***Full for now***Xbox new dashboard preview program basically sign up and ur in

killer9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/09/22/xbox-live-update-preview-program.aspx

I am happy to announce that we’re doing an Xbox 360 System Update Preview program for our next release, and the opportunity to sign up is now available. The Preview Program will give you the chance to check out ESPN on Xbox LIVE, Zune music, Netflix search, the new Xbox LIVE dashboard, and new updates to Zune video and Family Settings on your Xbox 360*. Much like we did last year, you’ll need to visit the Microsoft Connect site from this link and sign in with your Windows LIVE ID that is connected to your Xbox LIVE Gamertag. Once you complete the survey that is presented to you, the Connect site will notify you immediately if you’ve been accepted. A couple of points before you head off to register:

• We’re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good.
  • This is not for Kinect. You will not be receiving a Kinect sensor if you are chosen to participate.
  • This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available.
  • To avoid any problems, read the survey carefully and double check all the information your provide.
  • While both Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up, Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.
I’ll be sure to updated this post if the program fills up.

Good luck!

ONE DOWNSIDE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BE IN PARTIES WITH UR FRIENDS UNLESS THEY ALL HAVE THE NEW DASHBOARD PREVIEW U CANNOT GO BACK TO THE OLD DASHBOARD ONCE U GET THE NEW ONE

Last edited by a moderator:
The notice after you sign up says to check back in 2 weeks. This is the same dashboard preview you'd already have if you're in the Kinect preview.

[quote name='shigster']The notice after you sign up says to check back in 2 weeks. This is the same dashboard preview you'd already have if you're in the Kinect preview.[/QUOTE]

yes just no free kinect this time

Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Preview!
Thank you for your interest in participating. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the program. The program will officially start within the next two weeks. Until then, please be patient and check back on this site often for the latest updates.
Thank you,
Xbox LIVE Beta Administrators

You have successfully applied to Xbox LIVE Update Preview and your status is Active.

[quote name='Izod517']Cool and all, but the inability to talk to Party members, kind of completely kills all their betas for me.[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm having a hard time with that too. I want to check out the dashboard early, but it would suck not to be able to party up with people until November unless they are also previewing this.

I was going to apply to this just for the hell of it then saw that you won't be able to party chat with people not in the preview...

There isn't really any advantage to the preview except getting the update earlier right?

[quote name='killer9']send it to ur friends thats what i did[/QUOTE]

That's actually a good idea. I think there are only a few people I'd be playing with so I'll see if they are interested.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I was going to apply to this just for the hell of it then saw that you won't be able to party chat with people not in the preview...

There isn't really any advantage to the preview except getting the update earlier right?[/QUOTE]

pretty much thats it

I really wish they would say in big bold letters that you can't be in parties until November if you do this (unless all of the people you want to be in a party with also do this). There is nothing in this update that makes it worth giving up parties for 6 weeks.

Does anyone know if it would only affect the gamertag you register, or all of them on the xbox. Because parties are really important to my son and I don't want to make him lose the ability until november.

[quote name='smokey6']Does anyone know if it would only affect the gamertag you register, or all of them on the xbox. Because parties are really important to my son and I don't want to make him lose the ability until november.[/QUOTE]

Your dashboard will be replaced, so it will be the same for all gamertags used on the Xbox.

No way I'm losing party chat - With no cross-game chat, I'd feel like I was playing on a PS3. Just kidding. I wish there was more info on what the advantages would be to join, but I'm going to pass...

Thanks for the heads-up OP. I got in, and let a few friends know so hopefully they do too. Would suck if I'm unable to do party chat with them. :razz:

hmm that parties thing might deter some, though i haven't played online with a mic in a party for a while

edit: I couldn't login (even though I already had my Windows Live ID signed in) while in Firefox. I had to use Chrome. Also I got to the part where you have to enter your xbox 360's info and such but I didn't do that and just canceled. anyone know if this means I signed up but will not be participating?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamer SDP']hmm that parties thing might deter some, though i haven't played online with a mic in a party for a while

edit: I couldn't login (even though I already had my Windows Live ID signed in) while in Firefox. I had to use Chrome. Also I got to the part where you have to enter your xbox 360's info and such but I didn't do that and just canceled. anyone know if this means I signed up but will not be participating?[/QUOTE]

if u did not put in ur serial # console id and gamertag no u wont get in

Good to know a Preview Program for this new dashboard also :) hopefully I can sign up tomorrow when I get my 360 back! since don't have my Serial Number and Console ID down anywhere.

Sucks that it breaks Party Chat but I really only play with one friend over LIVE that often and we tend to use PCs to chat since the sound quality is so much better so no real lose for me! I can survive a month without that feature.

was stoked til I saw no parties (unless your friends participate too of course). There are to many people in my friends list and not in my friends list I play with, that gives giving up parties not worth the early preview IMO... oh well... thanx OP

[quote name='DarkSynopsis']Good to know a Preview Program for this new dashboard also :) hopefully I can sign up tomorrow when I get my 360 back! since don't have my Serial Number and Console ID down anywhere.

Sucks that it breaks Party Chat but I really only play with one friend over LIVE that often and we tend to use PCs to chat since the sound quality is so much better so no real lose for me! I can survive a month without that feature.[/QUOTE]

If you sent in your 360 for repair your console ID will be different. If you just moved or something and shipped it to yourself you can get the info online. Info in this thread.

[quote name='trent82']I really wish they would say in big bold letters that you can't be in parties until November if you do this (unless all of the people you want to be in a party with also do this). There is nothing in this update that makes it worth giving up parties for 6 weeks.[/QUOTE]

1.) Invite all your friends who you actually enjoy talking to into the beta
2.) They get accepted.
3.) ????
4.) PROFIT!!!

[quote name='louiedog']If anyone is stuck at work or school and can't get to their console, the serial number and console ID are available on the web. Instructions are in this existing thread.[/QUOTE]

Darn - I wish I would have seen this before. I tried signing up earlier but didn't have the number.

Oh well.

I was accepted, but what was this Kinect beta program someone mentioned? You were able to get a free Kinect?

[quote name='Assembler']I was accepted, but what was this Kinect beta program someone mentioned? You were able to get a free Kinect?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my brother has a friend who got in that. Lucky bastard:lol:

i signed up within minutes of kotaku announcing it so i got in, wish i would have known about the kinect one before it happened oh well just means ill have to buy one and move come tax time

bread's done
Back