Fry's (Seattle + other locations) - Assassin's Creed - $39.99

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!
The Sunday Seattle-Tmes and Seatle PI Fry's ad lists AC as being available Thursday for $39.99 - for both X360 and PS3.

I assume most other Fry's will have a similar price.

And this was not posted in the main Fry's thread as it is specific to AC.

Delete if required.

- Ray

[quote name='Teflon Donny']I did it just 2 hours ago.[/QUOTE]

How? with the Sunday ad (since LA didn't get any subsequent ads for it)?

[quote name='fujishig']How? with the Sunday ad (since LA didn't get any subsequent ads for it)?[/quote]

Printed the ad from Mercurynews.com.

[quote name='Teflon Donny']Printed the ad from Mercurynews.com.[/quote]

You got a link to the ad? I'm trying to search for it, but no dice.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']So I'm just trying to verify if people have still been able to PM this today. I don't wanna go into the Burbank BB just to get shot down like I have recently :/[/QUOTE]

I just price matched it at my local Best Buy in Atlanta. I didn't have the ad with me but it was an easy process. Normally you need the ad. Good luck!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']So I'm just trying to verify if people have still been able to PM this today. I don't wanna go into the Burbank BB just to get shot down like I have recently :/[/quote] Just PM'd at BB in Irving, Texas.

Manager wasn't going to give it to me since Fry's was sold out, but he was over ridden by a supervisor so I got it.

I was talking to the cashier while she was waiting for approval. She said they were just accpeting the PM Thursday, but had just started checking to see if Fry's actually had the game in stock.

[quote name='foster_work']Just PM'd at BB in Irving, Texas.

Manager wasn't going to give it to me since Fry's was sold out, but he was over ridden by a supervisor so I got it.

I was talking to the cashier while she was waiting for approval. She said they were just accpeting the PM Thursday, but had just started checking to see if Fry's actually had the game in stock.[/quote]Hey, I did the same at the very same Best Buy in Irving!

I wasn't able to PM this today at the BB in Westwood, CA. All of the local Fry's had sold out, so no luck for me. Maybe Fry's will get another shipment later?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Wait a sec, you mean the price is still effective today?!?[/quote]

Yes I was talking to David this morning that they'll get the shipment today around 5pm. Recently, I call back but different person. His name is Joe and this guy said that the shipment will be here next week. So we have 50/50 to see if they come today or not.

I remember I PMed Cars & Ratatouille Disney's Pixar BD movies at BB to last week without calling Frys. So don't worry about Fry's OOS, just go ahead and PM with no problem. ;)

[quote name='Ragekod']Went to my local frys (woodland hills,ca) around 5:20 and I got there and there was about 20 people just standing around the video games station. After awhile they started handing out tickets for the PS3 version and soon after the 360 version. They told us to wait a lil while and then to go to the cash registers to pay for it. I grabbed two copies for the 360 but ended up returning one an hour later to buy SMG at Best Buy and get the $25 GC.[/quote]

They were allowing more that one copy per person?!?!?!? You both suck ass.

I just got back from BB in Burbank, CA and I got it PMed! I got my credit back to my credit card and sum up the total of how much I saved. I saved $48.82 off $64.94 and paid $16.12 for one copy of Assassin's Creed! ;)

Just got it for $39.99 at the Lynnwood, WA Circuit City. Ummm...easiest price match evar? Heck, my ad was printed out in black and white. The manager didn't even bother to look through the ad extensively and just gave me the PM no questions asked. Hurray. :D Now if PM attempts would always go this smoothly...

yea i was really thrown for a loop yesterday tryin to pricematch at BB :\
in the end I was able to pricematch at BB, but had to go to a different store, and I couldn't use my RZ Certificate (due to having ordered Ass Creed for in store pickup, then cancelling it). Took a day for it to reappear in my account, so I guess I could have held off on buying it till today but oh well.

[quote name='cb4774']After reading reviews from gaming sites, I was going to pass on this deal, but after reading some gamer reviews, I decided it was worth a look at $40. I went to the Downers Grove (Chicago suburb) Fry's last night and they didn't have it on the shelf; I then went across the street to BB and price matched with no issue at all. So far, and I'm not very far into the game, I like what I see...the gameplay has been solid, the story has been interesting and the visuals are amazing.[/QUOTE]

I was going to drive to that Fry's, but I live 25 min. away and didn't want to fight Southbound HWY 53 traffic at 6:00 PM. Short story long, I went to a local CC and PM'ed it without fuss. Both a clerk and the manager looked at the game and said "Man, a lot of people are buying this game today!" \\:D/

Did anyone go to the Downer's Grove/Lombard Fry's and have success purchasing the game? Any stories about available quantities? I'd like to know.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I just got back from BB in Burbank, CA and I got it PMed! I got my credit back to my credit card and sum up the total of how much I saved. I saved $48.82 off $64.94 and paid $16.12 for one copy of Assassin's Creed! ;)[/quote]
Did you use the $25 GC thingy from SMG?

Guess I'll drop by then, were there a lot of copies when you got there?

The Ad keeps printing out all funky for me >.>

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Did you use the $25 GC thingy from SMG?

Guess I'll drop by then, were there a lot of copies when you got there?

The Ad keeps printing out all funky for me >.>[/quote]

Yes I did! I bought 2 SMGs, get 2 GCs, spent 1 GC for AC and then resell SMG on eBay for profit! I might do it again, so I can save enough money for future game. BTW, I was very lucky when a hot sexy store manager wanted to call frys, so I was a little afraid and she came back to verified the price and not telling were in stock or not... whew! I'm curious how do you compute Price Match formula? I have two different ways of computing of Price Matching. The first part was using 10% off the regular price then deducted from Sale price. Now the second part was using 10% off the difference then deducted from the Sale price. I like the first part because it saves more than the second part. Here's my mini chart below if you're confused.

Example for AC between BB for $59.99 and Frys for $39.99

Part A

$59.99 x 10% = $6
$39.99 - $6 = $33.99

Part B

$59.99 - $39.99 = $20
$20 x 10% = $2
$39.99 - $2 = $37.99

As a result, why do I have different price between the 2 parts? I may be wrong because my first Price Matcing was part A and the rest goes part B. Maybe I have untrained worker who doesn't know how to compute in part B. If wanted to go with part A then I must go with the right person. ;)

Well, is anyone willing in price matching / picking one up for me? It's good CAG karma I think. We didn't get this ad in Sunday's paper for our Fry's so I can't price match anywhere. I'll even take a copy of the ad if someone will mail that to me.

No luck tonight trying to price match at BB in Portland (airport location). They had to call Frys and find out if it was in stock, which of course it wasn't. Guys were real nice about it though.

Any NW Cags know if Fred Meyer will price match? Otherwise I'm just gonna wait until a price drop--weird mixed reviews have me skeptical.

[quote name='dragyynvessyl']No luck tonight trying to price match at BB in Portland (airport location). They had to call Frys and find out if it was in stock, which of course it wasn't. Guys were real nice about it though.

Any NW Cags know if Fred Meyer will price match? Otherwise I'm just gonna wait until a price drop--weird mixed reviews have me skeptical.[/QUOTE]
I called my Fred Meyer, and they said you need the actual flyer in order for them to price match.

[quote name='y2kenjination']I called my Fred Meyer, and they said you need the actual flyer in order for them to price match.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Now to see if I can find the real ad and not my computer printout.

Just came back from my 24hr walmart. The lady in electronics said they might be able to price it because she saw the end date. But said to try anyways and find out. Not only did I get it for $40 but I also got an extra $3 off and RE:UC for $40 also. Got lucky there.

Hi, does anyone know if BB will price match if i dont have a frys in my city? I dont think so, but it might be corporate policy so they already have it in their systems.

I'm boycotting Fry's after this terrible "deal". Got there at 5:30 pm, sold out. refused to give raincheck because of the "one time deal" crap.

[quote name='BADAIM']FRY's in Sacramento sold out and no rain checks[/quote]

You should have gone to the Best Buy in Natomas up the freeway, they told me they would PM it on Thursday but wouldn't do it for me while I was there on Wednesday. I went to another BB on Wednesday and they PM'd it no problem.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yes I did! I bought 2 SMGs, get 2 GCs, spent 1 GC for AC and then resell SMG on eBay for profit! I might do it again, so I can save enough money for future game. BTW, I was very lucky when a hot sexy store manager wanted to call frys, so I was a little afraid and she came back to verified the price and not telling were in stock or not... whew! I'm curious how do you compute Price Match formula? I have two different ways of computing of Price Matching. The first part was using 10% off the regular price then deducted from Sale price. Now the second part was using 10% off the difference then deducted from the Sale price. I like the first part because it saves more than the second part. Here's my mini chart below if you're confused.

Example for AC between BB for $59.99 and Frys for $39.99

Part A

$59.99 x 10% = $6
$39.99 - $6 = $33.99

Part B

$59.99 - $39.99 = $20
$20 x 10% = $2
$39.99 - $2 = $37.99

As a result, why do I have different price between the 2 parts? I may be wrong because my first Price Matcing was part A and the rest goes part B. Maybe I have untrained worker who doesn't know how to compute in part B. If wanted to go with part A then I must go with the right person. ;)[/quote]

Ahh dude, I went over to try and PM, but the girl I got told me that they had been calling Fry's since yesterday and it's never been in stock, so I got turned down apoligetically :/

I'm 0 for 2 when PM'ing at Burbank BB now....I'm just gonna get the LE version, hopefully the 10% coupon I got in the mail works.

So, how are you guys liking the game?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Guess what! I was told that AC shipment will be here today around 5pm for LA area! AC are still on sale for $39.99 and that was a little confused because it ends yesterday, lol. Today's AD was still effective for $39.99 as promised! Plus they can accept Raincheck but I have to be there to pickup Raincheck but I rather not go there because I wanted to PM at BB. Instead of going to Frys, I'll stop by BB around 4:30pm and get it PM at 5pm to be exact. Fingercrossed ;)[/quote]

good thing u didint go there cuz i went there around 6:30 and they didint have any copies. hope PM still works today.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ahh dude, I went over to try and PM, but the girl I got told me that they had been calling Fry's since yesterday and it's never been in stock, so I got turned down apoligetically :/

I'm 0 for 2 when PM'ing at Burbank BB now....I'm just gonna get the LE version, hopefully the 10% coupon I got in the mail works.

So, how are you guys liking the game?[/quote]

You should talk to store manager wearing white shirt (she look like Sarah Silverman) and other short lady (not the mexican chick, she threw away my previous AD before). Or I can give you my pricematch to show the proof unless you PM me. ;)

[quote name='janizzzle']good thing u didint go there cuz i went there around 6:30 and they didint have any copies. hope PM still works today.[/quote]

Have you tried PM at BB? You should talk to Sarah Silverman aka store manager.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']You should talk to store manager wearing white shirt (she look like Sarah Silverman) and other short lady (not the mexican chick, she threw away my previous AD before). Or I can give you my pricematch to show the proof unless you PM me. ;)[/quote]

I didn't see that lady around anywhere, and I got a latina chick (I think there's 2-3 of em), she just went around the wall, checked something out, came back and told me that since they don't have it in stock they can't PM for me. I was told that if it's not in stock they're not allowed to PM it, so she said anyone who was able to get it PM'd was 'lucky' :/

I guess it's worth a shot, but if the game is actually pretty damn good, I might just be a sucker and shoot for the LE :drool:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I didn't see that lady around anywhere, and I got a latina chick (I think there's 2-3 of em), she just went around the wall, checked something out, came back and told me that since they don't have it in stock they can't PM for me. I was told that if it's not in stock they're not allowed to PM it, so she said anyone who was able to get it PM'd was 'lucky' :/

I guess it's worth a shot, but if the game is actually pretty damn good, I might just be a sucker and shoot for the LE :drool:[/quote]

Damn... why did you let her do this. I choose not to talk to her again EVer ever EVER! Just look out for her or knock her door, so she can help you to PM. She'll be always there hiding behind the door, lol. Go back to PM again, since today is the last day for this sale.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Damn... why did you let her do this. I choose not to talk to her again EVer ever EVER! Just look out for her or knock her door, so she can help you to PM. She'll be always there hiding behind the door, lol. Go back to PM again, since today is the last day for this sale.[/quote]

Man, I'd rather have you over there and point her out or somethin' so I don't look like a fool XD

Thing is, somehow people always end up behind me when I'm doing this, and I don't want to be the "jackass" who holds up the line or argues n' shit, especially since I drop by there once in a while :/

Hey iNCREDiPiNOY, where are you seeing that today is the last day of the sale? LA Times and Fry's no longer has this flier, and there's no mention of this sale anywhere in Fry's when I went yesterday.

I was on the phone yesterday for this deal but not today's AD. Use the printout instead of showing the original AD then PM at BB. It work for me, cuz they don't mind telling me when's this sale ends. Or visit to Frys to get a Raincheck and if they say No, just tell other local area to verify or possibily across the state.

bread's done
Back