Game Stop Anime Dvd Clearance

itzdaviboi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Go to your local GAME STOP and they should have their anime dvd clearance for $4.99 each. I think they're for new DVD, but I haven't bought any used one yet.

Picked up

Wild ARMS V3 V4 [2.99]
Those who hunt elves II v1 v2
Saiyuki v3 v4 v8
Final Fantasy v4 v7
Najica vol 2
Mahoromatic: Some more beautiful v2
X [Eight]
Samurai Shodown [2.99]
Please Teacher v2
Samurai Deeper Kyo v3 v5
Noir v4 v7
Wedding Peach vol 1 box v2
GTO BOX SET Ep1-6 - 9.99
Gunparage March Premium Box v1 v2
Powerstone: The Search continues
Noir v2 v4

[quote name='itzdaviboi']Go to your local GAME STOP and they should have their anime dvd clearance for $4.99 each. I think they're for new DVD, but I haven't bought any used one yet.

Picked up

Wild ARMS Vol 4 [2.99]
Those who hunt elves II
Saiyuki v3 v4 v8
Final Fantasy v4 v7
Najica vol 2
Mahoromatic: Some more beautiful v2
X [Eight]
Samurai Shodown [2.99]
Please Teacher v2
Samurai Deeper Kyo v3 v5
Noir v4 v7
Wedding Peach vol 1 box[/QUOTE]

Please Teacher's a good one. Innuendo and butt-shots ahoy.

Confirmed at my gamestop. lots of boxsets are 10.00 as well. This is only new anime though so you need to have a gamestop that actually has new anime dvds, which few have now a days. Also remember that these "new" anime dvds generally have been opened and are all years old. At the current price it is well worth it but please note.

I've already cleared out the good stuff at my Gamestops during the half-off sales.

(I'd be looking for the 3 for $10 used bin... my sister actually found all 6 DVDs of Burst Angel in that when we were in other day and brought 'em to me. Add value card and I got the whole thing for just under $20. :D )

This is almost as great as that time I found out Justin Timberlake's AIM screen name and messaged him the goatse.cx link. Thanks, operator!

I got The Dark Myth for $2.50. It was listed as $4.99 and had a 50% off sticker on it.. I'm guessing it was meant to be 4.99 after 50% off, but they took 50% off anyway.

[quote name='moiety']Is this at all GS's or YMMV? And for new DVDs? Might have to check this out...[/quote]

Its country wide so every GS. It is for new DVD so good luck because there are a lot of them in TX. Even they're at 14.99, the cash register rings them up for 4.99.

yeah, i would call first to make sure they still have new anime before making a trip. I know the one near me was supposed to have gotten all the new anime from like 3 states so there are alot of stores that won't have any thing. However for those of us who have stores with large new anime sections left the price reduction really is a godsend.

[quote name='moiety']Is this at all GS's or YMMV? And for new DVDs? Might have to check this out...[/quote]

Its country wide so every GS. It is for new DVD so good luck because there are a lot of them in TX. Even they're at 14.99, the cash register rings them up for 4.99.

I checked one of my local GS's: they had a ton of used anime mixed in with the regular DVDs, but I didn't bother to check prices. Ah well.

[quote name='DuelLadyS'](I'd be looking for the 3 for $10 used bin... my sister actually found all 6 DVDs of Burst Angel in that when we were in other day and brought 'em to me. Add value card and I got the whole thing for just under $20. :D )[/QUOTE]That bin is awesome. How long are they supposed to be running the 3 for $10 deal? Last time, I was able to get one of the FullMetal Alchemist volumes for just $3 (Edge card still works), and I'd love if I could find more.

Oh, and are GS and EB prices the same for DVDs? Because EB has been hooking me up big-time as of late.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I've already cleared out the good stuff at my Gamestops during the half-off sales.

(I'd be looking for the 3 for $10 used bin... my sister actually found all 6 DVDs of Burst Angel in that when we were in other day and brought 'em to me. Add value card and I got the whole thing for just under $20. :D )[/quote]

:shock:

If one character could represent my emotion it would be...
envy4xy.jpg

:lol:

itzdaviboi, I am also envious of GTO BOX SET Ep1-6 - 9.99. Great deal!

My closest Gamestops don't sell new anime at all. At least I did well at Big Lots though.

I just went to three and only one had any anime at all but i did manage to get Mahoromatic vol. 2 & 3 :)
gonna go check one more later on today hopefully i can pick up something good

None of my stores carry any new anime so if anyone gets any boxsets for sale/trade or can post a list of what they can get i'd appreciate it.

Shame this doesnt go at Babbages/Moviestop/EB as well, all the EB's by me have such a great anime selection. Ill have to go on a roadtrip to see what can be found.

I went by another gamestop and managed to get a few things:
Plastic Little for 2.99
Big O 2 vol. 3, Cyborg 009 uncut, .hack legend of twilight vol. 2 for $4.99 each
and Future GPX cyber formula for 9.99
I did pretty good ^_^

I was only able to get one thing from my Gamestop today but i'm pretty happy with it since I got .....The Slayers Boxset for only 8.99 :cool:

I was only able to get one thing from my Gamestop today but i'm pretty happy with it since I got .....The Slayers Boxset for only 8.99 :cool:

[quote name='Kuma']Soujiro, did they have anymore .hack twilights? and or are you willing to pick up another?[/QUOTE]

They only had one but theres one more gamestop for me to check if i see it you want me to pick it up for you? let me know what volumes you need and ill take a look

My Gamestop has had new anime dvds at 80% off for months now. Everything is pretty much gone. They had the used stuff under the same sign, I tried to buy a few used box sets because they would have been $2 each (normally $10) but they said new only.

This is a sweet Deal I had to go through 5 different gamestops but this is what i got so far

x vol 3, 6,7
Saiyuki boxed set for vol. 1 and the boxed set for vol 7
Saiyuki vol, 3,5,6,8,9
Rune soldiers vol 3,4
final fantasy unlimited vol 6,7
blue gender the movie

all this at 4.99 each

I have 3 more gamestops i have to check out.

As a note, unless you already have other volumes, some of these deals aren't necessarily as good as (though in some cases about the same as) the boxsets that are out for these series.

As an example, Run Soldier is 6 volume series, which would make it $30 + tax for all 6 volumes at $4.99. In contrast, DeepDiscountDVD has the boxset for $24.

Similar situation for Final Fantasy Unlimited -- $35 to get all the individual volumes vs. $30 for the box and DDD.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it's definitely worthwhile to compare prices.

If anyone can find an extra Saiyuki Volumes 5 & 6 (which i need to complete my collection) i would gladly give you a $20 Blockbuster/Gamerush Gift card.

Bought the Dragon Ball Z Perfect Cell Saga for my guy at $7. Disc-only, but we already had cases for them anyway. Awesome.

Thanks OP I boguht the following today...

X Volumes 3,4,6,7,8 + movie

If anyone sees or owns and wants to get rid of volumes 1,2,5 PM please! If your store has it I'll gladly pay what you do + S&H and a few extra bucks thrown in.

[quote name='moiety']Wow people are finding some good stuff! I don't think any of my Gamestops carries new anime. :whistle2:([/quote]

Most don't. I've been to a lot of the Gamestops around here, and only two or three carried new anime, one of which now doesn't anymore.

Even when they did have new anime, selection was spotty. I got Maison Ikkoku at 50% off last year, but I haven't seen anything I'd buy in a very long time.

Went to a Gamestop that had Phoenix Wright on its online inventory. No such luck, and no bargain anime, new or used, either.

Awesome. I picked up vols. 4 and 6 of Noir to finish the series out. Comic Book - The Movie was marked down to $4.99 also, so I thought I'd check it out. Too bad nothing else caught my eye.

Anybody got any recomendations? I'm total clueless when it comes to anime.So far,I only purchase anime dvds that related to video games.I would like some other types of anime dvd that r pretty good.

[quote name='fatbeer']Anybody got any recomendations? I'm total clueless when it comes to anime.So far,I only purchase anime dvds that related to video games.I would like some other types of anime dvd that r pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Consdering they're only $5 each and there's no way to know what's at your GS/EB... I say just grab a couple that look good to you. Worst case senario, I'm sure someone here will take 'em off your hands.

[quote name='Grico']Confirmed at my gamestop. lots of boxsets are 10.00 as well. This is only new anime though so you need to have a gamestop that actually has new anime dvds, which few have now a days. Also remember that these "new" anime dvds generally have been opened and are all years old. At the current price it is well worth it but please note.[/quote]

who is your avatar, i was watching my Robot Chicken Boxset last night, and i saw a character that looked like her, but didn't know the reference...i also saw a weird guy wearing all black who might be from the same anime that I have no idea about :lol:

SPOILERS FOR THE ROBOT CHICKEN EPISODE:

well that weird "demon" wearing all black got a boner when that chick in your avatar was reprimanding him for not capturing sailor moon...is that the anime? sailor moon?

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Every gamestop in my area carrys shit for anime....guess I get shafted once again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hero101']I didn't find any good anime at NY Gamestop. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop near NYU had a crapload of good animé last I checked, but there weren't any complete series left.

yea, im gettin some good prices on it, even with the local gamestop's low selection.

got 2 cowboy bebop dvds (11st & 6st session) and Vol 6 of Full Metal Panic for $4.99 in the last week, NEW! (well,"new enough" :whistle2:/ im plannin to visit a near by suburb gamestop this week to see what they got. cant wait to see what else turns up.

bread's done
Back