FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Is there a set date for season 4 yet?[/QUOTE]

Presumably next September, same as always.

And
Walternate didn't come to our universe by choice, he was brought over by Peter.
That was made very clear.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']
And
Walternate didn't come to our universe by choice, he was brought over by Peter.
That was made very clear.[/QUOTE]

What I was talking about was not
the end of the episode but the possible future that Peter('s mind) visited. He(Walternate) said he came over to our universe on a "mercy mission".

I got the impression the "Mercy Mission"
was right before the destruction of his universe (his last ditch effort to save it) and when it failed and his universe was destroyed he was trapped in ours.

I agree with you but
they way they have made Walternate attitude and character, it just doesn't seem to me like something he would even consider doing. Mr. Secretary doesn't seem to me to have any Mercy nor ask for it ever.

It's going to be great. This is my favorite sci-fi show on TV right now and second favorite show overall (Sons of Anarchy).

^ Thanks.

----------

What did you guys think of last night episode?
I thought it was solid as usual, but man they better not drag Peter being gone all season long.

What a massive letdown...I'm not a big fan of the addition of what I assume is a guy to fill in the Peter-void. Just felt kinda drug out and slow for being a season premiere IMO...I imagine it will get better but I would hope they don't beat around the bush too long when it comes to advancing the story.

What building was it that the Observer was in front of when
he was flipping the switches that would presumably get rid of Peter?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']What a massive letdown...I'm not a big fan of the addition of what I assume is a guy to fill in the Peter-void. Just felt kinda drug out and slow for being a season premiere IMO...I imagine it will get better but I would hope they don't beat around the bush too long when it comes to advancing the story.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it was quite good actually. We had observers, shapeshifters, Fauxlivia, the story was advanced and we saw glimpses of Peter. They also got Lincoln Lee involved with "our side". Also, Anna Torv needs an Emmy - I swear those are two different people she is playing.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']What a massive letdown...I'm not a big fan of the addition of what I assume is a guy to fill in the Peter-void. Just felt kinda drug out and slow for being a season premiere IMO...I imagine it will get better but I would hope they don't beat around the bush too long when it comes to advancing the story.[/QUOTE]
That guy may not even be in the next episode. I remember in the last season opener (or maybe it was some other season opener), they had a random woman agent who they made it look like she was going to be a new member of the team, but completely disappeared after said episode. Shame, she was cute too.

Apparently that guy is
the person who took over for Broyles in the parallel universe.
I had no idea.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']What building was it that the Observer was in front of when
he was flipping the switches that would presumably get rid of Peter?
[/QUOTE]
I assume it was
the building where Walter's lab is.

One thing I picked up on but I may be wrong - Bolivia has referred a couple of times this season to Alt-Broyles, in the present tense. Is that to say because Peter doesn't exist, Alt-Broyles doesn't die? Interesting.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']One thing I picked up on but I may be wrong - Bolivia has referred a couple of times this season to Alt-Broyles, in the present tense. Is that to say because Peter doesn't exist, Alt-Broyles doesn't die? Interesting.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. This has to be the correct assumption - none of the characters know the truth so there isn't any way to let the audience know... they are doing a great job so far weaving in the mythology but giving us standalone episodes.

I did think it would have been cooler
if the professor on our side ended up becoming a serial killer though.

[quote name='Javery']I was wondering the same thing. This has to be the correct assumption - none of the characters know the truth so there isn't any way to let the audience know... they are doing a great job so far weaving in the mythology but giving us standalone episodes.

I did think it would have been cooler
if the professor on our side ended up becoming a serial killer though.
[/QUOTE]
While they did lay the groundwork that he'd be fine, I still think there's potential for that.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Nah, I liked what Broyles said about the sould having an imprint.

Very solid episode, really dug it.[/QUOTE]

yeah - that was an obvious nod to Peter still making an imprint on Olivia and Walter, etc. Also, when he said that line to Olivia one of the Observers was standing in the background at the hospital. Really cool.

I'm also shocked that they haven't brought Peter back yet. 99% of shows like this have some massive cliffhanger and resolve it all in the season premiere. This show is great but I'm thinking we should enjoy it while we can. The ratings are awful and I don't know why no one is watching it.

[quote name='Javery']yeah - that was an obvious nod to Peter still making an imprint on Olivia and Walter, etc. Also, when he said that line to Olivia one of the Observers was standing in the background at the hospital. Really cool.

I'm also shocked that they haven't brought Peter back yet. 99% of shows like this have some massive cliffhanger and resolve it all in the season premiere. This show is great but I'm thinking we should enjoy it while we can. The ratings are awful and I don't know why no one is watching it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wonder why the ratings are poor this season. /sarcasm

Without Peter, the show loses a lot of its luster and quite frankly it feels like the show is just going on without him.

Being run 95% like it was WITH Peter, with a 5% sprinkle of what's going on with him being gone. Just not enough progression of the story and what's happening, I don't think anyone wants the whole season to go on without Peter and a real advancement of the story.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Yeah I wonder why the ratings are poor this season. /sarcasm

Without Peter, the show loses a lot of its luster and quite frankly it feels like the show is just going on without him.

Being run 95% like it was WITH Peter, with a 5% sprinkle of what's going on with him being gone. Just not enough progression of the story and what's happening, I don't think anyone wants the whole season to go on without Peter and a real advancement of the story.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the ratings have gone down this season. They have always been low and they continue to be. No one watching this show for the last 3 seasons will bail because Peter hasn't been in the first 2 episodes (even though he has). I also don't think that Peter will be "gone" for the entire season - I expect him to be back at some point during the first 1/2.
I mean just this past week ended with him calling out to Walter for help.

The shows ratings so far have been roughly the same as they were in the second half of the last season.

Although, the ratings have significantly dropped through the last two seasons. If the same happens this season, I can't believe they'll actually renew it.

I read somewhere that there's actually a 7-year blueprint for the show. Unfortunately I don't think it'll last that long, but I wouldn't mind a wrap-up feature film ala Firefly/Serenity.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I read somewhere that there's actually a 7-year blueprint for the show. Unfortunately I don't think it'll last that long, but I wouldn't mind a wrap-up feature film ala Firefly/Serenity.[/QUOTE]

Man, 7 years would be sweet although it seems like a pipe dream at this point. I'd be happy with 3 more seasons of 13 episodes each or something a little more condensed so they get to finish telling the story.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']One thing I picked up on but I may be wrong - Bolivia has referred a couple of times this season to Alt-Broyles, in the present tense. Is that to say because Peter doesn't exist, Alt-Broyles doesn't die? Interesting.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that was Alt-broyles that they show in the episode. Only Alt-broyles wore shirts rather than a suit. My confusion is if they're saying Olivia was still captured & replaced by Bolivia before the merge, how does Peter disappearing mean that Alt-Broyles didn't help Olivia escape and die in the process?

[quote name='Bezerker']-how does Peter disappearing mean that Alt-Broyles didn't help Olivia escape and die in the process?[/QUOTE]

I second this, though I doubt they will explain this. I thought the same exact thing when I saw him, in his all T-shirt glory.

The most recent episode gave more weird differences in the universe due to Peter's non-existence.

Olivia apparently never used her powers to cross over nor did she meet any of the other kids from the experiment.
Olivia is also apparently buddy-buddy with Nina. I think Nina mentioned something like "I haven't seen you this nervous since Prom".

[quote name='ChibiJosh']The most recent episode gave more weird differences in the universe due to Peter's non-existence.

Olivia apparently never used her powers to cross over nor did she meet any of the other kids from the experiment.
Olivia is also apparently buddy-buddy with Nina. I think Nina mentioned something like "I haven't seen you this nervous since Prom".[/QUOTE]

Yeah pretty interesting stuff. Wonder if things will be going back to semi-normal now that Peter has returned, or if he'll just fit in as a new person in the alternate timeline that he created.

The lack of Lincoln in the episode was a bummer, but I still enjoyed the episode.

I have to wait and see how the next episode plays out but I almost feel like the writers are trying to keep Lincoln and Peter separated. The way he has been the main male in Peters absence and then the Peter focused episode, keep him out completely.

Also something else I have been pondering is with all the changes made to the universe is agent Francis still dead(note they have made reference to shape shifters, so that could very well be the evidence that Francis was still killed by one) or is he alive and just not part of the FBI or maybe he will tie in as a bad guy later?

Sorry, guys, no Fringe this week. The Cardinals won, pushing the World Series to Game 7. The up side is that you get a "to the wire" Series without losing an ep, just have to wait to watch it. If you don't like baseball, well, there is no up side (plus you're a pinko commie).

Pretty good episode this past week. So are they implying that we have been watching a 3rd universe all season? Peter suggested that he needed to get back to his reality or something like that.

[quote name='Javery']Pretty good episode this past week. So are they implying that we have been watching a 3rd universe all season? Peter suggested that he needed to get back to his reality or something like that.[/QUOTE]

I think he's either just given up on trying to convince everyone that they just forgot him or he's starting to believe that he may be from another universe. I don't think there's actually a third universe.

Technically wouldn't that
make the Walternate's side yet another universe(the fourth), because they abducted this Olivia(yellow/orange universe), did not lose Broyles, Faux-livia didn't have Peter's baby. I just am having a hard time believing these are new universes, I think they just need to be "Repaired" by Peter.

[quote name='Javery']Pretty good episode this past week. So are they implying that we have been watching a 3rd universe all season? Peter suggested that he needed to get back to his reality or something like that.[/QUOTE]

That's what it sounded like, but I find it really hard to believe. My guess is that the Observer will need to go back in time and save Peter like he was supposed to, to bring him back into the timeline. But then again, it doesn't really make sense why he had to be gone in order to create the portals between both worlds.

Maybe the machine will do something, since it was on the upcoming preview for the Fall Finale :/

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Technically wouldn't that
make the Walternate's side yet another universe(the fourth), because they abducted this Olivia(yellow/orange universe), did not lose Broyles, Faux-livia didn't have Peter's baby. I just am having a hard time believing these are new universes, I think they just need to be "Repaired" by Peter.
[/QUOTE]

That'd be quite the mindscrew.

I think his comment of needing to go back just meant he's going to let things happen naturally; either he gets removed from the timeline completely (as the Observer was supposed to do), or the universe accepts him again (he's not going to force it). I figure it'll be a long way until either of those things happen, if at all.

Well, looks like this is the last season as the writers have packed it in, all these distractions from the real case. Looks like its over....

I don't see what makes you say that. I mean, yeah it's on Friday's where shows go to die. But I'd say it's too soon to tell...then again, that's just wishful thinking on my part. I want this show to go on.

Watching the Alcatraz commercial yesterday I thought, how great would it be to have these shows back to back.

I don't think it's a quality issue, I think it's just the frustration that they're doing "monster of the week" episodes when we're all banging our fists on the table for movement in the bigger overall storyline.

The preview for 2012 looks amazing, though. That's where all the good stuff is. Looks like Peter goes to Walternate for help, ends up at his alt-mother's facing down a manhunt, I thought saw the machine that Walter built originally to take Peter in 1985, as well as an Observer with an important message for Olivia.

I'd say this is the final season. It only got 2.8 million viewers for its latest episode, a series low. Chuck got more viewers on Friday, with 3.2 million viewers...

I really enjoyed last night's episode. It's been one of the better episodes I have seen in awhile. What did everyone else think?

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I really enjoyed last night's episode. It's been one of the better episodes I have seen in awhile. What did everyone else think?[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I almost wish they had run this one before the winter break. It would've been a fantastic cliffhanger.

bread's done
Back