Fry's instore NDS/PSP price drops Dragon Quest V and FFCC: EoT for $5.88 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinksand

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride shows up on the Fry's website for $5.88. Here's the link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838683?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

You can't order it online, but you can set up a Store Pickup through the website.

I went to pick up my copy and found another Square Enix RPG for $5.88 -- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. Looks like you can order this one and have it delivered to your door. Another link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838743?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

It seems like every time someone makes a trip to Fry's to pick up one of these titles, a new price drop is found. This list isn't comprehensive (yet), but here are some of the other titles that CAG's have found. All are for the Nintendo DS.

Edit by Io: Here is the official Fry's clearance game trading thread. Please post all trade offers/requests here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236588
I also added the metacritic scores for all the games below.

Advance Wars: DoR - $10.49 metacritic score: 86
Animal Genius - $5.91 N/A
Arkanoid DS - $6.54 61
Avalon Code - $19.90 70
Away: Shuffle Dungeon - $4.18 65
Battles of Prince of Persia - $3.34 64
Bleach: The Blade of Fate - $8.43 83
Blue Dragon Plus - $8.76 69
Code Lyoko: Fall of Xana - $3.49 63
Dark Spire - $6.00 69
Dinosaur King - $7.12 61
Dokapon Journey - $6.00 60
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - $14.99 83
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - $14.99 75
Drawn to Life - $9.70 73
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero - $5.94 75
Exit - $19.80 64
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $8.40 75
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $6.54 77
Flash Focus - $5.07 59
Flipper Critters - $3.80 60
Fossil League: Dino Tournament Championship - $9.80 65
Front Mission - $9.70 72
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $4.74 79
Goosebumps Horrorland - $6.86 N/A
Guitar Hero on Tour-Decades (bundle) - $11.94 72
Harvest Moon DS Cute - $7.20 66
Honeycomb Beat - $3.56 61
Hoshigami Remix: Running Blue - $7.20 55
Hotel Dusk - $9.90 78
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja - $6.54 65
Jagged Alliance - $5.57 57
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles - $8.18 47
Jam Sessions - $2.39 72
Lock's Quest - $9.70 80
Luminous Arc 2 - $7.86 73
Magical Starsign - $9.99 69
Marvel Trading Card Game - $8.18 61
Master of Illusion - $4.88 69
Master of the Monster Lair - $6.54 63
Miami Law - $10.13 55
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer - $6.54 70
Nancy Drew: The Hidden Staircase - $4.67 N/A
Nanostray 2 - $3.85 75
National Geographic: Panda - $4.80 N/A
Neopets Puzzle Adventure - $8.18 70
New International Track and Field - $8.18 73
Ninja Reflex - $4.37 54
Ontamarama - $8.18 71
Pass the Pigs - $8.18 N/A
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice - $9.82 78
Pipe Mania - $3.34 71
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - $2.39 59
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - $2.39 59
Pop Cutie: Street Fashion Simulation - $8.18 72
Puchi Puchi Virus - $6.46 73
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - $14.99 67
Robocalypse - $8.18 78
Rollin' Rascals - $5.49 N/A
Space Camp - $8.08 N/A
Space Invaders Extreme - $10.49 85
Spectrobes Collector's Edition - $7.20 63
Steal Princess - $8.85 60
Summon Night Twin Age - $6.54 73
Super Dodge Ball - $14.74 65
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity - $4.37 59
Theresia - $12.35 61
Time Hollow - $12.35 64
Tokyo Beat Down - $10.23 56
Trackmania - $4.78 75
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $12.00 74
Warhammer 40,000: $8.18 57
World Championship Games: A Track and Field Event - $3.40 N/A
Zubo - $4.02 75

... and here are some games for the PSP ...

Every Extend Extra - $5.14 74
Hot Pixel - $3.42 55
Jeanne D'arc - $10.28 87
Metal Slug Anthology - $13.71 78
Space Invaders Extreme - $6.85 84

Thanks to everyone who has made the effort to post in this thread with prices and locations.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='soonersfan60']Perhaps you could create a new "FRY" account on CAG and give the password to trusted people who agree to help.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, that's something that won't happen. It creates possibilities which we're better off avoiding. Plus CAG permits only one login per person, additional logins would be considered duplicate accounts and that's a bannable violation.

In any event, the master fry's thread will happen, it's just a matter of hashing out the details first. =)

Folks, please check the Frys trade thread. I need to know what games folks are interested in when I go back out there (it's an hour drive for me, so I dont want to grab stuff only to have to return it).

I have access to pretty much all of those titles if someone wants one.

I'll pick it up and take a picture of the game/receipt to verify.

All I ask is a small finders fee for my time.

Also just to clarify this -1 feedback is because I bid on a PSP game but backed out because I was planning to pick up a PSP Go which DOESN'T player UMDs.

This was after Sony made the announcement that there would be no transfer kit to get your UMD's on the PSP Go.

Lidless Eye refuses to remove the feedback unless I pay the $9 for the game.

But again, what good is a game that my console can't play?

[quote name='Sinksand']I'm here and I'm willing, but I don't know how reliable I can be as I work and go to school full time. I wouldn't mind a collaborative effort if that's possible. I generally pop on daily, but don't have much time to compile and edit except on the weekends.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if thats even possible is it? Is there a way to give access to couple people in a thread? Only the op can have access right? I mean I only have school, so I generally have a pretty good amount of time to do this, so I definitely don't mind doing it.

Got shot down as I was trying to price adjust these at the Fry's in Wilsonville, OR. The blond short hair lady supervisor pulled out the store policy pointing at the low price guarantee not applying to one of a kind, limited quality items.

The store has already been emptied of their cheap clearance games. I was looking for the Punchi Punchi Virus DS since I saw a bunch of them few weeks ago. All gone. I managed to find a copy of Tenchu Wii for $7.14 though. So not a total waste of time.

argh... DIE THReAD die. No Fry's here :mad: So many games I want from it. This thread keeps popping up and reminding me me I can't get them

[quote name='soonersfan60']Has anyone posted a master list for other systems yet? I want to know what Wii games are being discounted.[/QUOTE]

I highlighted a bunch of the Wii games in the Battle Fantasia thread. However, just go to the website and browse the Wii section - you'll get a good idea on the titles that are discounted.

[quote name='eau']Got shot down as I was trying to price adjust these at the Fry's in Wilsonville, OR. The blond short hair lady supervisor pulled out the store policy pointing at the low price guarantee not applying to one of a kind, limited quality items.

The store has already been emptied of their cheap clearance games. I was looking for the Punchi Punchi Virus DS since I saw a bunch of them few weeks ago. All gone. I managed to find a copy of Tenchu Wii for $7.14 though. So not a total waste of time.[/QUOTE]

That policy actually refers to items that are on sale and listed as limited quantity in their ad. Best Buy actually has a similar policy like that, and I will tell you now that short blonde hair supervisor is just trying to get around price matching it for you. What a douche she is ~_~.

[quote name='Squarehard']That policy actually refers to items that are on sale and listed as limited quantity in their ad. Best Buy actually has a similar policy like that, and I will tell you now that short blonde hair supervisor is just trying to get around price matching it for you. What a douche she is ~_~.[/QUOTE]

Again, Fry's does not have a specific price adjustment policy for clearance. When they do all your paperwork, they are treating it as a price match, sometimes to another local retailer (they keep doing Best Buy on my paperwork). It really is at the discretion of the CSR to allow or not allow the adjustment, so I really wish people would stop piling on and claiming Fry's is somehow violating a policy which doesn't exist. If the game is still in stock, you can obviously return it within 30 days and just buy another copy. Of course, most of these games are sold out at the local stores by the time we are doing the adjustments, so as I said in an earlier post, just be cool about the policy and make it as easy on the employees as possible.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Thanks, Josef. I dug up your thread. (Here, to save others the trouble: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237164 )

Was hoping there would be more on that list. Excitebots is awesome at that price, but nothing else as great as the DS list. (Was really hoping Dokapon Kingdom for Wii was on clearance since the DS game is.)[/QUOTE]

Dokapon Kingdom is $12 or so. Guinavere had a copy for sale in the Fry's clearance trading thread.

[quote name='bojay1997']Again, Fry's does not have a specific price adjustment policy for clearance. When they do all your paperwork, they are treating it as a price match, sometimes to another local retailer (they keep doing Best Buy on my paperwork). It really is at the discretion of the CSR to allow or not allow the adjustment, so I really wish people would stop piling on and claiming Fry's is somehow violating a policy which doesn't exist. If the game is still in stock, you can obviously return it within 30 days and just buy another copy. Of course, most of these games are sold out at the local stores by the time we are doing the adjustments, so as I said in an earlier post, just be cool about the policy and make it as easy on the employees as possible.[/QUOTE]

I never said the price guarantee policy existed, if you read what I wrote, I actually stated that the Limited Quantity policy does not refer to price matching in this sense, since the product he was purchasing is not classified as a Limited Quantity ad item, therefore it does not work as an excuse not to price adjust it for him.

And you just made my point for me to, that you could just repurchase the game anyways after you returned it within 30 days, so it is really a business decision more so than a, if its in the policy or not. That's what retail stores do, they make decisions and make compromises. If they don't want to do it, that's their discretion, but its a poor decision. Just my opinion. Accept it or don't accept it, but also don't reject it.

Well, looking at the site, it would appear that these dropped:
:ds:
Ninja Reflex (down to 2.14)
Spectrobes Collector's Edition (down to 5.04)
Ontamarama (down to 5.23)
Front Mission (6.79)

I could be entirely wrong on these, or these are old drops. My receipts are at work in my desk so I'm not entirely sure.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Well, looking at the site, it would appear that these dropped:
:ds:
Ninja Reflex (down to 2.14)
Spectrobes Collector's Edition (down to 5.04)
Ontamarama (down to 5.23)
Front Mission (6.79)

I could be entirely wrong on these, or these are old drops. My receipts are at work in my desk so I'm not entirely sure.[/QUOTE]

It appears that Fry's does price drops every Friday night and into Saturday morning for some reason. I checked a few games I bought last week on Friday night and no price changes. I rechecked Saturday morning and they had all dropped. This has been the pattern for at least the past three weeks.

[quote name='bojay1997']It appears that Fry's does price drops every Friday night and into Saturday morning for some reason. I checked a few games I bought last week on Friday night and no price changes. I rechecked Saturday morning and they had all dropped. This has been the pattern for at least the past three weeks.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes Fry's start as early as Thursday nights, but the only thing is on Thursday night drops, they have literally just been implemented, so if you try to sort the order from lowest to highest, the games that have dropped may not appear in that price order. So after like a $8 game, you may see a game that has dropped to like $6 that night, but the sorting system on Thursday may not have gone through yet. Sometimes even Friday and Saturday drops are slow, but not as slow.

We now have a new official Fry's clearance thread where all game drops (psp, ds, 360, triple, wii and PC) will be hosted. Thank you Sinksand for your great work on this thread, and thank you Squarehard for the new Official Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back