Futureshop E3 promo - get up to $20 off for online preorders (June 10-13)

canuckcollector

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm pretty sure many people already went ahead and made preorders already, but will start a thread anyhow.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/pre-order-games.aspx

I think all games under $59.99 are on sale, not just the ones listed here.

What I've preordered so far...

Time and Eternity (PS3)

Dragon's Crown (PS3)

Tales of Xillia (PS3), cancelling amazon.ca $49.99 preorder

Beyond Two Souls SE (PS3)

Bravely Default Flying Fairy (3DS)

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)

Pokemon X (3DS)

Pokemon Y (3DS)

MGS Legacy Collection (PS3)

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (Wii U)

Final Fantasy X X2 HD Remaster (PS3)

GTA V (PS3)

Muramasa LE and Project Zone X are sold out :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto, I was planning on going in since I heard about the LE upgrade. I just didn't think it was a limited thing so I didn't rush. I doubt a hardcover book plus the game will have much chance of getter broken in the mail, but I'm annoyed that I'm ordered through ebgames.ca now.

Of course I'll leave my cheap FS order open, and see what the hell happens.
My guess is, Futureshop won't update the info until almost launch. I have my copy pre-ordered at EB anyway.

...it seems EB stores are already pre-soldout.
Stores should still be pre-ordering the Limited Edition SKU. Maybe your store was thinking of the Final Fantasy IV Collector's Edition, which sold out last week?

It's worth noting that, for whatever weird reason, while EB Games's website only has a listing for one Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster (with a free upgrade to the LE edition), in stores there are two separate SKUs (regular and LE). Any store with any sense will have automatically changed everybody to the LE SKU (which is the same price), but if you've ordered through EB, you may wish to make sure you've pre-ordered under the correct SKU.

Stores should still be pre-ordering the Limited Edition SKU. Maybe your store was thinking of the Final Fantasy IV Collector's Edition, which sold out last week?

No they weren't confused about what game I was talking about, apparently they had stopped taking the preorders on it that day. I could try going back in and talking to the only clerk I know has brains though, it's certainly possible the ones I was talking to were just stupid... I'd only seen one of them around for the past month or so, and the other was the first time I'd seen him.

No they weren't confused about what game I was talking about, apparently they had stopped taking the preorders on it that day. I could try going back in and talking to the only clerk I know has brains though, it's certainly possible the ones I was talking to were just stupid... I'd only seen one of them around for the past month or so, and the other was the first time I'd seen him.
Just verified it for sure, EB Games is definitely still doing in-store pre-orders for the FF X | X-2 HD LE.

Ok, now I'm ticked off. Best Buy and Futureshop just listed the Artbooks for Dragon's Crown on their websites. Could have gotten both versions for cheap during the E3 promo. Sigh.

Ok, now I'm ticked off. Best Buy and Futureshop just listed the Artbooks for Dragon's Crown on their websites. Could have gotten both versions for cheap during the E3 promo. Sigh.
I wouldn't worry too much. Atlus are very clear: all launch copies get the book.

It's fine. They can choose to be not active in updating their listings and consequently, not get my money then :p

I've been reading about this artbook for a few months now. Has there been any word on whether the book is soft or hardcover?

I wouldn't worry too much. Atlus are very clear: all launch copies get the book.
I used their website, and it stated only select few retailers were getting the book. Futureshop wasn't even listed on there. I guess Atlus changed their minds or something.

Anyone have any experience with Nintendo games (Sunday release) pre-ordered online through FS? Would it arrive on the Friday prior, or Monday after?

Anyone have any experience with Nintendo games (Sunday release) pre-ordered online through FS? Would it arrive on the Friday prior, or Monday after?
WIth Game & Wario I was pleasantly surprised to have it in my mail box the Friday before release date.

I believe it mostly depends on your distance from one of their distribution centers, and when it is sent out, if you can receive it early or not.

I've yet to receive a shipping notice regarding Pikmin 3 though so it looks like that may not happen this time.

Game & Wario shipping notice was sent to me at 11pm on the Wednesday before, so hopefully I receive one tonight.

[quote name="Teeg" post="10950016" timestamp="1375295387"]

WIth Game & Wario I was pleasantly surprised to have it in my mail box the Friday before release date.

I believe it mostly depends on your distance from one of their distribution centers, and when it is sent out, if you can receive it early or not.

I've yet to receive a shipping notice regarding Pikmin 3 though so it looks like that may not happen this time.
Game & Wario shipping notice was sent to me at 11pm on the Wednesday before, so hopefully I receive one tonight.[/quote]

Thanks for the info guys! I'm just curious as I'll be out of town this weekend anyways, probably leaving before the mail guy comes Friday so I'd just as soon not receive it until after the weekend anyways so it's not sitting around. Of course, it's also a holiday Monday, so it wouldn't come until Tuesday in this case...

EDIT: just got the shipping email, estimated delivery is Friday, apparently. I'm sure if I were to be home all weekend I wouldn't be receiving it til next week :p

I used their website, and it stated only select few retailers were getting the book. Futureshop wasn't even listed on there. I guess Atlus changed their minds or something.
I just received my copy of Dragon's Crown from Future Shop. I preordered during the E3 deal period. The artbook was sealed with the game.

Hah! I got a Dragon's Crown from Future Shop too, it showed up with the artbook. Of course I covered my bases and ordered from EB too, as they were the confirmed source of the book. I wandered in today and they were all out of artbooks. Sounds like they got them several days ago, and were handing em out to people that wandered in this weekend preordering...

Which leaves me with a question. FS had the book and game sealed together. Did FS do that themselves? EB seems to have gotten the games and books separately, cause they had enough allocation of the game there for me still...

I'm not doing anything with the game in the near future, so I'd prefer to leave it all sealed up if it's supposed to be sealed.

I guess I learned my lesson. Just order EVERYTHING through Futureshop and hope for the best.

Cause apparently announcing bonuses super late is their new thing.

Worst case you just return everything.

Some EBs didn't have enough artbooks for everyone that pre-ordered, atleast here in Calgary. I've ordered off Amazon, and hoping I get one when it arrives tomorrow. I had previously pre-ordered from Best Buy, in store, and when I went to pick it up yesterday, no artbook, online only apparently.

Anybody want to bet that the KH 1.5 preorder will not be the limited edition? They had a separate SKU popup sometime after the big E3 sale, and it went sold out pretty quickly.

Also, this listing appeared on amazon.ca recently. It's different from the regular edition, and the item title is a bit strange (LTD?)

Here's the unboxing

I can confirm that the Limited Edition with the artbook is a separate SKU.  My local EB Games received both limited edition copies for everyone who pre-ordered before a certain date and regular copies for everyone who pre-ordered after that date.  My expectation if you pre-ordered 1.5 Remix through Future Shop is that you will get the regular edition.  (I'm picking it up from EB for this reason.)

Unfortunately Future Shop seems to differntiate pre-order and limited edition.

Project X Zone and Shin Megami Tensei and Mario Dream Team ( and various other games) are listed as pre-order bonus (that future shop offers [eb games/amazon/walmart exclusive does not count])

With games (usually by square enix) they release LIMITED EDITION versions... and are unfortunately not bundled in Future Shops pre order....

This is why I always double dip on my pre orders or at least hold off until a bundle or bonus is announced.

Well my future shop didn't have the limited edition kingdom hearts 1.5 copy for me...

Luckily the guy was nice enough to do a exchange for me. (aka YMMV)

I'm bummed out, no limited edition anywhere on this island. Still faint hope that the amazon.ca preorder is limited...

On the plus side, because of the way it's packaged it should be fairly easy to find a used copy of the LE over the next few months. Lots of people would just hang onto separate artbooks when trading stuff into EB, as it doesn't get them anything extra. But you gotta trade stuff in inside a case, or EB might not take it.

So, what's the earliest any of you guys has received an online pre-order from FS? I received Pikmin on the Friday before (Sunday release), and Metal Gear came on the Monday before (Tuesday release).

I doubt it would happen with a game of such magnitude, but I wouldn't complain if GTA V showed up early...

So, what's the earliest any of you guys has received an online pre-order from FS? I received Pikmin on the Friday before (Sunday release), and Metal Gear came on the Monday before (Tuesday release).

I doubt it would happen with a game of such magnitude, but I wouldn't complain if GTA V showed up early...
SMT IV arrived the day before release for me, but my Sunday releases (Pikmin and New Super Luigi U) haven't shipped until the Monday after the release, arriving two days later on the Wednesday.

Futureshop doesn't appear to have charged me yet for GTA 5, anyone else? Often they'll charge late in the week before release, I thought I would have been charged by now. I better get the game on release day!

Futureshop doesn't appear to have charged me yet for GTA 5, anyone else? Often they'll charge late in the week before release, I thought I would have been charged by now. I better get the game on release day!

They haven't charged me for it yet either, nor has the status changed. I've noticed that for me at least, things ship out at 11pm the day before I get it, so I'm assuming that will happen tomorrow night. Either way, I'll just grab it in store on Tuesday if it doesn't come, and then return my mailed copy to the store with the store receipt whenever it does.

So far I've gotten my games one to two days after release day. They tend to ship around midnight, the morning of release day. Kind of stupid on their part, there is no way a game that ships that late makes it to your door on release :/ If they don't want more and more people going digital, they are going to need to start stepping it up!

They haven't charged me for it yet either, nor has the status changed. I've noticed that for me at least, things ship out at 11pm the day before I get it, so I'm assuming that will happen tomorrow night. Either way, I'll just grab it in store on Tuesday if it doesn't come, and then return my mailed copy to the store with the store receipt whenever it does.
Maybe I'll do the same, good idea. It'll probably be fine though.

W00t my order status changed to Shipped some time this afternoon!

This sucks. I never got my 800 RZ for Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.
Email them. I had to for Tales of Xillia. Got the certificates right away, actually. I know the program's dead, but more than one CSR has told me that they will honour any pre-orders made prior to the cut off date.

They were good about it with the original Dark Souls, IIRC. But we shall see I guess!
On the same topic... here's a link to FFX HD "limited edition"... different SKU from the one I preordered

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-limited-edition-playstation-3-english/10260778.aspx?path=a39208b9f740f70fb191211de27efbafen02

ALL EB games customers are getting the upgrade to limited edition. What a damn ripoff. Yeah I'm saving 13$ but I want my artbook!!! Screw you FS.

On the same topic... here's a link to FFX HD "limited edition"... different SKU from the one I preordered

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-limited-edition-playstation-3-english/10260778.aspx?path=a39208b9f740f70fb191211de27efbafen02

ALL EB games customers are getting the upgrade to limited edition. What a damn ripoff. Yeah I'm saving 13$ but I want my artbook!!! Screw you FS.
Do we know this means the preorders won't get the LE and that this new SKU isn't just a way for new customers to place orders for it? The LE for that game looks nice, so I'll definitely make a backup preorder at EB if I have to.

EDIT: I tweeted the FS Gamer account to ask for clarification on this. We pretty much know what their answer will be, but it's good to shame them about stuff like this.

Do we know this means the preorders won't get the LE and that this new SKU isn't just a way for new customers to place orders for it? The LE for that game looks nice, so I'll definitely make a backup preorder at EB if I have to.

EDIT: I tweeted the FS Gamer account to ask for clarification on this. We pretty much know what their answer will be, but it's good to shame them about stuff like this.

Thanks for doing this. I already have a LE preorder at EB Games and I'll return the FS preorder since I can't seem to cancel it anymore (half of the order was shipped)

...I'll return the FS preorder since I can't seem to cancel it anymore (half of the order was shipped)
Future Shop's website is not useful for managing your order. Call up customer service, and their excellent reps will make any cancellations or other adjustments you need done.

So they just announced the CE for Dark Souls 2:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/18/dark-souls-2-confirms-the-date-of-your-demise/

I didn't catch a price on it, but the good news for people who took advantage of this deal is that all non-CE pre-orders are the edition with the tin case and the soundtrack. Not bad for $39.99.

As a huge Souls fan, I'm probably going to have to cancel this and get the CE, though. :(

Yikes.... Just read this on twitter

https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/status/383241216688545793

I wonder if it will be sold in Canada at all.

Ugh, maybe if EB isn't touching it it means it's going to be Amazon exclusive or something? It seems readily available in the USA still, so I don't think it's a matter of limited quantities...

Does anyone know if we can cancel the pre-orders for Pokemon? I did EBGames trade in deal, which saved me more money, but it won't let me cancel my second shipment.

Do i have to wait for them to ship the games to me, then return them to Futureshop?

Yikes.... Just read this on twitter

https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/status/383241216688545793

I wonder if it will be sold in Canada at all.
Confirmed yesterday, stores will be getting an extremely limited allocation of the Collector's Edition. At my local store, there was only one left for each system after existing pre-orders were offered the chance to upgrade.

Does anyone know if we can cancel the pre-orders for Pokemon? I did EBGames trade in deal, which saved me more money, but it won't let me cancel my second shipment.

Do i have to wait for them to ship the games to me, then return them to Futureshop?
You could do that, or you can call Future Shop customer service, and they'll cancel the items for you.

Confirmed yesterday, stores will be getting an extremely limited allocation of the Collector's Edition. At my local store, there was only one left for each system after existing pre-orders were offered the chance to upgrade.
Thanks for the headsup, I'll check in with my local store tomorrow.

bread's done
Back