Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

[quote name='scrub0bk']Damn it seems they took amazing web store down, i need 1 more credit for another game, anyone have any good ones?[/QUOTE]
Good. It was a terrible offer. The only two possible outcomes were "instant credit" or "no credit and no email." If you got the former, great. If you got the latter, you have a very difficult MCR that may be rejected, even after providing every bit of information you have.

If I did GotVoice on April 10 and I need to have been a member for 10 days for credit, can I send in an MCR today?

[quote name='CJayC']If I did GotVoice on April 10 and I need to have been a member for 10 days for credit, can I send in an MCR today?[/QUOTE]

If you want your credit to go away and have to send back your game.

J/K. I'd just wait until tomorrow. That's what I'm doing. It's not like you have to call them.

[quote name='munch']If you want your credit to go away and have to send back your game.

J/K. I'd just wait until tomorrow. That's what I'm doing. It's not like you have to call them.[/quote]

Ok thanks. I guess with MCRs going by business days it doesn't really matter if I do it today or tomorrow.

i did two offers last night, both instants, and neither credited. kinda pissed but maybe i'll get credit on a business day.

Anyone done the free credit reports? I'm thinking of doing Grant's Consultant and either one of the credit reports or Emusic.

Holy crap...I just checked some of my old credit card bills and Great Fun has been charging me for awhile. WTF...time for an angry call monday :bomb:

[quote name='mojoe_24']Anyone done the free credit reports? I'm thinking of doing Grant's Consultant and either one of the credit reports or Emusic.[/quote]

Search is your friend.

I have done both Freecreditreport.com and creditchecktotal - both creditted the next day, I believe and were easy.

When cancelling, the CSR will try everything to get you to stay, but no moreso than any other offers.

Well, I know people have completed them. I really just wanted to know if there were downsides to them. Does it hurt your credit doing them or anything? Junk mail?

The MCR form asks if you have cancelled this account. What should I say if I'm going to cancel in a few hours?

hey guys anyway to cancel amazing webstores online.I try to call them but there are not there on the weekends and their voicemail is full,thx!

anyone know how to cancel gotvoice? i cant find any info on the site.

also, whats the trial duration for credit check total?

edit: nvm its all in the OP.

[quote name='mojoe_24']Well, I know people have completed them. I really just wanted to know if there were downsides to them. Does it hurt your credit doing them or anything? Junk mail?[/quote]

Doing sites like freecreditreport.com don't hurt your credit score.

[quote name='CJayC']The MCR form asks if you have cancelled this account. What should I say if I'm going to cancel in a few hours?[/quote]

I would say that you haven't canceled it because you haven't.

[quote name='thrillednchilled']I would say that you haven't canceled it because you haven't.[/quote]

Thanks and yea thats what i decided to do.

Does trainn usually let you switch your prize if its still processing? I ordered GTA IV but i think im gonna pick it up from amazon with overnight shipping so i wanna switch it to something else, will they normally let me do this?

[quote name='scrub0bk']Does trainn usually let you switch your prize if its still processing? I ordered GTA IV but i think im gonna pick it up from amazon with overnight shipping so i wanna switch it to something else, will they normally let me do this?[/quote]

Yes, as long as they haven't submitted an order yet you'll be fine. It's worth a try. Just submit a support ticket telling them the order you want changed and what you want it changed to. Worked for me when GH II was out of stock.

[quote name='scrub0bk']Does trainn usually let you switch your prize if its still processing? I ordered GTA IV but i think im gonna pick it up from amazon with overnight shipping so i wanna switch it to something else, will they normally let me do this?[/quote]

Yes the will, send them a support ticket telling them you want to cancel the order and order a different game and they'll credit your account and your free to order again.

Hrm, this is interesting. I put in a support ticket to Trainn asking what my earnings for the year were so far, and they said that I was up to $576. Adding up the MSRP of the games I've ordered it's at $450, would tax and shipping really be that much? I had cancelled one order, for a Rock Band guitar, so I'm wondering if that got tossed in there without them realizing it. That'd be $510 then, which would be much closer to their estimate.

Finally, after two months, numerous emails and 3 support tickets GHIII and The Orange Box arrived. Thanks CAGers for letting me know about this deal. Apparently it was a series of mishaps that lead to such a long delay, but oh well, paying 8 bucks for 150 worth of stuff is worth a little wait.

[quote name='Okatha']Hrm, this is interesting. I put in a support ticket to Trainn asking what my earnings for the year were so far, and they said that I was up to $576. Adding up the MSRP of the games I've ordered it's at $450, would tax and shipping really be that much? I had cancelled one order, for a Rock Band guitar, so I'm wondering if that got tossed in there without them realizing it. That'd be $510 then, which would be much closer to their estimate.[/quote]

It seems like alot, but they have been using Next or 2nd Day air for alot of the recent shipments so I wouldn't be surprised if the shipping is that much, especially if you got any GH or RB bundles shipped to you. The Rock Band Guitar you cancelled could be in there though so I'd look into it. It appears their bookkeeping might not be that great considering they screwed up Rig's Taxes and it seems very hit or miss with who is and isn't getting 1099'ed at the end of the year.

Also I'm thinking there is no way any of us are getting credit via MCR for Amazing Web Store. They will not respond to email or phone requests for the confirmation emails that are required, and I just got a response to my support ticket stating that they will not accept cancellation emails or confirming web pages. :cry:

No wonder they took this offer down from the site.

Anyone hear anything else on this one?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']It seems like alot, but they have been using Next or 2nd Day air for alot of the recent shipments so I wouldn't be surprised if the shipping is that much, especially if you got any GH or RB bundles shipped to you. The Rock Band Guitar you cancelled could be in there though so I'd look into it. It appears their bookkeeping might not be that great considering they screwed up Rig's Taxes and it seems very hit or miss with who is and isn't getting 1099'ed at the end of the year.

Also I'm thinking there is no way any of us are getting credit via MCR for Amazing Web Store. They will not respond to email or phone requests for the confirmation emails that are required, and I just got a response to my support ticket stating that they will not accept cancellation emails or confirming web pages. :cry:

No wonder they took this offer down from the site.

Anyone hear anything else on this one?[/quote]

I submitted a support ticket last week when all the Pacific Web Works offers were redirecting to stamps.com instead of the correct offer. Here is the response I got....

"Unfortunately, the Pacific Web Work offers went down unexpectedly due to issues with their sites. However, they are working on the issue and the offers should become available again on our site this week."

So we might see them back up later this week, maybe next week.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']
Also I'm thinking there is no way any of us are getting credit via MCR for Amazing Web Store. They will not respond to email or phone requests for the confirmation emails that are required, and I just got a response to my support ticket stating that they will not accept cancellation emails or confirming web pages. :cry:[/QUOTE]
I just got the same response. What a bunch of crap. The password email has the headers to confirm its legitimacy, and the rest of the information they say they need (username, product, exact time of signup to the second) is right there in the confirmation page I also provided. They could easily use it to check records with the company, but they're hiding behind the exact wording of their policy.

And after requesting a confirmation email twice by email and once by phone, and not seeing a single person here say they received one, I don't believe Amazing Web Stores is ever going to be willing or able to provide one--especially now that I've cancelled.

At least it was only $1.95, but I'm more annoyed about my wasted time.

I just received a GHIII bundle out of nowhere. My wife called me @ work and said I got in another one that I didn't ordered or even had any credits for. I Love Trainn!

Sent in an MCR for Gotvoice today, and signed up for eMusic.

Hopefully these will both work out, and hopefully a GH: Aerosmith offer will pop up in June. :D

So, it eMusic just slow or something? I signed up earlier today; haven't received a single email yet, they haven't charged my card, and I got stuck with one of the unskippable "bonus offers" after signing up and just closed the window. ???

If you read through the thread, you'll see it's pretty common for eMusic to take a little while to send you an email. It took me a little over a day. But you'll eventually get one.

stupid GotVoice and Credit Check Total didnt credit. now i have to wait for MCRs.

thats a total of five MCRs that i'll be waiting for now. so lame.

Wow, ordered Guitar Hero III Wired Bundle at around 8pm and the status went to shipped at around 9:30pm. Very impressed, they have really been doing a good job on shipping lately.

Well after 15 days i got my MCRs for Autovantage and Great Fun. I have not received any of my "free 10 dollars" from those two sites but what can you do. Im gonna order gta 4. WOO WOO

I sent in a MCR for Disney Book Club 10 days ago and haven't been credited. I hope this one goes through later in the day.

Ah man, I've been lucky with my first 7 offers. All of them credited, but yesterday I did Credit Check Total, FreeCreditReport.com, and Your Credit Report and none of them credited.

MCR's here I come....eventually

Along those same lines...

I got confirmation emails for both Credit Check Total and FreeCreditReport.com but didn't get one for Your Credit Report.

Anyone else have that same issue?

[quote name='taint mcgee']Well after 15 days i got my MCRs for Autovantage and Great Fun. I have not received any of my "free 10 dollars" from those two sites but what can you do. Im gonna order gta 4. WOO WOO[/quote]

Did you fill out the online forms to get the free stuff from those sites?

So it seems like Credit Check Total and Free Credit Report are somehow related. I think maybe they both are separate companies that sign you up for the same service?

When I called to cancel Credit Check Total the girl on the phone said that she saw 2 accounts for me, one active and one that was canceled last week. So I think she was referring to my Credit Check Total account that I canceled last week.

Be careful with Overnight Genius. When my girlfriend called to cancel, they said that it order for me to keep credit, they'd have to charge a one time fee of $19.99. She said it was in their terms & conditions. I basically told her to tell them to go to hell. No where does it say that we will lose credit, or they have to charge $19.99 for it.

Just be careful.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']Be careful with Overnight Genius. When my girlfriend called to cancel, they said that it order for me to keep credit, they'd have to charge a one time fee of $19.99. She said it was in their terms & conditions. I basically told her to tell them to go to hell. No where does it say that we will lose credit, or they have to charge $19.99 for it.

Just be careful.[/QUOTE]

That's messed up. And how did they know you were doing it for a credit. That's odd.

[quote name='munch']I sent in a MCR for Disney Book Club 10 days ago and haven't been credited. I hope this one goes through later in the day.[/QUOTE]
All five MCRs I've filed have credited exactly on the 10th business day. Usually mid-afternoon, I think, but definitely no sooner than the 10th day, later in the day.

[quote name='munch']That's messed up. And how did they know you were doing it for a credit. That's odd.[/quote]

I'm guessing some of the information they gather is what site you clicked through to get to their signup page. If its a TraInn site they probably assume that you are only signing up for the credit. That said, it is very odd for them to call you out on it. Most of the CSRs I have talked to just took the cancellation info and possibly they read a canned statement to convince me to continue with the service or asked why I was cancelling, that was it.

I'm not sure what you ended up doing, but I'd suggest calling back to get a different CSR and hopefully they will not hassle you. If they end up charging you, you can always call your CC company to dispute the charge.

i have two questions and can't bring myself to read through 75 pages...

is stamps.com an instant credit or mcr?

i am unsure of when i should clear my cookies, i did it before clicking "continue with this offer" with stamps, govoice, and aws with no success with any of them.

[quote name='mcdaking84']if I use a different persons name for credit check will it still credit?[/quote]

You need to provide your SS# for those offers so I think the only lway to do them is to use your info.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']You need to provide your SS# for those offers so I think the only lway to do them is to use your info.[/quote]

yeah my gf wanted to check her credit score so she gave me hers. I wondered if I could use her name for credit, but I haven't got credit yet and it has been half an hour

[quote name='mcdaking84']yeah my gf wanted to check her credit score so she gave me hers. I wondered if I could use her name for credit, but I haven't got credit yet and it has been half an hour[/quote]

Not sure it it will work or not, I have to think they cross-reference the name/email you use to sign up, with what you use to sign up for the TraInn site so that might not help you out.

I just looked and I did Credit Check Total and it credited instantly. I got a confirming email from TraInn for completing the offer before I even got a thank you email from Credit Check Total.

[quote name='thrillednchilled']Did you fill out the online forms to get the free stuff from those sites?[/quote]

Ya i filled out all the forms. Even sent in the mail in form for autovantage.

I've been waiting nearly a month for my MCR for Autovantage. The strange thing is when I called Autovantage to cancel on a Monday, they said that I had already canceled the previous friday. Either I was stoned out of my skull, or they just didn't like me.

bread's done
Back