Gamecube Adapter for Wii U Pre-order from Best Buy $19.99+FS (Possible YMMV)

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Details about preordering, you will have to go in store to try it out.

http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/12/29/nintendo-gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-available-via-best-buy-in-store-order/

From Slickdeals:

Unfortunately you must visit a Best Buy store to take advantage of this deal as it is currently unavailable online. Simply go to Customer Service at Best Buy and ask for an OMS for SKU #7522006 (Canada SKU is #10172249). You will have the option for shipping, which is free. This is a good option for those who already have the game and do not want to buy four new Gamecube controllers from Gamestop. I just got back from Best Buy and pre-ordered it for $19.99.

No luck at my BB in South Florida. I checked all my stores in the area with RSS doesn't look like we are fortunate enough. Bummer.

These been on and off Amazon like 5 times today. I'd get one but then I'd feel sorry for myself since the whole bundle was $100 and buying the adapter, game and controller individual end up costing more minus the nice smash box.     

Of course I'd miss the Amazon stock. Uggh
Amazon has been quirky today. I was able to get it to show as in stock on the search page (like after I type in "wii u GameCube adapter" in the search bar and click "go"), but once I got to the product page it would never let me add it to my cart. I refreshed several times within the span of a minute and it seemed to just produce random results. Would say 20 in stock, 1 in stock, 6 in stock, none in stock, back to 20 in stock, etc.

Just now, when I tried, it gave me a message stating it would be in stock on 01/23 and to place an order now and they would ship it when they had it. However, I could not add to cart. Refreshed a few more times and then it gave a similar message, but said it would be in stock on 01/28 instead od 01/23. So it looks like something is up with the product (hopefully means they are expecting more soon). Either that, or Amazon took a note from Nintendo and is just straight up trolling us now.

I see a "new from $19.99" listed on the page but it's not showing where I can order for that price.

edit: and that just disappeared.

edit 2: Now I see the in stock on Jan 28 but it won't add to my cart. Ugggh!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been appearing and disappearing for the last few hours. I keep refreshing and trying 1-click with no success.

Yea, this is getting frustrating... I might call it quits. I'm sure we are all sitting here f5'n and there are 100 of us doing it over 1 or 2 at a time.

Yea, this is getting frustrating... I might call it quits. I'm sure we are all sitting here f5'n and there are 100 of us doing it over 1 or 2 at a time.
Some at gaf is saying Nintendo is slowing shipping out more. Seems more than likely now with this in/out stockage.

There has to be something up with their system for this to be happening... the last stock said January 28th... these said January 23rd.

Not sure why you guys areNT getting it. I placed another order and it went through. This is my third one this hour. I'm obviously going to cancel again but it sure tempting to 1 click buy it. It's like I have no control.

Not sure why you guys areNT getting it. I placed another order and it went through. This is my third one this hour. I'm obviously going to cancel again but it sure tempting to 1 click buy it. It's like I have no control.
I get it the split second the 1-click comes up and I get this every time:

exclamation-error-red._V192241243_.gif
Important Message
This item is no longer available from the seller you selected. Click below to continue shopping.

I get it the split second the 1-click comes up and I get this every time:

exclamation-error-red._V192241243_.gif
Important Message
This item is no longer available from the seller you selected. Click below to continue shopping.
Same here. I've been trying for a few hours. I've tried different browsers, even mobile.

Now it isn't even giving me the 1-click button, it says my address isn't eligible for 1-click. Only says this for the amazon sold one lol.

Same here. I've been trying for a few hours. I've tried different browsers, even mobile.

Now it isn't even giving me the 1-click button, it says my address isn't eligible for 1-click. Only says this for the amazon sold one lol.
I've been having that issue too.

That's weird. I get it too but when I do it over and over again it eventually goes through. 3 times today. It never go through the first time.

*on firefox

Ok, I have to report that Ii personally can only paly ssb with my mayflash adapter. It has to be possible based on the video i watched. But I cannot personally attest to it.

[quote name="jedi0077" post="12428369" timestamp="1421814082"]Ok, I have to report that Ii personally can only paly ssb with my mayflash adapter. It has to be possible based on the video i watched. But I cannot personally attest to it.[/quote]

The 4 port only works with smash on wii u. It will work with other emulated games on PC. The 1 port adapter that plugs into the wiimote works with all wii u games that support a classic controller (pretty much all of them)

I was just able to get one! I was refreshing from the search page and it showed as in stock but requiring extra days. I clicked on the item and it wasn't showing it but then I went back to the search page and tried again and was able to 1-click it. Yes!

I have to cancel my backorder from Amazon France now that I've had for over a month.

I was just able to get one! I was refreshing from the search page and it showed as in stock but requiring extra days. I clicked on the item and it wasn't showing it but then I went back to the search page and tried again and was able to 1-click it. Yes!

I have to cancel my backorder from Amazon France now that I've had for over a month.
Thanks for the tip. I got one as well!

Doesn't do anything when I hit add to cart :/  Yesterday when I saw it up it also said that they couldn't ship to my address, but there's never been any issue like that anywhere I've ordered.

Been trying to get one of these from Amazon all morning. It just won't add to cart, even though the page changes constantly. fuck

Do one click order. I had the same issue yesterday when trying to add to cart.
Any particular browser? I am using Internet Explorer, and whether I go through 1 click or just click the "add to cart" button, I get an error saying the item is not available. The exact wording of the error varies based on whether I do 1 click or add to cart, but neither works for me. I swear, what is wrong with Nintendo and their stupid supply shortages anyway? Between this, amiibos, majora's mask limited edition, the new 3ds limited editions, and even going back to older stuff like that hyrule historia limited edition, it's just absurd how hard it is to get a hold of this stuff. It's like they don't even want my money....

Can those of you who were lucky enough to get Amazon orders in the last few days confirm once your item has actually shipped?  Given how odd the site has been behaving (i.e. showing as in stock, out of stock, in stock, out of stock, giving errors when attempting to add to cart), it would be reassuring to know that the people who actually get an order in are in fact receiving the product and it's not just some weird glitch meant to troll us all.

Meanwhile, back to my nightly attempt at F5'ing on Amazon for a bit....

Can those of you who were lucky enough to get Amazon orders in the last few days confirm once your item has actually shipped? Given how odd the site has been behaving (i.e. showing as in stock, out of stock, in stock, out of stock, giving errors when attempting to add to cart), it would be reassuring to know that the people who actually get an order in are in fact receiving the product and it's not just some weird glitch meant to troll us all.

My order from this morning is in Shipping Now faze. Don't give up hope just yet.

Can those of you who were lucky enough to get Amazon orders in the last few days confirm once your item has actually shipped? Given how odd the site has been behaving (i.e. showing as in stock, out of stock, in stock, out of stock, giving errors when attempting to add to cart), it would be reassuring to know that the people who actually get an order in are in fact receiving the product and it's not just some weird glitch meant to troll us all.

I got one earlier today around noon I think. I just got the shipping notification 20 minutes ago. I saw it came back super briefly around 6CST but haven't since then.

My Mayflash 4 port came today and it's so great! Tested with SSB and Wind Waker with perfect results! Mario Kart 8 will be tested tonight. Nice to be able to play more than ssb. For only 10$ more than retail of the Nintendo one.
Wait so that third party adapter can be used for other games as well? The official Nintendo can only be used in SSB though, correct?

Got one today through 1 click, around 613.  I've been getting Wednesdays off since the start of the new year and have lucked out.  Majora's Mask game 1 week, the system the next, now this and a Pit Amiibo.

bread's done
Back