FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Agreed. I almost wish they had run this one before the winter break. It would've been a fantastic cliffhanger.[/QUOTE]

That was the original plan, but since the World Series ran long this episode was pushed to after the break.

Just watched the recent episode - this show continues to be great. I really hope we get another season but I'm not holding my breath... especially since the showrunners have come out and said that the season finale could act as a series finale if they don't get picked up.

I almost worry if Fringe was to continue onto another season it would just mean opening up more universes and not expanding on the ones we already have.

Wow. Again. They've been playing possum this season, because it has REALLY amped up the last two weeks.

There was a nice bit of synergy to Alcatraz this week, too. In Alcatraz's second episode, the sniper had a mantra, something to the effect of "47 slats in the picket fence." This week in Fringe we learned that
Dr. Jones has 47 shape-shifters
. I know how important numerology is to J.J. Abrams productions, and whether it was intentional or just coincidence we'll probably never know, but I got a kick out of it.

Sorry if old...

:/

Fox’s entertainment chief and self-proclaimed Fringe fanatic was candid as he could be about the health of the JJ Abram’s ratings challenged darling. After calling the effort “a point of pride,” Reilly acknowledged that they “lose a lot of money on that show. At that rating, on that night [Fridays], it’s impossible to make money… and we’re not in the business of losing money.” Still, he insists no decision has been made and urges fans to refrain from the launching a letter writing campaign just yet.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...nge-american-idol-tca-fox-kevin-reilly-279500

I think the fact that Fringe has gotten this many seasons is surprising. I'm certainly not complaining, but it's ratings just haven't justified 4 seasons. Reilly's love for the show is probably the main factor in the 4th season even happening at all. Any other executive probably would have just axed it instead of giving it a shot on Friday. I'm fully prepared for it to end after this season and I suspect the producers are too. I'm sure they have had enough foresight to have a good series finale ready for May.

Anway, that scene with the i-beam this week was something else. Nice work with some of the Inception-like effects as well. It's always interesting when
The Watchers The Observers
show up.

Well this week was interesting with observers showing off several abilities. The overall episode was just okay for me. It was less Astrid-centric than I was expecting.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I understand the sentiment, but I'm not sure I like what Astrid did at the end of this week's episode of Fringe.[/QUOTE]

Well to paraphrase Henry Winkler, "What Mama Alt-strid don't know, won't hurt her." Oh and insert a tattoo of Roy Orbison.

If Observers know all past, present, and future events as they have already experienced it, how is it that our friendly neighborhood observer got shot?

Also, bump for tonight's episode!

Just stick with it through at least the end of the first season. At times the first season can seem a bit slow and formulaic, but it really does build up to a resounding finale and then once you hit season 2, it's on!

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Also, rumblings about a 13 episode season 5, and if not a renewal, possibly a continuation in comic book form, ala Buffy.[/QUOTE]

A 13 ep fifth season to wrap it up would be just fine with me. 5 seasons for a show with the ratings Fringe has had is on par with Friday Night Lights, quality persevering despite low numbers.

I need someone who has been with the series since day 1 (or has seen all the episodes)

I joined this season, but I randomly downloaded the Pilot on Amazon (it was free), the Pilot episode seems to make the series all about Olivia

from watching this season it seems like its about Peter and Walter...so whose it about?! lol

[quote name='Javery']It's an ensemble at this point but probably at its heart it is really a show about Peter, Olivia and Walter.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply...

you said "at this point" implying that it was initially about Olivia

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wouldn't really say that. All three have had episode arcs that focus primarily on them in one season it another.[/QUOTE]

Right. Without spoiling anything, each of them have complicated back stories that intersect and they have explored this pretty evenly throughout the series (although I guess the first few episodes of Season 1 were more of the "Monster of the Week" variety and Olivia was the one in charge of hunting them down). The show has done an excellent job since Season 2 of weaving in the mythology of the show with those types of "standalone" episodes. It's really a shame that it isn't more popular - I bet if it was on cable and had the same ratings people would be mentioning it alongside Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, etc.

if you look up the season finale in May the name of the two part episode is named "Endgame" idk if thats a back up plan for the fans that would clear up every story line but leave room for an extra season if need be

Wow. Amazing episode... I really want to see more of this future. We better get another season. I feel like there are a ton of stories yet to be told.

Anyone else notice the twitter hash that was being shown in the lower right corner on Fox - "#FightTheFuture"? X-Files anyone?

Am I the only one that noticed Walter having William Bells hand not making sense?

when they showed William Bell (leonard nimoy) he had his hands crossed and was relatively far away from the edge of the ember yet Walter had William Bells open hand which was still incased in ember

so...
1. his hands were crossed so his hand open is not relatively possible
2. he was too far away from the edge of the ember for Walter just to take his hand

I would guess that because leonard nimoy is retired from acting, they used stock footage, and just didnt care about this little hole

[quote name='Tony Stark']Am I the only one that noticed Walter having William Bells hand not making sense?

when they showed William Bell (leonard nimoy) he had his hands crossed and was relatively far away from the edge of the ember yet Walter had William Bells open hand which was still incased in ember

so...
1. his hands were crossed so his hand open is not relatively possible
2. he was too far away from the edge of the ember for Walter just to take his hand

I would guess that because leonard nimoy is retired from acting, they used stock footage, and just didnt care about this little hole[/QUOTE]
Maybe I'm remembering funny, but I thought Belly had one hand outstretched. They can cut through the amber, so I didn't pick up on any problem here.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Maybe I'm remembering funny, but I thought Belly had one hand outstretched. They can cut through the amber, so I didn't pick up on any problem here.[/QUOTE]

i swore he had his arms crossed, but I was viewing on a 20' LCD from across the room

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Maybe I'm remembering funny, but I thought Belly had one hand outstretched. They can cut through the amber, so I didn't pick up on any problem here.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

One hand was out stretched.

Peter and Astrid were near each other in the second amber area.

Belly was in the third area and his hand was out stretched. Walter and Astrid were looking at him. Astrid had a shocked/horrified look on her face and said "William Bell?!" then Walter said "Shhhhhh" revealing an instrument in his hand.

It was an amazing episode! This future looks like either another completely new timeline or what happens in a previous one.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the hardest thing about the whole episode was that the whole time I kept imagining Desmond needing to input numbers to keep this universe from imploding.

First I have to say that I really liked the opening for this episode. Next I do have to reiterate what some of you guys have said about wanting to learn more about this universe. Though the wife feels the opposite way, she wishes they would stop opening up new worlds and get back to the basics.

reverse-1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

RENEWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/04/26/fringe-renewed-for-final-season-by-fox/131104/?utm_campaign=WP%20%3E%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

I was a little worried there as I was getting Deja Vu with Dollhouse & Sarah Connor Chronicles finales having them go into a dystopian future as well.

If anything I would've thought the future would be the porcupine people since some of them survived IIRC. Maybe tomorrow's ep has a Porcupine ppl vs Observer throwdown.

[quote name='Bezerker']I was a little worried there as I was getting Deja Vu with Dollhouse & Sarah Connor Chronicles finales having them go into a dystopian future as well.

If anything I would've thought the future would be the porcupine people since some of them survived IIRC. Maybe tomorrow's ep has a Porcupine ppl vs Observer throwdown.[/QUOTE]
um i dont think they will go to the future in the last episodes its going to be present time the future i think was a one time ep

I'm sure they'll revisit the continuation of the future episode before the end of this season, otherwise what was the point?

Guess Olivia died which sucks that September was right. I'm guessing the necklace that Henrietta had with a dented bullet was the culprit.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm sure they'll revisit the continuation of the future episode before the end of this season, otherwise what was the point?

Guess Olivia died which sucks that September was right. I'm guessing the necklace that Henrietta had with a dented bullet was the culprit.[/QUOTE]

yeah, Olivia was definitely dead in that future. I don't think they will go back but I think they will make it clear that the Fringe team avoids that timeline through some event in the present. I wouldn't mind another episode like that though - it was awesome. I mean, you could make an entire series out of that one episode. Spin-off!!!

I heard that the future was going to be the next story arc. The season will end showing how Walter and the others got encased in the amber.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I heard that the future was going to be the next story arc. The season will end showing how Walter and the others got encased in the amber.[/QUOTE]

That would be cool I guess but I really want to see more of the other universe - that is the most compelling thing about the show - how everyone has a slightly different version of himself/herself.

bread's done
Back