FYE BUY 2 GAMES GET THE 3rd 50% off, STOREWIDE SALE! (POSSIBLE GLITCH)

Oswald9599

CAGiversary!
Okay so FYE's are running a storewide buy 2 get the 3rd 50% off sale on ALL regular priced games. I tested this today on 3 ps3 games, TH proving ground, Tiger woods 08, and DMC4. The TH and Tiger were 29.99 and 49.99, the DMC4 59.99. The DMC4 ended up as 29.99 though, so the computer seems to be marking the higher one as the 50% off. Either way its a decent deal.

Are you sure the computer automatically price adjusted or the cashier price adjusted this? Also, if done automatically, did the price come off the 3rd game rang up (which may have been DMC4)?
[quote name='Oswald9599']Okay so FYE's are running a storewide buy 2 get the 3rd 50% off sale on ALL regular priced games. I tested this today on 3 ps3 games, TH proving ground, Tiger woods 08, and DMC4. The TH and Tiger were 29.99 and 49.99, the DMC4 59.99. The DMC4 ended up as 29.99 though, so the computer seems to be marking the higher one as the 50% off. Either way its a decent deal.[/quote]

[quote name='autche']Are you sure the computer automatically price adjusted or the cashier price adjusted this? Also, if done automatically, did the price come off the 3rd game rang up (which may have been DMC4)?[/quote]
I was the cashier. And yes the price came off automatically after I pressed total, The new FYE systems log all the UPC's for BUY 2 get 1 sales and such, The only changes we make now are for mistickets and Price adjustments, competitive and such. Devil May cry was the 3rd game, so it could be a sequence glitch.

Might be a glitch because at my FYE they had signs that said it was for "USED" items. Maybe the glitch is that it works on ALL items.

[quote name='TomoyoN']Might be a glitch because at my FYE they had signs that said it was for "USED" items. Maybe the glitch is that it works on ALL items.[/quote]
The Used Sale is a seperate Sale but works on the same concept. I have signs that I set up for this new one, its confusing though when you have 2 sales that are similar. The used one seems to make the lowest price one the 50% off though.

Yeah i saw this in store yesterday for used games when i was picking up my $20 copy of Bioshock (last one there :lol:). Anyway I wouldn't consider this a very good deal since fye's games are fairly overpriced online.

It's buy 2 get the third half off on used. I have the flier infront of me right now. All USED DVD's, Cds & games. Mix and match.

What is funny though is that after "mix and match" they say lowest priced item is free. I'm sure a manager would say it's a typo and not honor the "free" part.

Anyway, at the bottom in big letters it says USED.

[quote name='SithFran']It's buy 2 get the third half off on used. I have the flier infront of me right now. All USED DVD's, Cds & games. Mix and match.

What is funny though is that after "mix and match" they say lowest priced item is free. I'm sure a manager would say it's a typo and not honor the "free" part.

Anyway, at the bottom in big letters it says USED.[/quote]
Once again yes there is a BUY 2 get the 3rd 50% on used, BUT there is also a store wide Buy 2 get the 3rd 50% on all games store wide, regular price. Honestly Im just trying to help you out here. + if you look at the above posts, others have seen this.

[quote name='SnotRocket']could You buy 2 cheap DS games then buy a $60 ps3 game for 50 percent off??[/quote]
Thats the gist of what I was trying to explain with the glitch.

Yeah the one i went to was 50% off on all titles plus you can also stack the buy 2 get 1 half off...I was able to get Kessen III for like $1.90

To be honest this is only a good deal if you can find $10 games and you wanted a $60+ game. Otherwise its just warm...

This is assuming you don't want the $10 games and intend on trading them or... =/

Btw, what happens if you return the first 2? How does this look on the receipt?

So, buy two $20 DS games, get Rock Band 1/2 off. Nice. I wonder if the new FYE near me sells games. I know the one in the mall doesn't.

Im a Asst Mananger at FYE and I will check out this tomorrow and see if this works. Sometimes are system glitches but it usually gets fix within a day or two.

Im going into work in an hour, Ill check again. There is no link to this, the website is not doing this sale.

can someone confirm this? I'm looking to get two cheap DS games and a 360 game. And does it really automatically take 50% off the more expensive item?

Worked for me with Rockband as the third item, altho it was half off $200, not half off the stickered sale price. I didn't feel like pushing my luck on it by insisting on half off the stickered price, especially as they were assuming Rockband was just on sale for $100.

Well, I've located a store with Rock Band and I'm really tempted to try this but don't want to waste the gas if it can't be confirmed...

i think i might do this deal. i saw atelier iris 3 at one store for $29 ($10 below retail) and i might pick up DMC4 LE if they have em.

[quote name='jtdragon']Well, I've located a store with Rock Band and I'm really tempted to try this but don't want to waste the gas if it can't be confirmed...[/quote]
wow i didnt even think about that one. that would be insanely great for rock band!!

[quote name='p4rma']Anyone got a link to the site?[/quote]The sales at FYE are pretty much B&M only. Not online.

[quote name='jtdragon']Well, I've located a store with Rock Band and I'm really tempted to try this but don't want to waste the gas if it can't be confirmed...[/quote]
There's someone around here who usually "forgot his wallet" or "lost my credit card" when a glitch or sale doesn't ring up. Just saying.

Wish I saw the signage for this, because yesterday I picked up Brave Story and Advance Wars at my FYE. =\

[quote name='jtdragon']Well, I've located a store with Rock Band and I'm really tempted to try this but don't want to waste the gas if it can't be confirmed...[/quote][quote name='heghei555']Worked for me with Rockband as the third item, altho it was half off $200, not half off the stickered sale price. I didn't feel like pushing my luck on it by insisting on half off the stickered price, especially as they were assuming Rockband was just on sale for $100.[/quote]
If you need a second confirm, I just got it earlier today. Same deal. It was labeled at $200, but marked on "sale" for $170. I got Kingdom Hearts and Endless Ocean for $50, had Rock Band in the cart. I handed them Rock Band (PS3) after the first two were scanned and they gave me 50% off of the original price. Not as nice as $85 would have been, but you can't complain about a $100 RB:SE. And if anyone does try this and then try to get them to adjust it to $85, you are a moron.
[quote name='guinaevere']There's someone around here who usually "forgot his wallet" or "lost my credit card" when a glitch or sale doesn't ring up. Just saying.[/quote]That's actually what I did. I pulled my CC and DL from my wallet, stashed the wallet in the car and walked in. I have a huge wallet (people tell me it's like George Costanza's - *shrug* - I don't watch Seinfeld) and I didn't want them to see it in my pocket. But I didn't need to bolt in the end. It worked just fine. The guy didn't even mention any abnormality about the price. He was busy trying to sell me on their club card. I could tell the price was distracting him, but he didn't mention it. I would advised people to not go for $10 games if they want to try this. A "$200" game and two additional games for $120 is going to raise more eyebrows than at $150 or more.

Now I have to decide if I feel bad enough about this glitch to take it back. So far I don't, but I don't want to open it and then regret it later...

[quote name='MorPhiend']
Now I have to decide if I feel bad enough about this glitch to take it back. So far I don't, but I don't want to open it and then regret it later...[/quote]

Regret what? Buying Rock Band? I've had so much fun with it; was hoping they would update it to support system link "Battle of the Bands" modes. I would be all over getting a second set just to do something crazy like that at my bigger parties!

[quote name='jtdragon']Regret what? Buying Rock Band? I've had so much fun with it; was hoping they would update it to support system link "Battle of the Bands" modes. I would be all over getting a second set just to do something crazy like that at my bigger parties![/quote]

No, regret taking advantage of a glitch. But I don't feel bad. [quote name='nyman']Actually saw signs for this. So it seems to be a sale not a glitch. Though it is possible the sign said on used only, I didn't really look that close.[/quote]

And reading isn't your strength, is it? Firstly, you didn't read the sign at all. The signs all over the store say "USED" in big letters. Secondly, this allows you to get 50% off of the most expensive item. So it definitely is a glitch, even if there were a sale on new games.

[quote name='MorPhiend']You didn't read the sign at all. The signs all over the store say "USED" in big letters. Secondly, this allows you to get 50% off of the most expensive item. So it definitely is a glitch, even if there were a sale on new games.[/quote]

The store in Union Station (Washington, DC) had a big sign up at the entrance that said "Buy 2 games, get the 3rd game 1/2 off", with no mention of the word "used" or an asterix leading to a disclaimer that the 3rd game must be of equal or lesser value. I'm tempted to pick up Rock Band, but I'm not sure how I'd get the giant box home on the train.

The store at Arundel Mills had no signage, and as far as I can tell they open all their games before they put them on the shelf, so I didn't bother asking there. I might take a drive up to PA or the other side of Baltimore this weekend and check some other stores.

I picked up used
Kirby Canvas Curse DS $15
Advance Wars Dual Strike $15
Scarface The World is Yours Xbox $7.50

...find the right games and the sale is not too bad

Nice so it worked? So I can do something like this:

DBZ Tenkaichi 3 - $49.99
Mario Kart Double Dash! - $29.99
Devil May Cry 4 - $29.99

does this only work with new games or can you mix and match? My local FYE has a crappy selection of new games but a handful of used games

I probably got one of the best deals here:

Karaoke Rev. Country bundle - $20
DQM Joker - $20 (I think it was mistagged)
Professor Layton - $30 * 50% off = $15
Total = $55
Total w/Backstage Pass = $50.50 + tax

Also, there is a $10 rebate for Professor Layton so that will make it $40. GREAT F'N DEAL!

Am I getting to pick which is the 50% off game? I don't want to go in there and pick up Rock Band and then pay full price for it because the sales clerk puts the cheapest item on 50% off. How would I guarantee to get Rock Band 50% off?

[quote name='rarebucky']I probably got one of the best deals here:

Karaoke Rev. Country bundle - $20
DQM Joker - $20 (I think it was mistagged)
Professor Layton - $30 * 50% off = $15
Total = $55
Total w/Backstage Pass = $50.50 + tax

Also, there is a $10 rebate for Professor Layton so that will make it $40. GREAT F'N DEAL![/QUOTE]

considering the ebay market for that you basically got the other games free.

Thanks to whoever came up with this glitch

WSOP Battle for the Bracelets PSP 9.99
Bltiz the League: 14.99
Rockband 99.99

plus backstage pass. Got it for 124 out the door

[quote name='rarebucky']
Also, there is a $10 rebate for Professor Layton so that will make it $40. GREAT F'N DEAL![/quote]

Anybody know how I get this $10 rebate. The FYE deal worked for me so I got RB for $100, woohoo!

bread's done
Back