Futureshop E3 promo - get up to $20 off for online preorders (June 10-13)

canuckcollector

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm pretty sure many people already went ahead and made preorders already, but will start a thread anyhow.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/pre-order-games.aspx

I think all games under $59.99 are on sale, not just the ones listed here.

What I've preordered so far...

Time and Eternity (PS3)

Dragon's Crown (PS3)

Tales of Xillia (PS3), cancelling amazon.ca $49.99 preorder

Beyond Two Souls SE (PS3)

Bravely Default Flying Fairy (3DS)

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)

Pokemon X (3DS)

Pokemon Y (3DS)

MGS Legacy Collection (PS3)

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (Wii U)

Final Fantasy X X2 HD Remaster (PS3)

GTA V (PS3)

Muramasa LE and Project Zone X are sold out :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine shipped Friday and I got it yesterday. I was super tired from work so I barely played, but I did throw it in long enough to get the first achievement a day before release date. :p

Mine shipped earlier than usual yesterday… but sat with Canada Post (I think?) doing nothing and now isn't going to arrive until tomorrow for some reason. These FS pre-orders really seem to be all over the place. I live downtown Toronto and I had received a good amount of them on release day and even one early, but the last 4 games have all arrived late, including Watch Dogs now apparently. Not sure if it's FS or Canada Post, though both can seem inept so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. 

Futureshop tends to have a weird concept of proper delivery windows. They think Ottawa is in same day shipping so my preorders are always late.

I just went to the store for one in the end. I get that it might not be "offered at the time", but if they offer it under the vague terms of "pre-order" then it should apply across the board. I hate having to bus 35 minutes just to grab this and go home, but I obviously want it.

Closest FS to me is South Keys and I live at the NW end of downtown. I'm sure you can appreciate what I'm saying Sdesros.

Reading reviews of Watch_Dogs that're coming in now, and one comment in Joystiq's article saying his pre-order for the game from this E3 deal was cancelled. True?
Just got mine in the mail today; it was almost cancelled, though. The card I'd used to make the purchase had actually expired earlier this year. They sent me a notification that billing had failed late last week; I called them up, gave them my new info, the card was billed the next day, and the game shipped on Sunday. Easy peasy.

I've been regularly trying to update the credit card on my remaining 2 games since Sdesros mentioned the issue. Whenever I try to update it I get a "feature temporarily unavailable" error. I changed my defaults expiry months ago, you'd think that'd correct any relevant orders details...

I've been regularly trying to update the credit card on my remaining 2 games since Sdesros mentioned the issue. Whenever I try to update it I get a "feature temporarily unavailable" error. I changed my defaults expiry months ago, you'd think that'd correct any relevant orders details...
I had this issue too; changing it online doesn't seem to update existing orders for whatever reason. I had to call and manually get it changed for both Watch Dogs and Mario Kart and apparently will also have to for other existing orders as well. You need to have the order numbers handy as well, total pain the in the ass.

I'm just gonna wait and see if they do the promo again this year, and maybe reorder stuff before I bother phoning customer service.

I had the same issue, too. I just phoned them up; the whole process took, like, 3 minutes.

Yeah, Futureshop's online editing for address / credit card information has never worked for me. Even when I did get it to save new credit card information, I couldn't apply it. As others have said, calling in is the solution. Just make sure, if you have more than one order, they get them all. They changed one of ours, and not the other; That left us with one of our games being shipped to an old address.

Someone on RFD is claiming to have gotten a FS flyer detailing a Buy-3-Save-$20/Game deal; seems pretty likely, given that they've offered a similar sale for the past few years. It's ballz that a "sale" priced game is $50, now... I'm reasonably sure I was picking up full-priced games for $50 just a few years ago...

*emoticon for poop*

It'll still be lovely if it's true. It's always been great for handheld games as well. Probably saved two hundred dollars on all the 3DS stuff alone.

I'm reading that it's not $20 off everything, it's a percentage adjusted for games. So $60 gets $20 off, $16.67 off for $50, etc.

If this is true I damn hope that it ends up being $23 or $24 for $70 titles, but knowing them it's going to be $20 for both $60 and $70.

Us Canadians got muffed HARD on this stupid price hike. I can't believe that come E3 the Xbox One is going to be cheaper here in Canada than the PS4. I should have bought it at launch.

I'm still waiting on the PS4, but when I do buy it, it'll be at SDM during a 20x points event. I'll then flip my $200+ worth of points at the next redemption event for more games. My greatest fear of course is Loblaws phases out gaming sections at SDM (lots of Toronto locations are well stocked) and I lose this option. :(

I'm reading that it's not $20 off everything, it's a percentage adjusted for games. So $60 gets $20 off, $16.67 off for $50, etc.

If this is true I damn hope that it ends up being $23 or $24 for $70 titles, but knowing them it's going to be $20 for both $60 and $70.
it does say save UP TO $20...

My greatest fear of course is Loblaws phases out gaming sections at SDM (lots of Toronto locations are well stocked) and I lose this option. :(
Loblaw employee here (I'm required to state that when discussing the company on the internets). Loblaws has no plans to change how chains they've purchased are run. They've made the mistake of attempting to "improve" some promptly after purchase before, only to have the entire chain fail. So they're careful not to muck with things now. An example would be the T&T Supermarket chain, which was bought up several years ago. If you walk into one there's no discernible change AFAIK.

The only logical change I can see happening is some sort points system merger. Seeing as RCSS has really been hyping their new-ish points system recently. So that may be in the works? I'm sure that would take a few years if it would happen though.

I finally got my hands on a Ps4 about 3 days ago. I mostly wanted one for Batman/Kingdom Hearts III/etc. I found out yesterday that Batman is going to be delayed until 2015 now.

I guess I still have Kingdom Hearts III to look forward too. I got inFamous Second Son and Watch Dogs for the time being.

I finally got my hands on a Ps4 about 3 days ago. I mostly wanted one for Batman/Kingdom Hearts III/etc. I found out yesterday that Batman is going to be delayed until 2015 now.

I guess I still have Kingdom Hearts III to look forward too.
Yeah, you could be enjoying Kingdom Hearts III as early as 2018!

Going to sit this one out, I think. $20 off of a $70 game is nowhere near enough to entice me... My backlog is so big, that by the time I get to a game, it's already heavily discounted; I just started Assassin's ZZZZZZZ Snore: Nap Flag (PS4) a few days ago, and have seen the LE go for $30.

With the exception of RDR 2, there isn't a game out there that I'd consider paying $50 new for.

Loblaw employee here (I'm required to state that when discussing the company on the internets). Loblaws has no plans to change how chains they've purchased are run. They've made the mistake of attempting to "improve" some promptly after purchase before, only to have the entire chain fail. So they're careful not to muck with things now. An example would be the T&T Supermarket chain, which was bought up several years ago. If you walk into one there's no discernible change AFAIK.

The only logical change I can see happening is some sort points system merger. Seeing as RCSS has really been hyping their new-ish points system recently. So that may be in the works? I'm sure that would take a few years if it would happen though.
Thanks for the heads up. It's nice to know Loblaws doesn't have plans to really change SDM too much. I'm actually looking forward to PC products appearing in SDM though.

I've mostly heard denials from Loblaws over the points merger possibility, but I figured eventually it would happen. I won't be a terribly huge fan of that, as SDM points have a much higher dollar / point value than PC points. It won't matter too much though; I don't hoard SDM points like some, so when the time comes, I won't be put out too much. A lot of SDM customers are truly fearful over it though.

I wouldn't worry about a points merger. I'm sure if it does happen there will be some exploits to take advantage of and stuff. The RCSS system has already had some great bugs, that've literally paid me more in points than my purchase cost :)

I guess I still have Kingdom Hearts III to look forward too. I got inFamous Second Son and Watch Dogs for the time being.
KHIII won't be out until 2015 at the very least.

BB will be 30% discount for 3+ preorders, regardless of the price. For any games over $59.99, discount from BB is better (plus rz points).
My issue with Best Buy, when it comes to niche games they're usually terrible to rely on. They're usually always on backorder come release day.

My issue with Best Buy, when it comes to niche games they're usually terrible to rely on. They're usually always on backorder come release day.
I don't recall E3 and niche titles do not fit together well. Mostly it was for big name titles. Even then niche games are usually not in that $59.99 range that makes BB preorder better.

E3 sale and niche titles did me fine last year. Got Disgaea D2, Tales of Xillia, Time and Eternity and Guided Fate Paradox among others in my FS preorders.

I don't recall E3 and niche titles do not fit together well. Mostly it was for big name titles. Even then niche games are usually not in that $59.99 range that makes BB preorder better.
I'm talking in general. They allowed you to pre-order any 3 games and you got a certain amount off last year. Best Buy has a habit of not having them in stock on release day.

Did you pay up the Canada fee or did you find it for $400 somewhere?

Also for BB, is it 30% off each preorder when preordering 3 or more? If so that's fantastic.

[quote name="Socpens" post="11814642" timestamp="1401919426"]

Also for BB, is it 30% off each preorder when preordering 3 or more? If so that's fantastic.[/quote] Yes. On the flyer it says save up to 30%.

Target this upcoming week has PS4 at $449.99 with $50 GC.

Yes. On the flyer it says save up to 30%. Target this upcoming week has PS4 at $449.99 with $50 GC.
Neat. Taxes here in Quebec kind of kill the deal, ends up being nearly $520 after tax, but I feel like this will be the best PS4 deal until Black Friday. I waited after launch and got screwed when the price went up, I feel like I should get one before something else happens.

For anyone interested in a *relatively* cheap PS4, you can take advantage of a variation on the deal I used to get mine last year:

- Create a free account at Great Canadian Rebates

- Once you're approved and make a purchase (I bought gas one time with mine), you'll get 2000 Sony Points

- GCR will give you a $60 cashback incentive once approved for the card.

- Buy your PS4 through GCR to get an additional 4.5% back

Doing some rough math, you should be able to get a PS4 for around $350 (not incl. tax), once it's all said and done. ($60 incentive, $20 in Sony points, $20 cashback).

Not to brag, or anything, but a buddy and I got in on it last year while MBNA was offering 10,000 Sony points for signing up; we were able to pre-order our PS4s for under $250 all-in  :D

Did you pay up the Canada fee or did you find it for $400 somewhere?
I paid the $449 for it. No one was selling it for $399, and I had no interest in the Xbox One despite the price difference. I bought mine from EBGames, due to needing the points so I can get closer to upgrading my card.

And yeah, taxes here in Quebec do suck.

I'm enjoying it so far, especially inFamous.

No one was selling it for $399, and I had no interest in the Xbox One despite the price difference. I bought mine from EBGames, due to needing the points so I can get closer to upgrading my card. I'm enjoying it so far, especially inFamous.
Tip: a refurbished one (EB Games sells them in the original boxes, and from what I've seen, they're either actually still brand new, or may as well be), would get you nearly twice as many points as a new one (800 vs. 450).

You're actually trying to shell out the $6000-$12000 to get an Onyx card? You sir are awesome.
I know some people who are over 7000 points now. Pre-ordering helps, since you get bonus points when the pre-order is picked up, and trading REALLY helps, since you get 2 points for ever trade dollar you get. That means that you can potentially reach Onyx by using trade credit alone to buy $3000 worth of used stuff (about 90 games, I guess). Unless points accumulate over multiple years, I won't get there, but I am at about 2300, so I'll at least reach the 3000 point threshold needed for a free renewal.

Points do accumulate. I'm sure I'll hit the 12000 points eventually, but I'm not even going to consider them a slight incentive till it's nearly done.

Although I did consider pre-ordering 50 Zelda 3DS's. They would've been easy flips, most likely for profit, and would've made me hit Onyx instantly :lol:

You're actually trying to shell out the $6000-$12000 to get an Onyx card? You sir are awesome.
Well, every retailer is basically selling their games at the same prices. Might as well work on my points with EB. Also, let's not forget EBGames seem to be the only ones who still do trade in offers, while Futreshop and Best Buy have stopped.

bread's done
Back