Front Mission 4 only $22.59 at CDUniverse

Gnomeslayer

CAGiversary!
Seems like a pretty good deal considering the game just came out a little while ago. CD Universe seems like a pretty decent place, but just to make sure, does anyone have any experience ordering from them in the past? They have 75,000+ reviews at Bizrate, so I figured they were pretty good :)

660297.jpg

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?style=GAMES&pid=6680698

I'd be shocked if they do anything about it. In the fall they had the Eye Toy listed for $29.99. Me and a few people on the IGN PS2 boards ordered it (this was before I started posting here) and we all got USB Headsets even though our order confirmations all said we were getting the Eye Toy and the product page said Eye Toy.

One of the people who ordered it was a mod on the board and he contacted them and they said it was an error and they would take it back for a refund and they would send the Eye Toy once it restocks. When everyone else contacted them, their e-mails were ignored.

Needless to say, they don't handle price mistakes well.

my predictions are that this game will be cheaper then this by the time the 45 days are up...so they'd be smart to get it in stock after the universal drop...which would then be overcharging you...

i FIANLLY got a real answer!!

The distributor we were suppose to be getting this title from will not sell
it to us at the price they had originally said. We are currently trying to
obtain this piece from another distributor.

im not very happy with it, but i feel it to be hoinest and understandable, i dont know y they didnt just send this e-mail to everyone that ordered the game, since its much more understandable than "youre in backorder hell"

well it is unlikely that anyone will get it but either way if you cancel the order they would have no reason to fill it. if its open at least there is still a chance though very remote.

Mine also says it is still processing. I'm doubtful I'll get it, but I'll leave it there until it drops in price somewhere.

I've still got a backlog of over 20 games left to beat, so it's not like I was super excited to get another game. Damn this website and it's cheapness!

Hm...well, even though I posted this deal, I decided against getting Front Mission. Instead, I ordered Shenmue for $6.15, it says it's shipped already. Some of the cheap deals on that site are for real.

[quote name='punqsux']i FIANLLY got a real answer!!

The distributor we were suppose to be getting this title from will not sell
it to us at the price they had originally said. We are currently trying to
obtain this piece from another distributor.

im not very happy with it, but i feel it to be hoinest and understandable, i dont know y they didnt just send this e-mail to everyone that ordered the game, since its much more understandable than "youre in backorder hell"[/quote]

So basically they're inthe same boat we are-vendor says Price is X, then they say Well, nope. Kinda sucks, doesn't it, CDUniverse? Not a real professional way to run a business. And there you are, *going to another distributor*. After a point it's not even about the price, it's about how it's handled--and you've got a bunch of people here who might be 'going to another distributor.'

Wow, I can't believe their website blatantly lies. At the time I ordered the game, it was listed as "in stock".

Actually, I had expected this since this sort of crap is routine when ordering from them, but it's still disappointing.

Just got this email:

Unfortunately, there was a pricing error on the PS2 game, Front Mission 4.
Currently, the item's page has been removed from our website, and the
product will display as "no longer available" on your order status. Please
disregard this status listing as we are working on fulfilling all existing
orders for this game. If you had placed an order for multiple copies, we
are only able to honor 1 at the erroneous price. We sincerely apologize
for any inconvenience this may have caused, and please feel free to email
[email protected] if you have any further inquiries.

Thank you for shopping at CD Universe.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
www.cduniverse.com

Looks like they're honoring the prices...

I just recieved the following Email from them:

Dear Jeremy,

Unfortunately, there was a pricing error on the PS2 game, Front Mission 4.
product will display as "no longer available" on your order status. Please
disregard this status listing as we are working on fulfilling all existing
orders for this game. If you had placed an order for multiple copies, we
are only able to honor 1 at the erroneous price. We sincerely apologize
for any inconvenience this may have caused, and please feel free to email

Sincerely,

Customer Service
www.cduniverse.com

We'll see if they do actually send it out.

[quote name='Gnomeslayer']I ordered Shenmue for $6.15, it says it's shipped already. Some of the cheap deals on that site are for real.[/quote]

No way! I tried to order Shenmue on DC, and it said it was backordered since 6/22/02! I did order Mr. Driller and Silhouette Mirage, but still! Arg.

I got the same letter as DreamSymphony and shadowrunner, so maybe we'll still get the game, they'll just have to take the hit for their mistake, because it seems to say they WILL ship the game at the incorrect price when they get in their next shipment.

Hopefully.

Sweet. Looks like all that ordered are going to get 1 copy of the game. They can't put FM4 as "in-stock" on their website until all the mis-priced orders are fulfilled. I think this is an very good compromise as it was a pricing error. Better then it being cancelled. Like Fye and the Mafia deal.

I got the same email too ;)

Dear Masterkyo,

Unfortunately, there was a pricing error on the PS2 game, Front Mission
product will display as "no longer available" on your order status.
Please
disregard this status listing as we are working on fulfilling all
existing
orders for this game. If you had placed an order for multiple copies,
we
are only able to honor 1 at the erroneous price. We sincerely
apologize
for any inconvenience this may have caused, and please feel free to
email

Sincerely,

Customer Service
www.cduniverse.com
===========================

Hopefully, they'll shipped all the order out next week or 2 !!

I also got the same email. If they go ahead and honor it, they may get me back as a regular customer as they could have easily pulled what SamGoody did with FF:CC

Me nine, with the email.
Better than an outright cancel, and at least they're saying 'Here's what happened'.
But I don't count my games before they're played, especially given this caveat: "we are working on fulfilling all existing
orders for this game."
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and hold an opinion in check until further update. They do get kudos, however, for at least appearing like they'll honor their advertised price.

What happened with Sam Goody?

Just checked and got the same e-mail. IF they do come through on this, I know I will check their prices on things in the future. It's only fair.

Of course, conversely, if they let all the orders run out to 45 days and then relist, I will never shop there again. It's only fair.

ya, i got the same e-mail too from them... hopefully it wont take that long to re-stock the item and ship it out to us... -_-;;

[quote name='drae'][quote name='Gnomeslayer']I ordered Shenmue for $6.15, it says it's shipped already. Some of the cheap deals on that site are for real.[/quote]

No way! I tried to order Shenmue on DC, and it said it was backordered since 6/22/02! I did order Mr. Driller and Silhouette Mirage, but still! Arg.[/quote]

:shock:

Mine order status says it shipped out on 6/29 :shock:

Maybe you should e-mail them and ask about it? My order status clearly says it shipped.

Watch me end up getting Shenmue 2 or something :x :p

Dear Jordan,

Unfortunately, there was a pricing error on the PS2 game, Front Mission
product will display as "no longer available" on your order status.
Please
disregard this status listing as we are working on fulfilling all
existing
orders for this game. If you had placed an order for multiple copies,
we
are only able to honor 1 at the erroneous price. We sincerely
apologize
for any inconvenience this may have caused, and please feel free to
email

Sincerely,

Customer Service
www.cduniverse.com

Sounds like I'll still be getting a copy.

Smells like another FYE or BestBuy.....lol
They have cheap prices sometimes like when I ordered the DDR bundle a long time ago for $49.99(and I sold the mat alone for $69.99), but my last order for 6 EyeToy's for $29.99/each did not go so well. They sent me the Sony SOCOM headsets so I had to go through the hassle of returning them(prepaid label) and waiting for the refund. They wouldn't ship the real EyeToy's(then $49.99).

MY 2 other games have been shipped (Xenogears and Final Fantasy Chronicles) although i chose standard shipping (All at once). The status of my Front Missions 4 is still "no longer available", however, I also got the email like everyone else who ordered the game. It came from [email protected] so i hope that it is reliable and that we can receive our games.

[quote name='drae']No way! I tried to order Shenmue on DC, and it said it was backordered since 6/22/02! I did order Mr. Driller and Silhouette Mirage, but still! Arg.[/quote]

My copy Shenmue arrived today :?

It had a price sticker on it that said, $54.95 :lol: Only $9.15 for me :D

This just in:
Config Ord Ship Artist / Title Price Detail Status
PS2 1 0 Front Mission 4 $22.59 Backorder

Our supplier has run out of the items flagged as "backorder". We will continue to try to get these items for you and ship them as soon as we receive them. Some backorders come in the very next day, some never come in.
After 8/12/2004 backordered items will be automatically cancelled. You can cancel backorders yourself by clicking the Order Status link on our home page."
Thank you for shopping at CD Universe!
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us by clicking here

Ordered Items:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered 1 PS2 Front Mission 4 ($22.59): Backorder

Our supplier has run out of the items flagged as "backorder".
We will continue to try to get these items for you and ship
them as soon as we receive them. Some backorders come in the
very next day, some never come in.
After 8/11/2004 backordered items will be automatically
cancelled. You can cancel backorders yourself by clicking the
Order Status link on our home page.

Thank you for shopping at CD Universe!
Should you have any questions, feel free
to contact us at here:
http://www.cduniverse.com/help/help.asp?page=contact

I wonder if they arnt just trying to get us to cancel these orders. There's no way in hell another distributer is going to sell them fo CDU for less than 25 a peice and even if they did get then in stock under regular circumstances they arnt going to give us a deal that amounts to a 50% off deal.

So is anyone else keeping up hope on this one?

Well, a friend of mine told me about the deal when it happened, so I ordered. The exact same thing happened to me. Since my local Meijer had a bunch of sales for yesterday only, I was abl4 to get Front Mission 4 for $40. Not as cheap as before, but good for me since I really wanted it. I just cancelled my order from CDuniverse too.

I am not really RUSH to pickup this game right now (Still stuck with La Pucelle:tactics).

Ohhh well.... i have to wait till they cancel it :(

Maybe enough people will cancel that they'll take the hit on the ones who don't.
How can a brand new game,that probably doesn't appeal to the mass market, instantly 'run out of stock'?

If they do cancel it, after a string of misleading emails, then they've also cancelled my status as a customer.

My copy just shipped.

Order#: ##########
Order Date: Jun 28, 2004 02:19 AM EST
Ship Method: Standard
Ship Address:#######
############
#############
Order Status: Shipping

whooo 22.59 for front mission 4 sweetness.

r1s3n

I saw that they got the game in, although I canceled my order two weeks ago. The reason I didn't wait was because I found a copy of sale for a good price and I just didn't want to take the risk of possibly not having it. But anyway, I don't regret it since it's a great game.

Hey, according to the website, mine shipped as well, today. No email confirmation yet, but I guess those go out in batches.
And the game's page now has it back in stock, for regular price of 49.19
"List Price $49.99 (You save $0.80)"
I ordered one, they shipped one for the agreed upon price.
I take back anything negative I said about them. They made a mistake, and they stood by what they said. Kudos for them.
I can't check what I was actually charged yet, but will update if it's anything different.
I can't remember, was there a free shipping deal on this, or was shipping the 2.99 the chart shows?

[quote name='JCDenton']Beware their evil shipping policies if you order multiple games. A while ago, I ordered several games listed as "in stock". The next day, some of the games switched to "out of stock". They ended up shipping my order in 3 different parts and charged me 3 separate shipping fees despite the fact that all of the games would have shipped together if the website was accurate. Their customer service wouldn't refund the excess fees. I haven't ordered from them ever since they ripped me off, but this deal is too good to pass up. I'd cancel the two PS games if you don't want multiple shipping charges.[/quote]

That's just wrong. I noticed that too, in their shipping chart ['Shipping costs are per shipment, not per order.'] That part's not a problem, that's pretty common. So give me the option to 'have all items ship together.' Then if YOU [the store] ship separately, that's on you, like Amazon.com does. But if I order 3 things, request 'ship together', pay 4 bucks for shipping, the store shouldn't split up that order and charge me extra without notifying me and giving me the option.

[quote name='dtcarson']I can't remember, was there a free shipping deal on this, or was shipping the 2.99 the chart shows?[/quote]

Shipping was $2.99.

bread's done
Back