Fry's instore NDS/PSP price drops Dragon Quest V and FFCC: EoT for $5.88 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinksand

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride shows up on the Fry's website for $5.88. Here's the link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838683?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

You can't order it online, but you can set up a Store Pickup through the website.

I went to pick up my copy and found another Square Enix RPG for $5.88 -- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. Looks like you can order this one and have it delivered to your door. Another link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838743?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

It seems like every time someone makes a trip to Fry's to pick up one of these titles, a new price drop is found. This list isn't comprehensive (yet), but here are some of the other titles that CAG's have found. All are for the Nintendo DS.

Edit by Io: Here is the official Fry's clearance game trading thread. Please post all trade offers/requests here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236588
I also added the metacritic scores for all the games below.

Advance Wars: DoR - $10.49 metacritic score: 86
Animal Genius - $5.91 N/A
Arkanoid DS - $6.54 61
Avalon Code - $19.90 70
Away: Shuffle Dungeon - $4.18 65
Battles of Prince of Persia - $3.34 64
Bleach: The Blade of Fate - $8.43 83
Blue Dragon Plus - $8.76 69
Code Lyoko: Fall of Xana - $3.49 63
Dark Spire - $6.00 69
Dinosaur King - $7.12 61
Dokapon Journey - $6.00 60
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - $14.99 83
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - $14.99 75
Drawn to Life - $9.70 73
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero - $5.94 75
Exit - $19.80 64
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $8.40 75
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $6.54 77
Flash Focus - $5.07 59
Flipper Critters - $3.80 60
Fossil League: Dino Tournament Championship - $9.80 65
Front Mission - $9.70 72
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $4.74 79
Goosebumps Horrorland - $6.86 N/A
Guitar Hero on Tour-Decades (bundle) - $11.94 72
Harvest Moon DS Cute - $7.20 66
Honeycomb Beat - $3.56 61
Hoshigami Remix: Running Blue - $7.20 55
Hotel Dusk - $9.90 78
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja - $6.54 65
Jagged Alliance - $5.57 57
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles - $8.18 47
Jam Sessions - $2.39 72
Lock's Quest - $9.70 80
Luminous Arc 2 - $7.86 73
Magical Starsign - $9.99 69
Marvel Trading Card Game - $8.18 61
Master of Illusion - $4.88 69
Master of the Monster Lair - $6.54 63
Miami Law - $10.13 55
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer - $6.54 70
Nancy Drew: The Hidden Staircase - $4.67 N/A
Nanostray 2 - $3.85 75
National Geographic: Panda - $4.80 N/A
Neopets Puzzle Adventure - $8.18 70
New International Track and Field - $8.18 73
Ninja Reflex - $4.37 54
Ontamarama - $8.18 71
Pass the Pigs - $8.18 N/A
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice - $9.82 78
Pipe Mania - $3.34 71
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - $2.39 59
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - $2.39 59
Pop Cutie: Street Fashion Simulation - $8.18 72
Puchi Puchi Virus - $6.46 73
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - $14.99 67
Robocalypse - $8.18 78
Rollin' Rascals - $5.49 N/A
Space Camp - $8.08 N/A
Space Invaders Extreme - $10.49 85
Spectrobes Collector's Edition - $7.20 63
Steal Princess - $8.85 60
Summon Night Twin Age - $6.54 73
Super Dodge Ball - $14.74 65
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity - $4.37 59
Theresia - $12.35 61
Time Hollow - $12.35 64
Tokyo Beat Down - $10.23 56
Trackmania - $4.78 75
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $12.00 74
Warhammer 40,000: $8.18 57
World Championship Games: A Track and Field Event - $3.40 N/A
Zubo - $4.02 75

... and here are some games for the PSP ...

Every Extend Extra - $5.14 74
Hot Pixel - $3.42 55
Jeanne D'arc - $10.28 87
Metal Slug Anthology - $13.71 78
Space Invaders Extreme - $6.85 84

Thanks to everyone who has made the effort to post in this thread with prices and locations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can attest that you're not wasting any CS employees time by going in to price adjust things every week. At least that's a hell of a lot more honest than some of the other things I've seen. For example, some sleeze bag tried to swap their old computer by replacing the serial number with the one they bought at Fry's and returning the old computer to the store.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Anyone finding any Summon Night or Dragon Quest V?[/QUOTE]

My store still had a good quantity of Summon Night and Master of the Monster Lair when I went there a few days ago. I think a couple of other Atlus titles too like Trackmania and Izuna 2. Not so sure if they're still there.

The fry's in vegas seems to be cleaned out of anything worth while except literally an entire shelf full of copies of advance wars days of ruin for 7 dollars and change.

[quote name='DQT']My store just cannot get rid of their copies of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Is it fun? I've read a lot of reviews saying it's one hardest in the series and focuses more on multiplayer (which I'm not at all interested in). Everything has been pretty much cleaned out except for that, Miami Law and a few PSP games. Kind of a relief, actually.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely say that it's worth getting especially at $7.34. It is a bit challenging but nothing too hard until the final mission. I wouldn't call it any more focused on mutiplayer than the previous Advance Wars, it's just that it has online and the ability to store A LOT more maps.

In a way I'm kind of sadden to see that a title like that is plentiful in numerous stores, yet anything with the 'Atlus' or 'Square-Enix' label to it is gone almost instantly.

[quote name='WhiteLens']In a way I'm kind of sadden to see that a title like that is plentiful in numerous stores, yet anything with the 'Atlus' or 'Square-Enix' label to it is gone almost instantly.[/QUOTE]

This is because Square-Enix titles are notorious for starting at a high price, and staying at that high price for a long time. Getting them for a low price is actually quite rare. Even their used prices tend to be quite high.

And Atlus is notrious for having fairly limited runs on their games, and taking their sweet time in reprinting titles. They tend to fall in price more regularly than Square-Enix games, but they also have a higher chance of becoming rare and hard-to-find down the line. Having them now for a low price is also quite attractive.

Of course, Advanced Wars is a Nintendo-published title. And those are also notorious for remaining at the same price for a long time. I'll keep an eye out for that title next time I stop by. I would definitely snag a copy for $7.

Anyone here pick up Valkyrie Profile: CotP and doesn't really care about the Square Enix Member Code that is included with the game? I'm trading 400 Wii points for that code. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I thought this would be the best place to ask since many people picked up the game. Thanks!

Folks -

Have been doing a little holiday shopping early, and that means tracking down cheap ass deals all over! I finally got ahold of a supervisor at the local Frys, and they report that the only two stores that *physically* have copies of the game are in Arlington, TX and Huston, TX.

Anybody in TX interested in a trade? I have a new, unopened copy of Jeanne D'Arc for PsP! PM me if interested :)

Oops! Sorry I wasn't more clear, I would love to trade the Jeanne D'Arc for Dragon Quest V, Hand of the Heavenly Bride. Thanks!

[quote name='AuchTober']Folks -

Have been doing a little holiday shopping early, and that means tracking down cheap ass deals all over! I finally got ahold of a supervisor at the local Frys, and they report that the only two stores that *physically* have copies of the game are in Arlington, TX and Huston, TX.

Anybody in TX interested in a trade? I have a new, unopened copy of Jeanne D'Arc for PsP! PM me if interested :)[/QUOTE]

You didn't tell us what you're looking for yet, lol. Maybe that would be helpful so we can help you out with your search.

A few drops I found when checking my receipts and cross referencing my stack of tree death price adjustment sheets with Fry's.com:

:wii: Victorious Boxers: 6.67
:psp: Neverland Card Battles 3.36 (I think this dropped today, can't find my tree death sheet for it)
:ds: Dokapon Journey 6.00
:ds: Elebits 5.94 (again, lost my sheet, think it dropped today)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']A few drops I found when checking my receipts and cross referencing my stack of tree death price adjustment sheets with Fry's.com:

:wii: Victorious Boxers: 6.67
:psp: Neverland Card Battles 3.36 (I think this dropped today, can't find my tree death sheet for it)
:ds: Dokapon Journey 6.00
:ds: Elebits 5.94 (again, lost my sheet, think it dropped today)[/QUOTE]

Dokapon dropped last week, and Elebits dropped a few weeks back. The op has not been updating the op, so it just seems like its never posted and dropped in the past few weeks XD. Nice find on Victorious Boxers though FoS. I think I'll have to check that out next time I'm there. No new drops for this week though from last week drops T___T

Oh. Whoops. But the Victorious Boxers definitely dropped today and it was a good, hearty drop too. Tenchu Wii is also down to 7.XX. I only have like one thing to price adjust today... but I want Tenchu. So I guess I'll make the trip.

I went into Fry's when they first opened, and was so disappointed with their crappy customer service. Hadn't been back until today. Glad I went. Customer service is approximately 2.3 million% better, they have a cafe where I was able to get a decent black iced coffee, and i bought:
:ds:
Blue Dragon Plus 8.76
Elebits 5.94
Jagged Alliance 5.57 (I bought this for full price earlier this year, picked up for under $6 for my brother? argh.)
Mazes of Fate 9.82
Miami Law 8.10
Steal Princess 8.85
Theresia 9.85
Time Hollow 9.82 (so glad I just bought this used for twice the price. argh again.)
Tokyo Beat Down 8.18
Robocalypse 8.18

:wii:
dokapon something 12.24 (for my brother)

:360:
Amped 3 4.78 (i have had this game so many times and still not played it!!)
Warriors Orochi 2 16.38

whee.

In other news the title is driving me crazy. I have to fix it from EoC to EoT(ime)

I'm 100% certain the Fry's in Concord, CA is completely wiped out. Plus, several of the games listed in this thread (and the fry's website), are way more expensive in the Concord store than people are claiming. And, anything else that actually did drop, and was available there, has been gone for a while.

Not to sound like a dick... that's just what I noticed, and the second closest Fry's to me is 65 miles away...

I'm impressed you managed to find Time Hollow. I went in again today and saw Dawn of Discovery (sequel to Anno 1701) for the DS at 13 bucks and some change. I risked it and left it on the shelf in hopes of another drop, mainly cause of 4-5 other games I already have unopened.

Looks like this week's drops are finally happening:

Dragon Quest V: $5.88
FFCC: EoT: $5.88
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time: $1.67
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness: $1.67
National Geographic Panda: $3.36
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero: $4.16
The Dark Spire: $4.20
Spectrobes Collectors Edition: $5.04
My Weight Loss Coach (with pedometer): $5.04
Harvest Moon Cute: $5.04
Luminous Arc 2: $5.50
Zubo: $2.81

Also noticed for Wii:
Klonoa: $8.57

Ugh. I wish I had a Fry's in Virginia. I'd be all over DQV since it's getting harder to find at any reasonable price (and you can't go wrong with $6).

Just ordered Spectrobes and DQ V, picking up in the morning, oh yeah. Anyone know what the NG Panda game is? Lots of those the last time I was there, may have to try it for 3.36.

Wow, also Time Crisis w/ Guncon is now 17.14. Just ordered the last one, we'll see if it is in stock...
I know this is DS and PSP, but that's a great deal on a PS3 game.

[quote name='ackbar7']Just ordered Spectrobes and DQ V, picking up in the morning, oh yeah. Anyone know what the NG Panda game is? Lots of those the last time I was there, may have to try it for 3.36.[/QUOTE]

It's like Nintendogs, but with a pet Panda. It comes with a free National Geographic Documentary DVD on Pandas, also.

It (basically) has a 65 on Metacritic from 3 reviews. (If that matters to you)

How odd because some drops happened yesterday. For example, Monsters vs Aliens for PS3 went from $12 to $8.40. But man, I just wish they'd stop. There's no way I'm going to be able to price adjust some of these receipts again :cry:.

How odd because some drops happened yesterday. For example, Monsters vs Aliens for PS3 went from $12 to $8.40. But man, I just wish they'd stop. There's no way I'm going to be able to price adjust some of these receipts again :cry:.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Wow, you still found a good amount of games after all this time. Wish my store had Steal Princess still as well as Tokyo Beat Down[/QUOTE]
I did do pretty well.
wooper.gif

My finds were mostly the last of the majority of those titles (although there were close to ten copies of Jagged Alliance still on the shelf if anyone in the ATL area is looking for one). Also, that area seems curious... it's very congested traffic wise, but whenever I go in a store (except for H Mart) around there, they all appear pretty empty.

[quote name='ackbar7'] I know this is DS and PSP, but that's a great deal on a PS3 game.[/QUOTE]Is there a reason this thread is only handhelds? I can't think of another B&M store thread that only allows console or handheld game prices. Why isn't this the main Fry's price drop thread? I haven't been around much lately, so perhaps I missed something. But it makes more sense to have one cohesive Fry's Price Drop thread.

Is Tokyo Beat-Down a good game? I saw a copy when I was in Fry's yesterday, but passed because there were several other games I was getting. (the price was below $10, at which point I will buy any decent DS game)

For any AZ CAGs, I was in the Thunderbird and 32 Ave Fry's yesterday. If you want a copy of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, head straight over there. The price is now in th $7.50 range, and they have a ton of copies. I actually picked up two, one for me and one for a gift. Drawn to Life is now $10, and I grabbed a copy of that. Don't bother looking for Dokapon Journey, I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last copy. Miami Law is $8.50 and still in stock. Tecmo Bowl Kick-Off was $9.90, and they had at least one more copy.

Also, on a non-DS related note, they have the XBox 360 Holiday bundle in stock. (the Elite one that comes with copies of Lego:Batman and Pure) If you are interested in taking advantage of the $50 mail-in rebate and getting some free games at the same time, you might stop on by.

I'm pissed. Last night I ordered DQ V, Spectrobes CE, Tenchu (Wii), Klonoa (Wii), and TC 4 (PS3). Got the confirmation email this morning and they only have Klonoa. The system said they had 3 each of DQ V and Spectrobes. WTF!?!

[quote name='guinaevere']
Is there a reason this thread is only handhelds? I can't think of another B&M store thread that only allows console or handheld game prices. Why isn't this the main Fry's price drop thread? I haven't been around much lately, so perhaps I missed something. But it makes more sense to have one cohesive Fry's Price Drop thread.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that, myself. There's about three Fry's threads floating around, each for a specific system.

Were I to guess at why these are all system specific it would be because they are all new and mostly created on the fly. It seems like in the last couple of months that the clearance at Fry's has become better than it once was and so this stuff started out as a lot more specific deals than say the Target Clearance thread is. I suppose we are waiting on someone to take up a brand new Official Fry's Clearance Thread.

[quote name='guinaevere']

Is there a reason this thread is only handhelds? I can't think of another B&M store thread that only allows console or handheld game prices. Why isn't this the main Fry's price drop thread? I haven't been around much lately, so perhaps I missed something. But it makes more sense to have one cohesive Fry's Price Drop thread.[/QUOTE]

The history of it is that the great deals were first on mostly DS games (with a few PSP as well). In particular, the two listed in the thread title here. But then someone found Battle Fantasia for cheap and made the other thread and that sort of became the non-handheld thread. We could consolidate them but in the past we've gotten a lot of complaints because then people scanning the forum don't see the specific great deals (DQ V, Battle Fantasia, etc) and miss the threads entirely. For example, if it is titled "Fry's price drops" then a lot of people miss the deals because they might think it is just MSRP drops or some such.

Personally I don't mind having one clearance thread per store as it is less for me to check every day. But we've gotten a lot of flak for that in the past (and me in particular with the BBV thread) because the casual CAG misses the deals. I dunno - you can't please everyone ;).

[quote name='super_dawn']i weep...i so wish i had a frys in florida. great price drops...:cry:[/QUOTE]

And to be honest, there are so many even better things about Fry's that make it cool. That place has the most miscellaneous knick-knacks, I think mere description doesn't do it justice.

The DS version of the Marvel Trading Card game is gimped. It's missing two of the sets because it didn't have enough memory for them. You're best bet is to get either the PSP or PC version, or go to the only active community left for the physical TCG, vssystem.org.

I'm contacting Sicksand to see if he'd be willing to maintain a Fry's master thread price drop OP as well as he does this one. and now, off to sunday school.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm contacting Sicksand to see if he'd be willing to maintain a Fry's master thread price drop OP as well as he does this one. and now, off to sunday school.[/QUOTE]

If hes not willing to, let me know, because I don't mind taking over if he doesn't have time for one. In either case, it'll be an interesting one to keep updated since Fry's drops prices like every week. It'll be chaotic :hot:

Thanks, I'll definitely contact you if he's not interested. Just remember the thread won't be covering weekly specials/sales or daily deals. So it'll be busy, but not insane. =)

[quote name='guinaevere']Thanks, I'll definitely contact you if he's not interested. Just remember the thread won't be covering weekly specials/sales or daily deals. So it'll be busy, but not insane. =)[/QUOTE]

Well, not insane, but you know what I mean XD.

[quote name='LazyLolita']I have access to several copies of Spectrobes: CE.

$15 shipped, PM if interested.[/QUOTE]

Okay -1 iTrader

[quote name='Squarehard']If hes not willing to, let me know, because I don't mind taking over if he doesn't have time for one. In either case, it'll be an interesting one to keep updated since Fry's drops prices like every week. It'll be chaotic :hot:[/QUOTE]

I'm here and I'm willing, but I don't know how reliable I can be as I work and go to school full time. I wouldn't mind a collaborative effort if that's possible. I generally pop on daily, but don't have much time to compile and edit except on the weekends.

I think this was discussed in the past, but the only way a collaborative effort can be achieved without mod intervention is a sharing of passwords. Perhaps you could create a new "FRY" account on CAG and give the password to trusted people who agree to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back