Free Xbox 360 Games and Accessories --- 100% Legit (February Update!) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Bioshock order has now shipped!

I can only hope it gets here by Saturday, which is when I head back to my apartment (and school). Not really expecting it to though.

My COD4 order has shipped. Now I'm wondering what to do next. I think I'm gonna use some Paypal VCCs to do Increase My Margin, Autovantage, etc.

[quote name='munch']Are their shipping estimates accurate? It tells me that mine should ship in two days. I hope it does.[/QUOTE]

Yes, usually. They only give you a date that they receive from whomever they order from. Most of my stuff has come from Amazon, and Amazon is really good with ship dates, IMO.

Based on your praises, lilboo, I went ahead and ordered Scene-It (on my apartment account :whistle2:$).

Too bad I will have prolly four games from this site as I head back to school, which means they will be getting little play for a while!

Anyone done Overnight Genius or Video Professor? Any good?

Don't do PosterPass. It says $9 for 4 posters, but if you look at the find print shipping and handling costs $31. Haha.

Here's to hoping they offer the instruments. I bit on Rock Band and am receiving the game only version for my birthday next week. Plan on ordering the drum kit if they have it for free. Already have 2 guitars from this site. :lol: Might buy the mic later on with my own cash.

Has anyone had problems with Grant Consultant not going through? I tried it twice on different CCs that have no problems anywhere else and got "card declined" on both. I tried taking off the Apt number but it didn't seem to help. Anyway, I gave up on it, did a different offer but now have gotten two phone calls from them "following up" on my inquiry. I asked to speak to their CS but got the runaround, offering to take my CC info over the phone. As far as I can tell there are no holds on my CCs for them, but the fact that they have my number makes me think that something must have gone through. I tried calling today but got no answer and left a message. Any thoughts?

Edit, make that 3 calls. They just tried to call again!

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Here's to hoping they offer the instruments. I bit on Rock Band and am receiving the game only version for my birthday next week. Plan on ordering the drum kit if they have it for free. Already have 2 guitars from this site. :lol: Might buy the mic later on with my own cash.[/QUOTE]
You can always use the 360 headset as a microphone instead of buying the official one.

Ooh yeah if they add the Rock Band drums I might have to get them AND pick up Rock Band!!
The Rock Band bundle comes with the game, a guitar, mic, drums, and microphone right? Nothing else? Nothing that special? I also hear the RB guitar is kinda crappy..yes?

If this is the case, I'll be happy since I have a GHII Guitar AND a GHIII guitar...and 2 headsets :D

UPDATE WHERE ARE YOU?!

[quote name='lilboo']Ooh yeah if they add the Rock Band drums I might have to get them AND pick up Rock Band!!
The Rock Band bundle comes with the game, a guitar, mic, drums, and microphone right? Nothing else? Nothing that special? I also hear the RB guitar is kinda crappy..yes?

If this is the case, I'll be happy since I have a GHII Guitar AND a GHIII guitar...and 2 headsets :D

UPDATE WHERE ARE YOU?![/QUOTE]

The bundle also comes with a USB hub (since the 360 only has 3 USB ports but 1 drum + 2 guitar + 1 mic = 4 USB ports), but it's just a run-of-the-mill 4-power powered hub.

The problem with the RB guitars is that the earlier batches were prone to manufacturing defects. When they're working properly, they're actually my favorite make of guitar controller by far. It's larger than the others, has larger buttons, a strum bar that's easier to grip, and the solo buttons are pretty darn useful (both for solos and for people with really small hands).

Has anyone had any luck returning the Amazon.com orders to Amazon for credit? There's nothing on the site I want right now but wouldn't mind ordering and returning another GH2 for credit to Amazon.com.

I'm just nervous the credit may accidentally not get applied to my Amazon account.

last i heard the Headsets don't work. But i never tried them.

My friend got Rock band and his strum bar died on the guitar after one song, so yeah they suck. THey do replace them though or give you any free EA game as replacement (newer titles).

I can't think of anything special it came with...no

[quote name='Silverslug']last i heard the Headsets don't work. But i never tried them. [/QUOTE]
I played with a group at a friend's house a month or so ago, and we used the standard 360 headset hooked into a standard 360 controller for vocals. Worked just fine, as far as I could tell.

Plus it could conceivably allow you to play the guitar and sing at the same time, if you know the song really well...

[quote name='DeathPrawn']The bundle also comes with a USB hub (since the 360 only has 3 USB ports but 1 drum + 2 guitar + 1 mic = 4 USB ports), but it's just a run-of-the-mill 4-power powered hub.

The problem with the RB guitars is that the earlier batches were prone to manufacturing defects. When they're working properly, they're actually my favorite make of guitar controller by far. It's larger than the others, has larger buttons, a strum bar that's easier to grip, and the solo buttons are pretty darn useful (both for solos and for people with really small hands).[/quote]

Yea, but I have a feeling that the new drums and guitar will come packaged with a USB hub since they are cheap to make. Even if they dont, one of my guitars is wireless so I am set. Also, I know you can use headset, which I will use for awhile, but I want the mic for some reason.

Ok, so I signed up with zooba.com and it kept giving me errors. I just checked my CC and they've charged me $1 twice. Any idea on what I should do? I never got an e-mail from them, so will I get credited?

[quote name='munch']Ok, so I signed up with zooba.com and it kept giving me errors. I just checked my CC and they've charged me $1 twice. Any idea on what I should do? I never got an e-mail from them, so will I get credited?[/quote]

Probably not. Your card was probably not accepted. You could also try calling them via the #'s in the OP and asking them what went wrong.

If it goes through, right after the CC part you get a "welcome to teh Club" screen, and pretty much immediately get a welcome email and can log into your Zooba acct, etc.

You should wait or call them. Your $1 charges are just pre-authorizations and a lot of retailers on the internet does this and they are released back to you in a few days. Don't bother asking them to release them to you, they can't.

[quote name='fadeandraid']Has anyone had any luck returning the Amazon.com orders to Amazon for credit? There's nothing on the site I want right now but wouldn't mind ordering and returning another GH2 for credit to Amazon.com.

I'm just nervous the credit may accidentally not get applied to my Amazon account.[/quote]

Not worth trying anymore. They stopped sending credit to users long ago. Now, Amazon sends the credit to Trainn (since they saw a TON of returned gift orders coming from them).

Trainn could give you the credit, but it would probably take quite a while. That, or they could just ignore you completely.

[quote name='Rig']Not worth trying anymore. They stopped sending credit to users long ago. Now, Amazon sends the credit to Trainn (since they saw a TON of returned gift orders coming from them).

Trainn could give you the credit, but it would probably take quite a while. That, or they could just ignore you completely.[/quote]

Wow. Thanks for the info!

I'm glad I asked before trying that.

This was dealt with in the other thread, but I just want to make sure this is ok. I have the following charges on my account after signing up with complete home:

Adteractive 0014157622266 CA $1.01

TLG*SHOPPERS ADV PURCH 800-562-8888 CT $1.00

They are the same, right? As in, the Adteractive will go away?

The credit card I used to sign up for a few of these things has expired, and now the account number is different. I've still yet to cancel some stuff like stamps.com, but since the card # is different they won't be able to charge it. If I don't cancel them in time, and the charge doesn't go through, will I be reported to Trainn for fraud (even though it isnt)?

Or should I not even bother to cancel?

[quote name='BrownThunder']The credit card I used to sign up for a few of these things has expired, and now the account number is different. I've still yet to cancel some stuff like stamps.com, but since the card # is different they won't be able to charge it. If I don't cancel them in time, and the charge doesn't go through, will I be reported to Trainn for fraud (even though it isnt)?

Or should I not even bother to cancel?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's fraud. For the sake of freebie sites EVERYWHERE, just make sure you cancel. It'd be appreciated by all of us in the long run.

Reason being the more people whom commit fraud it'll lead to certain offers being taken down. Stamps.com is a VERY popular offer not just for this site, but for a lot of freebie sites. These kinds of patterns will cause more offers being taken down OR their payout be lowered. If there payouts are lowered, then that would just suck eh? :whistle2:(

...Sorry :booty:
Just make sure you cancel like you normally would :)

[quote name='Rig']I always see new posts in here, and then get excited, thinking the update will have arrived.

Blah.[/quote]

same

[quote name='lilboo']Yes, that's fraud. For the sake of freebie sites EVERYWHERE, just make sure you cancel. It'd be appreciated by all of us in the long run.

Reason being the more people whom commit fraud it'll lead to certain offers being taken down. Stamps.com is a VERY popular offer not just for this site, but for a lot of freebie sites. These kinds of patterns will cause more offers being taken down OR their payout be lowered. If there payouts are lowered, then that would just suck eh? :whistle2:(

...Sorry :booty:
Just make sure you cancel like you normally would :)[/quote]

Don't exaggerate. Some of you blow so much of this stuff out of proportion it's borderline ridiculous.

No. It's not fraud. Fraud would be if he was still getting the service and using fake or stolen #'s. If he leaves the old card on, they just won't be able to charge it and his service would be cancelled by them. It's not the same thing as using stolen credit cards. Fraud means he'd be getting the service still, and when he initially signed up, the card was good.

I'm not condoning leaving it up. If you know you're not going to be able to pay for the service, they would end up cancelling it for you, but it's hardly a big deal to pick up the phone/shoot them an email, saying you don't want the service anymore.

It's not fraud though, not even close. The chance of Trainn or any other site like it losing an offer because of this situation is slim to none. Someone getting a new credit card and neglecting to change the # or decided not to go forward with the service and let it lapse is just laziness and silly to accuse or even compare it to fraud. I'm sure hundreds of people using these freebie sites have let things lapse and probably even more have actually defrauded.

[quote name='BrownThunder']The credit card I used to sign up for a few of these things has expired, and now the account number is different. I've still yet to cancel some stuff like stamps.com, but since the card # is different they won't be able to charge it. If I don't cancel them in time, and the charge doesn't go through, will I be reported to Trainn for fraud (even though it isnt)?

Or should I not even bother to cancel?[/quote]

It's not fraud. Your acct would just lapse. You're just lazy. Do yourself a favor, call them or email them and tell them after your trial membership is over you don't want the service any longer.

Fraud would only be if it was a stolen # or something like that. The expired card is/was yours, and you're just being lazy.

It IS fraud on freebie sites. It's not the legal type of fraud in which you would be using a stolen credit card or some shit like that.

Fraud, in the freebie sites, consists of a few things. Using fake information is one. Signing up for an offer and canceling IMMEDIATELY you get credit for it is considered fraud as well.

1 person isn't going to ruin it all, no one ever said that. I know I didn't. BUT it all adds up. If more & more people do certain violations of the freebie sites ToS, bad things like removal of offers or low payrates IS very possible.

Today is the 1st time I placed my account for review and to my surprise the " Click Here to Place Order " link has already showed up without waiting the usual 4 days. Ever happen to anyone else?

Now where is that update?

[quote name='lilboo']It IS fraud on freebie sites. It's not the legal type of fraud in which you would be using a stolen credit card or some shit like that.

Fraud, in the freebie sites, consists of a few things. Using fake information is one. Signing up for an offer and canceling IMMEDIATELY you get credit for it is considered fraud as well.

1 person isn't going to ruin it all, no one ever said that. I know I didn't. BUT it all adds up. If more & more people do certain violations of the freebie sites ToS, bad things like removal of offers or low payrates IS very possible.[/quote]
That's absolute crap. It is NOT fraud. At the absolute most, it's against the TOS, but all he's considering doing is letting the membership lapse. When he signed up the card was GOOD. Where in the TOS does it say anything about memberships lapsing?

1. He signed up for Stamps.com with a legit credit card, at that time, at the time of the trial, the card was good.

2. That card expires. Stamps has already been "paid" for that first month/trial of service.

3. The trial is over. Expired card gets declined, Stamps cancels the service.

It's just letting his membership lapse. It's not fraudulent to do that. Fraud would be if he was still getting the service AFTER the card lapsed.

What if he's paid for 1 month of service? Then on the day the payment for the NEXT month is due the card gets declined? The service STOPS.

Quit making shit up and blowing things out of proportion, while what you say is true regarding cancellations etc, it does not apply to this guy and his Stamps situation. Being LAZY is not fraud.

I did Stamps.com about a year ago on another freebie site. I was thinkin about doing it again in YF360games with a new credit card. Only problem is I had trouble canceling them last year. Think I should try again with a new card?

I haven't given up on the site yet, but I am growing more and more disapointed with them as of late.

When I first signed up for the site, I placed my first order for the Guitar Hero III bundle. I ordered it about a week or 2 before it was to be in stores. I was hoping to have it as soon as it came out. It didn't show for another 2 weeks after, but it did come. It also came from Red Octane so I got all the extra goodies. So even though it took about 4-6 weeks it came & cost me only $10 (gamefly & simply you), I was thrilled. I started telling everyone about the site and quickly had about 6 referrals.

I placed my next order back on Dec. 1st. This time around I ordered a Halo 3 Spartan Controller. I was going to use it as a Tournament Prize at a LAN Party I was helping to run on Dec. 15th. Yeah I should have ordered it a bit sooner, but I figured 2 weeks should be plenty of time. 1 week to process and it would be shipped the following Mon-Tues and should be there by the Thurs before the LAN. Well I waited and waited and no sign of it. Finally that Friday night I went to my local BB and had to purchase one. I figured I would just return the one from Train to BB when it came.

I created a support ticket on Dec. 21st to find out if they could track it down. Almost a week later (Dec. 26) I got the following response:

I am sorry to hear your controller has yet to arrive and apologize for the inconvenience.
Once shipped, items typically arrive within 3-5 business days, however, some have taken as much as 10 days to arrive.
As yours has taken longer then that, we have filed a shipment claim on your original shipment and are going to be re-shipping another to you. You can expect your replacement to arrive within the next 3-5 business days.

Well as of yesterday (Jan. 8) I still have not received a controller. I re-opened the support ticket this past Friday & have not heard back yet. Luckily I have until the end of the month to re-turn the controller to BB to get my refund. Normally I would only have until this weekend to return it, however since I purchased it in Dec. they gave you until Jan 31st. Regardless I am still out $60 until it comes.

I placed another order on Dec. 14th for a 2nd Guitar Hero III and another order on Dec. 26th for the Rock Band game. I am currently at the "Shipping Soon" status on GH3. But I did get the shipped email on the Rock Band game on Jan. 2. So I am expecting that this week, but who knows.

My younger brother signed up & has been waiting for them to add the new DDR. He signed up in Dec. and when there was no Dec. update he got a bit nervous. He did email them a week or 2 back and they did respond saying they will be doing a Jan update. They said in about a week or 2, so that should be any day. But still no update as of yet.

Hopefully my controller shows up today along with my Rock Band game. And they do the update this week.

[quote name='Coyotezeye']I haven't given up on the site yet, but I am growing more and more disapointed with them as of late.

When I first signed up for the site, I placed my first order for the Guitar Hero III bundle. I ordered it about a week or 2 before it was to be in stores. I was hoping to have it as soon as it came out. It didn't show for another 2 weeks after, but it did come. It also came from Red Octane so I got all the extra goodies. So even though it took about 4-6 weeks it came & cost me only $10 (gamefly & simply you), I was thrilled. I started telling everyone about the site and quickly had about 6 referrals.

I placed my next order back on Dec. 1st. This time around I ordered a Halo 3 Spartan Controller. I was going to use it as a Tournament Prize at a LAN Party I was helping to run on Dec. 15th. Yeah I should have ordered it a bit sooner, but I figured 2 weeks should be plenty of time. 1 week to process and it would be shipped the following Mon-Tues and should be there by the Thurs before the LAN. Well I waited and waited and no sign of it. Finally that Friday night I went to my local BB and had to purchase one. I figured I would just return the one from Train to BB when it came.

I created a support ticket on Dec. 21st to find out if they could track it down. Almost a week later (Dec. 26) I got the following response:

Well as of yesterday (Jan. 8) I still have not received a controller. I re-opened the support ticket this past Friday & have not heard back yet. Luckily I have until the end of the month to re-turn the controller to BB to get my refund. Normally I would only have until this weekend to return it, however since I purchased it in Dec. they gave you until Jan 31st. Regardless I am still out $60 until it comes.

I placed another order on Dec. 14th for a 2nd Guitar Hero III and another order on Dec. 26th for the Rock Band game. I am currently at the "Shipping Soon" status on GH3. But I did get the shipped email on the Rock Band game on Jan. 2. So I am expecting that this week, but who knows.

My younger brother signed up & has been waiting for them to add the new DDR. He signed up in Dec. and when there was no Dec. update he got a bit nervous. He did email them a week or 2 back and they did respond saying they will be doing a Jan update. They said in about a week or 2, so that should be any day. But still no update as of yet.

Hopefully my controller shows up today along with my Rock Band game. And they do the update this week.[/quote]

I hear you. I wait 3 weeks on my GH3 bundle, only for them to tell me that I will have to wait forever. I ask if I would receive GH2 sooner, and they said it should ship very soon, in comparison to GH3.

I have been stuck at the shipping soon status for my GH2 for the past two weeks, and at this rate, I should have kept it on GH3, because I ordered my GH3 bundle on the 7th of Dec.

I see people having a lot of problems with the bundles...and I can't help but feel like they should have saw it coming. Getting a bundle that costs 75-100 dollars for like 2 dollars? I can't imagine what percentage of users of the site are trying to get them. I'm sure no company could have prepared for the types of numbers they are doing on those 2 games alone. But good luck to all who did do it...I already have Bioshock and I just ordered Mass Effect on Monday so hopefully that comes at a decent time. It took 3 weeks (one to ship, 2 to arrive) for Bioshock but people have reported getting regular games faster.

Hey guys I went ahead tried the remaining 2 Scholastic offers. Here are details on the offers. If you have any more info and suggestions regarding these offers please do so.

Word Advantage
Cost: $13.98
Trial Duration: 7 Days
Cancellation Number: 1-800-724-1818
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Special Notes: Like the other Scholastic offers there will be a link to cancel your order within 24 hours. If you cancel your trial membership within 7 days (ETA for your books is 2-3 weeks. I don't understand why this is even here.) they will refund your $9.99. The 6 free gifts are yours to keep. Just return the Breath of Fresh Air storybook and the accompanying audio CD.

Interactive Kids
Cost: $14.94
Trial Duration: 7 Days (No link, you must call)
Cancellation Number: 1-800-353-3140
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat - 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Special Notes: Another Scholastic offer however there will be NO link to cancel your order within the 24 hour period. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed!
If for any reason the fun interactive learning with Dora doesn’t thrill your child, simply return the Lost City Adventure CD-ROM to us within seven days – at Scholastic’s expense – for a full refund. No questions asked. Nothing more will be sent, and the FREE Dragon Tales CD-ROM and FREE Mousepad are truly yours to keep with our thanks for giving the club a try.

I shot off an email to Scholastic At Home (Interactive Kids) to request an order cancel, still waiting to hear back before I call. Looks like you will have to wait and receive the books before you can return it for a refund. Instant Credit!

Ok cool so Word Advantage works EXACTLY like Dr Suess & Disney??

When I did Disney, I wasn't charged anything. Just $1 to authorize, and then I got the email like 36 hours how letting me cancel. So if I do this, will this only authorize $1 again? OR does this one authorize the $13.98?

[quote name='OMEGAMAN']I see people having a lot of problems with the bundles...and I can't help but feel like they should have saw it coming. Getting a bundle that costs 75-100 dollars for like 2 dollars? I can't imagine what percentage of users of the site are trying to get them. I'm sure no company could have prepared for the types of numbers they are doing on those 2 games alone. But good luck to all who did do it...I already have Bioshock and I just ordered Mass Effect on Monday so hopefully that comes at a decent time. It took 3 weeks (one to ship, 2 to arrive) for Bioshock but people have reported getting regular games faster.[/quote]

I just received Eternal Sonata yesterday after it shipped on the 5th. Super fast shipping!!! YAY

[quote name='lilboo']Ok cool so Word Advantage works EXACTLY like Dr Suess & Disney??

When I did Disney, I wasn't charged anything. Just $1 to authorize, and then I got the email like 36 hours how letting me cancel. So if I do this, will this only authorize $1 again? OR does this one authorize the $13.98?[/quote]
Word Advantage
I checked my bank statement I see no $13.98 charge but i do see a $1.01

Interactive Kids
$14.94 charge, you will get a refund when you return the books

[quote name='lilboo']It says 5-7 days to credit. Did it credit properly or did you need MCR?[/quote]

So word advantage takes 5-7 days to credit but I already cancelled and I'm gonna have to file for an MCR.

Question:
What if I didnt cancel within 24 hours and waited the 5-7 till I got credited then I assume it will probably be a partial refund from Scholastic. Since by that time it will be too late to click on the 24 hour link and your only hope is to return the items. Notice how they say your stuff will arrive within 2-3 weeks.

Suggestions?

Finally got my $100 BestBuy giftcard from Trainn :D

Heres my little story. I made a request to change GHIII Bundle into a GC a while back and was told it was shipped out on 12/21. So I emailed them last Friday asking about it since I have yet to receive it. Well today I finally got it from DHL through express shipping, according to the tracking it was shipped out yesterday from Trainn's location (IL).

So if you haven't gotten your gift card from last month, give them a call/email, they may have forgot to ship it out.

My Bioshock arrived today! Extremely quick this time, as it has only been a couple days since it went to "Shipped" status!

Too bad my Best Buy gift card still hasn't arrived, and that was shipped well before Bioshock. Hopefully, they reply to my email soon!

They must've sent out a bunch of orders after the holidays. I just got my 4000 points card and the Simpsons Game.

I joined, signed up for four offers (At Home Rewards, Stamps.com, Yahoo Success Center, Privacy Matters), and ordered my rewards all on December 29. Not even two weeks from signup to reward! And three of the four offers are already cancelled, without any issue on any of them (so far).

Again, gotta say thanks to everyone in this thread for providing enough info to convince me to try this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back