Fry's instore NDS/PSP price drops Dragon Quest V and FFCC: EoT for $5.88 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinksand

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride shows up on the Fry's website for $5.88. Here's the link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838683?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

You can't order it online, but you can set up a Store Pickup through the website.

I went to pick up my copy and found another Square Enix RPG for $5.88 -- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. Looks like you can order this one and have it delivered to your door. Another link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838743?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

It seems like every time someone makes a trip to Fry's to pick up one of these titles, a new price drop is found. This list isn't comprehensive (yet), but here are some of the other titles that CAG's have found. All are for the Nintendo DS.

Edit by Io: Here is the official Fry's clearance game trading thread. Please post all trade offers/requests here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236588
I also added the metacritic scores for all the games below.

Advance Wars: DoR - $10.49 metacritic score: 86
Animal Genius - $5.91 N/A
Arkanoid DS - $6.54 61
Avalon Code - $19.90 70
Away: Shuffle Dungeon - $4.18 65
Battles of Prince of Persia - $3.34 64
Bleach: The Blade of Fate - $8.43 83
Blue Dragon Plus - $8.76 69
Code Lyoko: Fall of Xana - $3.49 63
Dark Spire - $6.00 69
Dinosaur King - $7.12 61
Dokapon Journey - $6.00 60
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - $14.99 83
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - $14.99 75
Drawn to Life - $9.70 73
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero - $5.94 75
Exit - $19.80 64
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $8.40 75
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $6.54 77
Flash Focus - $5.07 59
Flipper Critters - $3.80 60
Fossil League: Dino Tournament Championship - $9.80 65
Front Mission - $9.70 72
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $4.74 79
Goosebumps Horrorland - $6.86 N/A
Guitar Hero on Tour-Decades (bundle) - $11.94 72
Harvest Moon DS Cute - $7.20 66
Honeycomb Beat - $3.56 61
Hoshigami Remix: Running Blue - $7.20 55
Hotel Dusk - $9.90 78
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja - $6.54 65
Jagged Alliance - $5.57 57
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles - $8.18 47
Jam Sessions - $2.39 72
Lock's Quest - $9.70 80
Luminous Arc 2 - $7.86 73
Magical Starsign - $9.99 69
Marvel Trading Card Game - $8.18 61
Master of Illusion - $4.88 69
Master of the Monster Lair - $6.54 63
Miami Law - $10.13 55
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer - $6.54 70
Nancy Drew: The Hidden Staircase - $4.67 N/A
Nanostray 2 - $3.85 75
National Geographic: Panda - $4.80 N/A
Neopets Puzzle Adventure - $8.18 70
New International Track and Field - $8.18 73
Ninja Reflex - $4.37 54
Ontamarama - $8.18 71
Pass the Pigs - $8.18 N/A
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice - $9.82 78
Pipe Mania - $3.34 71
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - $2.39 59
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - $2.39 59
Pop Cutie: Street Fashion Simulation - $8.18 72
Puchi Puchi Virus - $6.46 73
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - $14.99 67
Robocalypse - $8.18 78
Rollin' Rascals - $5.49 N/A
Space Camp - $8.08 N/A
Space Invaders Extreme - $10.49 85
Spectrobes Collector's Edition - $7.20 63
Steal Princess - $8.85 60
Summon Night Twin Age - $6.54 73
Super Dodge Ball - $14.74 65
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity - $4.37 59
Theresia - $12.35 61
Time Hollow - $12.35 64
Tokyo Beat Down - $10.23 56
Trackmania - $4.78 75
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $12.00 74
Warhammer 40,000: $8.18 57
World Championship Games: A Track and Field Event - $3.40 N/A
Zubo - $4.02 75

... and here are some games for the PSP ...

Every Extend Extra - $5.14 74
Hot Pixel - $3.42 55
Jeanne D'arc - $10.28 87
Metal Slug Anthology - $13.71 78
Space Invaders Extreme - $6.85 84

Thanks to everyone who has made the effort to post in this thread with prices and locations.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Diebythesword']Cool, Ill try and find Summon Night, thanks. I also just bought FFCC:RoF for 10 a week ago, oh well[/QUOTE]

When you go back to try and find Summon Night, get your FFCC:RoF adjusted to the new price. It'll only take a few minutes. You have 30 days to get the price adjusted, so might as well use it :D

[quote name='Squarehard']Some updates to a lot of games that dropped in price.

Rollin'Rascals $6.86
Puchi Puchi Virus $8.08
Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer $8.18
Ontamarama $8.18
Pop Cutie: Street Fashion Simulation $8.18
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja $8.18
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates $8.18
Summon Night: Twin age $8.18
Master of the Monster Lair $8.18
Robacalypse $10.23
Steal Princess $11.06
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice $12.28

And to io, there are your drops for summon night and master of the monster lair :D, also to FoS, theres your drop on Master of the Monster Lair. Decent drop, probably worth it to go back and adjust it along with Robocalypse now huh? XD

Going to head down to Fry's myself later and get stuff adjusted.

Enjoy all![/QUOTE]

I noticed alot of the prices drops during my lunch break. Was hoping to get a Steal Princess and a Time Hollow while I was getting some price adjustments and returning Tokyo Beat Down. Instead I grabbed Warhammer 40k, Miami Law, and the last copy of Theresia and Izuna 2. Couple other prices I saw to add:

All DS:
Marvel: TCG 8.18
Jake Hunter 8.18
Warhammer: 40,000 8.18
Theresia 12.35
Time Hollow 12.35 (to look it up online it's listed NDSTime Hollow, they forgot to put a space in)
Miami Law 10.13
Pipe Mania 3.34
Tokyo Beat Down 10.23
*Edit Forgot to add Blue Dragon Plus is 10.95 now.

Plano's Frys has a pretty weak selection now. I'm assuming it's because they organized the clearance games into one section for each platform when I went today. Only notables I saw left:

5x - Miami Law
5x - VP: CotP
4x - Puchi Puchi
4x - Pipe Mania
2x - Tokyo Beat Down
2x - Robocalypse
1x - Warhammer
1x - Mystery Shiro
1x - Blue Dragon Plus

Tons of Dokapon and Magical Starsign.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I noticed alot of the prices drops during my lunch break. Was hoping to get a Steal Princess and a Time Hollow while I was getting some price adjustments and returning Tokyo Beat Down. Instead I grabbed Warhammer 40k, Miami Law, and the last copy of Theresia and Izuna 2. Couple other prices I saw to add:

All DS:
Marvel: TCG 8.18
Jake Hunter 8.18
Warhammer: 40,000 8.18
Theresia 12.35
Time Hollow 12.35 (to look it up online it's listed NDSTime Hollow, they forgot to put a space in)
Miami Law 10.13
Pipe Mania 3.34
Tokyo Beat Down 10.23
*Edit Forgot to add Blue Dragon Plus is 10.95 now.

Plano's Frys has a pretty weak selection now. I'm assuming it's because they organized the clearance games into one section for each platform when I went today. Only notables I saw left:

5x - Miami Law
5x - VP: CotP
4x - Puchi Puchi
4x - Pipe Mania
2x - Tokyo Beat Down
2x - Robocalypse
1x - Warhammer
1x - Mystery Shiro
1x - Blue Dragon Plus

Tons of Dokapon and Magical Starsign.[/QUOTE]

Great list, I just wish my store had Theresia or Tokyo Beat Down. Fantastic prices.

[quote name='Squarehard']And to io, there are your drops for summon night and master of the monster lair :D, also to FoS, theres your drop on Master of the Monster Lair. Decent drop, probably worth it to go back and adjust it along with Robocalypse now huh? XD

Going to head down to Fry's myself later and get stuff adjusted.

Enjoy all![/QUOTE]

Wow, these things just keep coming :lol:.

Got some adjustments to do and I think I'll pick up Puchi Puchi Virus too. And I'm going to check a few other things that may have dropped. A question - if I want to price adjust other stuff on a receipt that I already price adjusted can I still go back to the original or do I have to bring all that paperwork? These are new adjustment, not more on the same ones so I'd think the original would suffice, but I just want to be sure before heading out there.

Holy hell - just saw ksuwild's update. I can adjust Tokyo Beat Down, Pipe Mania, Jake Hunter, and Theresia as well :whee:.
Problem is, those are on the ream of printout sheets that I got when using the credit from my last price adjustment ;).

More drops that I can adjust:
:wii: Castle Shikigami $6.85 -> $4.80
:ds: Flipper Critters $5.14 -> $3.80
:ds: Nanostray 2 $6.01 -> $4.81

That means pretty much everything I bought on my first trip there a few weeks back has dropped. Nice.

[quote name='io']Wow, these things just keep coming :lol:.

Got some adjustments to do and I think I'll pick up Puchi Puchi Virus too. And I'm going to check a few other things that may have dropped. A question - if I want to price adjust other stuff on a receipt that I already price adjusted can I still go back to the original or do I have to bring all that paperwork? These are new adjustment, not more on the same ones so I'd think the original would suffice, but I just want to be sure before heading out there.

Holy hell - just saw ksuwild's update. I can adjust Tokyo Beat Down, Pipe Mania, Jake Hunter, and Theresia as well :whee:.
Problem is, those are on the ream of printout sheets that I got when using the credit from my last price adjustment ;).[/QUOTE]

I'd bring it just in case. With Fry's you never know. I've spent almost an hour before trying to get a price adjustment done, so I wouldn't put it past them ;P. Just to be safe, even though I know what you mean. 3 full pages just for a price adjustment, lol. I hate how they print receipts for adjustments or returns at Fry's.

[quote name='io']
A question - if I want to price adjust other stuff on a receipt that I already price adjusted can I still go back to the original or do I have to bring all that paperwork? These are new adjustment, not more on the same ones so I'd think the original would suffice, but I just want to be sure before heading out there.[/QUOTE]

I brought in just my original receipt for new adjustments today, but yeah I always have the extra paperwork and the games in the car in case they decide they would need them.

wow with the price adjustments of FFCC and BDP I can definitely buy Summon Night :D Do I have to bring the games in to adjust them? Also do I just adjust them as I pay for an other game?

[quote name='Diebythesword']wow with the price adjustments of FFCC and BDP I can definitely buy Summon Night :D Do I have to bring the games in to adjust them? Also do I just adjust them as I pay for an other game?[/QUOTE]
All you should need is your receipt. Take that to Customer Service and mention that some of the items you purchased dropped in a price and that you would like price adjustment on those items.

In some ways I wished they's stop dropping all these prices. I already went there 3 times last week. :D

Okay, I'm finally going by a Fry's tomorrow ... I'll probably check the northgate and Roseville Sacramento stores. Thanks for the heads up.

Hooooly crap. I only saw this thread when it was first made and nothing caught my eye.

My eyes are now popping out of my head.

My first order is:

DQV
PW: Apollo Justice
Tokyo Beat Down

Man, so many more I want though.

[quote name='michaelericalonzo']does anyone know if they can do the price adjustment through their system? i dont have my receipts no more[/QUOTE]

If you paid with a credit card, they can probably track it down, if it was a cash payment, probably not.

Oh, man, it was a chore to get my stuff price adjusted. It took a long time since they had to do each single individual item separately, entering a password, printing off 4 sheets of paper for each one, etc... Man, they have a horrible system there.

But I was able to get the vast majority of my stuff adjusted. I saved one more receipt for later though as it was just taking too long and I didn't want to hand them a third receipt after all that ;).

We need a trade thread for these games as I realized that as much good stuff as I was able to get I missed out on a few things too.

I guess I'll start that up and link it here.

In the mean time, here are some more finds:

:psp: Hot Pixel $3.42
:ds: Nancy Drew $4.67
:ds: Neopets Puzzle Adventure $8.18
:ds: World Track and Field $3.40

There are several other games in the $4-$8 range that I didn't pick up. I was trying to read reviews of them via the IGN iPhone app but as usual they never review these obscure games that NEED to be reviewed. Yeah, I really need your Beatles Rock Band review IGN :roll:. No, I need reviews for this obscure stuff! I picked up the Neopets game based on a decent review though. Hot Pixel had a bad review but was so cheap (and it was the last copy) I couldn't resist.

Ok, trading thread is up:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236588

Now, since I'm looking up a bunch of reviews, I may just add the metacritic scores to the OP as well. Since honestly I hadn't heard of many of these games before I saw them at Fry's!

By the way, here are some other DS games I saw that were all less than $10 (with most betwen $4 and $8). They are in no particular order (just how I jotted them down on my phone notepad):

Space Camp
National Geographic Panda
Pass The Pig
Igor
Goosebumps
Ninja Reflex
Jam Sessions
Master of Illusion
Code Lyoko Xana

and for psp:
7 Wonders
Neverland Card Battles
Puzzle Scape

[quote name='io']Oh, man, it was a chore to get my stuff price adjusted. It took a long time since they had to do each single individual item separately, entering a password, printing off 4 sheets of paper for each one, etc... Man, they have a horrible system there.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I came home with like 14 pages of price adjustments. They slaughtered an entire tree just to give me my price adjustments :*(.

And their computers look like they're all from 1990. WTF, just grab some parts off the shelves, they're right there! At least get some mice...

Well, I think some stuff dropped. Aside from Puchi Puchi Virus (or however it goes) dropping to 8.XX, I don't have any empircal evidence to suggest this, aside from the games "feeling" lower. I'd have to check my receipt.

If you search "DS" it pulls up every game (I'm assuming) and you can sort it by price. There's actually some .90 cent games.

EDIT: Seems like the 10.XX stuff is 8.XX now?

I added prices and scores for the new games that io found to the OP.

I also found a new game, Konami's New International Track and Field for $8.18, while looking for the other Track and Field game. Metacritic score is 73.

Thanks for adding the metacritic scores io. It's causing me to take a second look at many of these bargains.

I also found a new game, Konami's New International Track and Field for $8.18, while looking for the other Track and Field game. Metacritic score is 73.

I kinda dug the game, its not great but it does a decent job catering to the fans

[quote name='fart_bubble']I kinda dug the game, its not great but it does a decent job catering to the fans[/QUOTE]

Anyone else notice most of the characters in the game look like ripoff versions of street fighter characters, lol.

Should rename it, Street Fighter Track & Field

Finally dragged myself out to the Sac Fry's. Couldn't track down Summon Night or the FFCC games but still found some cheap games.

Elebits: Kai and Zero 8.48
Valkyrie Profile (bunch of copies left) 12.00
Shiren the Wanderer 8.18
Zubo 5.74
Steal Princess 11.06
Front Mission 13.86

[quote name='Squarehard']Dokapon Journey dropped to $8.57. Fantastic price for the game. Finally picking it up now. :D[/QUOTE]

The hell!? This must have just happened today - I bought it late Friday evening for $12.24. Damn, more price adjusting :roll:.

fuck!

Neopets Puzzle Adventure also just dropped from $8.18 last night to $6.85 today.

[quote name='rothgar24']Finally dragged myself out to the Sac Fry's. Couldn't track down Summon Night or the FFCC games but still found some cheap games.

Elebits: Kai and Zero 8.48
Valkyrie Profile (bunch of copies left) 12.00
Shiren the Wanderer 8.18
Zubo 5.74
Steal Princess 11.06
Front Mission 13.86[/QUOTE]

Please check out the trade thread I added to the OP as we can remedy our particular situations - I have FF:CC Echoes of Time but can't find Steal Princess (or Zubo).

lol ive been at frys every weekend for like a month now. got my price difference and picked up dqIV at regular price. couldnt find valkyrie profile anymore.

Epic Lulz. These games were purchased by me a week ago and already require price adjusting: Puchi Puchi Virus, Dokapon, Robocalypse, Miami Law, and Theresia (pretty sure Theresia hasn't been reported for its drop, it's 12.XX now which may be more pleasing to those waiting on the game)

The other games dropped a few bucks or so. I'm going to check my old receipt, since apparently there are reports you can do multiple price adjustments on a purchase. The Fry's is a little out of the way to keep doing this, although since they shipped in a couple of games from a faraway Fry's for me, I don't mind heading in a third time. Tokyo Beatdown, and Steal Princess, which were sold out at my local joint. You can check to see if your Fry's will do it: free of charge.

Does anyone know the reason why the prices keep dropping? Is it because of the coming holiday season and they had to make room for it? These prices are almost as insane as Circuit City clearances. Now I have to adjust my prices for the 3rd time (I'm not complaining though).

[quote name='strider2k']Does anyone know the reason why the prices keep dropping? Is it because of the coming holiday season and they had to make room for it? These prices are almost as insane as Circuit City clearances. Now I have to adjust my prices for the 3rd time (I'm not complaining though).[/QUOTE]

my best guess would be them doing inventory as stores generally do their second inventory of the year around this time to get ready for the holidays

Yeah, there's other insane clearance. I don't know how obtainable these are at this point, but there are are sorts of .90 Xbox games, and some 360 games starting at the 1.18 mark. Just seems like they're trying to douche out their inventory.

[quote name='strider2k']Does anyone know the reason why the prices keep dropping? Is it because of the coming holiday season and they had to make room for it? These prices are almost as insane as Circuit City clearances. Now I have to adjust my prices for the 3rd time (I'm not complaining though).[/QUOTE]

Fry's has been doing games clearance this way for years. They do seem to be more aggressive lately with DS titles and the sheer volume of games on clearance is higher than at any time I can remember, but this is not some new policy on their part. I have lots of N64, Playstation and Dreamcast games that I got for under $10 from Fry's and the price drops happened pretty much the same way.

Damn this sucks no Fry's

Really nice price on Blue Dragon Plus, Echoes of Time DS, Dragon Question V, Izuna 2:the Unemployed, Valkyrie Profile, Steal Princess

:(

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is now $10.49.

Also, the Psyclone Nodus PSP speaker system that people were going crazy for last year (I think during the Target clearance) is now $19.99.

[quote name='dallow']Can I price adjust at a different Frys?
Had to go to an out of the way one for DQV.[/QUOTE]
Yes you can, I just did over the weekend no problem. Had a receipt from a different Fry's with 13 DS games on it that had ALL dropped in price. 45 minutes and 26 sheets of green paper later I walked out with all of them adjusted, credited right back to my card no questions asked.

[quote name='neoroark']Yes you can, I just did over the weekend no problem. Had a receipt from a different Fry's with 13 DS games on it that had ALL dropped in price. 45 minutes and 26 sheets of green paper later I walked out with all of them adjusted, credited right back to my card no questions asked.[/QUOTE]
Ah, thanks!

Excitebots seems to be down to $15.13 from $19.xx according to the web site. I didn't notice any DS game drops but I certainly didn't check everything out.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Has anyone actually seen a cheap Excite Bots in store lately?[/QUOTE]

I bought it for $19.14 about a week ago.

I can say that a week ago I went out to fry's to see just about evertything on the list, 6 or 7 copies of DQV and Valkyrie Profile. I went back yesterday nearly everything was gone... Just empty space where all the games used to be.. I wish I would have gotten Apollo Justice.

As for anyone in DFW. The Arlington store is pretty picked clean of the major games. They moved a lot of the $10 and under games to a basket by the checkout line...

[quote name='carnefice']I can say that a week ago I went out to fry's to see just about evertything on the list, 6 or 7 copies of DQV and Valkyrie Profile. I went back yesterday nearly everything was gone... Just empty space where all the games used to be.. I wish I would have gotten Apollo Justice.

As for anyone in DFW. The Arlington store is pretty picked clean of the major games. They moved a lot of the $10 and under games to a basket by the checkout line...[/QUOTE]I was at that store yesterday.
I got the last Apollo Justice and DQV. Sorry man. :whistle2:#

All the Atlus games were cleaned out at my store a while ago. There was only one copy of each of them anyway. Wish I could've gotten Apollo Justice and DQV but they seemed to be sold out well before this clearance anyway. Strange that DQIV is 29.99 though. Might pick it up instead if it ever drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back