FS/BB: Free PS3/360 CoD: Ghosts, BF4, Assassin's Creed IV?

I'd have to think that instead of waiting in line two hours + driving they could have just picked up an extra shift and paid for the game easier... mind you I guess only if they were making $20/hour.
I'd think many of the participants of the line game in fact don't have jobs. Kinda a requirement to be able to drop everything and go stand in a line for hours. It's why I told my brother to go out, nobody else I mentioned it to even cared.

I'd think many of the participants of the line game in fact don't have jobs. Kinda a requirement to be able to drop everything and go stand in a line for hours. It's why I told my brother to go out, nobody else I mentioned it to even cared.
I assume that this deal was geared toward a younger audience. Honestly, as a person in their late 20's with full time employment, there's not the slightest fucking chance I would be willing to waste my time (especially weekend time) standing in a line up to trade for a video game. Especially when there are constant (albeit not as good) trade in deals, and deals like the E3 pre-order business, I just can't wrap my head around it.

I love a good deal as much as the next guy, but to me this is just wild. Time is valuable to me, even if I do like spending hours playing games (even this is something I only really get to do on weekends). To each their own I suppose.

I love a good deal as much as the next guy, but to me this is just wild. Time is valuable to me, even if I do like spending hours playing games (even this is something I only really get to do on weekends). To each their own I suppose.
Yeah, I agree, the only reasons I did it were:

1. I didn't think it would be nearly that big. I was thinking 20 people in line, not 400.
  2. I drove across town to my BB (thats a solid 20mins in Regina :) ) (see #1)
  3. I had my son with me, so he was getting a game too.
I actually got in some hot-water at home for wasting 3 hours on weekend, when I could have been wiring our basement... so yeah hindsight is 20/20.

It was pretty fun to see a couple teens get their game and get back in line... mind you as a teenager, if I had the day off from work I may have done that.

One of the FS employees actually denied the promo to anyone under 18 due to the M ratings of the games. He didn't ID anyone but there was a kid in line who came with his older brother and he was told he can't participate.

I assume that this deal was geared toward a younger audience
I'm too old, I didn't even think of teenagers. They always have weekends off, and no money.

One of the FS employees actually denied the promo to anyone under 18 due to the M ratings of the games. He didn't ID anyone but there was a kid in line who came with his older brother and he was told he can't participate.
Wow. Makes sense, kids aren't supposed to get M rated stuff without parental consent. But wow.

Hey, a free game for trading in ANY Ps3/Xbox360/Wii U game is nothing to sneeze at. Even if I had the cash, I would still do this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, a free game for trading in ANY Ps3/Xbox360/Wii U game is nothing to sneeze at. Even if I had the cash, I would still do this offer. Saves me the money in buying games I would never pay for.
Sure! I work and I got two games out of this deal. But I didn't have to wait long, and I think the keener point is re: hoarders/re-sellers, for people who work, it doesn't make sense to spend 2-3 hours in line to get a return on your investment worth $60. The profit margin is too low.

This was a great deal to all those who managed to get one or all 3 games, in some cases...I'm not surprised all the stock was gone within the first few hours of day 1...i mean really, can you blame them for running out? The FS i went to had 200 copies of each game (100 for each system) PLUS they got restocked from another store..that's a ton of games they were giving out for absolutely nothing! I saw people trade in sport games from 08 and games that just generally cost 2 bucks...hell, one guy tried to trade in Socom:Confrontation and the ONLY thing that stopped it from being a successful trade was because it had a "not for resale" sticker on the back, never mind the fact that it's an online only game with the servers being shut down a few years ago...great deal and hopefully they do another one next year!

bread's done
Back