Free Sword from King of Swords

My sword was supposed to get here on the 30th but the fedex tracking page shows that its still in Georgia. Has this happend to any one else.

[quote name='YabMan']I got the same one as the guy above me. It looks A LOT cooler in person than it does in the pictures. PS. Free is awesome, but if I would of gotten this and I had paid for it I'd be pissed, spots all over it, and the package was falling apart.[/QUOTE]
yeah, it was a dark hallway and cellphone pix stink, lol .. I'll take a photo of it again tonight when I have my camera though. Yeah, had I paid for it .. I wouldn't have wanted it. Looks like someone threw it around and tossed it in a broken box.

[quote name='major maz']My sword was supposed to get here on the 30th but the fedex tracking page shows that its still in Georgia. Has this happend to any one else.[/QUOTE]
What state are you in? It might not update the shipping until it arrives in your state (mine updated when it arrived in Orlando)

And the paper that came in the box said...

"We will be holding a new Blog Contest each month and you are welcome to enter another unique submission for another Free Item from the King's Arsenal"

Well, I assume it's the same contest for a new prize.

[quote name='YabMan']Also, what is up with the like.. anthrax inside of the holder thingy[/QUOTE]

thats what u get for free stuff.

[quote name='YabMan']And the paper that came in the box said...

"We will be holding a new Blog Contest each month and you are welcome to enter another unique submission for another Free Item from the King's Arsenal"

Well, I assume it's the same contest for a new prize.[/QUOTE]
lol I didn't even know there was a paper, mine was on the bottom of the box, all torn and beat up.

Nope, we didn't have to sign for it, but it says "King of Swords" on the outside and I wouldn't leave that in front of my door heh.

[quote name='kensterdotnet']Nope, we didn't have to sign for it, but it says "King of Swords" on the outside and I wouldn't leave that in front of my door heh.[/QUOTE]
Thats for sure, someone would take it from my door lol

[quote name='Foladar']Thats for sure, someone would take it from my door lol[/quote] I don't trust anyone around here anymore because I got jacked when I bought a bag of crap from woot.com. It was my first one too :(

I also got the 3lb authentic Samurai Sword today, hand made by Samurai warriors in Pakistan.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']you guys didnt have to sign for it right? im not home right now[/QUOTE]

I had to sign for mine, but I was home anyway, so who knows. And it did come in a a big box with "Empire Swords" on it.

[quote name='shizomou']whats with the strap? how is it supposed to be used?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing when I saw it... can't fit over your shoulder, or around your waist, or strap into something... just seems useless to me.

Also, there's a coupon code, KINGME10 for 10% off for anyone who wants to buy.

Got mine today :D

It has pakistan written on the silver blade, and yes I received some anthrax too >_>

From what the paper says, I guess I'm gonna enter the contest again ^^

Yeah mine has pakistan written on it too. It also has "stainless" scratched out and faded.

The strap is used by putting one end over the sheath and the other end on the handle of the sword. It can't put over your shoulder but it could hang on it.. which uh.... yeah... um.. no.

[quote name='major maz']My sword was supposed to get here on the 30th but the fedex tracking page shows that its still in Georgia. Has this happend to any one else.[/quote]

See post #280.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Got my sword today, I love free stuff. Here's a pic of me and my sword:
[/QUOTE]
Badass.

I got mine today, although I will NOT be posing with it. I will however be slicing my 4th of July watermelon with this.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Got my sword today, I love free stuff. Here's a pic of me and my sword:
[/QUOTE]
Can I have everything in the background? Nice room.

[quote name='chakan']Badass.

I got mine today, although I will NOT be posing with it. I will however be slicing my 4th of July watermelon with this.[/quote] Wipe it off first, there is some kind of powder inside the sheath.

[quote name='kensterdotnet']Wipe it off first, there is some kind of powder inside the sheath.[/QUOTE]Thanks, I was going to wipe it with alcohol first.

mine just got delivered and is sitting at my front door (dont worry nothin will happen, i live in the suburbs)

is there anything i should do after i get it? like clean it or something? how would i do that? i know NOTHING about swords...thanks

[quote name='becuzimbrown']mine just got delivered and is sitting at my front door (dont worry nothin will happen, i live in the suburbs)

is there anything i should do after i get it? like clean it or something? how would i do that? i know NOTHING about swords...thanks[/QUOTE]

It's not very sharp, though I did jab myself on the top of it... the edge is fairly dull, and it's obviously meant more for show. Anything on it is a result of the cheap scabbard its sent in.

I do recommend removing the "Pakistan" bit from the blade though :)

Called FedEx about my status, and it turns out that if it's still in Georgia, with no delivery information, he hasn't given it to FedEx yet.

Apparantely, it means he has just entered the account information with FedEx, but has yet to deliver them the sword.

Gonna send him an email later about it.

[quote name='franz ferdinand']It's not very sharp, though I did jab myself on the top of it... the edge is fairly dull, and it's obviously meant more for show. Anything on it is a result of the cheap scabbard its sent in.

I do recommend removing the "Pakistan" bit from the blade though :)[/quote]

thanks, but whats this about powder i hear? someone said something about a powder that comes with the box

also...someone is oiling up their sword with alchohol?

I didn't have any powder in the sword container, however there was a bit of a mark on the container that looked like powder had been on the container.

[quote name='YabMan']Is anyone else's like... wobbly? I mean if I shake it a bit it goes like.. WOBBLE WOBBLE WOBBLE[/quote] Nah, mine is pretty solid.

If your generally far from Georgia, like west coast .. it won't update until it arrives in the next stop which is generally in your state or nearby. Mine didn't update until it arrived in Florida yesterday. Fedex takes forever to update, and long shipping .. took 7-8 days coming from AZ-FL for another package.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']thanks, but whats this about powder i hear? someone said something about a powder that comes with the box

also...someone is oiling up their sword with alchohol?[/QUOTE]Not oiling it, cleaning it because I'm cutting watermelon with it.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']let me know how your watermelon cutting goes....im going to do the same thing[/QUOTE]

go ahead and try it urself. see how it goes.

I got mine yesterday. Those of you who have been waiting awhile, try e-mailing them. I e-mailed them about a week after I submitted the first time, and it wasn't until I sent them an e-mail that I got a response telling me that my link didn't work (it did, but my e-mail client linked the URL incorrectly...it would have worked if they copied and pasted the whole thing though). I re-submitted, and about 4 days later or so, I got my sword via FedEx (I never even got a shipping confirmation/tracking number, so it took me by surprise).

The box was marked "Empire Swords"...maybe they're getting help from another company for this promo? The only "powder" I noticed was wood dust from the cheap wood sheath they included. I do notice a little wobble to it (the blade itself wobbles a little...not where it's linked to the handle). Pretty basic design...it has a dragon of some kind near the handle, and the sheath is signed by someone - perhaps the person that made it.

Overall, it's what you would expect from a free sword...I would hope their premium swords are built better though.

By the way, does anyone know what product would take the "Pakistan" off the blade, if possible?

[quote name='morphineseason']
Overall, it's what you would expect from a free sword...I would hope their premium swords are built better though.
[/quote]

I've got the last-generation Master Sword w/Wooden Sheath with thin fake-leather covering it thats painted, swords made pretty shoddy too. All of the lisenced stuff is made purely for looks and is meant to be put on a wall or something, and never unsheathed.

bread's done
Back