Futureshop E3 promo - get up to $20 off for online preorders (June 10-13)

canuckcollector

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm pretty sure many people already went ahead and made preorders already, but will start a thread anyhow.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/pre-order-games.aspx

I think all games under $59.99 are on sale, not just the ones listed here.

What I've preordered so far...

Time and Eternity (PS3)

Dragon's Crown (PS3)

Tales of Xillia (PS3), cancelling amazon.ca $49.99 preorder

Beyond Two Souls SE (PS3)

Bravely Default Flying Fairy (3DS)

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)

Pokemon X (3DS)

Pokemon Y (3DS)

MGS Legacy Collection (PS3)

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (Wii U)

Final Fantasy X X2 HD Remaster (PS3)

GTA V (PS3)

Muramasa LE and Project Zone X are sold out :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think I'm done. I ordered some stuff I maybe won't want from FS, but I figured it's best to pile everything in now and sort it all out later. Huge thanks to everybody that pointed out random stuff that wasn't featured, I dug around some myself and couldn't find much anything. My final list:

Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Bravely Default Flying Fairy
-
Final Fantasy X X2 HD Remaster
Dragon's Crown
Tales of Xillia
-
The Witch and the Hundred Knights
The Guided Fate Paradox
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
Dark Souls 2
-
Legend Of Zelda Link Between Worlds
Project x Zone
Muramasa Rebirth Limited Edition
-
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD
Wii U X
The Legend of Zelda

My list so far;

Project x Zone

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Bravery Default

The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds

Pokemon X

Pokemon Y

Already paid off Muramasa/Tales of Xillia CE at EB, and I want that artbook from Dragon's Crown. 

My poor wallet.

Yeah I skipped it just becasue of that, $40 seems to be the norm for remake rereleases. Although, when it comes to any needed cancellations I suppose it'd be simple to just return an item in-store after the fact. Anybody do that on previous years? Did it cause any headaches?
I assume the price will be adjusted when it's actually set. If they bump it down to $39.99, they should change your discount to $13.33 or whatever—they're not going to make you pay the full $59.99 minus $20 for it.

Also, Muramasa LE is already sold out. :(

Maybe I can make another order of Smash Bros. U, Project X Zone, and Link to the Past 2... Hmm...

EDIT: Looks like Project X Zone is sold out again too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the double-post, but it looks like Final Fantasy XV has now been added to the pre-order deal for both PS4 and Xbone.

PS4 has been added to the main pre-order deal page, but it's sold out.

I assume the price will be adjusted when it's actually set. If they bump it down to $39.99, they should change your discount to $13.33 or whatever—they're not going to make you pay the full $59.99 minus $20 for it.

Sorry for the double-post, but it looks like Final Fantasy XV has now been added to the pre-order deal for both PS4 and Xbone.
That's how the discount 'should' work, but not how they do it. If something drops we get whichever price is cheaper. You can possibly get the E3 discount stacked back on the new cheaper MSRP if you phone up and complain. But YMMV complaint results aren't worth the hassle IMO.

I also wouldn't bother with FF15 preorders even though I know I'll want it. It'll certainly have preorder goodies, even Futureshop will probably offer a steelbook. Plus it'll pricedrop like mad shortly after release.

That's how the discount 'should' work, but not how they do it. If something drops we get whichever price is cheaper. You can possibly get the E3 discount stacked back on the new cheaper MSRP if you phone up and complain. But YMMV complaint results aren't worth the hassle IMO.

I also wouldn't bother with FF15 preorders even though I know I'll want it. It'll certainly have preorder goodies, even Futureshop will probably offer a steelbook. Plus it'll pricedrop like mad shortly after release.
Well... at least the good news is if the game drops from 59.99 to 39.99 it'd be easy to cancel it and just buy it somewhere else. And most of the games listed here already at 39.99, those prices aren't going anywhere.

I'm definitely holding out on FFXV. I actually don't even know if I want it, but I thought some people here might be interested in chucking it into an order. :)

I'll want FFXV but there's probably going to be some big premium edition that won't sell and i'll be able to get for 40 bucks down the line. *cough* FFXIII-2

But if they magically add Symphonia and Etrian Odyssey I'll add it as a third to the order with them just in case.

I'll want FFXV but there's probably going to be some big premium edition that won't sell and i'll be able to get for 40 bucks down the line. *cough* FFXIII-2

But if they magically add Symphonia and Etrian Odyssey I'll add it as a third to the order with them just in case.
I admit that I did search for Symphonia, and was disappointed to find it wasn't listed. :(

Already well over $900, and am still considering MGS V and FF XV. I'm sure I'll get CE/LE and will wait for a price drops for playing.

Was anyone able to get an upgrade to CE on E3 preorder? I remember seeing some posts like this on rfd before.  

How has FS been like with pre-order bonuses? are they up to par with EB?
Nobody is up to par with EB for pre-order bonuses. They always get the best ones. Other stores may get a bonus weapon while EB gets the weapon and an exclusive mission or something, that is a routine thing.

Does anyone know if Best Buy ships my Last of Us today but Futureshop doesn't, can I open the Best Buy copy and then return the FS one to Best Buy later for refund? Will there be any difference, they'll only scan the UPC code right? They ship them from the same warehouse.

I'm asking cause I want to play the game ASAP and my Futureshop copy was cheaper, I didn't have time to cancel the BB order.

Nobody is up to par with EB for pre-order bonuses. They always get the best ones. Other stores may get a bonus weapon while EB gets the weapon and an exclusive mission or something, that is a routine thing.
Oh, for sure. I probably shouldn't of said pre-orders, as what I meant to say was more along the lines of first runs/prints of games, ie. Project X Zone, and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Oh, for sure. I probably shouldn't of said pre-orders, as what I meant to say was more along the lines of first runs/prints of games, ie. Project X Zone, and Shin Megami Tensei IV.
SMT's first run upgrade is from the publisher, not the retailer, so anyone that Atlus ships the game to will have it.

Oops, I have no idea about that.

I am quite sure the first run specials will be on FS. I just have extra preorders on amazon just in case FS does not.

Futureshop should have SMTIV/Project x Zone Limited Editions. As every single first print copy gets them no matter what.

Does anyone know if Best Buy ships my Last of Us today but Futureshop doesn't, can I open the Best Buy copy and then return the FS one to Best Buy later for refund? Will there be any difference, they'll only scan the UPC code right? They ship them from the same warehouse.

I'm asking cause I want to play the game ASAP and my Futureshop copy was cheaper, I didn't have time to cancel the BB order.
I think you should be fine, I don't remember seeing any "Future Shop exclusive" or "Best Buy exclusive" type stuff that would have different packaging or anything. Personally I'm planning on just going into FS tomorrow if my copy doesn't ship today and then returning my shipped copy with my store invoice just so I can play it over the weekend.

Do the games ship on launch day or the day before?

I seem to remember receiving them on launch day during the 2011 E3 deal...

Do the games ship on launch day or the day before?

I seem to remember receiving them on launch day during the 2011 E3 deal...
My copy of The Last of Us shipped yesterday.
I've only had one online pre-order from FS, but it arrived on release day (Metal Gear Rising). This time around, I've yet to receive an email saying The Last of Us has even shipped...

I remember when Tales of the Abyss 3D was releasing, I pre-ordered it off their site after trading in Uncharted 3 for that $50 gift card offer.

They shipped Tales of the Abyss early, and I got it on release day.

During the 2011 E3 deal only 1 of the 6 games I preorderd came release day, all the rest came later the same week or the next. The only thing that really bothered me about that is that some people who preordered the games closer to release got them on release day and they ran out of stock on some before all preorders were filled.

The games I have preordered this year from FS have arrived release day, or at the latest by Friday of that week. I received a shipping notice for Last of Us last night, and they delivery date they noted was for Friday. So hopefully it will arrive then, I'd hate to wait until Monday to get it  :(

Just a warning boys and girls. I just went through my orders and one of them had decided that Saints Row 4 was to be shipped via Air. Which I had certainly not asked for. So I cancelled and re-placed my order. Seems fine now. You may want to double check while the promo is still on, just sayin ;)

is shipping no longer free? nvm its like kapbam says changed one of the shipping air to ground and now its changed to free again

pre ordered

southpark stick of truth: the nagasaki fart!

dragons crown

time and eternity

COD dont judge me D: ..

My FS and BB preorders for Last of Us shipped today, FYI. I normally receive them the next day.
Got my email at 11:30 last night, but it's supposedly being delivered to me today so that's great.

EDIT: For those who care, I did receive TLOU in the mail today. Makes me even more excited about the pre-orders I made on this deal.

My friends swear by those headphones. I figured at 50$, they'll be my go-to solution for multiplayer. So yea I ordered a pair. And since it's FS, you (and I) can always return them if you hate them.

If you're not going to use it, please consider sending it my way (for good karma?). I could REALLY use this at my place.
I'm not gonna use mine. Let me know if anyone wants a code.

Did anyone get the pre-order bonus with Last of Us? I thought it came with all pre-orders but then I saw that EB is claiming it's their exclusive.

Best Buy and FS are continuing this new policy of not leaving games in the mail box, so glad I was around to accept my delivery yesterday. They used to leave it in the box every time.

I have two of those headset codes if anybody needs it, one from FS and one from Best Buy.

[quote name="KAPBAM" post="10626942" timestamp="1371279986"][quote name="Lockescythe" post="10626181" timestamp="1371257362"] And since it's FS, you (and I) can always return them if you hate them.[/quote]

Does FS accept open box items? Just wondering because I also bought the headset. Not sure how good it is

My friends swear by those headphones. I figured at 50$, they'll be my go-to solution for multiplayer. So yea I ordered a pair. And since it's FS, you (and I) can always return them if you hate them.

Just remeber my phone doesn't have a mic so these headphones will be helpful... though My code does NOT work >_>;;; guess I'll have to call and get it adjust.

Oh if anyone has an extra code to spare can they Pm me. I want to order one for myself and was telling my brother and now he wants one too >_>;

Thanks in advance.

[quote name="Solid-Snake-Eyes" post="10627392" timestamp="1371314015"]Best Buy and FS are continuing this new policy of not leaving games in the mail box, so glad I was around to accept my delivery yesterday.[/quote]

That's probably a delivery service thing. I got my Last Of Us in my mail box. But seems whenever the postal worker changes, they have their own new preferences/quirks.

[quote name="Lockescythe" post="10626181" timestamp="1371257362"]
And since it's FS, you (and I) can always return them if you hate them.
Does FS accept open box items? Just wondering because I also bought the headset. Not sure how good it is
Yea like Solid-Snake-Eyes said, they do accept open box items with some exceptions, say an open video game. But I've tested and returned multiple headphones. I've had a hell of a time trying to find a pair I like :/ At least thanks to FS/BB I can try them, then return if I don't like them. Same will go for this pair. Although at 50$, they only have to suit my needs for multiplayer for me to keep them.

If you're not going to use it, please consider sending it my way (for good karma?). I could REALLY use this at my place.

Didn't receive a code, would love to have one, please!

Didn't receive a code, would love to have one, please!
pm sent. enjoy

Futureshop finally update the info for Project x Zone. All pre-ordered copies made online get the Limited Edition bonus. 

I think you should be fine, I don't remember seeing any "Future Shop exclusive" or "Best Buy exclusive" type stuff that would have different packaging or anything. Personally I'm planning on just going into FS tomorrow if my copy doesn't ship today and then returning my shipped copy with my store invoice just so I can play it over the weekend.
I received them both on Friday and examined them closely, they were identical. I didn't actually even know which was which cause there were no packing slips or identifying info on the envelopes. It didn't matter in the end cause I sold my extra copy on Craigslist.

I also got my headphnes today (thanks canuckcollector!!!) but I'm not sure about keeping them. It's been half a day and my head feels like it's in a lock. Normally I can wear my sennheiser for 8 hours no problem. They're way too tight!

I've got a code for the headphones that i wont be using if anyone wants it. PM me

Edit: Code is taken

I also got my headphnes today (thanks canuckcollector!!!) but I'm not sure about keeping them. It's been half a day and my head feels like it's in a lock. Normally I can wear my sennheiser for 8 hours no problem. They're way too tight!
Really? I think they're awesome, played a few hours of Rocksmith on it. The sound is great and I can actually practice playing bass while people are sleeping a few doors down~.

bread's done
Back