but I just started getting into football since my cousin plays for the Browns. But yeah I'll have to check a OSU game out soon, most of my family is big on football.

[quote name='OldNavyBF']Old Navy employee here. The vast majority of the stores are receiving 48 copies of the game. A few dozen will receive 36, few dozen will receive 60, and a handful of store will receive larger amounts. It doesn't seem like much but company wide its over 46,000 copies.[/QUOTE]Thank you. Very good information. This is why I love CAG. :bouncy:

Edit: Will they be handing out wrist bands?

[quote name='Hibiki Rush']Will this deal work with a purchase of gift cards?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Gift cards don't qualify. First in line here. Store got about 40 copies.

Great, now that it's confirmed more than 2 copies, I am tempted to go out right near midnight and see if I can snag a copy. Anyone know much about Old Navy lines? Do they get 100+ deep like the big box stores?

Are they also giving out the codes for the instant win game? I'm somewhat more interested in that though sounds like it'd be a tough win.

I guess this is a no go for me as I don't wear Old Navy clothes.

Edit: You know what, I'll probably go anyway around 1115 to see how the line is. They have some decent looking jackets and I could always sell the game and end up with a free jack....

Last edited by a moderator:
10 in maple Grove Minnesota and there's about a dozen cars and asked here. Just started snowing, no one wants to head outside yet, lol.

bread's done
Back