Gamecube Adapter for Wii U Pre-order from Best Buy $19.99+FS (Possible YMMV)

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Details about preordering, you will have to go in store to try it out.

http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/12/29/nintendo-gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-available-via-best-buy-in-store-order/

From Slickdeals:

Unfortunately you must visit a Best Buy store to take advantage of this deal as it is currently unavailable online. Simply go to Customer Service at Best Buy and ask for an OMS for SKU #7522006 (Canada SKU is #10172249). You will have the option for shipping, which is free. This is a good option for those who already have the game and do not want to buy four new Gamecube controllers from Gamestop. I just got back from Best Buy and pre-ordered it for $19.99.

I had a hard time finding an answer to this, does anyone know if the adapter functions properly if you use a Y adapter to plug it into one USB port? There's no point in my getting two of them if they can't be powered by a single port.

I had a hard time finding an answer to this, does anyone know if the adapter functions properly if you use a Y adapter to plug it into one USB port? There's no point in my getting two of them if they can't be powered by a single port.
Dunno what a Y adapter is but my friend's had success using a wireless controller with it, the wavebird I think

It worked for me, today. I ordered one and my expected pick-up date is 1/16. I just gave the clerk the SKU and the whole thing took about two minutes. FINALLY an end to the purchasing frustration! I can't wait to use my trusty Wavebird with Smash WiiU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Walked into my local best buy store before closing. Thought I wouldn't be able to myself. My order was successful to ship on Friday to store. Thanks for the cags here and their dedication.

I think N ships all there adapters to scalpers on their payroll lol

This is ridiculous. Instock alerts... forums.... done looking for a while.

You gotta stop blaming scalpers man. At some point you just have to admit some people want it more than you and accept that fact.

It's easier to blame resellers when all this information and chances are here for you. If you haven't gotten one by now (w/ all the information put out there from CAG), you obviously aren't trying hard enough especially knowing that it's rare.

I can name a bunch of chances from the top of my head. Nintendo Store, original pre-orders before it came out, BestBuy OMS system, Gamestop used (this one being the rarest to find), Amazon randomly in stock, Walmart having them days after they came out, etc. All this information coming from CAG, SD, FatWallet, etc.

It's easier to blame resellers when all this information and chances are here for you. If you haven't gotten one by now (w/ all the information put out there from CAG), you obviously aren't trying hard enough especially knowing that it's rare.

I can name a bunch of chances from the top of my head. Nintendo Store, original pre-orders before it came out, BestBuy OMS system, Gamestop used (this one being the rarest to find), Amazon randomly in stock, Walmart having them days after they came out, etc. All this information coming from CAG, SD, FatWallet, etc.
I may missing your point. I think the problem is that many did not look until later after the game was released. I didn't get the game until a month after it was released. Why would I have been looking beforehand for an item I had no idea I would want or need. I get it that Nintendo usually understocks its hardware during mariokart release wiius were damn hard to find even for a month or two. Besides knowing to preorder months ago the other methods you mention are a crapshoot. I think the person you are quoting is just waiting until supply/demand equals and get one then when it is retail.

I may missing your point. I think the problem is that many did not look until later after the game was released. I didn't get the game until a month after it was released. Why would I have been looking beforehand for an item I had no idea I would want or need. I get it that Nintendo usually understocks its hardware during mariokart release wiius were damn hard to find even for a month or two. Besides knowing to preorder months ago the other methods you mention are a crapshoot. I think the person you are quoting is just waiting until supply/demand equals and get one then when it is retail.
But that's the point though. That guy sounded like he tried but if he really cared he would have read the few threads that popped up here about nintendo gamecube adapters and known that they're restocking. He prob wants it at MSRP which is fair but complaining about how you couldn't be arsed to keep up to date about it is kinda annoying. This is like those people who complain about shulk amiibos.

But that's the point though. That guy sounded like he tried but if he really cared he would have read the few threads that popped up here about nintendo gamecube adapters and known that they're restocking. He prob wants it at MSRP which is fair but complaining about how you couldn't be arsed to keep up to date about it is kinda annoying. This is like those people who complain about shulk amiibos.
I think he did say that.

"This is ridiculous. Instock alerts... forums.... done looking FOR A WHILE."

Anyhow hopefully they start showing up soon for those who want one at a normal price.

I don't get to best buy very often. I'm not going to drive there only to have it not happen for me when I arrive. Seem's less than even a 50/50 shot that you get an employee who knows how to do it. Less than 50/50 that it can be ordered if they do.  Produce. Ship. Profit. I'm sorry I don't pay attention to forums all day dude. And yes, I under estimated how terrible the wii u pro controller would be to play the game. I cannot get used to the buttons being out of allignment with ps4/xbox1

Woot! Got mine ordered this morning. Did it back in the gaming department. Fulfillment date of 1/14/15. The employee was pretty stoked to find out about this as well. To sum up my reaction, I mimicked my profile picture in the middle of the store. Got some weird looks, but I'm sure that's just because everyone was just jealous because my diaper looked cooler than theirs... Everyone wears them.. Right...? ......right?

No go in Gainesville, FL. The associate I talked to really knew his stuff and tried through two different ordering system. He also checked every available warehouse in Florida and beyond. He said he did the same thing for a customer earlier in the week and it went through, but there's no more stock available. Oh well, at least I got one adapter from the original bundle I pre-ordered. Everyone else in 8-player Smash will just have to use classic controllers!

It only requires one USB port to be used. Using the second USB only adds rumble to the controllers.

Edit: Also not sure if any knows, but Mayflash just released their own version of this adapter as well. Not sure how good they are since they just came out. It looks like a good alternative if you can't get your hands on the official one right now:

http://www.amazon.com/GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii-PC-WiiU/dp/B00RSXRLUE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1421087792&sr=1-1&keywords=mayflash+gamecube+adapter+wii+u

It only requires one USB port to be used. Using the second USB only adds rumble to the controllers.

Edit: Also not sure if any knows, but Mayflash just released their own version of this adapter as well. Not sure how good they are since they just came out. It looks like a good alternative if you can't get your hands on the official one right now:

http://www.amazon.com/GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii-PC-WiiU/dp/B00RSXRLUE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1421087792&sr=1-1&keywords=mayflash+gamecube+adapter+wii+u
Thanks, that's the answer I was hoping for.

Ordered at like 11:30 this morning at a CT store. Said they had about 400 left at the warehouse down from 5000 a few days ago. Mine will be ready Thursday.

Well I'm glad it's working out for most folks. My bb employee didn't check expedited shipping which I get for free so it looks like I'm going to be waiting longer than normal for my two.

Got mine ordered yesterday afternoon here in San Antonio, TX. I was expecting it to be shipped to me at home but the rep said it was only available to be picked up. So my instore pickup should be ready by the 17th. So thanks for posting about it being available again!

I was told mine should hopefully be in my loving arms on the 14th, and would of shipped out today. I can't wait to open that box, buy it a steak dinner, and whisper sweet nothings in its ear as I plug my Smash Controller and other game cube controllers into the connection ports... Oh baby... (I have issues)

So I ordered here in Vegas on Saturday night 10 mins before closing and this morning I got an email saying my order is on it's way to the store.. And a few hours later it was ready for pickup. Completely surprised at how fast it came to the store but went in and grabbed it, so I'm happeh.

Can you still do this in store I have a ton of BB credit and 2 sisters who wanna use GC controllers.

Seems I'm the last guy on the planet that will get one of these at retail price, lol.  I refuse to support the ebay scalpers though.  Same reason I only have the common amiibos.

Las Vegas here. Just got back from Best Buy in Summerlin where I was able to successfully order an adapter through OMS for ship-to-home. In store pickup was not available. I also called a store in Henderson that confirmed they could also do a ship-to-home order, so I'm assuming this will work in any vegas-area store

bread's done
Back