Free Sword from King of Swords

[quote name='shadowtek']I just got an e-mail confirmation that the sword was shipping out today. I was authorized for a Final Fantasy sword, but I took a chance and asked for a different one, and I was approved right away!

I'll post again when it shows up. If it's as cool as it looks on the site, I'll break down and get the sister blade as well..

(Not goin' inta specifics until it's in my hands)[/quote]

Shadowtek, I'm wondering which your were authorized for and which you asked for afterwards.
I'd like to know the exact ones. Thank. :]

[quote name='kensterdotnet']Hmm I only got that automated email. How long after you sent them the link did they send you the shipping info?[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. Just the auto-response so far. Tomorrow will be the 72 hour mark for me.

Got my Sword. 3 foot Generic ninja sword with cloth wrapped handle and scabbard. Not the highest quality but not as cheap as I was expecting. Really cool for being free.

I'll post some pictures later today when i get my digital camera back

[quote name='becuzimbrown']anyone know how long this thing is running? i dont have time to do this until next month[/quote]

Its only writing a little blog with a miniumum of 50 words. It shouldn't take you no more than 15-20 mins.

I'm surprised that so many people are jumping on it...sure its free, but its a damn weapon

Maybe its just me, but I'm gunna sit this one out (i bet at least one death is gunna come from this but hey thanks op)

[quote name='Foo228']I'm surprised that so many people are jumping on it...sure its free, but its a damn weapon

Maybe its just me, but I'm gunna sit this one out (i bet at least one death is gunna come from this but hey thanks op)[/quote]

If you cant help but kill someone just because you got a free weapon you need help....

Blade isn't really sharp, tip is pretty sharp at least but it would be easier to kill someone with a knife then this sword because these arent combat models.

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Its what I was expecting. Its relatively cheap but feels solid holding it. Good enough that it wont fall apart from handling but not something that is gonna make a sword collector care.

It's a nice conversation piece and free.

Sent in my e-mail the other day, how long did it take for people to get a reply saying their submission has been accepted?

[quote name='Brian9824']Next day for me but that seems to be the exception.[/quote]

I jsut checked my e-mail and its been roughly 1 day since i got the auto-confirmation e-mail saying i'll find out if i was accepted within 72 hours...so perhaps Monday i'll find out :)

[quote name='Brian9824']Its what I was expecting. Its relatively cheap but feels solid holding it. Good enough that it wont fall apart from handling but not something that is gonna make a sword collector care.

It's a nice conversation piece and free.[/quote]

How light is it?

anyways, I think my spam filter was enabled (New webhost, only screw'd with settings so much) So I feel bad I emailed them twice :( We'll see what happens.

[quote name='Brian9824']Its what I was expecting. Its relatively cheap but feels solid holding it. Good enough that it wont fall apart from handling but not something that is gonna make a sword collector care.

It's a nice conversation piece and free.[/quote]

No pics no proof.

[quote name='YabMan']I saw the pics, I just guess your scarcasm meter was off.[/quote]

Yes because we all know sarcasm is easily portrayed by a 4 word text post...

I used my gametrailers blog because "ahou" used the same blog and he got his shipping info in a day. Maybe too many people are requesting a free sword heh.

[quote name='SynGamer']I use wordpress and my own domain/hosting (go me). 24 hours into the 72 and still no word :([/quote] I think there is a delay because he is probably getting a lot of requests. Just keep your hopes up!:D

Thanks for posting pics, Brian, I am expecting the same thing at this point.
Here's a timeline for the curious folk among us-
Wednesday - Sent a link of my blog to king of swords.
Thursday - Blog@king of swords and fedex both send me an email confirming the sword is sent. Fedex says estimated delivery date is 6/26
Friday - Got another email, this time from [email protected] saying that my free sword shipped, lol.
As stated before, I used Blogger.com for my blog and it worked fine.

BTW, they're apparently being shipped out of GA. I'm in MN. Brian, are you close to GA?

Also, it says they do something similar to this every month. Maybe it's time to stock up on crappy free swords? I can just imagine, my army of ninjas armed with swords that break when they make contact! :cold:

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']Isn't sarcasm supposed to be funny?

:p[/quote]

Sometimes, but not all the time. But it's okay, I know I'm not funny. :cry:

[quote name='mcgavin27']I sumbited my blog post, hope I get a free sword, just to say it is the weirdest free thing I got.[/quote]

(OT) That honor for ANY free thing will always be awarded to Nintendo, who sent out free mannequin hands to promote the DS. It was meant to be a means to win a contest, using the hand in a picture, best picture wins, but for me the hand was the ultimate prize.

[quote name='Kerig'](OT) That honor for ANY free thing will always be awarded to Nintendo, who sent out free mannequin hands to promote the DS. It was meant to be a means to win a contest, using the hand in a picture, best picture wins, but for me the hand was the ultimate prize.[/QUOTE]

Yes that was great. I carried that thing out clubbing with me for about 2 months. Great way to get a conversation going then someone stole out of my car. :(

I got my sword yesterday.

My timeline was as follows:

June 20 - Made a blog post on my MSN space thing
Email from "The King" - You have Successfully Submitted your Post to King of Swords Blog Contest!

June 21
Email from [email protected] FREE SWORD SHIPPED TODAY 6/21/2007
Email from [email protected] FedEx Shipment Notification (With tracking number)

June 22
Email from [email protected] KING OF SWORDS - FREE SWORD SHIPPED! (With tracking number)

June 23
Email from [email protected] FedEx Shipment Delivered

My sword was 3 pounds. The shipment starts in Georgia and I live in Iowa. Got everything pretty quickly and was impressed for being free.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Yes that was great. I carried that thing out clubbing with me for about 2 months. Great way to get a conversation going then someone stole out of my car. :([/quote]

Someone stole your mannequin hand? Who would steal something like that?

I've got my hand still, it holds receipts and other small pieces of paper.

Still no confirmation on the sword and today's day 4 for me. :cry: I guess I'll try again.

The Drizzt Do'Urden Twinkle Scimitar showed up this morning, plus they threw in a Guenhwyvar Panther Figurine just to be cool.

The scimitar is accurate to the picture shown on the website, so WYSIWYG.

There were some cosmetic blemishes and defects on the sword, scabbard and stand, that might have made me call up and complain if I had paid for it, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I may pick up Icingdeath as well, so I can have a matching set....

[quote name='shadowtek']The Drizzt Do'Urden Twinkle Scimitar showed up this morning, plus they threw in a Guenhwyvar Panther Figurine just to be cool.

The scimitar is accurate to the picture shown on the website, so WYSIWYG.

There were some cosmetic blemishes and defects on the sword, scabbard and stand, that might have made me call up and complain if I had paid for it, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I may pick up Icingdeath as well, so I can have a matching set....[/quote]

Damn sweet. Mine had a slight curve to blade that is noticeable if you look for it. Like i figuired these were probably all models with some sword of defect that were used for displays.

bread's done
Back