Free super mario for WIi U with 40 dollars spent at old navy (Black Friday)

[quote name='kitsunisan']10 in maple Grove Minnesota and there's about a dozen cars and asked here. Just started snowing, no one wants to head outside yet, lol.[/QUOTE]

lol no shit, that's where I would be if I wasn't in IA...small world.

[quote name='KanYozakura']lol no shit, that's where I would be if I wasn't in IA...small world.[/QUOTE]

Where abouts in Iowa?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I should have gone and just offered $20 for someone's copy.[/QUOTE]

lol that's what I did. Walked to the front of line and asked the people in line if they are willing to sell their free game for $25 cash. Gave my number to like 7 folks. Will buy several if call.

In line at a mall...about300 people lined up for all stores. This is really a bad idea...someone is gonna get stampeded...i am at the front of the line and old navy is about 900 feet away

In line at 9:30 with about 15 people ahead of me so hopefully they have 30 or 40 copies as others said. Haven't found a wii u yet but hopefully find it before Xmas or my kid will be looking at me like wtf when he opens a game he can't play.

Headed out to Old Navy in Mankato, MN. Figured the current 30 degree weather and 42 MPH winds (feels like 12 degrees according to Weather.com) would keep the line from being very long at all. Instead, discovered a group of crazies. Did a quick head count...it seemed like there was just under 40. In the desire for a free game, I became one of the crazies.

Stood in line for 30 mins. The first 15 weren't so bad, but the last 15 when the wind picked up harder had me reconsidering my plan. But I was already 15 mins in, so I figured I'd hold out for a game.

Listening to conversations, it was clear that people were aware of the free game, but it was hard to tell how many were there because of the game or just because they wanted to get into Old Navy. I wonder how many people will go home and try to put the game into their Wii and wonder why it doesn't work.

During the last 10 minutes, people who were sitting warm in their cars started joining the line a ways in front of me...turns out they'd had someone holding their spot for them. Or perhaps made a run for some coffee or hot cocoa and returned to the line. This put the number ahead of me well over 40, and I didn't get a game. F*** you Mankato Old Navy line. Still trying to warm up.

Wish I'd thought to just offer people $20 for their copy like the poster above.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Headed out to Old Navy in Mankato, MN. Figured the current 30 degree weather and 42 MPH winds (feels like 12 degrees according to Weather.com) would keep the line from being very long at all. Instead, discovered a group of crazies. Did a quick head count...it seemed like there was just under 40. In the desire for a free game, I became one of the crazies.

Stood in line for 30 mins. The first 15 weren't so bad, but the last 15 when the wind picked up harder had me reconsidering my plan. But I was already 15 mins in, so I figured I'd hold out for a game.

Listening to conversations, it was clear that people were aware of the free game, but it was hard to tell how many were there because of the game or just because they wanted to get into Old Navy. I wonder how many people will go home and try to put the game into their Wii and wonder why it doesn't work.

During the last 10 minutes, people who were sitting warm in their cars started joining the line a ways in front of me...turns out they'd had someone holding their spot for them. Or perhaps made a run for some coffee or hot cocoa and returned to the line. This put the number ahead of me well over 40, and I didn't get a game. F*** you Mankato Old Navy line. Still trying to warm up.

Wish I'd thought to just offer people $20 for their copy like the poster above.[/QUOTE]Same thing here (Grand Forks, ND). We're pretty far up north and the gusting wind and snow were insane today. People in the south have no idea what it's like to wait in line.

I was too late for the wristband, but a nice lady who didn't want it just gave me her bracelet. Score!

A fight almost broke out when they started handing out wrist bands. A bunch of people came out of nowhere and jumped in line. I'd be pretty upset also but what can you do.

20 people ahead of us by the time we reached the store, and we still got a wristband. My brother and I spent $20 each on a few clothes, and left with game in-hand.

Went to an Old Navy in a seemingly small town of Bellingham, MA where they had 48 copies. I actually shop at ON a bit, so it was actually a struggle to find $40 worth of clothes that I wanted for myself. Ended up spending about $43 or so and got the game.

The one I went to must have had at least 60 wristbands, I was worried I might not get one when the 15 people in front of me turned into over 30 because they had saved spots.

Showed up around 8pm, was the 15th or so person in line. Got a few clothes and a copy of Mario for the Wii U. Time to return the one I got from Best Buy price match (TRU) for another title.

I went to the one in Hopkins, mn @ knollwood. We got there at 10:30 and there was only one guy waiting outside and a few in cars. We waiting in the car 15 minutes and then someone else got out so we hopped in line and froze. We were about 5th and 6th in line. They had about 60 wristbands. They didn't hand them out until midnight though to our frustration. Overall after that it was a good experience and staff was great.

I'm surprised Maple Grove only had 10. We almost went there but I looked at the stores and decided knollwood was our best shot and it looks like I was right. We live in Crystal and the distance was about the same.

Scored two copies, one with me and one with the wife. One keeper for the kids new console and the other I'll sell/trade off. Good deal, $80 in clothes and two games.

I guess the downside is you have to buy or wear old Navy clothes...
But congrats to the ones who got a free game, that's sweet.

[quote name='TooPoor']I guess the downside is you have to buy or wear old Navy clothes...
But congrats to the ones who got a free game, that's sweet.[/QUOTE]

Could be worse (aeropostale, banana republic, hot topic nerd scene stuff)

[quote name='pROvIs']I went to the one in Hopkins, mn @ knollwood. We got there at 10:30 and there was only one guy waiting outside and a few in cars. We waiting in the car 15 minutes and then someone else got out so we hopped in line and froze. We were about 5th and 6th in line. They had about 60 wristbands. They didn't hand them out until midnight though to our frustration. Overall after that it was a good experience and staff was great.

I'm surprised Maple Grove only had 10. We almost went there but I looked at the stores and decided knollwood was our best shot and it looks like I was right. We live in Crystal and the distance was about the same.[/QUOTE]

It was 10 at 10:30,by midnight it hit about 60 or so. I was actually on my way to Knollwood, but decided to head to Maple Grove right as I hit 494, gave me a chance to swing by the Walmart that's about 5 miles from there. Snagged dance central 3,dishonored and borderlands 2 at Walmart, good night despite the freezing cold.

[quote name='vagrantwade']Could be worse (aeropostale, banana republic, hot topic nerd scene stuff)[/QUOTE]
Not that I care about brands or what I am wearing cause im a tshirt and jeans kinda guy...

but old navy is...trashy.

better than those companies you listed? questionable...but i would rather wear walmart clothes than old navy. at least clothes from wal mart doesnt have a stupid logo plastering everything.

1st world problems *shrug.

Super grats guys, I didn't think i'd get a copy after seeing my towns Old Nay last year. Btw, I heard they had disney shirt/DVD packs. Anything good for a disney nerd or a kids present?

BTW, I 100%ed NSMBU. If you are going to play it tonight you're in for a treat. It's my favorite NSMB game by far. The level design is fantastic, and some of the secret areas will make you so happy to have it. I didn't touch Nintendoland or any other game I got until I had every star coin!

Me and the the wife started our black friday shopping at target, and it was 100% fail, then quickly headed out to old navy, got there around 10:40 pm. about 20 people ahead of us. figure we would be fine. by 11:40pm there was 50 people ahead of us, because of cutting (made us so angry).

As it turned out, we both got a wrist band, and some salty snacks. We gather about $90 worth of cloths, some decent deals on jeans. I won a $5 coupon as prize while waiting inline to cashout and then they were handing out jimmy johns sandwhich in the store.

totally the best black friday shopping experince I had in the past few years.

[quote name='kitsunisan']It was 10 at 10:30,by midnight it hit about 60 or so. I was actually on my way to Knollwood, but decided to head to Maple Grove right as I hit 494, gave me a chance to swing by the Walmart that's about 5 miles from there. Snagged dance central 3,dishonored and borderlands 2 at Walmart, good night despite the freezing cold.[/QUOTE]

Lol The Californians. SNL skit. Why don't you take the 101 till you hit El Segundo and can't drive no more. Swing by Knollwood where the Del Taco is and get lost Devin!

Well, it didn't work for me, like others there were soooooo many cutters it was a complete waste of time. I'll do $30 paypal (includes shipping, don't care how you mail it, even in an envelope) if anyone wants to sell me theirs. Thanks!

[quote name='Slowdance']Super grats guys, I didn't think i'd get a copy after seeing my towns Old Nay last year. Btw, I heard they had disney shirt/DVD packs. Anything good for a disney nerd or a kids present?

BTW, I 100%ed NSMBU. If you are going to play it tonight you're in for a treat. It's my favorite NSMB game by far. The level design is fantastic, and some of the secret areas will make you so happy to have it. I didn't touch Nintendoland or any other game I got until I had every star coin![/QUOTE]

The Disney shirt/DVD combo packs are a generic white boys t-shirt with three Disney characters on the front. One I believe is Buzz Lightyear but I can't remember the other two. The DVD includes 11 random Disney shorts from different movies (I have no clue if they're new unseen ones or oldies). I work for Old Navy and my store still hasn't put those out yet.

I will say I'm not very fond of Nintendo games but getting to play NSMBU at work the last few days with peoples kids has been an awesome experience. Aside that it's awesome not having to work registers and be rushed by managers. Even better when they say I can't leave the Wii U for anything because of people that have been attempting to steal the demo consoles from AZ stores. One was successfully stolen this morning from the Tucson store though.

I went to mine at around 10pm. there was at lease 50 people in line if not more. I decided that chances of me getting the game were extremely low so i left, went home, and played D3.

Omg lol last night was crazy. Ok, so I ended up going to an outlet store (didn't know at the time) at 9;45. It opened at 10 pm. 70th person line, no wrist bands left. But I left when I went into the store and found out they got rid of the wrist bands I jumped into my car and sped to a regular one. Arrived at 10:30 and was like the 13th person in line. Woot. Might return the clothes. But I kind of need some so....

Most folks didn't know the Wii had a sequel. They're like "I only have the Wii! What's a U?"

Many skipped getting a wrist band until I told the they can go to GameStop and flip it.:)

I arrived at 9 PM and was the 6th person in line. My girlfriend and I both got a copy of the game, yay. Was a fun experience and not even cold this year (here in TX).

3rd year in a row Ive done Old Navy. Same story

Got there at 9:00 pm, was first in line. Last couple years I was 3-4 in line. So I finally got first place yeah!

Anywho just sat in my chair and played some Vita to pass time.

The 3 women behind me did NOT want the game. Its funny every year people in line arent even there for the giveaway, just for cloths. I gave the ladies behind me $10 each for their game (after they came out of the store). Probably just trade them in and buy some other stuff.

My store had 48 copies so a good chunk of people in line got one. Id say by 11pm the line was 200 deep

Also if you dont want the cloths just return them next week. Every year Ive simply returned the cloths no problem. So it should just be a free copy of Mario in the end.

[quote name='xDerekRx']3rd year in a row Ive done Old Navy. Same story

Got there at 9:00 pm, was first in line. Last couple years I was 3-4 in line. So I finally got first place yeah!

Anywho just sat in my chair and played some Vita to pass time.

The 3 women behind me did NOT want the game. Its funny every year people in line arent even there for the giveaway, just for cloths. I gave the ladies behind me $10 each for their game (after they came out of the store). Probably just trade them in and buy some other stuff.

My store had 48 copies so a good chunk of people in line got one. Id say by 11pm the line was 200 deep

Also if you dont want the cloths just return them next week. Every year Ive simply returned the cloths no problem. So it should just be a free copy of Mario in the end.[/QUOTE]

A few ladies in front of me didn't speak English well and when they handed them out were trying to ask what it was for but I'm pretty sure they thought it was to get in the store. It wouldn't surprise me if they never even asked for the game at checkout. I know they weren't the only ones.

There also was a group of about 8 kids behind me that came in one of their mom's minivan. They read the ad wrong and thought they were giving out 1000 Wii Us at each store. I can see how they got confused after looking at the ad again but surprised their mom didnt put a halt to it after she read it. They waited about 30 minutes in the cold until I heard them talking and told them what was actually going on. I felt like the grinch but at least they didnt wait in the cold any longer. Sad thing is even if they wanted just the game you have to be 16 to get a wrist band.

Ugh, that was awful. Got there at 9:30, was number 13 in line. After all the games were claimed (I think there was like 30), people from the back of the line started making the rounds to try to ask if people would give away their game lol. Like, not even offering to pay. Didnt't see any cutting, but I doubt anybody in line would have let that happen, at least my wife and I would have stepped up lol.

Grabbed some clothes for the kids and coats for my mom and dad though, made out pretty good. Picked up my Wii U today as well. Everyone add me! Nintendo ID: therealdanhill

[quote name='therealdanhill']Ugh, that was awful. Got there at 9:30, was number 13 in line. After all the games were claimed (I think there was like 30), people from the back of the line started making the rounds to try to ask if people would give away their game lol. Like, not even offering to pay. Didnt't see any cutting, but I doubt anybody in line would have let that happen, at least my wife and I would have stepped up lol.

Grabbed some clothes for the kids and coats for my mom and dad though, made out pretty good. Picked up my Wii U today as well. Everyone add me! Nintendo ID: therealdanhill[/QUOTE]

I'll add ya. I'm linkgx1

bread's done
Back