Gamecube Adapter for Wii U Pre-order from Best Buy $19.99+FS (Possible YMMV)

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Details about preordering, you will have to go in store to try it out.

http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/12/29/nintendo-gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-available-via-best-buy-in-store-order/

From Slickdeals:

Unfortunately you must visit a Best Buy store to take advantage of this deal as it is currently unavailable online. Simply go to Customer Service at Best Buy and ask for an OMS for SKU #7522006 (Canada SKU is #10172249). You will have the option for shipping, which is free. This is a good option for those who already have the game and do not want to buy four new Gamecube controllers from Gamestop. I just got back from Best Buy and pre-ordered it for $19.99.

first dealt with a really rude girl at my local BB. She would not check at all. She kept saying it was out of stock. (it seems to take time to even turn on OMS) and her tone was really curt so i called adifferent one and after 10 mins they told me to come in that it was possible. When i went in it almost went through then denied. Saying unavailable. Anyone willing to sell one? haha I just about had it.

Thanks Op! Just ordered two in Bowling Green KY. Should be there on the 21st. Keeping one and selling the other to cover my costs!

Got two adapters in on Wednesday (1 for me, 1 for friend), and was able to order ANOTHER one yesterday for a different friend. Keep trying, folks. (DFW area - Frisco BB)

Got two adapters in on Wednesday (1 for me, 1 for friend), and was able to order ANOTHER one yesterday for a different friend. Keep trying, folks. (DFW area - Frisco BB)
Why can it be done via oms but still be out of stock.. Is this ymmv as far as it being able to work or ymmv at getting the person to do it properly.

[quote name="stevey22" post="12415419" timestamp="1421359931"]Why can it be done via oms but still be out of stock.. Is this ymmv as far as it being able to work or ymmv at getting the person to do it properly.[/quote]

In my experience, the employee must select ship-to-home, as store pickup will show 0 quantity in local warehouse. My assumption is that ship to home will draw on national warehouse inventory and show in-stock. I could be completely wrong, but this is how I'm rationalizing my success with shipping and not with pickup.

Best Buy got more of these in last night. Picked some up today. Looks like according to inventory tracker most stores in my area are already sold out. Employee says their warehouse is showing 0 on hand.

By frisco do you mean san francisco? I tried at one location in sf yesterday but was turned down due to it apparently being oos and the employee claimed to be unable to create an order through oms. Pretty disappointed that there was no mention of these during yesterday's nintendo direct like how they addressed the marth amiibo issue.

I tried DFW just now near Arlington. No go for me. If you are already out in a store maybe give a shoy but I wouldn't waste a lot of time chasing this goose.

Grabbed one at my local store this afternoon - store pickup page online seems pretty accurate (had two stores listed "In store only" last night, then three this morning at open, then back to two later).  They had three left, but not on the shelf to try to fend off resellers.  I don't know how much I'll really use it, but it was a good deal with a $10 RZ cert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did an order via OMS for 2 controller adapters at the St Louis MO / South County BB, took just a few minutes. CS rep knew about it and what to do. Should have them by end of the month.

I was able to order one tonight in store. They told me it is only available for shipping. It should be here on the 29th :)

Was denied in Ames, IA but got through in Des Moines (about 40 minutes apart). The rep in Ames was less than helpful and convinced from the start it would be out of stock, but the one in Des Moines was very kind! The poster that said you have to make sure they select shipping and not delivery to store is definitely correct.

Managed to grab one at the Crossgates Best Buy in Albany, NY. The clerks at the customer service desk were more than happy to order one for me and were directed to do so by the stock manager in the back. If you're in/near the area, it's worth a stop if you're still looking for an adapter.

OMS for SKU #7522006
OMS? What's that? Not all of us know all the acronyms!

Anyway I think I'm gonna NOT jump through hoops to get a cheap plastic product. I'll wait to order it normally like 99.99% of all other cheap plastic products. Damn Nintendo and their manufactured demand schemes.

OMS? What's that? Not all of us know all the acronyms!

Anyway I think I'm gonna NOT jump through hoops to get a cheap plastic product. I'll wait to order it normally like 99.99% of all other cheap plastic products. Damn Nintendo and their manufactured demand schemes.
Order management system. Just have to go to customer service at a best buy to order it. I haven't had luck with ship to home nor to store :/

This sounds a lot like the last run: a few people get OMS orders > a day or two of every store having them available for OMS > a few show up in stores. Keep trying. I will post up if I see them in stores. Good luck!

My Mayflash 4 port adapter will be delivered Wednesday. Can't wait to play WWaker and SSB with an actual controller! Got mine for only 32.00 on ebay. add 6$ ebay bucks and BAM. Awesome deal. Shipped from NY too not  Shingua Province like amazon.

My Mayflash 4 port adapter will be delivered Wednesday. Can't wait to play WWaker and SSB with an actual controller! Got mine for only 32.00 on ebay. add 6$ ebay bucks and BAM. Awesome deal. Shipped from NY too not Shingua Province like amazon.
Enjoy the lag.

My GameCube adapter shipped. Did this at the Council Bluffs BestBuy. The girl at customer service new exactly how to do an OMS and asked just asked for the SKU. She was nice and good looking too.

Back in stock, keep refreshing, just got one!

(Now will have one from best buy OMS & one from Amazon)

[quote name="no658ea3" post="12426705" timestamp="1421783353"]No for reselling.[/quote]

yes, to use 8 controllers. Not everyone is trying to turn a profit on these....

My Mayflash 4 port came today and it's so great! Tested with SSB and Wind Waker with perfect results! Mario Kart 8 will be tested tonight. Nice to be able to play more than ssb. For only 10$ more than retail of the Nintendo one.

bread's done
Back