FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

[quote name='Javery']That would be cool I guess but I really want to see more of the other universe - that is the most compelling thing about the show - how everyone has a slightly different version of himself/herself.[/QUOTE]

the irony is, you posted this 4 hours before they cut off your different versions

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm sure they'll revisit the continuation of the future episode before the end of this season, otherwise what was the point?

Guess Olivia died which sucks that September was right. I'm guessing the necklace that Henrietta had with a dented bullet was the culprit.[/QUOTE]
I doubt it. Remember, it was the 19th episode. Traditionally that's always their wackier place for fun stuff, like the musical episode, etc.

^Sadly, probably only us in this thread will get the reference.

Another great episode but it was sad how it ended. I'm gonna miss them. : (

I wonder if the universe reset will still effect the whole "Man X" part of the animated ep. If something happened to Olivia before they all ambered themselves, it could have something to do with him.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I doubt it. Remember, it was the 19th episode. Traditionally that's always their wackier place for fun stuff, like the musical episode, etc.[/QUOTE]

Actually I wasn't aware of that.

[quote name='neocisco']Hey, Link, you might want to spell check the title. :)[/QUOTE]

Oops. Thanks.

That scene was badass! Can't wait too see how this season ends tomorrow night. One thing that bugs me is that Astrid let Walter go to the docs to find Bell without notifying anyone on the FBI like Broyles, Peter, or Olivia.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That scene was badass! Can't wait too see how this season ends tomorrow night. One thing that bugs me is that Astrid let Walter go to the docs to find Bell without notifying anyone on the FBI like Broyles, Peter, or Olivia.[/QUOTE]

Astrid's hot in that "Big Bang Theory" nerd way

bishop good shot right in the middle

fantastic ep so that bullet must be the one they showed in ep 19 from the future still wonder where Olivia is in that time line because we know she survives the bullet

"they are coming" so that must be war is coming cannot wait for the end

Such an amazing season finale. Very satisfying. Personally I would've been pleased with that as a series ending. Lots more thoughts to collect and post later.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Such an amazing season finale. Very satisfying. Personally I would've been pleased with that as a series ending. Lots more thoughts to collect and post later.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It was just about perfect. Looks like next season will be all about
the war with the Observers
. It should be awesome.

I've waited 4 seasons for
Olivia to have super powers, and the episode ends with Walter saying she's probably normal now. fuck you, Fringe.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Such an amazing season finale. Very satisfying. Personally I would've been pleased with that as a series ending. Lots more thoughts to collect and post later.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, except I would have not have been pleased with it as a series ending due to the last scene.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've waited 4 seasons for
Olivia to have super powers, and the episode ends with Walter saying she's probably normal now. fuck you, Fringe.
[/QUOTE]

That was the one thing that left me disappointed.

Also I totally saw that Wolverine thing coming, and it was sick!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Agreed, except I would have not have been pleased with it as a series ending due to the last scene.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if it wasn't renewed, that scene wouldn't have been in there.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I'm sure if it wasn't renewed, that scene wouldn't have been in there.[/QUOTE]

We both would hope that was the case. However, there are many canceled TV series that ended with huge cliffhangers.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Agreed, except I would have not have been pleased with it as a series ending due to the last scene.[/QUOTE]
I didn't mind it so much, because we got the 2036 episode with a glimpse into a possible future. I was fine with it after that.

Also, I guess all of the fuss about the Wave Sink Device from the last few seasons was just a red herring...

[quote name='rpg']Do u guys think will get a sad ending or a happy one?[/QUOTE]

I don't know - probably happy since the overlying theme of the show is really Peter and Olivia's relationship - but whichever way it goes I think we will get a satisfying ending.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They did say they recorded two endings, one as a series finale and one with a cliffhanger for S5.[/QUOTE]

I do recall hearing about that.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I didn't mind it so much, because we got the 2036 episode with a glimpse into a possible future. I was fine with it after that.

[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. I guess I could have been satisfied with that. Though, I'm so happy we get 13 more episodes in the Fall. :D

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Since September's prediction about Olivia came through, does that mean that Olivia is alive in the future episode that we saw?[/QUOTE]

Yes - I think so. Maybe her whereabouts are unknown though - her daughter was wearing the bullet that Walter pulled out of Olivia's head but I think she is most likely alive (maybe everyone just thinks she is dead?).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Since September's prediction about Olivia came through, does that mean that Olivia is alive in the future episode that we saw?[/QUOTE]
i think she's in a deep meditation with monks trying to get her powers back to fight back :lol:

ps if she was not in amber that means shes going to be older in age

Trippy

john-noble-fringe-jack-nicholson-joker.jpg

[quote name='rpg']Do u guys think will get a sad ending or a happy one?[/QUOTE]

I hope it gets a sad ending such as Olivia dying so that we end with Peter having a great parallel for Walter's pain and decisions.

[quote name='Tony Stark']Anyone's comments on Friday's episode?[/QUOTE]

It was bananas. I can't believe they would kill her off like that. I'm not sure I like the season so far but I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's just not fun anymore. I really enjoyed the parallel universe and all of the little quirky differences. Also, no Lincoln Lee this season is a bummer.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I have been so disappointed in Fringe that it isn't even funny now.[/QUOTE]

what about the breaking into Harvard if you have done LSD line? lol

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I have been so disappointed in Fringe that it isn't even funny now.[/QUOTE]

It is definitely different but I'm reserving judgement until the season (series) is over. I wish we knew more about why the observers were taking over and how it related to all of the fringe events that the gang has been investigating all this time. I also wish they would tie everything together with Olivia's powers, the alternate universe and the machine, etc. These shows never end well though - it's all about the ride I guess.

I'm still curious if Mr X is going to have a part in the end or if that got retconned out when they did the universe reset.

Hmm, just did a search and writers are saying that William Bell was Mr X. I would file that under retcon then since Mr X and Bell were 2 separate people in the LCD ep.

[quote name='Tony Stark']Why would an Observer (September) even help humans against them...

...thats what doesnt make sense to me[/QUOTE]

Probably the standard character type who is morally superior to the villains even though he is one of them himself.

I'm on the fence about this season. It reminds me a lot of the Gantz manga where they went from fighting individual aliens (bad scientists in Fringe's case) to an apocalyptic battle with an invading alien race.

I'm wondering if the observers started as regular humans that had those things inserted into their heads and with age became bald & pasty. Makes me wonder if...

September is Peter's future self and September's existence was the reason why Peter could not be erased and why September was at Alkalai Lake to save Peter & Walter

Seems a bit cliche, but considering this season contains a "quest to find X to destroy Y" story, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bezerker']I'm on the fence about this season. It reminds me a lot of the Gantz manga where they went from fighting individual aliens (bad scientists in Fringe's case) to an apocalyptic battle with an invading alien race.

I'm wondering if the observers started as regular humans that had those things inserted into their heads and with age became bald & pasty. Makes me wonder if...

September is Peter's future self and September's existence was the reason why Peter could not be erased and why September was at Alkalai Lake to save Peter & Walter

Seems a bit cliche, but considering this season contains a "quest to find X to destroy Y" story, who knows.[/QUOTE]
That would be amazeballs...definitely in the Fringe vein of full-circles.

That blows man, hopefully you can catch it on demand later.

BTW with the things that occurred this past Friday, does anyone else here think that Peter is going to become
September?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That blows man, hopefully you can catch it on demand later.

BTW with the things that occurred this past Friday, does anyone else here think that Peter is going to become
September?
[/QUOTE]

The concept seems interesting. I could see that happening.
Peter being the first and original Observer, is a good chicken vs egg argument. I really hope the alternates(& Lincoln) come into play before the end.

According to the Fringe Wikia my theories about Peter's future may be wrong. It says that September is
The boy in the basement

Gotta say, the end of the last episode was way too on the nose to be taken seriously
Peter writing down something about Windmark's origin point and then pulling out a tuft of hair?

bread's done
Back