FYE - 50% off ALL GAMES - YMMV

Nelstone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm not sure if this has already been posted elsewhere.

The FYE at the Altamonte Mall in Altamonte Springs, Florida is selling all of it's video games for 50% off. Not sure if this is nation wide.

It looks like FYE stores without a huge dedicated gaming section are clearing out games instead of shipping them to the larger FYEs.

Here is what I picked up (price after 50% off):

- Enchanted Arms Collectors Edition, 360: $20
- Untold Legends: The Warriors Code, PSP: $10
- Jeanne D'Arc, PSP: $15
- Capcom Mini Mix, GBA: $5

Slim pickins' beyond that, IMHO.

Nelstone

Can anyone around the Buffalo area confirm this for the McKinley Mall FYE? I'm out at school and can't get there, but I can get someone to pick stuff up for me.

Thanks in advance.

It's getting to the point where we almost need a YMMV board--deals could, of course, eventually migrate over to the main board if it turned out they were widespread. It's just increasingly annoying that the main deal board is muddled with anywhere from five to fifteen YMMV threads depending upon the day... and that a nearly insignificant number of people will get in on these deals.

Nothing against you personally OP nor your deal, just a trend that has been getting increasingly worse over the past few months.

Don't mean to pile on, but yes, this is massively YMMV. It's all about finding an FYE that is either closing or one that is no longer going to carry games. Also, unless you are lucky enough to hit up when it first strikes, all of the local hoarders will clear the place out of just about anything of value.

Last time I checked my local FYE their used game prices were insanely high. So even half off wouldn't be to much.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']Last time I checked my local FYE their used game prices were insanely high. So even half off wouldn't be to much.[/quote]
And their new games are often priced at the original MSRP, no matter how old. The closest FYE to me still has the $59.99 tag on MLB 2K7, which has been put on clearance in a lot of places or can be found for $30 amost anywhere. I was able to get a few choice titles at a great price when I hit up the store that was closing in Wayne, NJ, but like I said, the place had already been destroyed by hoarders.

Adding to the two posts above me. Another factor, A little while ago a local store did this when they were eliminating games. Used games were not discounted at all. Only new merchandise.

This is definitely a YMMV, as I've been to two different FYE's in the past month. One didn't have the sale (although it was liquidating its PC line). However, the other store started off with 30% and went to 50% two weeks ago (I hope to check the store one more time tomorrow to see if they still have Boogie for the Wii).

My shopping list due to the sale:

XBOX 360
-Perfect Dark Zero
-Black Controller w/ Rechargeable Battery
-Halo 3 Special Edition

WII
-Component cables

DS
-Mega Man Starforce Pegasus
-Star Fox Assault

GBA
-Astroboy Omega Factor

PSP
-Final Fantasy

I was thinking about driving out to checkout what they had to offer but it seems like they mark up everything to retail value and then offer the 50% off of that. If it was 70% or 80% off then it might be a great deal. I already have paid full dollar for most games that I want!

Went to 2 of the 4 Fyes in Portland and neither carry new game stuff anymore. They only carry used. Wherehouse still has new games. Also should be mentioned, the sale is new games ONLY, doesn't apply to used ones, and it ends February 2.

Eh, nevermind.

Two L.A. area fye / Wherehouses just up and shut down seemingly overnight. Seems like it was there one week and completely closed down and totally empty the next.

Where are thieves going to sell their stolen games and DVDs now? One of those fyes had a lot of my stolen games and DVDs after my apartment was robbed and they wouldn't give me names and the police couldn't be bothered to follow up citing it as a "coincidence". Good riddance!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']It's getting to the point where we almost need a YMMV board--deals could, of course, eventually migrate over to the main board if it turned out they were widespread. It's just increasingly annoying that the main deal board is muddled with anywhere from five to fifteen YMMV threads depending upon the day... and that a nearly insignificant number of people will get in on these deals.

Nothing against you personally OP nor your deal, just a trend that has been getting increasingly worse over the past few months.[/quote]

I got a funny feeling that large chains are wising up to our (SD and FW too!) antics and are less likely to hit up the national clearances. I hope I'm wrong on this.

The fye in burbank had the sale. Too bad all their ps3 games were used. I saw quite a bit of a 360 selection though.

Both Tuttle and Polaris in Columbus are getting out of the gaming biz.

They're both pretty bare, but a buddy and I did score $20 copies of Rogue Galaxy.

FYE in St Joseph MO did this sale last year. Too bad that they marked the games up before doing the half off.

[quote name='Nelstone']I'm not sure if this has already been posted elsewhere.

The FYE at the Altamonte Mall in Altamonte Springs, Florida is selling all of it's video games for 50% off. Not sure if this is nation wide.

[/QUOTE]

Nice! I saw the title and I was like, "Probably a huge YMMV". Then I read Altamonte Mall and I got excited. I probably won't be able to make it out there till Friday, but hopefully there's still some good stuff left. Thanks, OP.

Yea, this is wicked YMMV, but it's not often that I find a deal worthy of CAG. If a YMMV forum opens, I promise to post stuff like this there, lol.

Hopefully you'll find some good stuff, chair_home.

[quote name='groundskeeper']The FYE near me is closed due to a fire.[/quote]
ymmv on that definitely :hot::hot::hot::hot:

i might check it out later. its hard to go to fye since these deals are non existant in my area.

i was unloading some of my used dvds at FYE yesterday to take advantage of that "brown bag" special...and was pleasantly suprised to come across this 50% off deal. i was lucky and able to snag the last copies of Juiced 2 for $20 and Bioshock for $30.

this is at the Regency mall in Jacksonville, FL btw.

At least two stores (probably more) in the Metro Detroit area (Berkley & Oakland Mall) are liquidating their game section. Wii and PS3 games have been sent to their larger store at Great Lakes Crossing.

The Berkley, MI store had a decent selection of 360 games and some accessories, some PSP and UMD movies, good selection of DS games and tons of PS2/Xbox games.

I scored Tiger Woods '08 for $24.99, a 4000 Pts. card for $24 and a rechargeable (black) battery for $6. A buddy got the Live Vision Kit ($35), NBA '08 ($24.99), LiveArcadeUnplugged ($10) and a Charge Kit (15).

Thanks for the heads up! :applause:

go there while you can. my fye closed last week before I got a chance to go. And it was a Wherehouse just 2 months earlier!

[quote name='GrafixGuerilla']At least two stores (probably more) in the Metro Detroit area (Berkley & Oakland Mall) are liquidating their game section. Wii and PS3 games have been sent to their larger store at Great Lakes Crossing.

Thanks for the heads up! :applause:[/quote]

I thought it was the Berkley and oakland over here :/

[quote name='Slappybob']Has anyone checked the one in Austin yet?

Also what does YMMV mean?

I know its Your ____ May Vary.[/QUOTE]

Mileage

[quote name='MoneyMan']I got stranglehold 360 for $29.99 and then got store credit for it for $59.99 at another fye.[/quote]

I'm not trying to be a jerk moneyman, but a lot of people on here don't like that kind of business...just putting it out there.

Stopped in a store in Marion, IN yesterday and got the following:

Xbox360 120 GB Hard Drive - $80.99
Xbox360 HD-DVD Player - $80.99

:360:

Fifa 08 - $22.49
GRAW 2 - $13.49

:ps2:

Naruto Uzumaki 2 - $17.99
Naruto Ult Ninja - $8.99

:psp:

Jeanne D'Arc - $13.49
Naruto Ult Ninja Heroes - $13.49
Power Stone - $8.99
Valkyrie Profile - $13.49

[quote name='GrafixGuerilla']At least two stores (probably more) in the Metro Detroit area (Berkley & Oakland Mall) are liquidating their game section. Wii and PS3 games have been sent to their larger store at Great Lakes Crossing.

The Berkley, MI store had a decent selection of 360 games and some accessories, some PSP and UMD movies, good selection of DS games and tons of PS2/Xbox games.

I scored Tiger Woods '08 for $24.99, a 4000 Pts. card for $24 and a rechargeable (black) battery for $6. A buddy got the Live Vision Kit ($35), NBA '08 ($24.99), LiveArcadeUnplugged ($10) and a Charge Kit (15).

Thanks for the heads up! :applause:[/quote]
whats the location for the berkley store?

Cut the YMMV hating. It gives you a head up as to what to look for around you, even if not now, maybe later. If it is in the subject heading, what is the big deal?

[quote name='bahnke1']whats the location for the berkley store?[/QUOTE]

Woodward Ave., west side between 11 and 12 Mile Rd.

I stopped back there last night and they still had a decent selection.
I picked up All-Pro Football 2K8 (yeah, it's no Madden but is fine for me) for $9.99.

[quote name='Nelstone']I'm not sure if this has already been posted elsewhere.

It looks like FYE stores without a huge dedicated gaming section are clearing out games instead of shipping them to the larger FYEs.

Here is what I picked up (price after 50% off):

- Enchanted Arms Collectors Edition, 360: $20
- Untold Legends: The Warriors Code, PSP: $10
- Jeanne D'Arc, PSP: $15
- Capcom Mini Mix, GBA: $5

Slim pickins' beyond that, IMHO.

Nelstone[/quote]
Hey nelstone anything for ds or gamecube?

[quote name='Mahavali']Hey nelstone anything for ds or gamecube?[/QUOTE]

Both DS and GC sections where limited to sports and nothing special. Odama stood out, but not as a purchase. It was $25 after the 50% off. Bleargh.

The selection was pretty pilfered when I was there last weekend.

[quote name='turls']Cut the YMMV hating. It gives you a head up as to what to look for around you, even if not now, maybe later. If it is in the subject heading, what is the big deal?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, turls :D

[quote name='Josef']My FYE had Jack and Shit, and was charging $59.99 for each! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

I'd pay $59.99 for Shit, and it would not be the first time :p

I actually scored on this one. The FYE in Hemet, CA. has been clearing out everything for 50% except Wii and PS3 merchandies. All other games, including XB360 and DS titles and accessories, are half off.
I walked in earlier this weeek and while the shelves had been picked pretty clean I was still able to find some good deals, including nabbing my brother-in-law a copy of Smackdown 08 on XB360 for half price.

The real kicker was that they included XBL membership cards in the deal so I nabbed a 12+1 membership card for $25. I'm seriously thinking about grabbing a few more if they haven't sold out yet.

Finally made it around to the Altamonte Store. Not too much left. All I came out with was a controller battery pack for $6. There's some last gen stuff there and a few 360 games there, still. Viva Pinata for $10, but I passed since I have it.

stumbling across this thread, i tried again at the two local fye's, but got denied. hopefully more of you have better success... i did get a paper bag that i could possibly use for the trade-in bonus on some unloved dvd's...

bread's done
Back