Fry's instore NDS/PSP price drops Dragon Quest V and FFCC: EoT for $5.88 more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinksand

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride shows up on the Fry's website for $5.88. Here's the link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838683?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

You can't order it online, but you can set up a Store Pickup through the website.

I went to pick up my copy and found another Square Enix RPG for $5.88 -- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. Looks like you can order this one and have it delivered to your door. Another link:

http://www.frys.com/product/5838743?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

It seems like every time someone makes a trip to Fry's to pick up one of these titles, a new price drop is found. This list isn't comprehensive (yet), but here are some of the other titles that CAG's have found. All are for the Nintendo DS.

Edit by Io: Here is the official Fry's clearance game trading thread. Please post all trade offers/requests here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236588
I also added the metacritic scores for all the games below.

Advance Wars: DoR - $10.49 metacritic score: 86
Animal Genius - $5.91 N/A
Arkanoid DS - $6.54 61
Avalon Code - $19.90 70
Away: Shuffle Dungeon - $4.18 65
Battles of Prince of Persia - $3.34 64
Bleach: The Blade of Fate - $8.43 83
Blue Dragon Plus - $8.76 69
Code Lyoko: Fall of Xana - $3.49 63
Dark Spire - $6.00 69
Dinosaur King - $7.12 61
Dokapon Journey - $6.00 60
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - $14.99 83
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - $14.99 75
Drawn to Life - $9.70 73
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero - $5.94 75
Exit - $19.80 64
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $8.40 75
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $6.54 77
Flash Focus - $5.07 59
Flipper Critters - $3.80 60
Fossil League: Dino Tournament Championship - $9.80 65
Front Mission - $9.70 72
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $4.74 79
Goosebumps Horrorland - $6.86 N/A
Guitar Hero on Tour-Decades (bundle) - $11.94 72
Harvest Moon DS Cute - $7.20 66
Honeycomb Beat - $3.56 61
Hoshigami Remix: Running Blue - $7.20 55
Hotel Dusk - $9.90 78
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja - $6.54 65
Jagged Alliance - $5.57 57
Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles - $8.18 47
Jam Sessions - $2.39 72
Lock's Quest - $9.70 80
Luminous Arc 2 - $7.86 73
Magical Starsign - $9.99 69
Marvel Trading Card Game - $8.18 61
Master of Illusion - $4.88 69
Master of the Monster Lair - $6.54 63
Miami Law - $10.13 55
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer - $6.54 70
Nancy Drew: The Hidden Staircase - $4.67 N/A
Nanostray 2 - $3.85 75
National Geographic: Panda - $4.80 N/A
Neopets Puzzle Adventure - $8.18 70
New International Track and Field - $8.18 73
Ninja Reflex - $4.37 54
Ontamarama - $8.18 71
Pass the Pigs - $8.18 N/A
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice - $9.82 78
Pipe Mania - $3.34 71
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - $2.39 59
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - $2.39 59
Pop Cutie: Street Fashion Simulation - $8.18 72
Puchi Puchi Virus - $6.46 73
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - $14.99 67
Robocalypse - $8.18 78
Rollin' Rascals - $5.49 N/A
Space Camp - $8.08 N/A
Space Invaders Extreme - $10.49 85
Spectrobes Collector's Edition - $7.20 63
Steal Princess - $8.85 60
Summon Night Twin Age - $6.54 73
Super Dodge Ball - $14.74 65
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity - $4.37 59
Theresia - $12.35 61
Time Hollow - $12.35 64
Tokyo Beat Down - $10.23 56
Trackmania - $4.78 75
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $12.00 74
Warhammer 40,000: $8.18 57
World Championship Games: A Track and Field Event - $3.40 N/A
Zubo - $4.02 75

... and here are some games for the PSP ...

Every Extend Extra - $5.14 74
Hot Pixel - $3.42 55
Jeanne D'arc - $10.28 87
Metal Slug Anthology - $13.71 78
Space Invaders Extreme - $6.85 84

Thanks to everyone who has made the effort to post in this thread with prices and locations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropped by the store and picked up Puchi Puchi Virus and Steal Princess. Quite a few Puchi Puchi left, but only one Steal Princess left. Fantastic prices for them.

Anyone willing to pick up a copy of Zubo, Arkanoid and DQV for me and ship to Canada?
I'll cover everything and toss in a few extra $ for your time.

Pm me if you're cool with it.

Anybody willing to pick me up a copy of DQV and ship to Canada?

I'll cover shipping and throw in a few extra $ for your time.

Lemme know what works.

woodland hills fry's (alice in wonderland theme) doesn't have dq5 anymore.
didn't see any, i asked, they said they had 1 copy, but you know how that goes.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']How is Master of the Monster Lair? Picked that up on a blind purchase.[/QUOTE]

its an okay game first time you play it.. i got it for a rental on day one off gamefly and played it about 30 hours to get to the 10th floor (10 floors in main story then another 10 in post story)

Returned it.... got it for 8 bucks shipped off ebay few months back.. Popped it into the ds and could not stand it the second time i tried to play it...

its a dungeon building game

To add to the list:

Ace Attorney Apollo Justice - $15.35

I drove about 20 minutes to Frys and a lot of DS and Wii games were on "clearance" so the trip was worth it for me. Sadly, I went there for the

[quote name='sundaysuit']woodland hills fry's (alice in wonderland theme) doesn't have dq5 anymore.
didn't see any, i asked, they said they had 1 copy, but you know how that goes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they ran out a couple weeks ago. I'm in the same boat as you.

Wish there was a Frys in Florida....closest is GA...erg...looks like some decent deals. DQV out of print? wow...glad I got my copy the day it came out (b-day gift!)...I LOVE DQ. ;)

[quote name='super_dawn']Wish there was a Frys in Florida....closest is GA...erg...looks like some decent deals. DQV out of print? wow...glad I got my copy the day it came out (b-day gift!)...I LOVE DQ. ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too badly. I checked both of those fry's out this week and no DQV in sight :(

Has anyone checked the Fountain Valley Fry's for DQV? It says it is out of stock online but I know it's not always reliable. Just thought I would see if anyone knows before making the long drive out there. Thanks!

[quote name='jling84']Has anyone checked the Fountain Valley Fry's for DQV? It says it is out of stock online but I know it's not always reliable. Just thought I would see if anyone knows before making the long drive out there. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I picked up the last one.

I want Tokyo Beatdown! Went to three Frys and haven't seen a single copy.

UPDATE: YESSSSS. Just got back from the San Jose Brokaw Frys and got the last copy of Tokyo Beatdown for $12.79 (it was hidden in one of the plastic containers below the DS racks). Also picked up Every Extend Extra (PSP) for $5, Neverland Card Battles (PSP) for $6, Dark Spire for $8, and Nanostray 2 for $6. I saw some copies of Trackmania there as well as about 10 - 15 copies of Valkryrie Profile priced at $12.00. Most of the prices apply online as well.

Tokyo Beatdown: http://www.frys.com/product/5825993?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Valkryrie Profile: http://www.frys.com/product/5838733?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Tons of price drops today. Here they are.

Dokapon Journey $12.24
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero $8.48
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time $12.00
Luminous Arc 2 $11.23
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity $4.37
Dragon Quest V $12.00
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume $12.00
Zubo $5.74
Trackmania $6.83

Some of these prices are no brainers now, so if you see them, probably best to pick them up. After all, if you're worried its going to drop more, buy it now and bring it back within 30 days to get it adjusted later.

Good luck!

I had some DS games price adjusted last week, but the prices dropped again. Will they let me price adjust again?

FYI
Dark Spire $8.xx

Oh that's fantastic that I would throw away my receipt from Fry's Electronics. Didn't think they'd actually drop their prices more.
EDIT: No I didn't! These are the only receipts I didn't shred! Sweet! That's gonna be a handful of dollars I'll save, thanks for the headsup Square. Might go and pick up some of the others I saw, but wasn't sure on (wonder if the Princess game dropped)

Sucks to want only one game and have it SO. Also sucks to have only one Fry's, which is next to a tourist trap :(

Freind of Sonic: You mean Steel Princess?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Oh that's fantastic that I would throw away my receipt from Fry's Electronics. Didn't think they'd actually drop their prices more.
EDIT: No I didn't! These are the only receipts I didn't shred! Sweet! That's gonna be a handful of dollars I'll save, thanks for the headsup Square. Might go and pick up some of the others I saw, but wasn't sure on (wonder if the Princess game dropped)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was hoping Steal Princess dropped too, but it hasnt XD. Ill keep you posted if it does since I'm waiting to bring mine back if it does to get adjusted ^___^

[quote name='Dhuk']Freind of Sonic: You mean Steel Princess?[/QUOTE]

He means Steal Princess ;P. Sorry, someone was going to get you, might as well be me XD

Well, crap, I just bought a few of those games just the other day. Are price adjustments at Fry's easy to do? Can you just bring in the receipt or do you need the games? I have them still unopened so I guess I'll just try the receipt and leave them in the car and go get them if I need to.

Squarehard - is that a complete list of drops from the stuff in the OP or is there a chance some other things have dropped too (like Summon Night or Master of the Monster Lair?).

I think I'll pick up Dokapon Journey and Valkyrie Profile this time around, too. Though they had so many VP that I'm tempted to wait for another drop. Of course I bought the damn game used at GS for $20+ thinking it would be rarish but I might as well get a new copy...

[quote name='io']Well, crap, I just bought a few of those games just the other day. Are price adjustments at Fry's easy to do? Can you just bring in the receipt or do you need the games? I have them still unopened so I guess I'll just try the receipt and leave them in the car and go get them if I need to.
[/QUOTE]

For Fry's price adjustment, you just need to bring in the receipts.

I was able to price adjust LA2 and DQV two times within 30 days of purchasing them. For DS game bargains, Fry's rocks!

Summon Night and Master of the Monster Lair are both down to $10.23

For PSP owners, Jeanne D'Arc is now $10.xx=)

[quote name='kk012']For Fry's price adjustment, you just need to bring in the receipts.

I was able to price adjust LA2 and DQV two times within 30 days of purchasing them. For DS game bargains, Fry's rocks!

Summon Night and Master of the Monster Lair are both down to $10.23

For PSP owners, Jeanne D'Arc is now $10.xx=)[/QUOTE]

Thanks - well, those $10.23 drops aren't new because that's what I got them for when I bought DQV at $17.xx and Elebits at $12.xx. But those latter two have dropped again so I was hoping for more drops on the first two. But I guess the drops probably slow once they hit $10 or so. It seems the only ones that get to $5 or $6 are mostly crappy games.

I've updated the original post. I think most of the prices are current, but a bunch of you who are posting here are quicker than me when it comes to discovering new drops. I'm heading back to Fry's today or tomorrow, so if I find anything new, I'll update again.

I also haven't had any problem just bringing in the receipt to get my prices adjusted.

Thanks again to everyone who is keeping this current, especially Squarehard for the latest update.

Thanks for the heads up:
got [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time, [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Dragon Quest V, and [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Luminous Arc 2 price adjusted and also picked up [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume and [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Dokapon Journey.[/FONT]

Dark Spire dropped to $8.57
Guitar Hero on Tour-Decades (bundle) $17.06

Exit increased in price from $7.xx to $19.80

^^ Glad I snagged Exit just a few days back for $7.67. I wasn't sure about it but decided I'd get it and return later if I didn't want it.

[quote name='io']
Squarehard - is that a complete list of drops from the stuff in the OP or is there a chance some other things have dropped too (like Summon Night or Master of the Monster Lair?).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with the exception of Dark Spire which I forgot to post but several others already posted, those were the only changes I saw when I went down for the games listed in the OP. No changes on Summon Night or Master of the Monster Lair. I will make sure to post them though if they do change.

Damn, picked this one up last weekend for $17. Though I checked and it's now sold out at the locations near me, so I shouldn't be too upset.

Went to go get DQV price adjusted for the second time and also Atelier Iris 3 price adjusted (now only 13.71 and it was 19.xx a week ago for the PS2).

Couple of other games I don't think I've seen mentioned:

Jagged Alliance 9.90 (curious to if anyone has played this, I enjoyed JA2 on the PC)
Hotel Dusk 9.90
Theresia 15.35 (was 19 something last week)
Battles Prince of Persia 3.34
Space Invaders Xtreme 6.85 (PSP version)

Also the Green Nintendo DS Lite bundle is down to 71.76 if you can find it.

I went to the Fry's in Plano, TX and here's a quick rundown of what I saw left for other users in the area:

2x copies of FF: Echoes of time
1x Jake Hunter
1x Blue Dragon +
2x Theresia
3x Steal Princess
3x Tokyo Beatdown
Lots of copies of VP: CotP, Battles Prince of Persia, Dokapon, Summon Night, and Dark Spire
*Minor note their system says they have 3 copies of DQV, but two employees scoured the DS area for about 10 minutes and couldn't find them

[quote name='ksuwild25']Went to go get DQV price adjusted for the second time and also Atelier Iris 3 price adjusted (now only 13.71 and it was 19.xx a week ago for the PS2).

Couple of other games I don't think I've seen mentioned:

Jagged Alliance 9.90 (curious to if anyone has played this, I enjoyed JA2 on the PC)
Hotel Dusk 9.90
Theresia 15.35 (was 19 something last week)
Battles Prince of Persia 3.34
Space Invaders Xtreme 6.85 (PSP version)

Also the Green Nintendo DS Lite bundle is down to 71.76 if you can find it.

I went to the Fry's in Plano, TX and here's a quick rundown of what I saw left for other users in the area:

2x copies of FF: Echoes of time
1x Jake Hunter
1x Blue Dragon +
2x Theresia
3x Steal Princess
3x Tokyo Beatdown
Lots of copies of VP: CotP, Battles Prince of Persia, Dokapon, Summon Night, and Dark Spire
*Minor note their system says they have 3 copies of DQV, but two employees scoured the DS area for about 10 minutes and couldn't find them[/QUOTE]

Wow, I wish mine had Theresia in stock. woulda picked that up in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Squarehard']Wow, I wish mine had Theresia in stock. woulda picked that up in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

It's available online at that price. Also another game I forgot to list that I haven't seen is Miami Law for 12.66

Also slightly off topic, but Fry's has one of the most tedious return/price adjustment process that I've experienced at a B&M store. I wait in line for the customer service desks, and both times that I've done returns they issued me papers that can then be redeemed for my refund. You then have wait in the regular checkout line to redeem those papers (which have been extremely long each time I've visited). Fortunately, both times it's been offset since I was buying other stuff when I've finished my returns. I've seen some discussion on returns/price adjustment so I thought I would just comment on my experiences, since it seems like Fry's return process would take about 20 minutes if all I wanted to do was price adjust and leave (as opposed to Best Buy, TRU, etc. which takes about a minute or two). I don't know if all Fry's handle their returns this way. Still that's the only knock I have on Fry's, which is an awesome store. Would go more often, but travel time takes too long, which isn't good when the checkout is long as well.

[quote name='ksuwild25']It's available online at that price. Also another game I forgot to list that I haven't seen is Miami Law for 12.66

Also slightly off topic, but Fry's has one of the most tedious return/price adjustment process that I've experienced at a B&M store. I wait in line for the customer service desks, and both times that I've done returns they issued me papers that can then be redeemed for my refund. You then have wait in the regular checkout line to redeem those papers (which have been extremely long each time I've visited). Fortunately, both times it's been offset since I was buying other stuff when I've finished my returns. I've seen some discussion on returns/price adjustment so I thought I would just comment on my experiences, since it seems like Fry's return process would take about 20 minutes if all I wanted to do was price adjust and leave (as opposed to Best Buy, TRU, etc. which takes about a minute or two). I don't know if all Fry's handle their returns this way. Still that's the only knock I have on Fry's, which is an awesome store. Would go more often, but travel time takes too long, which isn't good when the checkout is long as well.[/QUOTE]

Both the Sacramento area Fry's stores handle their returns the same way. That's why I usually only do them when I have other stuff to pick up.

Hit up Fry's Roseville looking for a cheap DQV but no dice. Tried doing store pick up at the Northgate store this week since it said they had them in stock online but no dice their either.

Spent too much money anyway though, picked up on DS:

Trackmania $6.83
Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time $12
Valkyrie Profile Plume $12
Tokyo Beat Down $12.79
Guitar Hero Decades $17.06

gah...too good of prices to pass up.

[quote name='ksuwild25']It's available online at that price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the problem with that is after tax and shipping, it comes out to about $23, which totally kills it for me if I ordered it online :p. Thanks though.

Well, it looks like I get screwed by Frys.com on DQ5.

They had it available for in-store ordering on 08/24/09 in the morning, and I placed an order for it. It's still not shipped yet, and the story behind it is pretty annoying.

It was showing as in-stock when I ordered it, with same-day shipping available. It didn't ship on the 24th, and after a couple of calls, they told me that they were transitioning their warehouse from one building to another one, and some of their inventory was missing in action from the move. :whistle2:s Unfortunately, DQ5 was part of it.

They've supposedly done multiple checks of their warehouse for the three copies (yes, 3 copies and it's showing up as in-stock in their warehouse :whistle2:s ) and they can't find them. So, they can't fulfill the order because they can't ship out what they don't have, they can't get any more copies from their supplier (no surprise there, since it's OOP) and they can't transfer a store copy to the warehouse or get a store to fulfill my order for me.

I was trying to get a copy from Frys.com so I could send back the retail-priced copy I picked up from Amazon via J&R.com, though if I can't get that copy from Frys.com, I'm out of luck to do the return to JR.com. :wall: $17.14 + shipping (now $12 + shipping, if it actually would ship) beats retail price any day of the week.

So, if you're thinking it'll come back in-stock at Frys.com, I can tell you without question that they won't get it back in-stock. If you want a copy at that price, you'll either need to get it yourself from a local Frys or have someone with a Frys local to them send you out a copy.

There's copies at numerous retail stores across Frys, though nowhere near to me, so that's not an option.

I can't imagine how a company like Frys would not put up anything on their website about their warehouse moving and same-say shipping might be affected, or that they'd put up something like this for purchase on the website with only three copies on-hand.

Damned irritating, but don't think they're getting any more copies online. If you want it at this price, head out to a Frys and pick it up yourself, or have someone you know pick it up for you.

Bugger. Really wish there was a Fry's in Wisconsin. People have named off about 5 titles that I would love to add to my DS library.

Such is life.

That's weak... I can't find this for under $37 (from Amazon) and here's Frys clearing them out for $12? God damn I wish we had a Frys here.:whistle2:(

[quote name='ksuwild25']
Also slightly off topic, but Fry's has one of the most tedious return/price adjustment process that I've experienced at a B&M store. I wait in line for the customer service desks, and both times that I've done returns they issued me papers that can then be redeemed for my refund. You then have wait in the regular checkout line to redeem those papers (which have been extremely long each time I've visited). Fortunately, both times it's been offset since I was buying other stuff when I've finished my returns. I've seen some discussion on returns/price adjustment so I thought I would just comment on my experiences, since it seems like Fry's return process would take about 20 minutes if all I wanted to do was price adjust and leave (as opposed to Best Buy, TRU, etc. which takes about a minute or two). I don't know if all Fry's handle their returns this way. Still that's the only knock I have on Fry's, which is an awesome store. Would go more often, but travel time takes too long, which isn't good when the checkout is long as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been through the process before. It's seriously ridiculous. I was PISSED. I had a raincheck on Umbrella Chronicles when it was on sale but out of stock. When they finally had it in stock, I had to buy it at full price, then stand in line at customer service to get a PIECE OF PAPER, then wait in the enormous register line again to get the difference. Then, of course the partial refund didn't actually show up back in my account for like 5 days.

It took me a solid hour just to buy that game.

[quote name='ksuwild25']It's available online at that price. Also another game I forgot to list that I haven't seen is Miami Law for 12.66

Yeah, that's just the way they do it. It is really annoying. After price adjusting a few games and then buying some more I ended up with a ream of papers as a receipt :roll:.

Anyway, I got some money back but then spent $80 more on other games ;). I'm buying stuff you guys keep talking about that I have never otherwise heard of like Tokyo Beatdown and Theresia. Is there something special about these games?

Oh - interesting side note: I was looking around their overstock (the bins under the racks and such) as that is where I sometimes find the best stuff. In a non-descript glass case in the back with the CD's they had a whole bunch of Beatles Rock Band for 360 and PS3 - all tagged and ready to sell! I know they sometimes send things out a bit early to be ready for the big release day, but that seems super early to me as clearly they've had them for at least a day already.

[quote name='io']Anyway, I got some money back but then spent $80 more on other games ;). I'm buying stuff you guys keep talking about that I have never otherwise heard of like Tokyo Beatdown and Theresia. Is there something special about these games?[/QUOTE]

Tokyo Beatdown is a really cool cheesy beat'em up. Didn't get the greatest reviews but then again, not many new beat'em ups get good reviews. I paid $20 for it at Gamestop and am getting my money's worth

And Theresia is a pretty cool game, its a mix of the first D game (with all the traps) and a point & click game. Not the prettiest game but the story more than makes up for it. It does take a bit of patience though as the point & click parts are a bit frustrating (the hidden object genre has nothing on this game)

[quote name='Neci']Does anyone know if it's possible to get a price adjustment on online orders?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Most theyll offer is a refund and they dont even offer to pay for shipping back, so its not even worth it. Its sort of stupid, which is why I don't like ordering from Fry's online.

I've been out here in Santa Clara, CA for the last month and have been absolutely spoiled by Fry's. Looks like I'll have to make one last trip before going home to boring Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back