FRINGE - Now On Netflix...Watch it again!

I recently started watching Fringe and I was pretty much hooked from the start. Typically, I would watch at least two episodes on nights I don't have anything else to watch from my DVR. Last night, I watched the last two aired episodes of Season 3 so far. Definitely, one of the best shows on TV right now. I absolutely love the characters and in the beginning it felt like an X-Files clone but, it has grown past that. I can't wait for tonight and will be DVRing all the episodes from here on.

If Fox cancels Fringe after the move to Friday night next year I'm done with them.

I finally watched last week's ep and I have to post this quote.

Walter-"It's all because of that temptress. She--she tricked my son with her--with her carnal manipulations and he--and he fell right into her vagenda!"

Astrid-"...vagenda?"

:rofl:

[quote name='neocisco']I finally watched last week's ep and I have to post this quote.

Walter-"It's all because of that temptress. She--she tricked my son with her--with her carnal manipulations and he--and he fell right into her vagenda!"

Astrid-"...vagenda?"

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yeah that part had me rolling as well.

I finally watched last night - great episode. I really really really hope they renew it for another year at least. There are so many possibilities with the parallel universe and everything - such a cool world they've created.

One thing I'm trying to understand though is
why it is so difficult to cross over? Walter did it 30 years ago to get Peter (and kept the door open long enough to go to Peter's house, kidnap him and bring him back) and yet they seem to have a hard time with this. Is it that they can do it but won't because they are trying to figure out a way that doesn't damage the other side with the tears in the universe?

i'd have to rewatch to make sure but yeah I'm going with the no way to do it without breaking the universe thing.

but they've done it.. did it with a building, then the bridge with red walter, and then just now
with the Olivia

Also, it is well known in the alternate universe that another universe exists, right? And that the Fringe team was assembled to protect them against the perceived "war" our side is waging on theirs, right? They seem to believe that if they don't destroy our universe we will destroy theirs.

[quote name='javeryh']Also, it is well known in the alternate universe that another universe exists, right? And that the Fringe team was assembled to protect them against the perceived "war" our side is waging on theirs, right? They seem to believe that if they don't destroy our universe we will destroy theirs.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Also, I'm pretty certain that they're not done with the alternate universe...I doubt we'll get the alternating episodes, thought I wouldn't mind it.

Also kinda funny to see that Alt-Olivia seemed to have fallen in love with Peter, makes you wonder had he not been kidnapped if they would have hooked up. If things work out, maybe he can score a threesome :lol:

[quote name='javeryh']Also, it is well known in the alternate universe that another universe exists, right? And that the Fringe team was assembled to protect them against the perceived "war" our side is waging on theirs, right? They seem to believe that if they don't destroy our universe we will destroy theirs.[/QUOTE]
Correct, My question is, when did the Fringe Team assemble? Was it after the event that opened the huge black hole that swallowed a bunch of people in the river or was it another event that caused the team to form? Has this even been addressed yet in show? Maybe, it formed after Walter took alt-Peter?

I have more questions too, like where is the other William? Are the observers essentially another race that tries to keep both of the universes in balance? Were all of the shape shifters created by William Bell or was the technology just borrowed from him? Or did Walternet create them?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Correct, My question is, when did the Fringe Team assemble? Was it after the event that opened the huge black hole that swallowed a bunch of people in the river or was it another event that caused the team to form? Has this even been addressed yet in show? Maybe, it formed after Walter took alt-Peter?[/QUOTE]

I think the Fringe Division was formed about 10 years ago - maybe more. There was an episode where Olivia referenced the FBI and was told that the FBI had been shut down over 10 years ago. I think Fringe Division took the place of the FBI.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I have more questions too, like where is the other William? Are the observers essentially another race that tries to keep both of the universes in balance? Were all of the shape shifters created by William Bell or was the technology just borrowed from him? Or did Walternet create them?[/QUOTE]

I'm also wondering about Alternate William Bell and what happened to him. Also, I wonder if we will eventually come across our Agent Lee. I'd like some more back story on the Observers and the shape shifters too and how they fit into everything...

[quote name='LinkinPrime'] If things work out, maybe he can score a threesome :lol:[/QUOTE]it could be like scoring twins only better.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Correct, My question is, when did the Fringe Team assemble? Was it after the event that opened the huge black hole that swallowed a bunch of people in the river or was it another event that caused the team to form? Has this even been addressed yet in show? Maybe, it formed after Walter took alt-Peter?

I have more questions too, like where is the other William? Are the observers essentially another race that tries to keep both of the universes in balance? Were all of the shape shifters created by William Bell or was the technology just borrowed from him? Or did Walternet create them?[/QUOTE]I'd have to assume that Fringe Team was established after the black holes started forming. Probably under the supervision of Red-Walter. I'm almost positive it was established that RedFringe established as a result of the black holes. Maybe I'm wrong though. the same way I'm almost positive that Blue-William Bell took over Red-William's life. Didn't he say what happened to his alternate? As for the observers.. that's above my pay grade. I don't even hunt for them in the episodes but I'm sure there is a fair amount of established theory on who they are. I just don't know it.

[quote name='javeryh']I think the Fringe Division was formed about 10 years ago - maybe more. There was an episode where Olivia referenced the FBI and was told that the FBI had been shut down over 10 years ago. I think Fringe Division took the place of the FBI

I'm also wondering about Alternate William Bell and what happened to him. Also, I wonder if we will eventually come across our Agent Lee. I'd like some more back story on the Observers and the shape shifters too and how they fit into everything...

[/QUOTE]

I remember that episode. It is very reasonable that Fringe Division replaced the FBI since our Fringe team is a division of the FBI.

I'm thinking they will have to go back to the observers and shape shifters eventually. I swear I remember in the Season 2 finale Walter asked Bell about the shape shifters and he said something about creating them. Or maybe Walter asked Bell if he created all the shape shifters and Bell didn't answer him.

[quote name='Wolfkin']

I'd have to assume that Fringe Team was established after the black holes started forming. Probably under the supervision of Red-Walter. I'm almost positive it was established that RedFringe established as a result of the black holes. Maybe I'm wrong though. the same way I'm almost positive that Blue-William Bell took over Red-William's life. Didn't he say what happened to his alternate? As for the observers.. that's above my pay grade. I don't even hunt for them in the episodes but I'm sure there is a fair amount of established theory on who they are. I just don't know it.[/QUOTE]

Right, but if Walter and Bell first interacted with the other universe back in the 60's at Harvard, wouldn't that mean this is when the first black hole occurred? Or did the first event not cause a black hole?

Definitely, agree it was formed under the supervision of Red-Walter. It's possible that it formed after the black hole in the river, the one they showed on TV during the last episode.

I honestly can't remember what Bell said about his alternate, I know it would have took place in the two part Season 2 finale.

Well, it seems the observers don't interfere unless something is out of whack. I believe they "observe" events to make sure things happen as they have seen it in our universe.

Does anyone know if the "observers" have appeared in the alt-universe?

William Bell said his alternate died in a car accident.

The Observers have appeared on the other side. They're the reason Walter went over in the first place. One of them distracted Walternate when he was working on a cure for Peter.

[quote name='StealthNinjaScyther']William Bell said his alternate died in a car accident.

The Observers have appeared on the other side. They're the reason Walter went over in the first place. One of them distracted Walternate when he was working on a cure for Peter.[/QUOTE]

Okay I think I remember that now.

Oh okay, I do remember the person coming in to Walternet's lab but, I wasn't sure if it was one of the Observers.

I just saw FOX is moving fringe one of my favorite TV shows to Friday nights. That's where fox sends shows to die. I wouldn't be surprised if it's canceled in 3 months. F U fox you always seem to do this to great shows. Thanks for listening to my rant

[quote name='mastagoalie']calm down, fringe will do good in any time slot it has, 5 am bring it on dv-r! boo yaa[/QUOTE]

If it were doing well, it wouldn't have been moved. The best ratings this season are only about half of the best ratings of last season. Plus the best ratings of last season were about equal to the worst ratings of season 1.

As much as I don't want this to be canceled, I'm not keeping hopes up. I just hope the series has some sort of ending to it.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']If it were doing well, it wouldn't have been moved. The best ratings this season are only about half of the best ratings of last season. Plus the best ratings of last season were about equal to the worst ratings of season 1.

As much as I don't want this to be canceled, I'm not keeping hopes up. I just hope the series has some sort of ending to it.[/QUOTE]

Me too the only show in recent memory that I remember surviving the Friday move was x-files.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Just throwing out a link to the Fringe Thread. I know it got knocked back a couple pages. I sure hope Fringe can survive this move.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link

I didnt get into this show at the start but Ive recently caught some replays and it definately had my interest now..

Reminder....New episodes of FRINGE return today...don't forget to tune in or set your DVRs!

In the midseason premiere, which kicks off a string of six all-new episodes of FRINGE, an Observer makes contact with the Fringe Team to help rectify a mistake. Meanwhile, Walter befriends Roscoe Joyce, keyboardist for Walter's favorite 1970s band, "Violet Sedan Chair." Walter will learn the real reason the band broke up, and realize that the lives of these two men, who have never met before, overlap in strange and unexpected ways.

Trailer here: http://www.fox.com/fringe/recaps/season-3/episode-10

Almost forgot it was on tonight until saw an ad for it on the xbox. Doc Brown was probably my favorite part of the episode.

it's been a while since I got that 'Fringe Glee'
the happy sensation you get when you realize you have new episodes of Fringe to watch

It did 12% better than the last new Thursday episode. Very good news since the Fox president said that if they maintain the same ratings on Friday that they had on Thursday that would be more than enough to renew for a fourth season.

That's awesome! I totally found it funny that the first Friday episode was titled 'Firefly'. :lol:

Also, I was really hoping that Christopher Lloyd's character would have said "this is heavy" at some point.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That's awesome! I totally found it funny that the first Friday episode was titled 'Firefly'. :lol:

Also, I was really hoping that Christopher Lloyd's character would have said "this is heavy" at some point.[/QUOTE]

That was rather amusing about the title, "great scott" would have been gravy as well. :lol:

Speaking of Christopher Lloyd, has anyone heard.anything about Time, the fourth dimension? I just saw it listed on his IMDb.

[quote name='seen']I was hoping when Christopher Lloyd was hypnotized he would randomly call Walter, "Marty!"[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was thinking that they should have named the character's son Marty.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']There was a small Back to the Future reference in the show: When they ask Christopher Lloyd's character when his son died, he answered 1985.[/QUOTE]Torchwood went hard when they had James Marsters say "Thirsty now" as a reference to his Spike character and stuff like that is fun, but that 1985 was so soft I'm not 100% sure if we can count it. I caught it the second time around and I have to admit I haven't seen a meta reference that subtle since Brittany said she brushed her teeth with Dr. Pepper as a reference to Ke$ha in Glee.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']There was a small Back to the Future reference in the show: When they ask Christopher Lloyd's character when his son died, he answered 1985.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it wasn't 1985 because when I heard the year, I thought to myself..."they could have said 1985."

They said it was 25 years ago a few times which could be 1985... I was hoping there would be a reference too. When he said something like "the only thing I ever created was...." I was like please say the flux capacitor!

edit: opps wrong tab.

Though I have to say, I really hope everyone keeps tuning in. I want one more season, and not a rushed ending to fit into this season.

I heard 'alt' being thrown around a lot. 'Walternate' and 'Altlivia' make a lot of sense to use.

I think I might have missed a few minutes of the last episode.
Why was it surprising that William Bell wanted to find the copies of that book?

What the crap just happened?
So is the bowling alley guy (Sam, I think) not human? Is he one of the first people? How does he know what he knows?

Good news. I saw this on TV Guide.

The small but loyal cadre of fans for Fringe has followed the show to its new time period, Fridays at 9pm — doubling the rating of the canceled The Good Guys. It looks promising for a fourth season if Fox and the show's studio, Warner Bros., can agree on a lower license fee.

[quote name='neocisco']Good news. I saw this on TV Guide.[/QUOTE]

I hope so it had been holding a 1.9 and dropped to 1.6 last week. However, everything was hurting that night except for the Super Bowl commercial special on CBS. I really hope it gets a 1.9 or more this week and continues to hold around there. I'm hoping people who are Supernatural and Fringe fans choose to watch Fringe. The reason being since Fringe is more likely to be canceled because Supernatural is still holding the 1.0 it has had all season which is good for The CW.

bread's done
Back