FS/BB: Free PS3/360 CoD: Ghosts, BF4, Assassin's Creed IV?

Got this email from local FS:

You’re receiving this email because in the last 24 hours, you had

placed a hold for Assassin’s Creed IV, Call of Duty Ghosts, and/or

Battlefield 4 through our online reservation service.

We’d like to inform you that, due to high volumes of requests for the

reservation of these games, we have blanket suspended all reservations

for these titles for all consoles. Additionally, we have

retroactively cancelled all orders placed within the last 24 hours for

these titles, your reservation included.

We would like to assure you, however, that we have a lot of stock of

all titles across all consoles, and would still encourage you to come

into the store on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If you are planning on taking part of our three day trade-in event,

we’d like to remind you that we accept ANY game for the XBOX 360, Wii

U, PS3, PS Vita, and Nintendo 3DS as a trade in, and there is a limit

of one trade-in per day per customer.

Which is why they stopped taking reservations for the games.
sorry not really level headed right now. but are you saying you they stopped taking reservations so people can get some games in store ? or are you saying that they are stopping reservations cause all games are taken off the floor from people putting the hold on games.

sorry not really level headed right now. but are you saying you they stopped taking reservations so people can get some games in store ? or are you saying that they are stopping reservations cause all games are taken off the floor from people putting the hold on games.

hmmm never what i just said i saw Ps3Gam3r's Post. for something like this i think it's more fair this way then holding stuff online. if it was like a hot deal say each game for $15 or something then i would sy it's fair to reserve them in store, but since it's for trades i think it would be alot better if it was first come first serve.

They stopped taking reservations online for now. Says they have in stock, but stopped taking reservations.

for Battlefield 4 it said sold out for my local futurshop store  ( apparently this is going on for Best Buy as well ) but i only saw Futureshop's Status on it. it's a crap shoot that's for sure. i didn't think BF4 would sell out like that from last week.  but AC4 said it was in stock tho. so who knows.

EDIT: yea before going into the game itself it shows a checkmark for reserveable in store. but when i go into the link for the game is says " Not Available in near by stores "  and that's for BF4 by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wait a moment here.  i just realized something.  it says it runs into Monday till closing time.  Futureshop should have caught on with  " Rememberance Day "  i guess you could say they didn't " Remember "  that day after all.

Oh wait a moment here. i just realized something. it says it runs into Monday till closing time. Futureshop should have caught on with " Rememberance Day " i guess you could say they didn't " Remember " that day after all.
I doubt any location is going to have stock left come Monday.

I'm just going to chime in and say I think they should have disabled Reserving for these games the very moment this got leaked. I went and reserved because I figured if reservations were an option for all, then the only way to get a game would have been to reserve while you still could. I haven't gotten either a confirmation email or a refusal one, so no idea what's going on. I think they at least made the right call by finally disabling the reserve option.

Anyway since when did we start expecting BB and FS to be on top of their game? They are home to some pretty sweet deals (E3 anyone?) but BOY are they disorganized!

I will freely admit that I reserved my copy in store. But I do agree that they should have had this disabled from the start. I have not received a notice that it has been canceled but I'll be pretty upset if I do because I have to work tomorrow morning and I would have switched shifts if they didn't have reservations.

Just a point of interest...on Elliot Chun's twitter (the man who confirmed the deal) it says that there's no reserve and pickup on the offer.

It'll probably vary by store, but just a heads up

https://twitter.com/elliottchun

Will be going to Best Buy tomorrow just before 10am, hopefully won't be too crazy...

Just a point of interest...on Elliot Chun's twitter (the man who confirmed the deal) it says that there's no reserve and pickup on the offer.

It'll probably vary by store, but just a heads up

https://twitter.com/elliottchun

Will be going to Best Buy tomorrow just before 10am, hopefully won't be too crazy...
From their forums on the offer;

Best Buy;

If I reserve a copy online, will I still get the deal?

Yes, we will honour any confirmed online reservations.

UPDATE: The Reserve & Pick up option has now been turned off on those 3 titles, all confirmed online reservations will be honoured.

Futureshop;

UPDATE: The Reserve & Pick up option has now been turned off on those 3 titles, all confirmed online reservations will be honoured.

From their forums on the offer;

Best Buy;

Futureshop;

Ah cool, just wanted to make people aware just in case. Looks like it'll all be fine though. I'd imagine most locations will have tons of copies of ACIV and Battlefield 4 and I think if you arrive near opening all should be fine...

Futureshop in Kingston was honoring reserves, even though the cashier said they knew they weren't supposed to. They were also allowing more than 1 per person.

I was one of the first ones in line, and they were already out of Assassin's Creed for Wii U and Xbox, so I'm sure the 60 people behind me are going to have a fun time...

I also brought a DDR game that was not in their system (http://www.amazon.ca/Konami-25125-DDR-Bundle/dp/B004G9DPNU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1384010237&sr=8-5&keywords=dance+dance+revolution), so they had to take me a around to a few different cashiers so they could find a dump sku.

I would not want to be a Futureshop employee today lol.

RFD in full retard mode, though most of RFD is from Ontario. Wonder how bad it is in Calgary? I'll head out in a bit. If there's, like, ~50 people at both FS and BB I'll call this deal DOA for me.

Line-up from the front of the store, starting at the back, at 10:05 am.

fuck that noise. All stock for these games will gone today. Luckily for me I don't care about any of the three games (would be nice to trade in, though)

Is Future Shop/Best Buy going bankrupt? Maybe it's a ploy to take a huge loss & still have stock...I don't know just guessing.

I just went to both a Future Shop and Best Buy. There were hundreds of people already in line at opening. Needless to say, I left with nothing. I almost wish there was no deal so I didn't get my hopes up.

Went to BestBuy in Burlington, Ontario Canada.

Line was 10 people 30 mins from opening. Got in there pretty quick. FIlled up to around ~100 at opening.

It was extremely organized. We walk in, get our traded-in game stickered, goto the return desk. Afterwards, tehy ask for our phone number and a digital signature and get us the game we want. They let me little 9 year old brother trade in as well, so combined, me my mom and brother got three games. (Two COD: Ghosts, 1 ACIV).

Their stock was about 10 ACIV copies and Battlefield but "hundreds" of Call of Duty Ghosts.

I went to the Futureshop 20 minutes down the road and the lady said there were hundreds of people there, so I guess going to an obscure store was a good idea.

Waited in line for 45 minutes at Best Buy in Lasalle (Qc). The girl said they had tons of stock as they were hoping to have stock till monday. Never going to happen lol, but they will probably have some stock all day today. The line was longer when I left then when I arrived lol. Going back out to another store after I eat :p

I only wanted Assassin's Creed 4, but I guess that won't be happening since I had the misfortune of waking up after noon and in Toronto. Though I guess waiting a few months and picking it up for $10 isn't too bad a compromise.

I managed to get my ISPU copies of BF4 (360) and AC4 (360) at Burlington Best Buy and Future Shop. I'd trade either of them BNIB for a copy of Arkham Origins for 360.

If anyone is willing to hook me up with CoD and BF4 I'd be willing to pay... I'm from US so I'm missing this

hey guys...the location i went to WERE honoring anyone who reserved a copy BUT they still had to wait in line if they decided to stay around rather than come back later...the wait time for me was about 3 hours and thankfully the store got restocked from another city that wasn't participating in the promotion...but after i got my copy i think there was about 80+ copies in total (both consoles) and ACIV was fully out...there were about 200+ ppl still waiting in line by the time i left

Anyone able to score an extra set of these 3 for PS3 send me a msg we can work something out? I don't have access to a future shop and would love to have a better Birthday. I'm really just looking for the upgrade voucher

hey guys...the location i went to WERE honoring anyone who reserved a copy BUT they still had to wait in line if they decided to stay around rather than come back later...the wait time for me was about 3 hours and thankfully the store got restocked from another city that wasn't participating in the promotion...but after i got my copy i think there was about 80+ copies in total (both consoles) and ACIV was fully out...there were about 200+ ppl still waiting in line by the time i left
So you still need to join those 3 hour lines to pick up a reservation? Damn

Saskatoon wasn't so bad.

Arrived at Future Shop about 10 minutes after they opened (got stuck in the snow on the way, or I would've been sooner).  Was through the line and out with BF4 in a little over an hour.

Jetted over to Best Buy and was through in about an hour and a half with a copy of CoD.

All told about 3 and a half hours of my day including travel time, and a couple junkers from my shelf (The Club, and Alpha Protocol) was well worth it for me.  Now to do the $10 PS4 upgrade on these bad boys at EB Games asap.  

My lower back is done... not sure if I have it in me to go in tomorrow for the left overs.

Oh, and there probably will be left overs at Best Buy atleast, because there was just a mountain of stacked PS3 versions of all three. Wii U was in limited quantities.

I was at FS first, an hour before opening. They let their employees trade in as many games as they had. Typical FS. Then they stood and waited inside until it was 10am to let us in. There was about 20 people when I got there, but quickly escalated to around 100 just as the store opened, and God knows how many were there after. The line was probably consistently at 150-200 people.

Went to Best Buy after, and had to wait around 2 1/2 hours. They seemed slower than Future Shop despite having as many CSRs doing the transactions.

Alot of people were cutting in with their friends and what-not. I went by myself, but I met some nice people, and at one point they saved my spot for half an hour when I had to go out and drop a relative of mine off at their work.

All in all, that was the morning. 

DemFreeGamesTho_zpsb1951ba5.png

Dem free games tho!

I still can't believe how many people knew about this deal, and were prepared going into it. DAT RFD HYPE! Seriously.

I hope non of you guys had trouble today.

Showed up about 30 minutes after the stores opened because the dude I went down with overslept. The lines wrapped around the inside of the stores and halfway around the outside of the building. He immediately gave up and we went and saw Thor. Then headed back after the stock was cleaned out and picked up my reserved copy of ACIV.

I was honestly disappointed. My Futureshop kept letting people trade in 3 games, for all 3 titles. They ran out of stock for ACIV not even 5 minutes after I got there. Then Battlefield 4 ran out after an hour I stood in line.

Thank god I reserved my copy for ACIV online. I'm going to try Best Buy tomorrow, I can't stand in line for another hour or so.

Anyone in Toronto want to pick up my AC4 reservation at Eglinton & Laird? It's the 360 version and I don't need it anymore, got it elsewhere. PM me and I'll forward the e-mail, hopefully telling them that you're picking up for your friend will work. Gone

Anyone in Toronto want to pick up my AC4 reservation at Eglinton & Laird? It's the 360 version and I don't need it anymore, got it elsewhere. PM me and I'll forward the e-mail, hopefully telling them that you're picking up for your friend will work.
I've never been asked for ID before to verify the name so using your name should be sufficient.

Also, I am really interested in Batman Arkham Origins for X360. If anyone wants to trade their Arkham Origins for 360 (BNIB or open is fine as long as it is MINT) for either Ghosts, AC4 or Battlefield 4 let me know! (All of these are for 360)

You think that they will restock by tomorrow?
Highly doubt it, it's a weekend. FS also usually doesn't restock weekend deals.

Would have been great if they didn't allow people to trade in stacks of games for multiple CoD/BF/AC. :/

I just searched CL and Kijiji, people are already selling the games for $45-$60

bread's done
Back