Fry's instore NDS/PSP price drops Dragon Quest V and FFCC: EoT for $5.88 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinksand

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride shows up on the Fry's website for $5.88. Here's the link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838683?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

You can't order it online, but you can set up a Store Pickup through the website.

I went to pick up my copy and found another Square Enix RPG for $5.88 -- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. Looks like you can order this one and have it delivered to your door. Another link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838743?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

It seems like every time someone makes a trip to Fry's to pick up one of these titles, a new price drop is found. This list isn't comprehensive (yet), but here are some of the other titles that CAG's have found. All are for the Nintendo DS.

Edit by Io: Here is the official Fry's clearance game trading thread. Please post all trade offers/requests here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236588
I also added the metacritic scores for all the games below.

Advance Wars: DoR - $10.49 metacritic score: 86
Animal Genius - $5.91 N/A
Arkanoid DS - $6.54 61
Avalon Code - $19.90 70
Away: Shuffle Dungeon - $4.18 65
Battles of Prince of Persia - $3.34 64
Bleach: The Blade of Fate - $8.43 83
Blue Dragon Plus - $8.76 69
Code Lyoko: Fall of Xana - $3.49 63
Dark Spire - $6.00 69
Dinosaur King - $7.12 61
Dokapon Journey - $6.00 60
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - $14.99 83
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - $14.99 75
Drawn to Life - $9.70 73
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero - $5.94 75
Exit - $19.80 64
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $8.40 75
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $6.54 77
Flash Focus - $5.07 59
Flipper Critters - $3.80 60
Fossil League: Dino Tournament Championship - $9.80 65
Front Mission - $9.70 72
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $4.74 79
Goosebumps Horrorland - $6.86 N/A
Guitar Hero on Tour-Decades (bundle) - $11.94 72
Harvest Moon DS Cute - $7.20 66
Honeycomb Beat - $3.56 61
Hoshigami Remix: Running Blue - $7.20 55
Hotel Dusk - $9.90 78
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja - $6.54 65
Jagged Alliance - $5.57 57
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles - $8.18 47
Jam Sessions - $2.39 72
Lock's Quest - $9.70 80
Luminous Arc 2 - $7.86 73
Magical Starsign - $9.99 69
Marvel Trading Card Game - $8.18 61
Master of Illusion - $4.88 69
Master of the Monster Lair - $6.54 63
Miami Law - $10.13 55
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer - $6.54 70
Nancy Drew: The Hidden Staircase - $4.67 N/A
Nanostray 2 - $3.85 75
National Geographic: Panda - $4.80 N/A
Neopets Puzzle Adventure - $8.18 70
New International Track and Field - $8.18 73
Ninja Reflex - $4.37 54
Ontamarama - $8.18 71
Pass the Pigs - $8.18 N/A
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice - $9.82 78
Pipe Mania - $3.34 71
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - $2.39 59
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - $2.39 59
Pop Cutie: Street Fashion Simulation - $8.18 72
Puchi Puchi Virus - $6.46 73
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - $14.99 67
Robocalypse - $8.18 78
Rollin' Rascals - $5.49 N/A
Space Camp - $8.08 N/A
Space Invaders Extreme - $10.49 85
Spectrobes Collector's Edition - $7.20 63
Steal Princess - $8.85 60
Summon Night Twin Age - $6.54 73
Super Dodge Ball - $14.74 65
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity - $4.37 59
Theresia - $12.35 61
Time Hollow - $12.35 64
Tokyo Beat Down - $10.23 56
Trackmania - $4.78 75
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $12.00 74
Warhammer 40,000: $8.18 57
World Championship Games: A Track and Field Event - $3.40 N/A
Zubo - $4.02 75

... and here are some games for the PSP ...

Every Extend Extra - $5.14 74
Hot Pixel - $3.42 55
Jeanne D'arc - $10.28 87
Metal Slug Anthology - $13.71 78
Space Invaders Extreme - $6.85 84

Thanks to everyone who has made the effort to post in this thread with prices and locations.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vegan']No copies of DQ5 at Burbank Fry's. :([/QUOTE]

There were only three there just after they opened yesterday morning. I bought one, so it looks like there was a run on them.

[quote name='bojay1997']There were only three there just after they opened yesterday morning. I bought one, so it looks like there was a run on them.[/QUOTE]

Damn, and I work just a couple blocks away. Stupid strict 30 minute lunch breaks.

I picked up Steal Princess for $17.74 at Fry's this morning. Thanks to my fellow CAGs.

I did see 8 copies of DQ V at the Fremont Fry's as of this morning.

[quote name='Vegan']No copies of DQ5 at Burbank Fry's. :([/QUOTE]

There are still copies at the Woodland Hills location. It's a bit of a drive, but I trucked it out there this morning and picked up a copy.

[quote name='Dandruff5']There are still copies at the Woodland Hills location. It's a bit of a drive, but I trucked it out there this morning and picked up a copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that they're pretty much at every location except Burbank. They're all too much of a trek to save 10 bucks or so. Not only would the gas cost offset the savings, it would probably be a 2 hour ordeal.

It's a bit strange. Every other Square Enix DS game has dropped in price like rocks but I've noticed the DQ remakes have stubbornly been able to stay near the $40 price tag. The Fry's in San Diego still has copies of Chrono Trigger for 20 bucks with the first run posters inside as well as tons of copies of VP Covenant of the Plume for 22.

On a side note, I'm pretty thrilled I have no reason to complain about the Square Enix tax.

[quote name='DQT']It's a bit strange. Every other Square Enix DS game has dropped in price like rocks but I've noticed the DQ remakes have stubbornly been able to stay near the $40 price tag. The Fry's in San Diego still has copies of Chrono Trigger for 20 bucks with the first run posters inside as well as tons of copies of VP Covenant of the Plume for 22.

On a side note, I'm pretty thrilled I have no reason to complain about the Square Enix tax.[/QUOTE]

In case people haven't figured it out yet, there hasn't been any second run of Chrono Trigger DS, so every copy you will find at every store has the poster.

[quote name='kk012']FFCC:EoC is on clearance at Target for $19.98. If you are lucky, you might be able to pick it up for that price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fairtrade']FF:EoT I might have to wait for

Bit at $17.14 with delivery. Thanks to all who bumped this, I've been wanting this one for a while. Shipping ($6.32 -_-) puts a damper on the deal, but for a little over $20+ for a $40 game isn't bad at all. There's no Fry's around me, and I can't take the chance on store pickup, even though I'm going to be in DFW two weeks from now.

[quote name='hbkhbk']Found DQV at $17, check it out if you are still on the fence.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if I can price adjust mine?

I managed to pick up Steal Princess at $17 and man what a piece of crap. Looking to get rid of it now.

First post, thought I would add this:

Milton, GA Fry's had:

Steal Princess $17
Dragon Quest V $17
and
Luminous Arc 2 $16

if anyone is interested - plenty of SP and DQ don't remember if there were many LA since I ordered it online for in-store pickup

Looks like they have DQV in stock at the Renton, WA location for 17.14. I'm thinking I will take the plunge after traffic dies down on 405, as I think it is dubious that the price will drop much lower than that on a AAA Squenix title.

[quote name='karkyco']Okay for $17 I have to bite. Gonna check out the Manhattan Beach store tomorrow and report in from there.[/QUOTE]

Take note, when I went there a week ago there were no copies on the shelves, I had to ask for it.

Not sure if it helps anyone but I had picked up the following DS games on Saturday evening at the Palo Alto Frys:
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero - $12.12
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $17.14
Dark Spire - $12.24
Master of the Monster Lair - $12.79
Super Dodge Ball - $14.74
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity - $6.24
Arkanoid DS - $12.79
FF: Ring of Fates - $12.79
FF: Echoes of Time - $17.14

And for Wii, I picked up Excitebots - $19.14 since I missed it the last time it dropped to $20

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed most prices posted at the Fry's in Manhattan Beach. I recommend the OP update the title to reflect the new prices as well as the fact that many other DS games are discounted and on clearance. Perhaps we can put together a consolidated list?

As noted by Vegan, the Dragon Quest V was not on the shelf at Manhattan Beach and they had to get it from a case behind the registers. Some of the other games noted were also not on the shelves so you will have to check inventory at the help desk in the front, mainly for Steal Princess (forgot to check for it), DQV, and any Final Fantasy game except for FFIV and FFTA2. Also I didn't see Dark Spire, which I also would have picked up at that price.

Thus, I forgot to check if they had FFCC:EoT, which I also would have picked up. Also would have picked up another Valkyrie Profile at the clearance price. They also had a clearance tag for Away Shuffle Dungeon for $9.xx, which I would have picked up but forgot to ask if they had any because there were none on the shelf. They moved the DS section to where the game guides used to be at this location BTW.

Also, in terms of PS1 and PS2, they still had 2 copies of Final Fantasy Chronicles and 3 copies of Final Fantasy Origins for PS1, LOL. $19.99 each I believe. They also had 5 black label copies of Dragon Quest 8 for PS2, complete with sealed outer box, for $19.99.

I picked up the following games:

Master of the Monster Lair $12.79
Summon Night Twin Age $12.79
Dragon Quest V $17.14
Luminous Arc 2 x2 $16.04

-------------

Some things to note about this clearance. Be sure and verify prices, because the stickers are sometimes outdated. Just about every DS game published by Atlus and Square are discounted, although many of the clearance games in general are crap and still overpriced, or "clearanced" to $19.99, which is what many of the games should have been originally MSRP'ed at IMHO. Also be sure and have an employee check the inventory if you can't find a particular game. And finally, some of the outer boxed games like Luminous Arc 2 may have open outer boxes, so be sure and verify the inner DS case is sealed and the music CD is sealed. The two I bought had one of the outer stickers missing, and the other one had one of the outer stickers dried out and rolled up so it wasn't sealed. I verified in front of the employee the contents of both, and left a similar copy behind because it had a beat up outer box.

Some of the additional notables in the clearance section (though not all were reasonably priced) were:

Bangai O Spirits, Contra 4, N+, Arkanoid, Tales of the Abyss...

The Blu Ray, X360, PS3, and Wii prices/sales/clearances were pretty shitty, however.

Thanks guys for the heads up on Manhattan Beach Fry's...especially about asking them to check for a specific game in stock. I got "Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume" for $17.14 when I picked up Metroid Trilogy today. They appeared to have 9 copies on the computer and pulled from that case behind the registers. Never realized they stored tons of games over there, but makes sense given the small size of the store.

Also wanted to mention I picked up the following at the San Marcos Fry's on the weekend when I found NDS Dragon Quest V, since I don't believe they've been posted yet:

NDS Bleach: The Blade of Fate $11.24
PSP Every Extend Extra $7.34

Did see these in stock @ San Marcos:

NDS Blue Dragon Plus $17.14
NDS Dark Spire $12.24

I managed to get my DQ5 and LA2 price adjusted. I bought em both for around $25 each and got $8 back on each one. I don't even own DQ5 anymore either!

Saw Trackmania DS for $9.99 and picked up Dokapon Journey for the DS for $17.47 at the Sunnyvale Frys. Frys seems to be clearing out a lot of their DS titles.

Alas, there is no Fry's nearby here either. :\
Oh well, I don't NEED it anyways.
cagus.smile.jpg

Nice
Got Dragon Quest V price adjusted and also picked up Luminous Arc 2 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time.

Thanks OP for the heads up!

I see several mentions in this thread of DQ IV having been cheap for awhile. I have never seen it below $30. Is there anyplace, right now, that has it for $20? I need to check the Downers Grove Fry's to see if they have the price drops on V and maybe Steel Princess.

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']I see several mentions in this thread of DQ IV having been cheap for awhile. I have never seen it below $30. Is there anyplace, right now, that has it for $20? I need to check the Downers Grove Fry's to see if they have the price drops on V and maybe Steel Princess.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, Fry's prices on these NDS games are not YMMV. Even if the games are stickered differently at your local store, the prices should ring up at his level.

[quote name='joe50000']I've seen DQIV cheap at local Game Rushs for $20 new.[/QUOTE]

Despite being near one of the most populous cities in the country (Chicago), there are still no Game Rush stores here that I am aware of.

Yeah add me to the list of people willing to pay/trade for a copy of DQV. If somebody bought some extra copies and is looking to get rid of one let me know.

Oh snap, after reading this thread yesterday, I stopped by Fry's on my way home. Dropped nearly $100 on portable titles. Space Invaders Extreme, PSP. Dragon Quest V, DS. Master of the Monster Lair, DS. Dokapon Journey, DS. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Ring of Fates, DS. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Echoes of Time, DS. It's a good thing I have a friend who really likes JRPGs that I can lend some of these to. Otherwise I might have OD'd on colorful sprites over the weekend.

after reading this thread for the first time last week, i have been monitoring price drops for ds games at fry's

steal princess $13.82
dragon quest v $17.14 (as we all know by now)
valkyrie profile:covenant of the plume $17.14
FFCC:EoT $17.14
FFCC:RoF $10.23
Luminous Arc 2 $16.04
dark spire $12.14 ($9.99 new at GS)
elebits:the adventures of kai & zero $12.14
master of the monster lair $10.23
summon night:twin age $10.23
mystery dungeon:shiren the wanderer $10.23
exit $7.67
puchi puchi virus $10.10
zubo $8.20
geometry wars: galaxies $8.43
ontamarama $10.23
izuna 2:the unemployed ninja $10.23
arakanoid $10.23
bleach:the blade of fate $8.43

those are some of the recent drops i've noticed on the fry's electronics website. i'm sure there are more DS bargains. happy shopping at fry's then.

so these deals are still going on right? and itll be worth the drive out there(30 mins)?

ive wanted to buy a DSa nd at my old job id always cruise fry's and they had a great selection, so i could go there and get a decent amount of games hopefully with a DS

[quote name='damien777']so these deals are still going on right? and itll be worth the drive out there(30 mins)?

ive wanted to buy a DSa nd at my old job id always cruise fry's and they had a great selection, so i could go there and get a decent amount of games hopefully with a DS[/QUOTE]

yeah, these deals are current, but not all games are available at each fry's. it seems that fry's is clearing out alot of their stocked DS games.

Just picked up DQ V and a handful of others last night at Oxnard Fry's. They had most of the games mentioned in this thread in stock.

[quote name='damien777']so these deals are still going on right? and itll be worth the drive out there(30 mins)?

ive wanted to buy a DSa nd at my old job id always cruise fry's and they had a great selection, so i could go there and get a decent amount of games hopefully with a DS[/QUOTE]

You can usually check the store availability before you go. Just follow one of the links to the Fry's website in the original post and check the games you are interested in purchasing. You can also have them set your games aside for pickup.

That said, I set up a store pickup for Dragon Quest V, and when I got to the store they had Dragon Quest IV set aside instead. Also, the website has told me that a game was no longer in stock, but I've found a copy sitting on the shelf when I've gone to the store.

Overall though, based on my experience you should be able to find something in the store that's worth your drive.

I found a few other titles that were interesting:

Tokyo Beat Down (Atlus DS game) 12.79
Puchi Puchi Virus (NIS DS game) 10.10

There's plenty of Valkyrie Profile at the Mayan themed Fry's in San Jose and I think a small handful of Master of the Monster Lair. The other titles are getting harder and harder to find.

[quote name='strider2k']I found a few other titles that were interesting:

Tokyo Beat Down (Atlus DS game) 12.79
Puchi Puchi Virus (NIS DS game) 10.10

There's plenty of Valkyrie Profile at the Mayan themed Fry's in San Jose and I think a small handful of Master of the Monster Lair. The other titles are getting harder and harder to find.[/QUOTE]

Tokyo Beat Down was onloy 12.79? >< Mistagged at my store, woulda grabbed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back