Front Mission DS for $19.99 GS

That's a good price. Never played the front mission games before, so I'll probably pick this up. I've liked what I've read about it in the reviews.

man, i bought it at the $35 price using the 10% off coupon and opened it up to show my bro (but haven't even played it)... damn, i shoulda known to wait...

Awesome, I was really wanting this game, no way I'd pay $35 for it though. $20 is a little more reasonable.

Thanks OP! In for one.

[quote name='phattsoe']man, i bought it at the $35 price using the 10% off coupon and opened it up to show my bro (but haven't even played it)... damn, i shoulda known to wait...[/quote] well if you wanted to couldn't you just buy another one and then return the new/wrapped one with the old ones receipt. so you save some amount of money

[quote name='evilchris']well if you wanted to couldn't you just buy another one and then return the new/wrapped one with the old ones receipt. so you save some amount of money[/quote]
yeah, just realized that. it is the cag way, after all... hopefully it's instore, too... then i can buy it at one gamestop at the mall and return (with old receipt) at the other one...

Damn, I paid a little more than this, worth it though to support the series over here. I was going to be buying another copy of this in less than 8 hours for a gift though, and I was about to do it from Amazon since they're the cheapest I could find online, thanks a ton OP.

Damn this game droped in price FAST. Espeically for a Square Enix game. Then again the Front Mission series doesnt do very well in the US. you can pick up Front mission 4 for the ps2 for about $7 used, $15 new i believe.
Prob going to pick this up

Damn, I almost bit, but with it being close to Christmas, I just can't.

I'm totally going to go pick up Front Mission 4 for $7 at GS tomorrow though. I need some giant-robot-tactical-goodness.

Ugh...this price is tempting...I definately loved the game. First Front Mission I ever played for the SNES and now finally released state side. With Xmas so close I can't afford to splurge. Thanks though OP.

I really enjoyed Front Mission 3 and Front Mission 4, but I've been procrastinating getting this game because I figured it might go down in price... especially after how fast Front Mission 4's price dropped. At $20 I'm fairly sure I'll pick it up.

[quote name='TheRookieMonster']What's this game about?

I see a big robot on the front cover...so i'm guessing it's not about horse racing[/QUOTE]

It's a SRPG in the vain of games like Shining Force and Final Fantasy Tactics; but, in contrast, you control robots and have a load of customization options. However, if you're completely new to the series, I recommend finding Front Mission 3 (PSOne) or Front Mission 4 (PS2)--the updated 3D graphics really made the series more enjoyable for me, especially since the mechs looks so much more bas-ass :)

Shining Force I and II were the first SRPG's that really hooked me, and, since those days, Front Mission 3 has really been the only other game in the genre that I whole-heartedly enjoyed.

Other than the mechs, my favorite part about the Front Mission series is that it's totally catered to players who like to use their brains and creativity, but not have to spend hours grinding for XP just to complete a battle; in other words, it's challenging, but in a way that doesn't require the player to waste a ton of extra time.

The DEMO for Front Mission 4 seemed really fun, but I never bought the game because I figured it would get too hard. I heard this one was knocked for being too "simple"? If so, this might be just right for me :)

(I take it it's a remake of the original SNES game that was never released here.)

The OP should mention how long the sale lasts.

Nice, I'd pay $20 to get the orig Front Mission! (to guy above me, yeah it is a remake of the orig Front Mission unreleased in USA - which is why I want it. Hooray for ports of classic games!!)

I would say I'm shocked, but considering Front Mission 4 dropped from 50 to 30 in less than 2 months, and then to 15 a month after that, I'm not.

Anywho, yet again I bought a Front Mission for full price, and yet again I wasn't disappointed. High recommendation to buy (as well as Front Mission 4 if you don't have it already)

Dave

Just bit on this one. I lost my last copy with my DS on a flight and was looking to replace it. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back