Futureshop E3 promo - get up to $20 off for online preorders (June 10-13)

canuckcollector

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm pretty sure many people already went ahead and made preorders already, but will start a thread anyhow.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/pre-order-games.aspx

I think all games under $59.99 are on sale, not just the ones listed here.

What I've preordered so far...

Time and Eternity (PS3)

Dragon's Crown (PS3)

Tales of Xillia (PS3), cancelling amazon.ca $49.99 preorder

Beyond Two Souls SE (PS3)

Bravely Default Flying Fairy (3DS)

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)

Pokemon X (3DS)

Pokemon Y (3DS)

MGS Legacy Collection (PS3)

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (Wii U)

Final Fantasy X X2 HD Remaster (PS3)

GTA V (PS3)

Muramasa LE and Project Zone X are sold out :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got my headphnes today (thanks canuckcollector!!!) but I'm not sure about keeping them. It's been half a day and my head feels like it's in a lock. Normally I can wear my sennheiser for 8 hours no problem. They're way too tight!
I also got my headphnes today (thanks canuckcollector!!!) but I'm not sure about keeping them. It's been half a day and my head feels like it's in a lock. Normally I can wear my sennheiser for 8 hours no problem. They're way too tight!

Really? I think they're awesome, played a few hours of Rocksmith on it. The sound is great and I can actually practice playing bass while people are sleeping a few doors down~.
Mine are currently charging. However I did put them on and noticed how tight they are... I can see this being an issue for me as well. I think some of us have a hard time dealing with too much pressure on our heads while others are unphased by this. One solution would be to stretch them out, put them on something bigger than your head when you aren't wearing them. That's what I'll be doing if I end up liking them enough to keep.

I also received and tested my headset last night for a couple of hours, and I couldn't be more happy.

Those complaining about the headset being too tight or small, you are able to stretch them just like any other headset to fit your head.

Anyways, I did a little research on YouTube, to find out how all the functions work and how to customize its setting while connected to PC.

And after a little tweaking, the bass on this headset is unbelievable, not to mention while the them 7.1 virtual surround sound mode on aswell.

Last thing, I tested on my ps3 was a watching "A Good Day To Die Hard" on blu-ray, and it was amazing experience aswell.

Simply because in my headset there were a lot of explosions happenings, meanwhile my family thought I was actually sleeping in my room because there was no sound coming from my TV and out my room.

In the end this is a great WIRELESS headset and it does what it said it was supposed to do and then some. Highly Recommended from me. Last thing, this is review is coming from someone who actually owns Dr.Dre beats headset.

So yeah, PS3 WIRELESS 7.1 Headset are worth more then its $100 price tag and thoese of us who got it for $49.99, shouldn't be more happier.

I also received and tested my headset last night for a couple of hours, and I couldn't be more happy.

Those complaining about the headset being too tight or small, you are able to stretch them just like any other headset to fit your head.

Anyways, I did a little research on YouTube, to find out how all the functions work and how to customize its setting while connected to PC.

And after a little tweaking, the bass on this headset is unbelievable, not to mention while the them 7.1 virtual surround sound mode on aswell.

Last thing, I tested on my ps3 was a watching "A Good Day To Die Hard" on blu-ray, and it was amazing experience aswell.

Simply because in my headset there were a lot of explosions happenings, meanwhile my family thought I was actually sleeping in my room because there was no sound coming from my TV and out my room.

In the end this is a great WIRELESS headset and it does what it said it was supposed to do and then some. Highly Recommended from me. Last thing, this is review is coming from someone who actually owns Dr.Dre beats headset.

So yeah, PS3 WIRELESS 7.1 Headset are worth more then its $100 price tag and thoese of us who got it for $49.99, shouldn't be more happier.
I can vouch for these as well. I used that headset for a little over a year I believe, and absolutely loved it. I've now got the "upgraded" version (nothing wrong with the others, I just loved them so much I jumped at these when they came out), which is slightly less comfortable, but even better in bass and sound quality. It also has the option of having "bass impact" on, which essentially amounts to having something similar to controller rumble on your head. It sounds kinda weird, but trust me, with the right settings it's an incredible sensation, especially when playing a game like Battlefield, or listening to pretty much any kind of music.

Still, for $50 you can't go wrong with the original model. I've also got a code for the $50 coupon, PM me if you can use it.

EDIT: code taken.

I can vouch for these as well. I used that headset for a little over a year I believe, and absolutely loved it. I've now got the "upgraded" version (nothing wrong with the others, I just loved them so much I jumped at these when they came out), which is slightly less comfortable, but even better in bass and sound quality. It also has the option of having "bass impact" on, which essentially amounts to having something similar to controller rumble on your head. It sounds kinda weird, but trust me, with the right settings it's an incredible sensation, especially when playing a game like Battlefield, or listening to pretty much any kind of music.
I tested mine out last night. Watched a portion of Gamer (the movie, on netflix) and a portion of a Mad Men episode (I feel like the intro sequence is a good barometer for testing headphones' balance) and then played the Last Of Us fora few hours... I love them, and I've been through several headphones over the past few months trying to find a new pair to replace my dying Acoustic Reaserch ones. I had tried the newer version of these as well and ended up not liking them, finding them uncomfortable and the base thing was irritating to me. These older ones are almost perfect. I'm streching them out a little, as they are a little tight, but not nearly as bad as version 2. And the sound is really well balanced. I not once was bothered by out of place bass or other out of place noises.

Next I plan to test them with my PC. Any useful links to the tutorials you found on customizing them rana09?

OK I will be stretching them then. In the meantime, care to share some of your optimal settings?

OK I will be stretching them then. In the meantime, care to share some of your optimal settings?
Here are the settings for PC 7.1 Surround Sound. Leave a Positive Feedback if this was helpful for anyone :)

Setting for PC

• Connect the "Dongle" (USB that came with the Headset) to your PC,
    Windows will automatically dected/pair them.
  • Once they are detected/paired, then go to the SPEAKER settings
    (by clicking on the volume control button in the taskbar)

In Speakers Properties

• Level - Set To 50
  • Enhancements - Turn on BASS (Settings - Set Frequency to 75 Hz & Boost Level to 12dB
  • Turn on BASSVIRTUAL SURROUND
  • Advanced - Change to 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
Thats It!
Experience TRUE Power of 7.1 Surround Sound
Please leave a Positive Feedback
3H4Xv.gif

I got my project X zone today. (Niche games usually don't get to shops til thursday so I'm happy) It is the LE box. Artbook and Poster are kinda dinky sized but still nice. It also comes with a club nintendo code which is nice.

I am so happy with the FS preorder division. Every single time I've preordered w best buy they've either cancelled my order(they would give a "Im sorry" heres 10$ coupon atleast) shipped late or forgot the reward zone points that were supposed to be added.

So far 3 for 3 for futureshop with precise quick shipping.

Really? My copy of PxZ hasn't even shipped out yet... Of course I ordered it when it popped back into stock towards the end of the deal, but it's just sitting there in stock seemingly.

Really? My copy of PxZ hasn't even shipped out yet... Of course I ordered it when it popped back into stock towards the end of the deal, but it's just sitting there in stock seemingly.
Probably I ordered at the same time, but I received a shipping notice on Monday and is being delivered today.

What happens after 1 of the games from my pre-order is no longer available? I just received this email today, Does Futureshop offers some sort of computation for this kind of situation? I had used Buy 3, Get $20 off each promotion.

"Hello,

On your recent visit to Futureshop.ca you ordered the South Park The Stick Of Truth (PlayStation 4). Due to reasons beyond our control, South Park The Stick Of Truth (PlayStation 4) is no longer available. Therefore, we will need to cancel your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused. We thank you for your loyalty to Future Shop and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,
The Futureshop.ca Team"

I got the same e-mail for that and for the Dark Sorcerer. They better honour the deal when those games are released.

I got the same e-mail for that and for the Dark Sorcerer. They better honour the deal when those games are released.
Yea I preordered South Park on PS4 just in case, but as expected it is a current gen game, not coming to PS4. That's why it got cancelled. As for Dark Sorcerer, I laughed when I saw it listed on the FS pre-order page. It's a tech demo of sorts, like Kara was (look up Kara Quantic Dreams if you haven't seen it). It will never be a game, so don't expect to receive it from FS ;)

Edit: Also as far as I can tell, only the item gets cancelled, and your other games are still pre-ordered at the discount you are supposed to get. Just checked that order and the current balance reflects this.

Yea I preordered South Park on PS4 just in case, but as expected it is a current gen game, not coming to PS4. That's why it got cancelled. As for Dark Sorcerer, I laughed when I saw it listed on the FS pre-order page. It's a tech demo of sorts, like Kara was (look up Kara Quantic Dreams if you haven't seen it). It will never be a game, so don't expect to receive it from FS ;)

Edit: Also as far as I can tell, only the item gets cancelled, and your other games are still pre-ordered at the discount you are supposed to get. Just checked that order and the current balance reflects this.

Well, that's good to hear. I tried to pre-order as much as I could on both consoles (making the most of the deal) and ended up with 38 games after the cancellation haha!

I just figured I'd cover my bets with the PS3 and PS4 versions of the games. In case they all ended up coming out around the same time as PS4 - no point in buying last gen just to sit on my shelf for a month and then have the current gen version show up.

Just received my MGS collection a day early. Not a bad little package for the $33 or so that it ended up costing with this deal.

Me too. Do you know if the art book package is a limited run?
I'm not sure, I didn't even realize we were getting one so it's entirely possible. I don't remember reading about one being included in the package when I first read about it, but it could've just been something I missed I guess.

So, is Futureshop going to ship out SMTIV early? It comes out next Tuesday. People have stated getting their games early.

So did I.

What are Future Shop's shipping times like? I'm in Toronto, so I'm hoping it'll only take a few days.

I live downtown and my MGS shipped on a Friday and I received it Monday, so I'd guess about the same.

Hi all, longtime lurker, first time poster.  Just wanted to alert people to the fact Future Shop seems to have merged the listings for the new Zelda on Wii U and Wind Waker HD together (they only list Wind Waker now).  I've tried e-mailing them about this twice over the past week and a half, but have received no response.  So if you ordered the new Zelda, I'd encourage you to e-mail them about it, as the more people they hear from the better ... otherwise we could all end up getting screwed and end up getting an extra copy of Wind Waker...

Picked up my SMTIV from the post office this morning, and couldn't believe how unprofessionally packaged it was.  Loose inside an unfitted, floppy bubble-mailer without even an invoice inside.  However, the item is perfectly fine and not damaged in any way (it only spent two days in transit from the western Canada fulfillment centre).  The rest of my order is nothing but regular, lightweight game cases, so I don't have any worries about their condition; Pikmin 3 is up next.

My SMT4 was fairly squished in the mail. I just wandered into a store and did a quick exchange, problem solved. Although from the sounds of it they might be dropping my squished one on some poor soul who pre-ordered in-store...

I went down to meet the Canada Post driver, as to be assured he didn't try to squish the package into our tiny mail box. The package and box were in perfect condition, sharp edges and all.

Welp, Canada Post trolled me. I did get my game yesterday, only they gave it to my downstairs neighbors. Also, the case was damaged, that I had to go to Futureshop and exchange it.

Canada Post sucks, and Futureshop should use a different carrier.

Is FS even getting the LE? I just wandered into my local EB to do a real store preorder (to ensure I get a non-beatup copy), and it seems EB stores are already pre-soldout. And I don't see any mention of the LE upgrade on the FS listing. Amazon.ca doesn't have it (even the regular version), and even Video Games Plus isn't listing it. It looks like the only place it's available in Canada now is ebgames.ca.

Is FS even getting the LE? I just wandered into my local EB to do a real store preorder (to ensure I get a non-beatup copy), and it seems EB stores are already pre-soldout. And I don't see any mention of the LE upgrade on the FS listing. Amazon.ca doesn't have it (even the regular version), and even Video Games Plus isn't listing it. It looks like the only place it's available in Canada now is ebgames.ca.
When it comes to LEs, I usually just stick with EBGames either way. Futureshop didn't list the LE for SMTIV until 4 weeks before release.

When it comes to LEs, I usually just stick with EBGames either way.
Ditto, I was planning on going in since I heard about the LE upgrade. I just didn't think it was a limited thing so I didn't rush. I doubt a hardcover book plus the game will have much chance of getter broken in the mail, but I'm annoyed that I'm ordered through ebgames.ca now.

Of course I'll leave my cheap FS order open, and see what the hell happens.

bread's done
Back